Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print
High time to Change the way we handle Terrorism (Read 10032 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: High time to Change the way we handle Terrorism
Reply #90 - May 29th, 2017 at 1:44pm

red baron wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 1:41pm:
How many times do I have to say this, 'people who have been intercepted or surveilled as having contact with known terrorists organisations or individuals should be immediately arrested, gaoled and then thoroughly investigated as to whether they pose a clear and present danger to  the County.."

Don't you have to have an appropriate level of suspicion before phone tapping is allowed?

And .... your proposition is absurd for the reasons I have already outlined.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #91 - May 29th, 2017 at 1:55pm

Yes Aussie in NSW you have to provide evidence to a Federal Court Judge that sufficient evidence cannot be obtained by conventional Policing means in order to get a Warrant for a Phone tap on the target

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #92 - May 29th, 2017 at 1:56pm

red baron wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 1:55pm:
Yes Aussie in NSW you have to provide evidence to a Federal Court Judge that sufficient evidence cannot be obtained by conventional Policing means in order to get a Warrant for a Phone tap on the target

They need to be rounded up and water boarded to get the truth out of them.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #93 - May 29th, 2017 at 1:58pm

Sufficient evidence to do what?

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #94 - May 29th, 2017 at 2:01pm

We only have to get it wrong once, there are too many if them out there to surveil which is an enormous task. If you stick them in gaol and then investigate their links, it becomes a whole new ball game and much easier for investigators to provide a safe Country for our citizens

I again stress, only those with known links to terrorist cells would be arrested

And background information could be provided to a Federal Court Judge to make it happen

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #95 - May 29th, 2017 at 2:07pm

red baron wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 2:01pm:
We only have to get it wrong once, there are too many if them out there to surveil which is an enormous task. If you stick them in gaol and then investigate their links, it becomes a whole new ball game and much easier for investigators to provide a safe Country for our citizens

I again stress, only those with known links to terrorist cells would be arrested

And background information could be provided to a Federal Court Judge to make it happen

Sort of like the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem witch Trials, and Star Chambers etc, that sort of back to the future stuff.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - May 29th, 2017 at 4:13pm

Bobby. wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 1:56pm:

You and your water sports, Booby    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - May 29th, 2017 at 5:10pm

red baron wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 2:01pm:

Calm down.

"More Australians have died at the hands of police (lawfully or unlawfully) in ten years (50 at least from 2006 to 2015) or from domestic violence in just two years (more than 318 in 2014 and 2015) than from terrorist attacks in Australia in the last 20 years."

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #98 - May 29th, 2017 at 5:32pm

Aussie wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 1:44pm:
red baron wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 1:41pm:
How many times do I have to say this, 'people who have been intercepted or surveilled as having contact with known terrorists organisations or individuals should be immediately arrested, gaoled and then thoroughly investigated as to whether they pose a clear and present danger to  the County.."

Don't you have to have an appropriate level of suspicion before phone tapping is allowed?

And .... your proposition is absurd for the reasons I have already outlined.

If they are a muzzo......they are automatically terrorists, potential terrorists, sympathisers, sycophants and mentally retarded.

This alone precludes them from ever gaining entry.

Send them all to a muzzo country and be done with the lot of them.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #99 - May 30th, 2017 at 9:40am

Have a calm me down tab Aussie

You are now the one being absurd..Salem Witch trials Give Me A Break!!!!

Everything that I have said makes pure sense, perhaps it is because it is so simple and capable of preventing a tragedy in our midst, that the conformers are too scared to change position

But I can tell you that once a terrorist act that murders many citizens occurs and under the current format it is only a matter of time..it will, the balloon will go up

Why is it that a tragedy has to occur in order for a seismic change in the way things are done when it comes to a Country's  Security?

What is so shocking about the prospect of a Federal Court Judge being given evidence that a target is communicating with known terrorists. Then that Judge issued an arrest warrant against the target

The Police arrest the target and he/she is placed in custody whilst a thorough and timely investigation is carried out to determine if that person is a risk to the Country's citizens?

Of course it won't happen but just watch the sh.t fly when the event we all fear happens, they will be ducking for cover and screaming "why  weren't preventative measures more strong?"

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #100 - May 30th, 2017 at 9:55am

Redmond Neck wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 8:18am:
Yes we need to create big secret gulags out in the desert and move them and all their families into them before mass deportation.

We need a Stalin in charge!

Here's a message to you from ...

Harry Richardson

"The most exciting development for me, was when my friend Dave called me a “Wanker” on facebook and I knew that he wasn’t joking. That might not sound very exciting, but to me it was a real breakthrough.

Dave is the first person I began trying to convince about Islam. It was Dave’s steadfast refusal to believe what I was saying that led to me writing my book. For more than a decade I have been trying to convince him. Some people have asked why I bothered.

“It’s a lost cause” they told me, but Dave is like a case study to me. I try out different tactics on Dave and see if I can get a reaction. I know that if I can convince Dave, I can convince anyone. For over a decade I have had no success whatsoever.

Dave is a good guy at heart but a stubborn SOAB with an ego to match. Like many Lefties he has been in love with Islam and thought that Islam would love him back. Good luck with that one Dave!

Dave is just a useful idiot to these people but love is blind. In Dave’s case, it is deaf, dumb and stupid as well".

"Is it just me, or are people on Facebook getting really riled up about this? They keep supporting Islam and Islam is just not loving them back.

Once the Left reaches the realisation that they have been duped, I think they will surprise us. Hell hath no fury like a Justice Warrior spurned".

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #101 - May 30th, 2017 at 9:58am

cods wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 8:29am:
well it could be worse.

someone will come along and mention "ovens" soon.. Sad Sad..

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #102 - May 30th, 2017 at 10:08am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 8:58am:
So essentially lock innocents up before being guilty.

I can see the appeal, but my feeling is that by breaking our own standards of right and wrong and fair, the terrorists win.

Our own justifiable 'standards of right and wrong and fair' was demonstrated by internment camps during the war.

We need those now for a new suspected enemy.

23% of young Japanese-Americans who were interned during the war years later admitted in interviews that they would most likely have helped the Japanese war effort if they had been approached to do so.

A very sizable number of Italians interned in Australia during the war were sympathetic to Mussolini and his fascist regime.

My own aging Italian landlord way back then was proud of his 'Blackshirt' youth in Italy.

Quote:
The Milizia Volontaria per la Sicurezza Nazionale, commonly called the Blackshirts or squadristi, was originally the paramilitary wing of the National Fascist Party and, after 1923, an all-volunteer militia of the Kingdom of Italy.

« Last Edit: May 30th, 2017 at 10:14am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #103 - May 30th, 2017 at 10:27am

Bobby. wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 1:56pm:

Grin

No need.

'Deportation on Suspicion' is all that is needed. It's no big deal. NSW government minister Eddie Obeid had for years been sending money back to Lebanon for the construction of a palatial retirement home. It's all the same to them. There aren't any of them who are more Australian than they are Lebanese, despite what they'll tell you. Same with the Greeks and Italians. It doesn't matter how many generations they are as immigrants - they can speak and read Arabic, and they consider themselves to be members of 'their' community rather than belonging to the hated Anglo-mainstream.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #104 - May 30th, 2017 at 11:05am

Britain's Prevention of Terrorism Act afforded the opportunity for a court order to be issued to prevent a person of (some) interest associating with or contacting a known terrorist or even one strongly suspected of terrorist activity or planning.

Like the DV 'laws' here - a breach lead to sanctions.

Of course like all such laws - it got out of control and you saw such things as Jerry Conlon's aunt imprisoned for association with a 'terrorist' who turned out to be no such thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Conlon

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print