Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
well now for some good news.. (Read 112 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

well now for some good news..
May 26th, 2017 at 8:14am

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/35637649/manchester-bombing-billionaire-pays-homeles...

A homeless man who helped victims following Monday's horrific attack in Manchester has been offered free accommodation from a British billionaire and his son.

According to The Sun, rent will be paid for six months for Stephen Jones by West Ham co-owner David Sullivan and his son David Sullivan Jr.

Mr Jones' actions on Monday came into the public eye after he revealed the hysteria he saw after the horrific incident and spoke out about what he did to help wounded children, which caught the attention of the billionaire.

"We were having to pull nails and bits of glass out of their arms and faces," Mr Jones told ITV News earlier this week.

The explosion at the packed Ariana Grande concert on Monday night woke Mr Jones.

I then realised what was happening and saw children coming out, screaming and covered in blood," he said.

"Just because I'm homeless doesn't mean I don't have a heart."

He also added: "It had to be done, you had to help, if I didn't help, I wouldn't be able to live with myself for walking away and leaving kids like that."

David Sullivan Jr. reached out to his followers on Twitter, in an attempt to get in touch with Mr Jones.

He tweeted: "Me and dad want to rent the homeless man in Manchester a house for 6 months to help him get on his feet."

"If anyone can help us get in touch much much appreciated. Such a self less act needs rewarding. Please tag anyone who can help us."

The plea for help to find Mr Jones was successful with David Sullivan Jr. tweeting again.

He said, "WE HAVE FOUND STEVE! Shows the power for good social media has. Thank you to all those involved, you have helped change a man's life.”

David Sullivan Jr tweeted once they had tracked Mr Jones down. Source: @DaveSulley/ Twitter

Mr Jones' compassion had already been recognised by the community, and a crowdfunding page which aimed to help him find somewhere to live has raised more than $48,000 AUD.

well I thought we needed some good wholesome nice news for a change.. Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print