Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Don't think like a Fundamenlist.... (Read 4416 times)
Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Re: Don't think like a Fundamenlist....
Reply #30 - May 28th, 2017 at 11:11pm

Quote:
And do you think that man has even read the Quran?

Do you know he hasn't.
Do you know if he attends a mosque or prayer room?
YOU KNOW NOTHING... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy [/quote]

I can't say for certain, but I highly doubt it. He would simply listen to what the preacher says.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - May 28th, 2017 at 11:13pm

Auggie wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 10:42pm:
Grendel wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 10:38pm:

How many of those do you think will grow up to hold those beliefs?

As many as those that belong in those families that support it now and perhaps more.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - May 28th, 2017 at 11:14pm

Auggie wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 11:11pm:
Quote:

Do you know he hasn't.
YOU KNOW NOTHING... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I can't say for certain, but I highly doubt it. He would simply listen to what the preacher says.
[/quote]
Yes and Imams etc are held to be good Muslims and should be obeyed.  How do you know he is not an Imam or self proclaimed Sheik?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #33 - May 28th, 2017 at 11:15pm

Grendel wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 11:13pm:
Auggie wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 10:42pm:
Grendel wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 10:38pm:

How many of those do you think will grow up to hold those beliefs?

As many as those that belong in those families that support it now and perhaps more.

Perhaps you're right. I also think that people should be judged on their actions, not on their beliefs. A young boy holding a sign is freedom of speech, whether you like or not; just as a Nazi holding a sign is also freedom of speech. I don't agree with it but I defend their right to say it.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #34 - May 28th, 2017 at 11:16pm

Quote:
Yes and Imams ect are held to be good Muslims and should be obeyed.

Where does the Quran say that? If the Quran is the 'Word of God' then why are Muslims obeying the Imams?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - May 28th, 2017 at 11:21pm

Auggie wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 11:16pm:
Quote:
Yes and Imams ect are held to be good Muslims and should be obeyed.

Where does the Quran say that? If the Quran is the 'Word of God' then why are Muslims obeying the Imams?

Imams are teachers/leaders don't ya know.
They teach Muslims about their religion.
Imam (/ɪˈmɑːm/; Arabic: إمام‎‎ imām, plural: أئمة aʼimmah; Persian: امام‎‎) is the name of an Islamic leadership position. It is most commonly used as the title of a worship leader of a mosque and Muslim community among Sunni Muslims.  The imam leads Islamic prayer and services, but may also take on a larger role in providing community support and spiritual advice.
If you are a Muslim you follow the Imam, he is your leader you cannot lead if you have no followers.
If you were a Catholic and wanted to learn about your religion you'd go to a Priest right.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - May 29th, 2017 at 11:21am

Auggie wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 11:11pm:
Quote:

Do you know he hasn't.
YOU KNOW NOTHING... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

[/quote]

We're on a role here. That is two Muslims so far whose views and knowledge of Islam Aug has completely fabricated. Waleed Aly and the beheading guy. Apparently only the good Muslims actually read the Koran. He knows this because he also read the Koran, but ignored most of it.

Aug, what did you think of chapter 9?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #37 - May 29th, 2017 at 4:54pm

Quote:
Imams are teachers/leaders don't ya know.
They teach Muslims about their religion.
Imam (/ɪˈmɑːm/; Arabic: إمام‎‎ imām, plural: أئمة aʼimmah; Persian: امام‎‎) is the name of an Islamic leadership position. It is most commonly used as the title of a worship leader of a mosque and Muslim community among Sunni Muslims.  The imam leads Islamic prayer and services, but may also take on a larger role in providing community support and spiritual advice.
If you are a Muslim you follow the Imam, he is your leader you cannot lead if you have no followers.
If you were a Catholic and wanted to learn about your religion you'd go to a Priest right.

I get what you're saying and in the case of Shite Islam, there is a greater focus on the Iman and his authority. In Sunni Islam, it is much more anarchic and lacking of authority.

Overall, however, if the Quran is the Word of God, then who is the authorized interpreter of the Quran in the Sunni tradition? The question is that no one is. Each person can interpret the Quran as he/she sees fit.

If you were Catholic, yes, you'd have to go to a priest. Isn't that why Martin Luther had an issue with the Catholic church and prescribed the doctrine of sola scriptura?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #38 - May 29th, 2017 at 4:57pm

freediver wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 11:21am:
beheading guy.

Regarding the 'beheading' guy, I find it highly unlikely that his even read the Quran, or that he understand Islamic history.

He would learn his Islam from the local preacher. I think that any person who seriously read the Quran and understood Islamic history would not take the view that he takes.

In terms of Waleed Aly, I'm sure he's read the Quran and has come up with his own interpretation of the text and its verses. Although I don't know if he's ever spoken about it publicly.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 29th, 2017 at 8:25pm

AugCaesarustus wrote Reply #34 - Yesterday at 11:16pm

Quote:

4:59. O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination.

4:83. When there comes to them some matter touching (public) safety or fear, they make it known (among the people), if only they had referred it to the Messenger or to those charged with authority among them, the proper investigators would have understood it from them (directly). Had it not been for the Grace and Mercy of Allah upon you, you would have followed Shaitan (Satan), save a few of you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print