Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Can Pauline survive ? (Read 5324 times)
juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Can Pauline survive ?
May 26th, 2017 at 8:34am

They are ganging up on Pauline because she puts the wind up them especially the Qld Govt.

But can Pauline overcome ?

By the holy flying cane toads this is SERIOUS!!!!!

Pauline Hanson's One Nation careering from controversy to oblivion
By AAP 12:22am May 26, 2017

Pauline Hanson has been forced to defend One Nation as at least five agencies and several ministers weigh up allegations against her party.

The Australian Federal Police, Queensland police, Australian Electoral Commission, Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission, Attorney-General George Brandis, Justice Minister Michael Keenan, Special Minister of State Scott Ryan and the Electoral Commission of Queensland are all examining allegations against One Nation.

Labor shadow attorney-general Mark Dreyfus summed up the situation in a question to the prime minister in parliament this week.

Read the full story here

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/05/25/11/08/hanson-weathers-the-one-nation...

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: Can Pauline survive ?
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2017 at 8:42am

ON is imploding. As usual. Self inflicted, as usual.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2017 at 8:48am

Juliar sad that idol is going down?  Worried about coalition hounding her?

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #3 - May 26th, 2017 at 9:30am

Don't worry, juLiar is used to backing LOSERS. He will get over it. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - May 26th, 2017 at 10:54am

Not unless she loses the idea that Liberal policy is her own, and gets back to genuine grass roots instead of this elitist nonsense like saying that HECS people should start repaying when they make $450 a week pre-tax.

She needs to stop listening to the latest good-sounding voice that gets in her ear, and start formulating a solid and reliable platform that does not waver all the time to suit the prevailing wind...

Once you come out and tell everyone you are on the side of the little people - you have to remain there and not prevaricate with every passing thought bubble that comes along, wrapped up for you by some slick salesman in a suit.  The Liberals must be laughing all the time knowing they only need to go chat with her and explain the wonders of their policy idea and the benefit for Australia, and she's theirs.

BPD perhaps?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #5 - May 26th, 2017 at 10:58am

Unfortunately Pauline's marbles are rolling back to the Chip Shop.........and her 'please explain' attitude will be the political demise of her........

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - May 26th, 2017 at 11:12am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 10:54am:
Not unless she loses the idea that Liberal policy is her own, and gets back to genuine grass roots instead of this elitist nonsense like saying that HECS people should start repaying when they make $450 a week pre-tax.

She needs to stop listening to the latest good-sounding voice that gets in her ear, and start formulating a solid and reliable platform that does not waver all the time to suit the prevailing wind...

Once you come out and tell everyone you are on the side of the little people - you have to remain there and not prevaricate with every passing thought bubble that comes along, wrapped up for you by some slick salesman in a suit.  The Liberals must be laughing all the time knowing they only need to go chat with her and explain the wonders of their policy idea and the benefit for Australia, and she's theirs.

BPD perhaps?

You would reckon she learned from the days of being imprisoned as a result of not so well defined issues of governance within the Party.  She clearly has not.  Yet again, she is being attacked for pretty much the same thing...the PHON Constitution, its very core document, being in apparent breach of AEC Rules through to conspiracies to game the system (something she wants welfare recipients deported for) and including a dodgy arrangement about the plane which seems to be yet another attempt to game AEC's donation reporting requirements.

The common factor in all this and the past is Perilous Pauline, AND creepy, flawed advisers who all seem to believe they are gifted in how to cut corners without anyone noticing, when in reality, their 'plans' are so naive and rudimentary, a schoolkid could dream them up.  Another common factor between the past and now, is the internal implosions.  Look at the Pasquali (sp) fiasco, the two Davids, the WA ditching of loyal supporters, the disgruntled candidates and former employees who are all coming out of the wood work to leak on PHON, PP and that idiot Ashby.

She must ditch him, but I fear she will not because she knows that what he knows will bring her down and he will not hesitate to use whatever he has.

In short, she delivers herself up into the hands of charlatans whose chicanery will always be exposed, bringing with it significant loss of political capital, and perhaps the loss of a golden opportunity to seriously disrupt the duopoly of the major parties.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #7 - May 26th, 2017 at 11:24am

Neither of the parties want her around , she will be gone by end of year and follow in pups footsteps , never to be heard from again , another rwnj fail

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 26th, 2017 at 11:32am

The acid test for Pauline will be the Qld state election where she is a folk hero.

In WA she effectively controls WA thru her WA Senate seats.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - May 26th, 2017 at 11:39am

Quote:
The acid test for Pauline will be the Qld state election where she is a folk hero.

She ain't no folk hero up here at all.  She is cunning enough to associate herself with disaffected groups (like the Taxi Industry) offer them support, and have them line up behind her.

She has zero chance of winning Government, but she does have a chance to hold the balance of power....if she can bring to an end all this unravelling.

I reckon Palaszczuk is leaving the election for as long as possible for two reasons....(a) allow time for the new electorates to be established and in place, and (b) allow time for PHON to further implode.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 26th, 2017 at 11:47am

Even ASIO is scared stiff of Pauline on one side and scared stiff of Triggsy on the other side.

'Absolutely no evidence': ASIO boss shuts down Hanson over refugee terror links
Michael Koziol Political Insider MAY 26 2017 - 10:47AM

The head of Australia's top spy agency has rebuffed One Nation leader Pauline Hanson over her fears that refugees were contributing to terrorism.

Watch One Nation leader Pauline Hanson get shut down by the head of ASIO over her questions about Islam, Muslims and terrorism.
VIDEO: Hanson shut down

Despite the growing threat of Islamist extremism, Australian Security Intelligence Organisation boss Duncan Lewis indicated there was no evidence to substantiate several of the minor party leader's claims.

Senator Hanson asked the ASIO director-general whether he believed the terrorist threat was "being brought in" courtesy of Middle Eastern refugees.

"I have absolutely no evidence to suggest there's a connection between refugees and terrorism," Mr Lewis replied.

There was also "no evidence" to suggest children born to refugees in Australia were more likely to convert to radical Islam, Mr Lewis said.

He indicated to Senator Hanson that ASIO did not have security concerns about Muslim women wearing the full burqa.

"We've made it plain on a number of occasions, senator, that we have no security reason to be concerned about the wearing of a burqa - other than the requirement for individuals to identify themselves to authorities, and there are regulations in place for that," Mr Lewis said.

Pauline Hanson's line of inquiry was met by resistance from ASIO boss Duncan Lewis. Photo: Andrew Meares

Senator Hanson began the late-night Senate estimates hearing exchange by asking the ASIO chief whether all the perpetrators of four terrorist attacks, and 12 thwarted attacks, in Australia since 2014 were Muslim.

Mr Lewis indicated one of the 12 foiled attacks "involved a right-wing extremist". "So the answer is no, they have not all been carried out by Muslims," he said.

"But I've got to stress, senator – this is very important – ASIO does not make its inquiries or its assessments on the basis of somebody's religion.

"We are only interested in people who are exhibiting or offering violence, and to the extent that there is violent extremism – which is very frequently inspired by a warped version of Sunni Islam – that's when our interests are invoked."

The One Nation leader has been a strident critic of Islam and has called for a ban on Muslim people immigrating to Australia - a position rejected by one of her own party colleagues this week.

Moments before her interrogation of Mr Lewis on Thursday night, Senator Hanson posted to Facebook: "Remember, there is only one religion across the globe blowing children up and cutting off infidels heads [sic]. That's Islam."

Fairfax Media has asked Senator Hanson whether Mr Lewis' testimony had altered her views, but has not yet received a response.

Mr Lewis made clear the overall security environment was "worsening", and said ASIO was dealing with an "unprecedented caseload" in both volume and gravity.

The threat to Australia would persist despite the weakening of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, he said.

"We assess that well beyond the physical existence of this so-called caliphate, the threat of terrorism and the threat of a terrorist attack against Australians and Australian interests will continue," Mr Lewis said.

"So this is not the end, it's not the beginning of the end, it's more like the end of the beginning. We don't see this finishing any time soon."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/absolutely-no-evidence-asi...

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 26th, 2017 at 12:06pm

Wonder where Pauline stands on ADANI the employment and growth solution for Nth Qld ?

She's right behind it subject to a few clarifications and Rockhampton adores her as a folk hero.

Standing ovation for Pauline Hanson in Rockhampton
Amber Hooker | 16th Sep 2016 9:16 PM Updated: 17th Sep 2016 8:37 AM

.... Amber Hooker

A STANDING ovation greeted controversial One Nation senator Pauline Hanson last night as she took her place among a 200-plus crowd of some her strongest Rockhampton supporters.

The reception was reminiscent of the response to Ms Hanson's maiden speech the Senate on Wednesday night, which featured strongly in her address at Rockhampton Showgrounds' Robert Schwarten Pavilion.

Unwavering over her claims Australia was at risk of being "swamped by Muslims", and that family law needed an overhaul as women's "frivolous claims" would mean we "continue to see murders out of sheer frustration", Ms Hanson said she would stand by her statements which were "based on facts".

Pauline Hanson receives a standing ovation as she prepares to address a crowd at a rally last night.Photo Chloe Lyons / The Morning Bulletin Amber Hooker

The rally and Pauline's presence in Central Queensland was at the invite of vocal Rockhampton businessman Dominic Doblo, who said his key concerns were immigration and jobs in the region.

Touted as the LNP's number-one supporter throughout the Federal Election campaign only months ago, Mr Doblo denounced his backing and stated, "bugger the LNP, they don't want to do nothing... next election her (Pauline's) party will hold the balance of power" before passing the microphone to Ms Hanson.

After sharing her two-decade-long desire to land her Senate seat, Ms Hanson did go on to sprook her plans for Rockhampton and greater Central Queensland.

Her vision for Australia to become a "food bowl" filtered locally to a vision that rural areas be able to drought-proof themselves by building major water infrastructure.

"I want a strong united society, a country," Ms Hanson said.

"I want us to be the food bowl of the world, that we grow the food, they come to us and they buy it.

"Here you are the Beef Capital of the world, but at present, because of the droughts, the farmers have had to sell their prime stock; what we need here to is to drought-proof ourselves, that's what we need.

"We need dams, we need water, we need to be able to provide the water to the farming sector. Why won't they build the dams, why wont they build the infrastructure?"

Ms Hanson went on to claim the Federal Government had privatized water following the 1992 Earth Summit.

During her speech she made a point to denounce "international control" of food, products and water, but Ms Hanson threw her support behind the proposed Carmichael Adani Mine which she believes "should go ahead".

Though, her concerns reigned back to water usage while sharing her disbelief that the mine, rail and port would have an impact on the Great Barrier Reef from climate change and ocean acidification.

"When they say it (the mine) shouldn't go ahead because of the impact it will have on the Great Barrier Reef, I find that hard to believe," Ms Hanson said.

PACKED: Hundreds turned out to a Pauline Hanson rally in Rockhampton last night. Amber Hooker

"I believe I will be looking at that further and where they make that statement, but I spoke to (Deputy Prime Minister) Barnaby Joyce about it because I've got concern about the water that they will use, and it is a very good point - because if farmers cant get water that they need - you think to yourself why should we allow the Adani mine to go ahead and utilise the water?"

With job creation featuring strongly in the crowd's concerns, Ms Hanson said she had seen regional areas become "ghost towns", with people chasing jobs in city centers.

Her solution was a centralization of Government jobs to rural areas, and to back another contensious development.

"I have been pushing for Great Keppel Island resort to go ahead... it will create 1500 jobs, and I believe that's what the region needs, it needs tourism in this area," she said to a roar of applause."

https://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/one-nation-senator-addresses-rockhamp...

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #12 - May 26th, 2017 at 3:02pm

So she's playing the race card and promising to fix everything yet she has no actual plan on how to do so.  If Americans are stupid enough to fall for that I don't see why my fellow QLDers to the north can resist, especially the fear mongering around muslims.

If she fails in North Queensland she's not go a hope on a national scale, especially from those who will take into account what stances she's taken and who she has supported since getting back in the Senate, not just the pie in the sky claims she keeps making.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - May 26th, 2017 at 3:12pm

SadKangaroo wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 3:02pm:
So she's playing the race card and promising to fix everything yet she has no actual plan on how to do so.  If Americans are stupid enough to fall for that I don't see why my fellow QLDers to the north can resist, especially the fear mongering around muslims.

If she fails in North Queensland she's not go a hope on a national scale, especially from those who will take into account what stances she's taken and who she has supported since getting back in the Senate, not just the pie in the sky claims she keeps making.

I don't know enough about North Queensland politics, but PHON will have a fair chance in Bundaberg and perhaps one or two seats on the Sunshine Coast.  Jarrod Bleijie (LNP) stinks in Kawana, and Mark McArdle (LNP) could not care less any more.  I doubt Steve Dickson (former LNP and now the only PHON) will retain Buderim which will go back to the Libs.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #14 - May 26th, 2017 at 3:31pm

SadKangaroo wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 3:02pm:

The UK's PM has released the army onto the streets of Britain.

The Australian budget for funding our various security agencies and for housing our Muslim terrorists in prisons is astronomical.

We're told by our national leaders down there in Canberra that it's intelligent to fear going to the sort of venues and occasions where a Muslim might set off a bomb.

We have hundreds of young men and women from our Muslim Community who rallied to the cause of actively supporting fundamentalist Islam in Iraq and Syria.

But then a sad sack like you thinks it's appropriate to sheet home the blame to Pauline Hanson for the public believing that if a bomb goes off among us it'll probably be the handiwork of someone from our Muslim Community.i

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print