Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
10 easy ways to take action for West Papua (Read 1250 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: 10 easy ways to take action for West Papua
Reply #30 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 4:08pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 5:17am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 9:26pm:
10,000 per year for the last 50 years, perhaps? Not really likely. That's like 300+ per day. Even the most casual observer would have seen evidence of this happening in such large numbers. Australia has about 300 murders and manslaughters per year max, and people make a big deal about that. 300 per day getting murdered is something international attention would warrant.

Yes it would.

Pity 300 dead black fellas, doesn't

Which is what I am saying. The deaths of tens of thousands of West Papuans is not important. Unless West Papua has oil fields that rival Saudi Arabia, no one will notice.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #31 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 4:08pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 4:03pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 9:43pm:
The numbers are correct. Do some research.

Ten thousand murders per year every year? Something like that happening in a country like Australia would have the international community conducting an investigation. I presume that this slaughter in West Papua has tacit international approval?

Uncle Sam has sanctioned it. Of course, the Australian government does not oppose it either.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #32 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 4:14pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 4:08pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 5:17am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 9:26pm:
10,000 per year for the last 50 years, perhaps? Not really likely. That's like 300+ per day. Even the most casual observer would have seen evidence of this happening in such large numbers. Australia has about 300 murders and manslaughters per year max, and people make a big deal about that. 300 per day getting murdered is something international attention would warrant.

Yes it would.

Pity 300 dead black fellas, doesn't

Which is what I am saying. The deaths of tens of thousands of West Papuans is not important. Unless West Papua has oil fields that rival Saudi Arabia, no one will notice.

It has massive resources in copper & gold,and it is the indonesians doing the killing so that they can steal the wealth for themselves. It is their own little killing field paradise.

And that is the problem.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #33 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 4:28pm

American company Freeport is making $1 billion a year from copper and gold. USA does not want this to stop.

Meantime, they are destroying and poisoning the environment as well as leaving piles of dead bodies.

Uncle Sam thanks you for your forbearance of his peccadillos.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2016/nov/02/100-bn-dollar-gold-mi...

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print