Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
250 Shades of Black (Read 10562 times)
miketrees

Australian Politics

250 Shades of Black
May 28th, 2017 at 3:23pm

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/news-special-250-shades-of-black/

This bunch of people have to stop looking back if they want to go forward.

1967 Australia voted 90% for an inclusive society.

This bunch of clowns are advocating segregation

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: 250 Shades of Black
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2017 at 5:04pm

Yes, I have stated similar when we last had the Preamble debate under Howard.  I even wrote a better more sensible Preamble than he had written.

But in all honesty, you have to ask who the people are that are leading this thing.  People like Mansell, who have issues?

Eventually those of us that don't speak in colours and don't see others through racist eyes will have to catch up and join the rest of us that see ourselves as Australians.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2017 at 5:15pm

What you are missing, Mike is that the Indigenous peoples are better organised, better prepared than they have been previously.   They are putting their wishes forward in a sensible and coherent manner.  Compare that to previous times when they have been disjointed and disorganised.    While some would wish that they would just disappear and not have desires separate to the majority viewpoint, I believe they have a right to be heard and for their wishes to be acknowledged.   Some are more interested that we all march to the same drum beat, wear the same clothes and worship the same god than they are in true Multiculturalism.   Tsk. tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2017 at 5:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 5:15pm:
What you are missing, Mike is that the Indigenous peoples are better organised, better prepared than they have been previously.   They are putting their wishes forward in a sensible and coherent manner.  Compare that to previous times when they have been disjointed and disorganised.    While some would wish that they would just disappear and not have desires separate to the majority viewpoint, I believe they have a right to be heard and for their wishes to be acknowledged.   Some are more interested that we all march to the same drum beat, wear the same clothes and worship the same god than they are in true Multiculturalism.   Tsk. tsk.   Roll Eyes

LOL MULTICULTI Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Bwian give it a rest you bigot.
I'm happy for them to have had this get together...  I note you refused to comment on the outcome.  Wassup afraid?
Muticulturalism is a failure bwian...  it is divisive, creates disharmony and social isolation in societies...  gee...  who'd have thought you'd support that eh. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

miketrees

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2017 at 6:28pm

I blame the left and the Aboriginal separatists for the alienation of the younger generations of Aboriginals.

They are continually being told how bad Australia has treated them.
Its no wonder they end up with terrible attitudes, do crimes, take drugs and suicide.

Non stop indoctrination from the do gooders.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #5 - May 28th, 2017 at 7:15pm

miketrees wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 6:28pm:
I blame the left and the Aboriginal separatists for the alienation of the younger generations of Aboriginals.

Its no wonder they end up with terrible attitudes, do crimes, take drugs and suicide.

Always someone to blame, hey, Mike?

How about the idea that White Australians do treat Black Australians for the worse?   It does happen, it has happened.  The theft of Indigenous lands, children, the destruction of Indigenous culture, tribes, customs, families.   All known about and ignored by White Australians for the most part.   Time reparations were paid - not just in money but in kind as well, perhaps.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 28th, 2017 at 7:19pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 7:15pm:

How about the idea that White Australians do treat Black Australians for the worse?   It does happen, it has happened.  The theft of Indigenous lands, children, the destruction of Indigenous culture, tribes, customs, families.   All known about and ignored by White Australians for the most part.   Time reparations were paid - not just in money but in kind as well, perhaps.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Would you like the rights , ownership and responsibilities of the Australian land  to be in total control of the aboriginal people Brian??

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - May 28th, 2017 at 9:29pm

Mr Hammer wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 7:19pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 7:15pm:

Would you like the rights , ownership and responsibilities of the Australian land  to be in total control of the aboriginal people Brian??

Me?  Perhaps, if there were certain guarantees.  We have an existing land tenure system.   Native Title as it exists today is an attempt to fit into that land tenure system and appears to be working reasonably well, despite all the claims that the Right like to lie about it.   What we need is recognition that the land was owned previously by the Indigenous Australians, to acknowledge that it was taken from them by a Government which lied about it and continues to lie about it. 

What about you, Hammer?  Do you want to see the Indigenous Australian's prior ownership acknowledged?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 28th, 2017 at 9:43pm

If noone owns Australia, does that pertain to Aborigines  as well?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - May 28th, 2017 at 11:40pm

Careful, you are confusing bwian's bwain.
Just how many billions have we wasted on them over the years bwian.
How many more do you think we owe?
How about that comment on the outcomes eh...  you can keep ignoring me and the facts bwian, like the rude child you are but I'll accept the free-kicks and keep making you look stupid for as long as you like. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - May 28th, 2017 at 11:48pm

Mr Hammer wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 9:43pm:

Who claims no one "owns Australia", Hammer?

How about you answer my question, as I've answered yours, Hammer or do you just keep on asking questions all the time?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 29th, 2017 at 6:02am

How about you answer my question? If the Earth is 4.5 billion years old , and the aborigine has resided on the  continent for 40,000 years,, how is the aborigine more entitled to owning the land than anyone else? Is possessing something longer than someone else the determining factor in ownership?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 29th, 2017 at 6:05am

Brian Ross wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 11:48pm:

How about you answer my question, as I've answered yours, Hammer or do you just keep on asking questions all the time?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes
Brian- Me?  Perhaps, if there were certain guarantees.

That's not answering my question. That's pretty vague actually. If the aborigines own Australia will they be running it???

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - May 29th, 2017 at 10:39am

Brian Ross wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 11:48pm:

yet bwian for at least 2 centuries Aboriginals have stated that they don't OWN the land they belong to the land.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 29th, 2017 at 10:59am

Ownership is about what you can win and what you can defend. The aborigine had 40,000 years to fortify Australia. They failed, and as such were conquered by a stronger people. It's a sad fact of life, but a fact of life nonetheless.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print