Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Schapelle's coming home (Read 3613 times)
BlueBeard

Australian Politics

Re: Schapelle's coming home
Reply #45 - May 28th, 2017 at 11:42am

Quote:
29. Why did the Government of Queensland provide over $500,000 of taxpayer revenue for the production of a telemovie which was based upon a discredited and defamatory source, and which pointed fingers away from politicians and the AFP, and at a dead man instead (Schapelle Corby’s father)? When this contribution was found to have been misappropriated, in direct breach of the official terms of trade, why did the state government ignore demands for both an open and criminal investigation? Why did the Queensland Government refer public complaints about this to Michael Keelty’s CCC, when the CCC itself was a subject of the very same complaint? Why has the Federal Government refused to intervene in this affair?
[Ref: Misappropriation Report]
30. Why has the huge FOI catalogue of ministerial correspondence, official transcripts, and departmental cables, which incontrovertibly proves every word stated the above, been ignored by the establishment, including all elected politicians?
[Ref: The Expendable Project Dossier]

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #46 - May 28th, 2017 at 12:15pm

rhino wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 10:52am:
Bobby. wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 8:21am:
I still believe she was innocent.
I think her bags were switched by corrupt baggage handlers at
Sydney airport -
that evidence was not allowed to be considered at her trial.

That is a completely ridiculous theory. Anything rather than acknowlege the evidence eh? I find it extraordianry that so many will try to propogate the most absurd theories in order to prove Corbys innocence rather than rely on the actual overwhelming evidence itself which proves her guilt..

Bluebeard has answered your questions.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #47 - May 28th, 2017 at 4:14pm

rhino wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 10:50am:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 12:43am:
rhino wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 11:56pm:
Johnnie wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 5:06pm:
13yrs for a bit of dope, strewth ya get less for murder.
Schapelle will be hooking into a bong of the good stuff not long after she hits the tarmac in OZ, she is still pretty hot at forty too.
a few kilos as I remember, and she could have got the death sentence. She got off lightly.

A few kilos of something that would get people stoned. Tourists, mainly. And the government just wants to appear tough on crime for something that they have a problem with locally. Indonesians like to overcompensate.

They will gaol murderers for 5 years, and then execute them. Corby, whilst justly convicted, was on the receiving end of 20 years (reduced to 12) over something rather minor. She might as well have taken the firing squad, as her life is now over as far as motherhood, or having a normal life. But, then again, she still has her 40s to look forward towards.

Your stupidity knows no bounds.
There is no stoning in Indonesia, let alone stoning  for gang rape victims, and possession of kilos of marijuana is not considered a minor crime in Australia or Indonesia. And they werent "tough on crime" in sentencing Croby, they were actually lenient you idiot.You have now made a number of statements each of which has been wrong. Anything else you want to be wrong on? I think all that junk food is rotting your brain.

12 years in prison for smuggling marijuana is strict and heavy-handed sentencing no matter where you get caught. If I had the choice of 20 years in prison in Australia, or 12 years prison in Indonesia, I would lay in a gaol cell bed in Australia for 20 years. Had Corby imported 4kg of heroin, I would not be sympathetic.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #48 - May 28th, 2017 at 4:20pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 4:14pm:
... 12 years in prison for smuggling marijuana is strict and heavy-handed sentencing no matter where you get caught. If I had the choice of 20 years in prison in Australia, or 12 years prison in Indonesia, I would lay in a gaol cell bed in Australia for 20 years. Had Corby imported 4kg of heroin, I would not be sympathetic.

You would probably ask for more jail time. It's no different to your current existence except you wouldn't have bills to pay.

No rational person would choose 20 years over 12 years.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #49 - May 28th, 2017 at 4:30pm

Apart from the ravenous reptiles of the Press who gives a continental stuff about Schappelle Corby convicted drug smuggler slinking back home?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #50 - May 28th, 2017 at 4:31pm

red baron wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 4:30pm:
Apart from the ravenous reptiles of the Press who gives a continental stuff about Schappelle Corby convicted drug smuggler slinking back home?

You call that hysterical fanfare, in a blaze of publicity......'slinking?'

Shocked

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - May 28th, 2017 at 5:15pm

Bobby. wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 12:15pm:
Sydney airport -

That is a completely ridiculous theory. Anything rather than acknowlege the evidence eh? I find it extraordianry that so many will try to propogate the most absurd theories in order to prove Corbys innocence rather than rely on the actual overwhelming evidence itself which proves her guilt..

The Aussies have form here as well. Ask Chika Honda.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - May 28th, 2017 at 7:10pm

Sydney airport -

no he didnt, all he posted was a load of easily refutable nonsense.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - May 28th, 2017 at 7:14pm

Schapelle will be hooking into a bong of the good stuff not long after she hits the tarmac in OZ, she is still pretty hot at forty too.
a few kilos as I remember, and she could have got the death sentence. She got off lightly.

A few kilos of something that would get people stoned. Tourists, mainly. And the government just wants to appear tough on crime for something that they have a problem with locally. Indonesians like to overcompensate.

They will gaol murderers for 5 years, and then execute them. Corby, whilst justly convicted, was on the receiving end of 20 years (reduced to 12) over something rather minor. She might as well have taken the firing squad, as her life is now over as far as motherhood, or having a normal life. But, then again, she still has her 40s to look forward towards.

There is no stoning in Indonesia, let alone stoning  for gang rape victims, and possession of kilos of marijuana is not considered a minor crime in Australia or Indonesia. And they werent "tough on crime" in sentencing Croby, they were actually lenient you idiot.You have now made a number of statements each of which has been wrong. Anything else you want to be wrong on? I think all that junk food is rotting your brain.

12 years in prison for smuggling marijuana is strict and heavy-handed sentencing no matter where you get caught. .
you dont seem to be getting this, she could have got the death penalty in Indonesia, so based on this, 12 years is not strict and heavy handed, its lenient. Get the comaparison? Death or 12 years. Which one do you think is the most heavy handed? Have a think about it.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #54 - May 28th, 2017 at 9:19pm

rhino wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 7:10pm:
Sydney airport -

Bluebeard made 30 good points.

You have refuted none of them.

forgiven

namaste

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #55 - May 28th, 2017 at 10:13pm

Unforgiven wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 4:20pm:
... 12 years in prison for smuggling marijuana is strict and heavy-handed sentencing no matter where you get caught. If I had the choice of 20 years in prison in Australia, or 12 years prison in Indonesia, I would lay in a gaol cell bed in Australia for 20 years. Had Corby imported 4kg of heroin, I would not be sympathetic.

You would probably ask for more jail time. It's no different to your current existence except you wouldn't have bills to pay.

Yeah, and I probably would not be able to head to the cinema for entertainment, or do things that I can't do locked up, etc. The point being that a convicted person would choose being detained in Australian prisons for 20 years over 12 years in an Indonesian prison.

IP Logged

Dustwun
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Igloo
Reply #56 - May 28th, 2017 at 10:16pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
Unforgiven wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 4:20pm:

Yeah, and I probably would not be able to head to the cinema for entertainment, or do things that I can't do locked up, etc. The point being that a convicted person would choose being detained in Australian prisons for 20 years over 12 years in an Indonesian prison.

If you have money then Indo jail is the go.  Money can buy a private cell, you get all your foods delivered and occasional female company delivered to your cell.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - May 28th, 2017 at 10:20pm

Bobby. wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 9:19pm:
rhino wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 7:10pm:
Sydney airport -

Bluebeard made 30 good points.

You have refuted none of them.

forgiven

namaste

Rubbish, they were a series of questions with no answers or references given, wake up to yourself Booby.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - May 28th, 2017 at 10:22pm

It was reported that Suhartos son was seen skiing in Switzerland when he was supposed to be serving a sentence for murdering a judge.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #59 - May 28th, 2017 at 10:38pm

rhino wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 7:14pm:

12 years in prison for smuggling marijuana is strict and heavy-handed sentencing no matter where you get caught. .
you dont seem to be getting this, she could have got the death penalty in Indonesia, so based on this, 12 years is not strict and heavy handed, its lenient. Get the comaparison? Death or 12 years. Which one do you think is the most heavy handed? Have a think about it.

No... YOU are not understanding the point. The point being that convicted to 12 years in prison for smuggling in a drug that is widely available (though heavily punitive) in Indonesia is ridiculous. ANYWHERE.

And though I might have sounded sardonic about Corby's life being over due to her not being able to have children (though she still can), it certainly is over the top to do 12 years prison. Anything over 5 years gaol for what she did would seem excessive.

I am well aware that Corby could have gotten the firing squad. But it was her connection as an Australian with Australia that kept her alive. And I think that 4kg of marijuana is not serious enough to warrant the firing squad. Still, you would not want to face so many years in gaol over something that is not so harmful.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print