Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Vic. Islam Council wants 'safe rooms' (Read 17834 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Vic. Islam Council wants 'safe rooms'
Reply #15 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 10:26am

More oxygen, red?

Victoria’s Multicultural Affairs Minister Robin Scott said the idea was “deeply unhelpful and wrong”.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 10:35am

crocodile wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:41am:

ouch

the one time fireball says something that doesn't constitute abuse of another member and you go and make him look the fool. It's probably the last time he'll post something other than abuse now.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #17 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 10:42am

John Smith wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 10:35am:

ouch

the one time fireball says something that doesn't constitute abuse of another member and you go and make him look the fool. It's probably the last time he'll post something other than abuse now.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Do you think I took the photograph, I wouldn't be surprised if you did Jack?.......and last time I looked, Beirut was NOT in Iraq...........but if you think it is.............

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:17am

Fuzzball wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 10:42am:

ouch

Do you think I took the photograph, I wouldn't be surprised if you did Jack?.......and last time I looked, Beirut was NOT in Iraq...........but if you think it is.............

Beirut is not in Iraq. By the way, the title reads:

"Have you ever wondered why Muslim terrorists don't kidnap Russians"

It's not specific about kidnapping Russians only in Beirut. The article is incorrect. It really just demonstrates that targets are far and wide with the hope of bringing about communal division. The Russians are certainly not immune. They've had their own problems from the Chechen separatists, the St Petersburg bombing right down to having their arses handed to them in their failed Afghan invasion.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:28am

its interesting the usual suspects are not condemning this...

just condemning members who actually think the idea is totally disrespectful....

can you see Christians asking for a Safe Room in the Middle East to get their rage out against the establishment ??????.. all paid for by the State of course.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

yeah I can see that happening. Angry

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:32am

They already have safe rooms available, they're called jail cells

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:34am

cods wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:28am:
its interesting the usual suspects are not condemning this...

Condemning what?

It's not happening, cods.

Read the article.

Victoria’s Premier Daniel Andrews slammed the Council’s call as “wrong”, saying the places would be a “hate space”.

“There is no safe way to rail against the West,” he said. “It is wrong, it is not going to receive any state funding. I am very troubled, very troubled by the suggestion.

“We will be having a very close look at the Islamic Council of Victoria’s funding in a broader sense because I am very troubled, very troubled, by the suggestion that we might have a space where people could be radical as part of a deradicalisation program.”

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:36am

Fuzzball wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 10:42am:

ouch

Do you think I took the photograph
, I wouldn't be surprised if you did Jack?.......and last time I looked, Beirut was NOT in Iraq...........but if you think it is.............

no, but you did decide to use it.  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:53am

Muslims already have a place to preach Hate and terrorist training... they call them  Mosques

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:56am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:53am:
Muslims already have a place to preach Hate and terrorist training... they call them  Mosques

Why then, were the last two radicalised Muslims who went on a killing spree banished from their local Mosques?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 12:34pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:56am:

Why then, were the last two radicalised Muslims who went on a killing spree banished from their local Mosques?

I'm curious.

Probably wasn't banishment

more likely a passing out ceremony  Tongue

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 12:37pm

Gnads wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 12:34pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:56am:

I'm curious.

Probably wasn't banishment

more likely a passing out ceremony  Tongue

Nope.

Kicked out for good.

They didn't like the way they were talking, so they were booted out of their respective Mosques.

Kind of makes The Mechanic's statement look a bit silly, don't you think?

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #27 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:37pm

Mechanic, now you are talking. A lot goes down in Mosques a lot more than the teachings of Allah

There has been evidence of this occurring, gleaned from the background of some of the terrorists caught world wide in western countries

However could you see our authorities tapping in with surveillance on our Mosques?

Not bloody likely my friends, because our pollies have balls the size of chick peas

The young Muslims already have their safe rooms they are called Mosques...I agree with that concept aired here earlier 100%

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:39pm

red baron wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:37pm:
Mechanic, now you are talking. A lot goes down in Mosques a lot more than the teachings of Allah

There has been evidence of this occurring, gleaned from the background of some of the terrorists caught world wide in western countries

However could you see our authorities tapping in with surveillance on our Mosques?

Not bloody likely my friends, because our pollies have balls the size of chick peas

The young Muslims already have their safe rooms they are called Mosques...I agree with that concept aired here earlier 100%

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 2:18pm

red baron wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:37pm:

There you go yet again, blaming Politicians for the lack of effort by your Plod mates.  If there is sufficient evidence to justify it (and you are saying there is) Plod puts the taps on, yes?  They have been given the necessary powers by Politicians.  Use them.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print