Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
the Seasons this year.. (Read 671 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

the Seasons this year..
Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:53pm

are running late...

well at least in Victoria.. '

its been a cool summer with low crops of vegetables and also other things such as honey..

but if you look around right now you'll see Leaves Falling from trees..

some are even say, 60% Yellow and 40% green still..

its the 20th of June tomorrow and leaves are falling off trees like they should have in April..

take a look at your flowering Gum Trees... you'll see that the summer/autumn flowering Gums still have flowers on them with bees all over them on the warming days...

so seeing this has been pushed out.. I'd have to assume that ITS going to be a late winter and Harvest..

this has nothing to do with climate change of course... unlike the loons would have you believe ..

its just a normal part of our worlds cycles..

just ask Scoot... I think he said something about a certain type of grass going on his property out of season... but I bet my bottom dollar.. it'll be growing at the same time he expects it to once again...

and its this cycle that us humans should be more interested in.. not this horseshit called Global Warming

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: the Seasons this year..
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:54pm

oh..
'
and try and buy some cheap tomatoes in your supermarket at the moment.. there's a huge shortage all over australia..

this will happen during a global cooling... less crops = skyrocketing Vegetable and Fruit prices...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:56pm

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 9:12pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:56pm:

no..

but they are Dickheads...

they say that we are in an Autumn that "won't let go" ...

but Autumn didn't start when they think it "normally" would...

for instance..

when we should have been getting flowing gums through February/March/April... we only had developing Buds...

and thats why we are now seeing this Flowing in May/June ...

this is the same with Autumn Leaves dropping..

the season is what I would call late...

not that "it won't let go" ...

preposterous.. Roll Eyes

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:06pm

.. been wet as again... not supposed to drop below 14 deg tonight.... not bad for Winter... had a light frost that half-killed the pumpkins, but they're going to be covered soon... before the next one.

Backyard and front yard a quagmire - been buying up used pavers to make paths (as well as my fifty foot yacht - mooring $40 a week twenty minutes away) .... lots of ditch digging to be done... now the argument begins over how to do the drainage.. I say catch the water flooding down the yard before it goes through the carport where the barbie etc are, divert it around, and then drain it into the back council drain.

SWMBO wants to let the water run through the carport, soak underfoot, and catch it at the bottom.... never happen - it already turns left and runs under the farken house... so no way, Jose`!

Pity someone stole that book title - "A River Runs Through It."

In other news - next door neighbour in hospital with head injury.. fell I think while we were at the club yesterday.... his wife is at the hospital and grand-dad is looking after the kids, so we haven't got the full story yet.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 1:57am

Even last year, it was getting cold at this point of the year. Seems like we have had warmer weather this year compared to the warm weather for this time last year. I would love a near freezing couple of weeks really soon. But I am so accustomed to warmer weather that I would not care if we reenact last year's weather pattern. That said, I hope we get a good downpour in July like we did last year.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:43am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:06pm:
.. been wet as again... not supposed to drop below 14 deg tonight.... not bad for Winter... had a light frost that half-killed the pumpkins, but they're going to be covered soon... before the next one.

Backyard and front yard a quagmire - been buying up used pavers to make paths (as well as my fifty foot yacht - mooring $40 a week twenty minutes away) .... lots of ditch digging to be done... now the argument begins over how to do the drainage.. I say catch the water flooding down the yard before it goes through the carport where the barbie etc are, divert it around, and then drain it into the back council drain.

SWMBO wants to let the water run through the carport, soak underfoot, and catch it at the bottom.... never happen - it already turns left and runs under the farken house... so no way, Jose`!

In other news - next door neighbour in hospital with head injury.. fell I think while we were at the club yesterday.... his wife is at the hospital and grand-dad is looking after the kids, so we haven't got the full story yet.

all the rivers run?

Mrs Jessop..

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:45am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 1:57am:
Even last year, it was getting cold at this point of the year. Seems like we have had warmer weather this year compared to the warm weather for this time last year. I would love a near freezing couple of weeks really soon. But I am so accustomed to warmer weather that I would not care if we reenact last year's weather pattern. That said, I hope we get a good downpour in July like we did last year.

my prediction... looking at whats going on around me here... would be July/August and running into September...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:05am

Gordon wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:56pm:

Yep I saw that and noticed they mentioned the cold water off WA and I immediately thought is that what's bringing more great whites.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:07am

Expecting nature to follow the timetable of a man-made concept.

Too funny    Grin

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:42am

I'll be at the snow in 3 weeks. Oh well if the snow's crap I'll hike up Kozi.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 10:08am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:43am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:06pm:

all the rivers run?

Mrs Jessop..

Nah - A River Runs Through It' - "ATRR" is about both my driveways and the neighour's one as well when it rains... Three Creeks Above The Concrete, and the temper burning bright... sloping block with lots of fill that I reckon is river silt or similar, so the water doesn't soak in, clay underneath... glurg...

Have to put a good drain down both sides of the house to keep water from getting underneath... clay.. yuk.. expands and contracts depending on how wet.

Think I'll go live on the boat and sell up... $40 a week mooring isn't too bad, or $70 a week for hooked to the wharf with power etc.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #12 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:02pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:45am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 1:57am:

my prediction... looking at whats going on around me here... would be July/August and running into September...

Not sure what you mean. But I think it will be cold in July. Warming up in early August.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print