Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Sad (Read 10962 times)
mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: Sad
Reply #45 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:10am

Kittens are cute AG, but to many people, not so much when they get older. I know that you would keep them for life though and not abandon them. They are lucky.

Both cats have finally been picked up by the RSPCA - thank God. It's been an 8 week nightmare. I got attached to them and vice versa and I felt as though I had betrayed them.

I just pray that they find good homes, which is highly unlikely as approx. 200,000 cats plus are euthanised each year in Australia.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 2:54pm

mantra wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:10am:
Kittens are cute AG, but to many people, not so much when they get older. I know that you would keep them for life though and not abandon them. They are lucky.

Both cats have finally been picked up by the RSPCA - thank God. It's been an 8 week nightmare. I got attached to them and vice versa and I felt as though I had betrayed them.

I just pray that they find good homes, which is highly unlikely as approx. 200,000 cats plus are euthanised each year in Australia.

be positive mantra.. you did your best when no one else lifted a finger....have good thoughts they find perfect homes...

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #47 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 12:20pm

Yes - I did my best Cods, which unfortunately wasn't as good as it used to be.

I heard Jane Goodall say recently that if everyone did just a little bit extra in their own little area - the world would be a much better place.

It's too easy to walk past an unpleasant situation and pretend we didn't notice it.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 1:06pm

mantra wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 12:20pm:

I heard Jane Goodall say recently that if everyone did just a little bit extra in their own little area - the world would be a much better place.

It's too easy to walk past an unpleasant situation and pretend we didn't notice it.

I know think of that elderly couple who were not found until 3 weeks after they died...well she died   what a sad case.....they were only found then because a neighbour noticed they hadnt seen them in a while....

its the times we live in mantra....sadly a lot of thing that we once took for granted have now disappeared...we now have new suburbs in ACT that are animal free,,,, no pets allowed....

not sure if that a natural way for us to be heading or not....we seem to be getting more and more self centred   personally I wouldnt live in a burb with those rules....but its a small sign of whats ahead.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #49 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:31pm

mantra wrote on Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:10am:

Yes mantra- they are very cute and I make sure I get the animal that is right for me- if they are going to be for life- essential- dont feel guilty or bad- you did what you thought you had to - hopefully they will be lucky enough to find a good home-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #50 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:35pm

cods wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 1:06pm:
mantra wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 12:20pm:

I know think of that elderly couple who were not found until 3 weeks after they died...well she died   what a sad case.....they were only found then because a neighbour noticed they hadnt seen them in a while....

its the times we live in mantra....sadly a lot of thing that we once took for granted have now disappeared...we now have new suburbs in ACT that are animal free,,,, no pets allowed....

not sure if that a natural way for us to be heading or not....we seem to be getting more and more self centred   personally I wouldnt live in a burb with those rules....but its a small sign of whats ahead.

The time we live in right now is not a very good direction for mankind when it comes to pp and caring about each other- so many lonely isolated pp the world over- in every country- the internet have put us in touch with so many from so far away- but isolated us from each other right in our own neighbor hood- this to me is the saddest thing of all
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:35pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print