Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Satay Dog
Reply #90 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:18am

One would have to ask the question

if these people also use poison i.e. Cyanide

to kill these dogs

It would be reasonable to assume that anyone who ate the meat of that poisoned dog

would also get poisoned

Would they not?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-19/evidence-shows-dogs-in-bali-brutally-kille...

Another good reason not to ever go to Bali .. or anywhere else in Indonesia.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #91 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:20am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:18am:
Gordon wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:14am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:57am:
Gordon wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:50am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:34am:
Gordon wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:21am:

Only 8% of Samsung phones are made in Korea, if that's what you're getting at.

Doesn't matter,  the money goes back to Korea.

You're willing to penalise someone who makes wooden carvings for a few dollars a day yet you're happy to support a multinational?

Bit unfair.

Are cheap, wood-carved phones available at Salamanca Markets?

Just for you

How much RAM?

About 6 inches by the looks of it. Do you need more?

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:21am

Gnads wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:18am:

to kill these dogs

It would be reasonable to assume that anyone who ate the meat of that poisoned dog

would also get poisoned

Would they not?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-19/evidence-shows-dogs-in-bali-brutally-kille...

Absolutely.

"Firstly, cyanide is not going to be destroyed by cooking. So there will be cyanide throughout the dog's body.

"The actual risk depends upon how much poison is in the dog meat."

"The clinical toxicologist said concentrations of cyanide in the flesh of the dog commonly used in a satay stick could result in minor symptoms such as "feeling nauseated, diarrhoea, aches in the muscles and shortness of breath".

"However, if you were to eat the meat "again and again, that can actually give organ damage and damage to the nerves".

"And, Dr Dawson said, the symptoms could be as severe as death.

"If you are eating, for example, a curry and it was including bits of the animal stomach or the heart, then you would expect really high concentrations of cyanide ... which could be fatal."

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:23am

Gordon wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:20am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:18am:
Gordon wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:14am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:57am:
Gordon wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:50am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:34am:
Gordon wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:21am:

Only 8% of Samsung phones are made in Korea, if that's what you're getting at.

Doesn't matter,  the money goes back to Korea.

You're willing to penalise someone who makes wooden carvings for a few dollars a day yet you're happy to support a multinational?

Bit unfair.

Are cheap, wood-carved phones available at Salamanca Markets?

Just for you

How much RAM?

About 6 inches by the looks of it. Do you need more?

"inches"?

You must be talking about screen size.

I'm happy with 4.5".

Anything bigger, and it doesn't fit in my pants.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #94 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:23am

to kill these dogs

would also get poisoned

Would they not?

That was covered in the 730 report story. It won't kill you, but muscle cramps, shortness of breath and feeling generally unwell.

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:25am

Gordon wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:23am:

to kill these dogs

would also get poisoned

Would they not?

That was covered in the 730 report story. It won't kill you, but muscle cramps, shortness of breath and feeling generally unwell.

"If you are eating, for example, a curry and it was including bits of the animal stomach or the heart, then you would expect really high concentrations of cyanide ... which could be fatal."

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:29am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:21am:

to kill these dogs

would also get poisoned

Would they not?

Absolutely.

"Firstly, cyanide is not going to be destroyed by cooking. So there will be cyanide throughout the dog's body.

"The clinical toxicologist said concentrations of cyanide in the flesh of the dog commonly used in a satay stick could result in minor symptoms such as "feeling nauseated, diarrhoea, aches in the muscles and shortness of breath".

"However, if you were to eat the meat "again and again, that can actually give organ damage and damage to the nerves".

Ahhh yes easily explained away ....

just a touch of BALI BELLY

so the toursists have been really been getting sick from this for decades  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:33am

Gnads wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:29am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:21am:

to kill these dogs

would also get poisoned

Would they not?

Absolutely.

Ahhh yes easily explained away ....

just a touch of BALI BELLY

so the toursists have been really been getting sick from this for decades  Roll Eyes

Exactly!!!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #98 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 6:40pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:58am:
freediver wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:50am:
AAccording to who?

Whom?

Animals Australia.

"I have trained myself to cope with cruelty, but nothing prepared me for the brutal catching of dogs in a village. I focussed on my camera work but it was absolutely gut-wrenching to hear these dogs voice their sense of betrayal. They were literally screaming and wailing in terror and sorrow.

"The urge to intervene as defenceless dogs were being shot, bludgeoned or hung was almost overwhelming. But jumping in and helping that one animal might make me feel better, but it won't stop another and another from enduring the same fate and this shocking cruelty continuing for years to come."

"Poisoned baits were laid on a dirt path amid the labyrinth of Denpasar's back streets. Before long a lean and timid black dog appeared and ate one. The bait acted to 'stun' the dog and a gang member quickly grabbed him by the front leg while another leapt in to shove more poison down his throat. He began foaming at the mouth and collapsed as he tried to escape.

"While the effects of the poison were rapid, the dog's death was slow and it was obvious he was wracked with pain. Eventually, his laboured breathing stopped and he was dead. The gang quickly took to him with a blow torch to burn off his fur."

"Even as the dog's legs were cut off his body, a gang member announced that another dog had taken a bait. As I repositioned myself to capture this on film, I was gutted to see it was a small white puppy who was eating the poisoned treat. It took many agonising minutes for the puppy to die, and for the first time in my career, I turned off the camera. I sat stroking him as he died and found myself apologising for the cruelty of my fellow man.

"The catching was fiercely aggressive. At times, one dog hung from the wire noose while another was tied. The hanging dogs screamed and writhed as the noose was strangling them. Some tried to bite through the ties to free themselves but with their muzzles lashed, their attempts were futile."

Sounds pretty far fetched to me. Who is going to shove their hand down a stray dog's throat?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:32pm

freediver wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 6:40pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:58am:
freediver wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:50am:
AAccording to who?

Whom?

Animals Australia.

"I have trained myself to cope with cruelty, but nothing prepared me for the brutal catching of dogs in a village. I focussed on my camera work but it was absolutely gut-wrenching to hear these dogs voice their sense of betrayal. They were literally screaming and wailing in terror and sorrow.

"The urge to intervene as defenceless dogs were being shot, bludgeoned or hung was almost overwhelming. But jumping in and helping that one animal might make me feel better, but it won't stop another and another from enduring the same fate and this shocking cruelty continuing for years to come."

"Poisoned baits were laid on a dirt path amid the labyrinth of Denpasar's back streets. Before long a lean and timid black dog appeared and ate one. The bait acted to 'stun' the dog and a gang member quickly grabbed him by the front leg while another leapt in to shove more poison down his throat. He began foaming at the mouth and collapsed as he tried to escape.

"While the effects of the poison were rapid, the dog's death was slow and it was obvious he was wracked with pain. Eventually, his laboured breathing stopped and he was dead. The gang quickly took to him with a blow torch to burn off his fur."

"Even as the dog's legs were cut off his body, a gang member announced that another dog had taken a bait. As I repositioned myself to capture this on film, I was gutted to see it was a small white puppy who was eating the poisoned treat. It took many agonising minutes for the puppy to die, and for the first time in my career, I turned off the camera. I sat stroking him as he died and found myself apologising for the cruelty of my fellow man.

"The catching was fiercely aggressive. At times, one dog hung from the wire noose while another was tied. The hanging dogs screamed and writhed as the noose was strangling them. Some tried to bite through the ties to free themselves but with their muzzles lashed, their attempts were futile."

Sounds pretty far fetched to me. Who is going to shove their hand down a stray dog's throat?

So, it's not true?

Is that what you're saying?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #100 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:40pm

I've seen dogs slaughtered in Vietnam several times and it's done in a manner I could only describe as pure sadism.

The dog is intentionyl tortured to improve the quality of the meat.

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #101 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:42pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:40pm:
I've seen dogs slaughtered in Vietnam several times and it's done in a manner I could only describe as pure sadism.

Yep.

There are some very sick people in this world.

This forum alone, confirms that.

Good afternoon Sprint, Hammer, Valkie, Fireball, BigHole, et al., by the way

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:43pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:42pm:

Yep.

f ark off.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:44pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:43pm:

Yep.

f ark off.

Charming.

I wish you a good afternoon, and that's the reply I get.

Tsk tsk.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:44pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:44pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 7:43pm:

Yep.

f ark off.

Charming.

I wish you a good afternoon, and that's the reply I get.

Tsk tsk.

eat s hit and die.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print