Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The reality of what unfettered gun ownership does (Read 3604 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

The reality of what unfettered gun ownership does
Jun 14th, 2017 at 10:41pm

The reality of what unfettered gun ownership does in the USA. Tsk, tsk.  Whose next?  President Trump?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Re: The reality of what unfettered gun ownership does
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 10:14pm

The Left strikes again! This is the type of thing you have wanted to happen. Everyday a new attack on President Trump, his Administration and anyone who even remotely supports any of his promises. Now we have someone who took it one small step farther and all I see is you moaning about unfettered gun ownership.

One of the weak minded fulfilled a small part of the Liberal fantasy.
http://thegrio.com/2017/06/06/senators-stab-trump-to-death-during-shakespeare-in...

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 11:00pm

Who could complain, I can not imagine going to the base ball without a rifle ? What would be the point ?

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 12:08am

Just another Bernie supporter who reached his breaking point. He must have been very frustrated he wouldn't get his fair share of free sh1t under Trump.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 9:47pm

I know my point was apolitical.   Doesn't matter if its a member of the loony left or right.  They have access to guns.  They use them.   You lot don't appear to care that some innocent people died and been wounded.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 1:07am

This shooting was instigated by the Left and their continual attacks on Trump and anyone who agrees with any of his proposals. The Left is responsible for feeding this angry individual their hateful rhetoric!   

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 1:32am

Why am I reminded of the Monty Python Gumbos chanting "Spam! Spam! Spam!"?  Except of course this time it's "Gun! Guns! Guns!".   Mort, how many times have right wingers used their guns to kill innocent people?  How many times have left wingers?   Doesn't matter which way their politics lean, it's the ready availability of guns which is the problem.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #7 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 1:43am

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 1:32am:
Why am I reminded of the Monty Python Gumbos chanting "Spam! Spam! Spam!"?  Except of course this time it's "Gun! Guns! Guns!".   Mort, how many times have right wingers used their guns to kill innocent people?  How many times have left wingers?   Doesn't matter which way their politics lean, it's the ready availability of guns which is the problem.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Ninety-nine times out of a hundred it is the Left who commit gun crimes.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #8 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 4:08pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 1:43am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 1:32am:

Ninety-nine times out of a hundred it is the Left who commit gun crimes.

I agree with Brian.....it's the availability of guns that's the problem..........available to the progressive left & the democrats that is, because to date I haven't found a mass shooter registered to anything but the democrat party in America.

So, if anyone wants to legally purchase a firearm, they should be refused if they are a convicted felon.......if they have been diagnosed with a violent form of mental illness/insanity.........or if they have voted democrat in the last 8 years........or are a registered democrat. All others are fine for owning & carrying a firearm......Brian will whinge, but he must eventually come to the stark reality that not living in, or being a citizen of America, he has only his words to say anything about what American Rights are.

Individual Americans have the Inalienable Constitutional Right to own & carry/use Firearms, & Brian can't do a damn thing about it.....nor can the American Government.

Wink

« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2017 at 4:16pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 5:08pm

Oh, dear, still stuck on the politics of the shooter argument.  Tsk, tsk, it doesn't matter what the politics of the shooter is because both members of the Left and of the Right, indeed, more often than not, they are members of the Right, are prone to gun violence in America.   How often do we read about this or that person who was a supporter of the Right wing of politics losing their wick and going on a shooting rampage?   If it was only one side, you'd be right but it isn't, its actually both sides which has access to guns and misuses them.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 5:12pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 5:08pm:
Oh, dear, still stuck on the politics of the shooter argument.  Tsk, tsk, it doesn't matter what the politics of the shooter is because both members of the Left and of the Right, indeed, more often than not, they are members of the Right, are prone to gun violence in America.   How often do we read about this or that person who was a supporter of the Right wing of politics losing their wick and going on a shooting rampage?   If it was only one side, you'd be right but it isn't, its actually both sides which has access to guns and misuses them.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
they are members of the Right, are prone to gun violence in America......

I didn't know American negros are politically right?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #11 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 5:14pm

Let me ask the pro-gun rights advocate a question: why does Japan have a low homicide rate whilst at the same time having strict gun ownership laws?

Japan has a murder rate of 'fewer than one person per 100,000 persons', according to this article. https://www.businessinsider.com.au/why-japans-murder-rate-is-so-low-2014-4?r=US&...

Your answer will reveal the truth about why you really support gun ownership.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 5:16pm

Auggie wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 5:14pm:
Let me ask the pro-gun rights advocate a question: why does Japan have a low homicide rate whilst at the same time having strict gun ownership laws?

Japan has a murder rate of 'fewer than one person per 100,000 persons', according to this article. https://www.businessinsider.com.au/why-japans-murder-rate-is-so-low-2014-4?r=US&...

It may be because Japan is a monoculture. Monocultures seem to be more stable.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #13 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 5:19pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 5:16pm:
Auggie wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 5:14pm:

It may be because Japan is a monoculture. Monocultures seem to be more stable.

Ah! Gotcha!!!

So, according to you, America has a higher rate of crime because of ethnic diversity and therefore IN THE AMERICAN CONTEXT gun ownership is necessary.

But then, YOU MUST contend that such gun ownership is NOT NECESSARY IN AUSTRALIA.

Ergo, gun ownership is not about 'rights' but about protecting oneself in a DANGEROUS SOCIETY.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #14 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 5:22pm

The question then becomes:

WHY IS THE SOCIETY DANGEROUS?

Now, I DON'T believe that it's due to multiculturalism, but due to social factors. Therefore, if you agree that crime is caused by social factors, and also support gun ownership, then the real problem is social and can be fixed. Even if you argue that multicultural societies are more prone to higher rates of violence, then the real problem has nothing to do with gun rights or gun ownership, but social issues.

So, why are gun rights' activists always harping on about 'the right to own a gun?.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print