Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: Sad
Reply #30 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 2:37pm

mantra wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 10:30am:
Agnes wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
Well which ever way it went there was no happy ending for these kitties- life can be tough sometimes-and so it goes-

I dont know if I updated on my shelter cat but suffice to say she came to me with a nasty illness and I had to to send her back- I don't have a spare 2000 hanging around  and I had an arguement with the cat shelter woman who is obsessed and crazy  proving she is a crazy cat lady-when I wanted to return her- anyway found a couple of beautiful 14 week old  DSH sisters here locally and they are adorable  Kiss  -  I am sad the other one didnt work out and I dont know if the shelter woman knew before hand or not but all settled now regardless-

If the woman had had her wits about her she shouldn't have sold the cat. She should have been aware of how sick the cat was. That would have been a horrible experience to go through AG. When a sick or feral cat has to be put down - the only consolation though is that there are thousands more gentle and healthy animals out there looking for a good home.

So you have three cats now?

I have 3 yes and maybe  another coming up - but thinking that maybe one too many-I only have the 2 sisters because the owner didnt want to separate them and they were so attached to each other but my heart gets in the way most of the time and they are so cute- I really wanted the one so I could bond with it as an only cat- but my old girl who died didnt have a companion cat and I often wondered if she was lonely for company other than me-

The shelter cat was a street cat and was born into a line of immune deprived cats- her mother would have been a stray as well- she had a problem with the pads on the bottom of her paws and I looked it up online and it was a blood disease that would have cost anything from a simple course of antibiotics ( 300 min) or a blood cancer ( a LOT of money) - she was also extremely underweight from generations of mal-nourishment- but she was a beautiful girl and if there was a way I could have kept her I would have- I was looking at a lifetime of vet visits with this girl in a place that sees a vet at best once a month- and this is an untenable situation tbh

Cods a little kitty will come your way and you will melt- once a cat lover always a cat lover and sounds like your daughter will always have animals that you can love- what about baby sitting the lizard sometimes ?

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 2:47pm

Agnes wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 2:37pm:
mantra wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 10:30am:
Agnes wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
Well which ever way it went there was no happy ending for these kitties- life can be tough sometimes-and so it goes-

I dont know if I updated on my shelter cat but suffice to say she came to me with a nasty illness and I had to to send her back- I don't have a spare 2000 hanging around  and I had an arguement with the cat shelter woman who is obsessed and crazy  proving she is a crazy cat lady-when I wanted to return her- anyway found a couple of beautiful 14 week old  DSH sisters here locally and they are adorable  Kiss  -  I am sad the other one didnt work out and I dont know if the shelter woman knew before hand or not but all settled now regardless-

If the woman had had her wits about her she shouldn't have sold the cat. She should have been aware of how sick the cat was. That would have been a horrible experience to go through AG. When a sick or feral cat has to be put down - the only consolation though is that there are thousands more gentle and healthy animals out there looking for a good home.

So you have three cats now?

I have 3 yes and maybe  another coming up - but thinking that maybe one too many-I only have the 2 sisters because the owner didnt want to separate them and they were so attached to each other but my heart gets in the way most of the time and they are so cute- I really wanted the one so I could bond with it as an only cat- but my old girl who died didnt have a companion cat and I often wondered if she was lonely for company other than me-

The shelter cat was a street cat and was born into a line of immune deprived cats- her mother would have been a stray as well- she had a problem with the pads on the bottom of her paws and I looked it up online and it was a blood disease that would have cost anything from a simple course of antibiotics ( 300 min) or a blood cancer ( a LOT of money) - she was also extremely underweight from generations of mal-nourishment- but she was a beautiful girl and if there was a way I could have kept her I would have- I was looking at a lifetime of vet visits with this girl in a place that sees a vet at best once a month- and this is an untenable situation tbh

Cods a little kitty will come your way and you will melt- once a cat lover always a cat lover and sounds like your daughter will always have animals that you can love- what about baby sitting the lizard sometimes ?

it weird where I live we dont see stray animals...dogs always on leads.... no it doesnt mean everything gets picked up  but mostly...and I have lived here about 5 years now and never seen strays....I have in fact only seen one other cat which was a tom  but not for a fair while now....we already have a suburb  not near me.. a new one that is pet free......ye gods what next   red front door free I am sure..

for all those people who abandon pets   there are many more who dont.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #32 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 12:35pm

I haven't seen any stray dogs for years thankfully.

It has been 11 days since I reported these abandoned cats to the RSPCA and finally an inspector came out today. I had the cats ready to go, but he was more scared of picking them up than I was, so of course they escaped into their little hidey holes and he gave up and left me a trap to catch them. I can't do that. It has become so stressful that I'm giving up. I'm going to put a big sign in front of the house asking for cat food donations for these abandoned cats and I'll keep feeding them for the time being because that's easier than trying to get rid of them.

By the time the slack daughter of the deceased man gets around to doing something about the house - with a bit of luck it will be over-run with well fed cats. She can clean up the mess.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 2:12pm

maybe you should report it to the local council mantra...is there a chance of these cats breeding??>..doesnt seem the right attitude for an RSPCA person.. it is their job to catch wandering animals..

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #34 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 11:19am

cods wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 2:12pm:
maybe you should report it to the local council mantra...is there a chance of these cats breeding??>..doesnt seem the right attitude for an RSPCA person.. it is their job to catch wandering animals..

That's a very good idea Cods. Unfortunately the Council has privatised the pound and it only takes dogs now.

Years ago I would have handled this situation quickly and efficiently, but I just can't do it anymore. I also can't leave these animals to starve.

I knew I would have problems with the RSPCA that's why I left contacting them until last. All animal shelters can only handle animals being delivered to them and to do that you have to pick them up and shove them in a cage. People just don't want to pick up cats that they don't know.

This is causing a lot of stress as well as being very expensive and time consuming.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #35 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 3:43am

mantra wrote on Jul 4th, 2017 at 11:19am:
cods wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 2:12pm:

That's a very good idea Cods. Unfortunately the Council has privatised the pound and it only takes dogs now.

Years ago I would have handled this situation quickly and efficiently, but I just can't do it anymore. I also can't leave these animals to starve.

I knew I would have problems with the RSPCA that's why I left contacting them until last. All animal shelters can only handle animals being delivered to them and to do that you have to pick them up and shove them in a cage. People just don't want to pick up cats that they don't know.

This is causing a lot of stress as well as being very expensive and time consuming.

That is a bad attitude by the rspca- it is their job to come get the cats- dont understand it at all - good luck
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2017 at 3:56am by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 7:30am

It was about 15 years ago that someone working at the Animal Welfare League told me that the RSPCA had become only a shadow of its former self.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #37 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 12:35am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 7:30am:
It was about 15 years ago that someone working at the Animal Welfare League told me that the RSPCA had become only a shadow of its former self.

There are so few organisations that work for animal welfare/rights and that is very sad thing to read- animals rights concerns are almost non existent and I would be very happy for someone to prove me wrong

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #38 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 8:36am

Agnes wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 12:35am:
There are so few organisations that work for animal welfare/rights and that is very sad thing to read- animals rights concerns are almost non existent and I would be very happy for someone to prove me wrong

I suspected that years ago, but it's true. There are so few volunteers around and it's probably because it's too expensive for most people to get involved.

If our society doesn't give a stuff about neglected and abused kids - why would they give a damn about animals? It is all a pretense that people care.

Since I've been feeding these cats a group of children across the road have come to my attention. There are 7 of them - aged between 1 and 15. The mother left after the baby was born and there is a doped up father looking after all these desperate children. They are out on the street in this freezing weather at 7 am (when I feed the cats) in shorts, T-shirts and bare feet. They are always hungry and begging for attention.

Every time they see me or my daughter - 5 of the youngest - aged 4 to 13, come running up and surround us. They just want to be cuddled and talked to. They are small, thin and neglected, but basically sweet souls. How long will they stay that way? Their mother - a junkie - rarely visits them.

Aside from a kind Christian neighbour living nearby who buys them clothes nobody else cares. They are considered feral and the sad thing is these children know it.

Here I am whinging about abandoned animals when in this prosperous country - abandoned children are also ignored.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 4:27pm

mantra wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 8:36am:

I suspected that years ago, but it's true. There are so few volunteers around and it's probably because it's too expensive for most people to get involved.

If our society doesn't give a stuff about neglected and abused kids - why would they give a damn about animals? It is all a pretense that people care.

Since I've been feeding these cats a group of children across the road have come to my attention. There are 7 of them - aged between 1 and 15. The mother left after the baby was born and there is a doped up father looking after all these desperate children. They are out on the street in this freezing weather at 7 am (when I feed the cats) in shorts, T-shirts and bare feet. They are always hungry and begging for attention.

Every time they see me or my daughter - 5 of the youngest - aged 4 to 13, come running up and surround us. They just want to be cuddled and talked to. They are small, thin and neglected, but basically sweet souls. How long will they stay that way? Their mother - a junkie - rarely visits them.

Aside from a kind Christian neighbour living nearby who buys them clothes nobody else cares. They are considered feral and the sad thing is these children know it.

Here I am whinging about abandoned animals when in this prosperous country - abandoned children are also ignored.

mantra you must ring the local authorities   I will be honest with you I have never lived in a neighbourhood that has had neglected children.. sorry if that sound snobbish...not meant to be  just worked out that way.. I couldnt bare to see children freezing to death and hungry I couldnt stand it.. please ring someone there would be a number in the phone book...a baby for gods sakes..

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #40 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 6:41pm

I wish we could gradually get rid of all cats in Australia. Too many stray, go feral or semi feral, bogans don’t take the time and money to have their cats neutered etc.

Dogs may stray etc but not like cats.

It may also be better to just painlessly euthanise a lot of the stray cats, can’t save them all.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #41 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 7:08pm

mantra wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 8:36am:

And how- now this is place where there very neglected kids and they pick up and adopt stray and starving cats and dogs- I think they know how they feel to be neglected and unloved most of the time- kind of how pp become when they come from nothing they give everything away- I see them and hear them into the wee hours out there- in the cold or the heat- how do you do anything about it though- I have called the police sometimes I have become so worried- but the cycle never ends- how do you make pp care- ? I dont thing you can sadly-
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2017 at 7:14pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #42 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 10:02am

cods wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 4:27pm:
mantra you must ring the local authorities   I will be honest with you I have never lived in a neighbourhood that has had neglected children.. sorry if that sound snobbish...not meant to be  just worked out that way.. I couldnt bare to see children freezing to death and hungry I couldnt stand it.. please ring someone there would be a number in the phone book...a baby for gods sakes..

Cods - these children are neglected in many ways, but they don't fall into the category of abused or starving children even though they are always hungry. They go to school and they are fairly bright. You can't call the authorities because they are emotionally needy, thin and aren't dressed in warm clothes. They don't have a mother to care for them - only a depressed father who can barely cope. How many single parents could cope well with 7 young children?

To anyone living in comfort it is a horrible sight, but the children are very close and protective of each other. Calling the authorities would only ensure that the family was split up.

There would be thousands of Australian families living in these sort of circumstances.  I can recall my own childhood when kids like this were so commonplace that no-one thought twice about it.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #43 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:55am

I'm still feeding these abandoned cats in addition to buying extra fruit to give to these neglected children who I think must be spying on me.  As soon as I walk out of my back gate I'm surrounded by them.

When I walked up to feed the cats yesterday - I noticed a third cat sitting on the bench on the front verandah. It ran when it saw me. It looked very thin.

If this problem ever gets solved - there will probably be a dozen cats claiming this abandoned house as their own.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #44 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 2:49pm

mantra wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 9:55am:
I'm still feeding these abandoned cats in addition to buying extra fruit to give to these neglected children who I think must be spying on me.  As soon as I walk out of my back gate I'm surrounded by them.

When I walked up to feed the cats yesterday - I noticed a third cat sitting on the bench on the front verandah. It ran when it saw me. It looked very thin.

If this problem ever gets solved - there will probably be a dozen cats claiming this abandoned house as their own.

You will have friends for life Mantra and that isnt a bad thing- I have 2 teenage kittens (15 weeks) and they are a handful I can tell you- but very very cute-

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print