Sad (Read 10954 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: Sad
Reply #15 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:24pm

mantra wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 8:13am:
Thanks for the reassurance AG. There has been torrential rain here for the last 36 hours and that's a worry. I didn't want to snoop around the house, but I went around to the back of it yesterday to see if there was any shelter there and found an open garage containing a beautiful old turquoise car covered in towels. I used to see him in it years ago and wondered what happened to it. I threw some bedding from home onto the bonnet so hopefully the cats have been sheltering in there.

The daughter sent me up 8 boxes of Felix yesterday which is a help. The cats are getting attached to me which is going to make it worse when they eventually have to be dragged off the property. When I left this morning - the grey persian went outside the front yard and watched me go into my backyard. He's probably calculating where his next home is going to be.

If you feed them mantra then they see you as their new mother- so yes indeed that persian has already pegged out his new home- what a beautiful cat it must be- you are so soft- so loving  towards animals and you should never change- not enough of pp like you in this world-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #16 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 11:34am

I've turned this thread into a cat diary.

Agnes wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 9:24pm:
If you feed them mantra then they see you as their new mother- so yes indeed that persian has already pegged out his new home- what a beautiful cat it must be- you are so soft- so loving  towards animals and you should never change- not enough of pp like you in this world-

I only love certain animals AG, but I try to treat them all equally and humanely. As beautiful as this persian is - he's gone from a timid animal who doesn't trust humans to smooching against me too much and I don't want that. I'm a bit scared of cats because they're unpredictable. I used to trust them until a couple of stray cats attacked me.

I was stuck with one savage ginger cat for 18 months. Unfortunately the RSPCA had to euthanise him. I was attached to him even though he was so vicious and it was hard getting rid of him.

Ruffy is showing serious signs of insecurity. He's no doubt smelt their scent on me. I don't want to smell of cats either. 

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #17 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 12:34pm

Sorry Mantra the writing is on the wall- you are becoming a cat lady 

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #18 - Jun 10th, 2017 at 10:57am

Haha AG. I had never planned to become a cat lady. Cat ladies have lost the plot and are eccentric and obsessed. I'll admit to having lost the plot, but nothing else. Cats take up less than an hour a day out of my time and that's the way it's going to stay.

I'm going to make a move soon to have them taken to the RSPCA.  One of the cats - I'm fairly sure - has cancer on her nose and tongue and they will probably euthanise her unless the daughter allows it to be euthanised at a local vet. It would be less stressful. This lovely cat sits on the front step all day waiting for her master to come home.

The persian though doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it. I talked to a neighbour today who said her name was Sadie. She would be snatched up by any cat lover.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #19 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 11:04am

Cancer in cats can be a difficult one- but I dont see any other option for it- the RSPCA might at least diagnose her nose skin- but it will be put down- this has such a deeply sad back story mantra- so frustrated I am not there- but still you are doing a marvellous job with these cats- the owner would be so thankful if he knew and maybe he does - who knows?

An Australia wide desexing program needs to happen too keep cats under control- the breeding rate is very rapid-and too many starving cats trying to survive out there- illness and starvation abounds-  Sad

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #20 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 10:19am

Cats are treated shockingly AG. People get them as cute little kittens - then discard them like rubbish as they mature. Desexing cats should be a free service paid for by the government. This is the only way their numbers can be diminished. The destruction they cause to our native habitat is not their fault, but the fault of irresponsible and uncaring humans.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #21 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 7:29pm

mantra wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 10:19am:
Cats are treated shockingly AG. People get them as cute little kittens - then discard them like rubbish as they mature. Desexing cats should be a free service paid for by the government. This is the only way their numbers can be diminished. The destruction they cause to our native habitat is not their fault, but the fault of irresponsible and uncaring humans.

Many do the same with puppies as well- but how do you make pp care ?  Steriization made compulsory for all animals- and owners ( lol)  would see a huge improvement regards all animal control problems- so many suffering animals and it is not good enough-

Enjoy the lovely cool weather we are having Mantra- too see thick fog on cold winter mornings is so beautiful to me- doesnt take much to keep me happy -

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #22 - Jun 24th, 2017 at 9:54am

This story is almost at an end. Five weeks on and the daughter hasn't even bothered to register her father's death with the Public Trustee. They told me pets are part of a person's estate. The daughter stopped communicating with me more than 2 weeks ago, so I had to contact the RSPCA and tell them the circumstances.

They said it was a cruelty case and they will go to this man's house and catch them. When - I have no idea, but I don't want to witness it because the cats run and hide from strangers. I can imagine how terrified they will be. It is a non-urgent case because I'm feeding them, so hopefully the RSPCA will get time in their busy schedule to do it soon. The longer it's left - the harder it gets.

They will be contacting the daughter and asking for an explanation.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 9:34am

mantra wrote on Jun 24th, 2017 at 9:54am:
This story is almost at an end. Five weeks on and the daughter hasn't even bothered to register her father's death with the Public Trustee. They told me pets are part of a person's estate. The daughter stopped communicating with me more than 2 weeks ago, so I had to contact the RSPCA and tell them the circumstances.

They said it was a cruelty case and they will go to this man's house and catch them. When - I have no idea, but I don't want to witness it because the cats run and hide from strangers. I can imagine how terrified they will be. It is a non-urgent case because I'm feeding them, so hopefully the RSPCA will get time in their busy schedule to do it soon. The longer it's left - the harder it gets.

They will be contacting the daughter and asking for an explanation.

I didnt know animals were part of an estate  does that mean they really should be mentioned in a persons will?.....seems odd to me...people move and leave animals to fend for themselves....if a person dies   can we seriously expect someone else to take on the upkeep of the pets..what if its a horse?...I know its not a nice thing for a daughter to do  but maybe she doesnt like animals..and thinks someone else will take care of the,...

mantra they are staying where they are because you feed them....cats are very self sufficient and will look for a new home at the drop of a hat...unlike a dog  which doesnt seem to have the ability to feed its self...

taking on pets can be very expensive   it isnt for everyone.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #24 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 12:06pm

cods wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 9:34am:
I didnt know animals were part of an estate  does that mean they really should be mentioned in a persons will?.....seems odd to me...people move and leave animals to fend for themselves....if a person dies   can we seriously expect someone else to take on the upkeep of the pets..what if its a horse?...I know its not a nice thing for a daughter to do  but maybe she doesnt like animals..and thinks someone else will take care of the,...

Animals don't have to be mentioned in the Will Cods. They are included as property of the deceased, although someone has to bring it to the attention of the executor or trustee so they can be rehomed or euthanised.

Quote:
mantra they are staying where they are because you feed them....cats are very self sufficient and will look for a new home at the drop of a hat...unlike a dog  which doesnt seem to have the ability to feed its self...

It is easier walking up the road to feed them than bringing them home, but they're becoming more scared now. Too many people and animals are trespassing on the property.  I rang the RSPCA again today and told them the situation was getting worse, but they couldn't tell me when they could do it. The house is being ransacked at night by a couple of feral families in the street because it's been vacant for so long.

Quote:

Yes it is expensive. I started off feeding these cats on plenty of good food thinking they weren't going to be there long and now we're into the sixth week. If I see a probate notice - I might be tempted to put in a claim.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 1:41pm

mantra wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 12:06pm:
cods wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 9:34am:

Animals don't have to be mentioned in the Will Cods. They are included as property of the deceased, although someone has to bring it to the attention of the executor or trustee so they can be rehomed or euthanised.

Quote:

It is easier walking up the road to feed them than bringing them home, but they're becoming more scared now. Too many people and animals are trespassing on the property.  I rang the RSPCA again today and told them the situation was getting worse, but they couldn't tell me when they could do it. The house is being ransacked at night by a couple of feral families in the street because it's been vacant for so long.

Quote:

Yes it is expensive. I started off feeding these cats on plenty of good food thinking they weren't going to be there long and now we're into the sixth week. If I see a probate notice - I might be tempted to put in a claim.

well give yourself a pat on the back   not everyone does that....I hope the RSPCA comes soon and then you can relax...

I hjave two cats  one is showing signs of aging...so I am thinking I will outlive her....but the other is about 5 years younger...so may need to have a word with daughter as they have two dogs...and so does my son  although he has cats as well but they have been there since birth....and no I dont think they want any more  lol...I couldnt ask anyone to put her down  I think thats a terrible thing to have to do....

my plan is no more animals after these two depart  I do love them but when its time to let go I need to be sensible.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #26 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 10:09pm

Well which ever way it went there was no happy ending for these kitties- life can be tough sometimes-and so it goes-

I dont know if I updated on my shelter cat but suffice to say she came to me with a nasty illness and I had to to send her back- I don't have a spare 2000 hanging around  and I had an arguement with the cat shelter woman who is obsessed and crazy  proving she is a crazy cat lady-when I wanted to return her- anyway found a couple of beautiful 14 week old  DSH sisters here locally and they are adorable  Kiss  -  I am sad the other one didnt work out and I dont know if the shelter woman knew before hand or not but all settled now regardless-

Cods you could become a cat carer if you dont want to get anymore pets after your two have gone- very rewarding to be involved in this work

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 11:12pm

Agnes wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
Well which ever way it went there was no happy ending for these kitties- life can be tough sometimes-and so it goes-

I dont know if I updated on my shelter cat but suffice to say she came to me with a nasty illness and I had to to send her back- I don't have a spare 2000 hanging around  and I had an arguement with the cat shelter woman who is obsessed and crazy  proving she is a crazy cat lady-when I wanted to return her- anyway found a couple of beautiful 14 week old  DSH sisters here locally and they are adorable  Kiss  -  I am sad the other one didnt work out and I dont know if the shelter woman knew before hand or not but all settled now regardless-

Cods you could become a cat carer if you dont want to get anymore pets after your two have gone- very rewarding to be involved in this work

thanks agnes   but I might get attached  i am a sook like that...my granddaughter is a cat person and always coming home with astray cat...last one a beautiful thing gets pregnant before they could get her to the vet...she was only a kitten as well.. anyway she has 4 beautiful babies  they managed to give two away  but the other people let them down....so they ended up keeping them...as they had been together so long they could bare to separate them..they now have 5 cats and two big dogs...plus large lizard in the back yard who come in in winter in a large fish tank...... the big dog a ridgeback sleeps on the lounge every chance he gets....

and if you get him off so you can sit down   he finds a way to get between you ....its hilarious...all in a little

govy house...if they had found out a few weeks earlier they would be stuck with the kittens you can bet I would have been given one...my big ginger cat is one of theirs.....

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #28 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 10:30am

Agnes wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 10:09pm:

If the woman had had her wits about her she shouldn't have sold the cat. She should have been aware of how sick the cat was. That would have been a horrible experience to go through AG. When a sick or feral cat has to be put down - the only consolation though is that there are thousands more gentle and healthy animals out there looking for a good home.

So you have three cats now?

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #29 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 10:38am

cods wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 11:12pm:
thanks agnes   but I might get attached  i am a sook like that...my granddaughter is a cat person and always coming home with astray cat...last one a beautiful thing gets pregnant before they could get her to the vet...she was only a kitten as well.. anyway she has 4 beautiful babies  they managed to give two away  but the other people let them down....so they ended up keeping them...as they had been together so long they could bare to separate them..they now have 5 cats and two big dogs...plus large lizard in the back yard who come in in winter in a large fish tank...... the big dog a ridgeback sleeps on the lounge every chance he gets....

and if you get him off so you can sit down   he finds a way to get between you ....its hilarious...all in a little

govy house...if they had found out a few weeks earlier they would be stuck with the kittens you can bet I would have been given one...my big ginger cat is one of theirs.....

It's easy to get attached Cods. I've had to see too many unwanted or sick animals through to the end and most of the time there's not a happy ending.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print