Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Abortion laws keeping women in family violence (Read 5402 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: Abortion laws keeping women in family violence
Reply #30 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:38pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:24pm:
Come on BigOl!  That's a 12 year old girl!  What Doctor in their right mind is going to terminate the pregnancy of an infant without tinplating their arse?

So how about a 21 yr old.

Jeez you can do this research yourself you know.

The not guilty verdicts handed down in an historical Queensland abortion trial yesterday could set a legal precedent for women who procure their own abortion, according to a medical ethicist.

A Cairns District Court jury yesterday dismissed the case against Tegan Simone Leach, 21, and her partner Sergie Brennan, 22, who had been charged with procuring an abortion and supplying drugs to procure an abortion, respectively.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/did-abortion-jury-ignore-law-in-favou...

Not everything is overlooked QLD labor aren't the progressive women's rights champions you clowns make them out to be.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #31 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:39pm

rhino wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:24pm:
The truth is whichever state you live in the woman only needs a sympathetic Doctor in order to obtain an abortion. This is a non issue.

Except in QLD of course, but you already knew that.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #32 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:42pm

Neferti wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:38pm:
Come on BigOl!  That's a 12 year old girl!  What Doctor in their right mind is going to terminate the pregnancy of an infant without tinplating their arse?

I doubt that a girl of 12 could get The Pill prescribed .. just in case ...

Termination should be available to all females, regardless of their age.  It should also be covered by Medicare.

However, they should be restricted to ONE termination and prescribed the pill, or in the event that having a child could be a medical problem in the future, have a tubectomy.

Forcing a teenager to have a child is idiotic. I think that even the Catholic Church allows terminations these days, doesn't it?

Smiley

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:48pm

Neferti wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:42pm:

Termination should be available to all females, regardless of their age.  It should also be covered by Medicare.

However, they should be restricted to ONE termination and prescribed the pill, or in the event that having a child could be a medical problem in the future, have a tubectomy.

Forcing a teenager to have a child is idiotic. I think that even the Catholic Church allows terminations these days, doesn't it?

Smiley

Only one and forced onto the pill?

You do understand the concept of women's rights, yes?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:52pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:39pm:
The truth is whichever state you live in the woman only needs a sympathetic Doctor in order to obtain an abortion. This is a non issue.

No, even in QLD, which you didnt know
Quote:
Under Queensland's criminal code, abortion is unlawful unless it is performed to "preserve the woman from serious harm to her life or physical or mental health".
Any doctor can agree with a woman that her mental health is at stake and this is the out for the physician.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #35 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 5:18pm

rhino wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:52pm:

Quote:
Under Queensland's criminal code, abortion is unlawful unless it is performed to "preserve the woman from serious harm to her life or physical or mental health".
Any doctor can agree with a woman that her mental health is at stake and this is the out for the physician.

What a load of sh1t, women are being prosecuted in QLD regardless of the horse sh1t you've been spreading.

Do some research for fkk sake.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #36 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 5:21pm

Quote:

Correct.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 5:23pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:38pm:

So how about a 21 yr old.

Jeez you can do this research yourself you know.

The not guilty verdicts handed down in an historical Queensland abortion trial yesterday could set a legal precedent for women who procure their own abortion, according to a medical ethicist.

A Cairns District Court jury yesterday dismissed the case against Tegan Simone Leach, 21, and her partner Sergie Brennan, 22, who had been charged with procuring an abortion and supplying drugs to procure an abortion, respectively.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/did-abortion-jury-ignore-law-in-favou...

Not everything is overlooked QLD labor aren't the progressive women's rights champions you clowns make them out to be.

That decision will be repeated every time anyone is charged.....provided we are talking about adults.  Doctors will be very coy with minors.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #38 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 5:33pm

mothra wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:48pm:

Smiley

Don't talk to me about "women's rights". 

Females should NOT expect to use "abortion" (or termination if you like) as a form of CONTRACEPTION.

A girl of 12 has absolutely NO IDEA and nor did the boy who got her pregnant.

Should she have the baby and let her Mother bring it up?  Or should she have the baby and put it up for adoption?  Or should she have a termination?

Do you have daughters?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 5:40pm

Neferti wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 5:33pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:48pm:

Smiley

Don't talk to me about "women's rights". 

Females should NOT expect to use "abortion" (or termination if you like) as a form of CONTRACEPTION.

A girl of 12 has absolutely NO IDEA and nor did the boy who got her pregnant.

Should she have the baby and let her Mother bring it up?  Or should she have the baby and put it up for adoption?  Or should she have a termination?

Do you have daughters?

Who said anything about using abortion as a contraception? Very few, if any, women do that. You know the only 100% effective form of contraception is abstinence, yes? And that not all women can tolerate the pill? And that there are very big question marks over it's long term health effects?

What do you propose for a woman who, despite birth control, falls pregnant a second time? A coat-hanger?

As for the 12 year old, that is a matter between her and her mother. If i had my way RU-486 would be freely available.

And yes i have a daughter. What relevance is that?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 5:42pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 5:18pm:

Quote:

What a load of sh1t, women are being prosecuted in QLD regardless of the horse sh1t you've been spreading.

No, I am correct. This is the one of the most common reasons a physician uses for performing an abortion right across Australia, regardless of which state. Doctors are not being prosecuted and are unable to be prosecuted for this.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #41 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 12:14pm

Taking the life of an unborn human is not right.

OK so it the woman's body, but the child didn't ask to be conceived, it is an innocent that will be cruelly murdered, often for no good reason.

Fair enough if the child will be unhealthy or the mothers life is in danger and the child unable to live a normal healthy life.
But if the woman didn't want the child she should not have engaged in the first place.
Rape is also no excuse for the termination of an unborn.
If the child is healthy, give it to one of the many thousands of people who cannot have children and desperately want them.

My granddaughter was born of an abusive and seriously twisted father.
He and I eventually came to blows, he is now no longer involved with our family in any way, and he had better not try while I'm alive.
But my granddaughter is a joy for my wife and I, she is a perfect child, intelligent, happy and a joy to have.
My daughter loves her dearly as does her new dad.

Imagine all that would have been missed had my daughter had an abortion?

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #42 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 12:37pm

rhino wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 5:42pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 5:18pm:

Quote:

No, I am correct. This is the one of the most common reasons a physician uses for performing an abortion right across Australia, regardless of which state. Doctors are not being prosecuted and are unable to be prosecuted for this.

Never said that doctors were being prosecuted, jeezus fkking christ read what I post.

The WOMEN are being prosecuted. NOT the doctors the WOMEN.

FFS learn to read what has been written.  Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #43 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 1:03pm

Valkie wrote on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 12:14pm:
Taking the life of an unborn human is not right.

OK so it the woman's body, but the child didn't ask to be conceived, it is an innocent that will be cruelly murdered, often for no good reason.

Fair enough if the child will be unhealthy or the mothers life is in danger and the child unable to live a normal healthy life.
But if the woman didn't want the child she should not have engaged in the first place.
Rape is also no excuse for the termination of an unborn.
If the child is healthy, give it to one of the many thousands of people who cannot have children and desperately want them.

My granddaughter was born of an abusive and seriously twisted father.
He and I eventually came to blows, he is now no longer involved with our family in any way, and he had better not try while I'm alive.
But my granddaughter is a joy for my wife and I, she is a perfect child, intelligent, happy and a joy to have.
My daughter loves her dearly as does her new dad.

Imagine all that would have been missed had my daughter had an abortion?

Horses for courses. Plus do you consider a 10-12 week old foetus alive?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #44 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 8:01am

All this talk and apparent compassion for children's live when they're unborn, but the exact same people seem to stop caring once they're born as many of the posters in here are calling for support for Hanson's comments to segregate all children with ASD.  Just like the Repiblicans in the US.  When it comes to telling a women what she can or can't do with her body they're all about the children, but once they're born they don't give a bugger.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print