it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Fast Food
Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:43pm

You’ll Never Eat McDonald’s French Fries Again After Watching This

Published on Nov 19, 2014
Renowned activist and author Michael Pollan illustrates how McDonald’s insists on using Russet Burbank Potatoes, a potato in America that is unusually long and difficult to grow. They further insist that their potatoes have no blemishes at all, which is hard because these potatoes commonly suffer from what is referred to as Net Necrosis, which causes unwanted spots and lines on the potatoes. If they have this, McDonald’s won’t buy them and the only way to eliminate this is through the use of a pesticide called methamidophos (Monitor) “that is so toxic that the farmers who grow these potatoes in Idaho won’t venture outside and into their fields for five days after they spray.”

When McDonald’s is ready to harvest their potatoes, they have to put them in giant atmospheric controlled sheds the size of football stadiums because they are not edible for six weeks. “They have to off gas all the chemicals in them.”
Category
Nonprofits & Activism

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Fast Food
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:48pm

I don't need a video to stop me eating McDonald's junk.

Interesting video, nonetheless.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 3:37pm

I tried McDonald's, back in the early 70s. Didn't like the buns that tasted sweet, or the pickles and the cheese tasted like soap. Never had a Maccas since.

When I feel like a hamburger, I prefer to go to Greasy Joe's and get a "real" hamburger with "the lot" (hold the beetroot).  Wink

As far as "french fries" is concerned, I also prefer the real chips you get at any decent Fish 'n Chip shop (with vinegar).  Smiley

IP Logged

belita kin

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 8:21pm

I love Mcdnlds   Sad Sad Sad

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 8:32pm

From the label in Australia

THIS PRODUCT IS TOO HAZARDOUS TO BE RECOMMENDED FOR USE IN THE HOME GARDEN.
WITHHOLDING PERIODS (WHP)
Tomatoes - DO NOT HARVEST FOR 4 DAYS AFTER APPLICATION.
Cabbages, cauliflowers, potatoes - DO NOT HARVEST FOR 7 DAYS AFTER APPLICATION.
Capsicums - DO NOT HARVEST FOR 14 DAYS AFTER APPLICATION.
Peaches - DO NOT HARVEST FOR 21 DAYS AFTER APPLICATION.
Peanuts - DO NOT HARVEST FOR 12 WEEKS AFTER APPLICATION.
Peanuts (fodder) - DO NOT GRAZE OR CUT FOR STOCK FOOD FOR 12 WEEKS AFTER
APPLICATION.

Strange,, tomato has only a 4 day witholding yet you can use one of the highest rates 2.1L/ha on tomato.

better wash your tomatoes

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:02pm

miketrees wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 8:32pm:
better wash your tomatoes

you should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wash your fruit and vege's before consumption ..... that includes the pre packed pre-washed sh1t they sell in the supermarkets.

It's pre washed alright, with water from the sewer.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:36pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:48pm:
I don't need a video to stop me eating McDonald's junk.

Interesting video, nonetheless.

Whose junk are you eating?  Does Bobby know?

IBI

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 1:10am

"Hold the beetroot" on a hamburger? What kind of Australian are you?

"Chips with vinegar" sounds like something an alky would say. But perhaps it is just taste.

I work near a McDonalds. But I can hold out from eating there for a long time. Red Rooster is usually the first choice I have over McDonalds. And I have been meaning to catch up with Hungry Jacks again.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 1:17am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 9th, 2017 at 1:10am:
"Hold the beetroot" on a hamburger? What kind of Australian are you?

"Chips with vinegar" sounds like something an alky would say. But perhaps it is just taste.

I work near a McDonalds. But I can hold out from eating there for a long time. Red Rooster is usually the first choice I have over McDonalds. And I have been meaning to catch up with Hungry Jacks again.

I'd eat out with Nef at her local greasy. Vinegar(and a lot of salt) on chips is the bees knees. I like beetroot on sammiches but on a burger... Not so much.

OK, I might be an alky... there's a reason they sell salt and vinegar flavoured packet chips.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2017 at 6:47pm

Seeds of Death: Unveiling The Lies of GMO's - Full Movie

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #10 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:25pm

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/diet/eightyear-study-finds-heavy-french-...

Eight-year study finds heavy French fry eaters have ‘double’ the chance of death

GOLDEN. Warm. Crunchy, yet soft ... many find french fries the ultimate irresistible temptation. But now we know they double your chances of death.
They’re everywhere. It’s hardly possible to eat out and not find a serve on your plate. They probably even infest your freezer.
We’ve long known their greasy goodness is too good to be true. Cholesterol. Weight gain. Any number of fatty fallouts apply.
But denial is a beautiful — crispy — place to be.
Now though, an eight-year study has found those who regularly eat french fries have double the chance of death than those that don't.
MORTIFRIED
On average, we each eat roughly about 14kg of hot fried potato chips every year. And that’s a problem.
Research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition shows that those who eat fried potato two or more times each week have double the chance of dying when compared to those who eat none.
The numbers aren’t insignificant. Some 4440 people aged 45 to 79 were tracked over an eight-year period, during which 236 of them died.

During that time, their potato eating habits were carefully tracked. Were they steamed? Boiled? Roasted or fried?
After peeling back the details, it became obvious that a disproportionate number of those who died ate heaps of hot chips.
But fries weren’t the only accused: The increased death rate was tied to hash browns, potato gems — any form of potato seared in boiling oil.
GUILT BY ASSOCIATION?
The study does not directly convict french fries as killers. How much we eat them, however, is a correlation. A predictor.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:33pm

Fish burgers are good, from a local f and c shop.
I have not been to a maccas for decades..

How come the food I cook at home is 'faster' than fast food ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #12 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:00pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 9th, 2017 at 1:17am:
I'd eat out with Nef at her local greasy. Vinegar(and a lot of salt) on chips is the bees knees. I like beetroot on sammiches but on a burger... Not so much.

I haven't had a greasy Joe's hamburger for years. I did lose some weight a few years ago, was really worried as the weight was just disappearing off me.  I was worried and saw the GP .... tests done, nothing wrong ... so I asked him "how can I put on weight?" and he said "hamburgers". 

So, I bought some mince, buns, salad, eggs, cheese slices and tomato sauce and BINGO in a few weeks of eating my homemade hamburgers for lunch I stacked on the weight (got back to my normal, plus a couple of kilos).  Then I gave up hamburgers and my weight is back to my normal since I was 20ish. (i.e. 102 pounds/47 kilos)

I still don't know why I lost 4 kilos for no reason ...

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:01pm

Neferti wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:00pm:
47 kilos

how tall are you?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:11pm

I haven't eaten McShite for 15 years.

Just a few weeks ago had a totally trad greek milk bar hamburger,  it was crap compared to a good cafe hamburger but brought back the memories.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print