Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
High time to Change the way we handle Terrorism (Read 9955 times)
crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: High time to Change the way we handle Terrorism
Reply #15 - May 26th, 2017 at 2:15pm

red baron wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
Napolean I introduced a system of justice in France in 1800AD that has spread throughout continental Europe and beyond. It is described as an inquisitorial or investigative system rather than an adversarial system, though prosecutors, defendants and victims are all entitled to representation.
http://www.unjustjustice.org.au/the-solu...

The "Napoleonic Code," which continues in France and other countries conquered by France, hold that the accused is guilty until proven innocent (thus, the point of Victor Hugo's Les Miserables). This was a re-working of previous monarchical attitudes toward law enforcement (and as Napoleon was emperor, one isn't surprised.)

Suspects in the American judicial system have a presumption of innocence, or being innocent until proven guilty. Other countries, such as France, maintain protections of a suspect and ensure a fair trail but use a presumption of guilt until proven innocent.

Gee, that'd be a long list.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #16 - May 26th, 2017 at 5:32pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 8:58am:
So essentially lock innocents up before being guilty.

I can see the appeal, but my feeling is that by breaking our own standards of right and wrong and fair, the terrorists win.

There are no inocent muzzos

They are ALL, EACH AND EVERY ONE a brain dead terrorist at heart.

Just look at how so called moderates act in a group

Behead this, jihad that, etc,etc, etc

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 26th, 2017 at 6:26pm

red baron wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 8:05am:
If ever there was a time when we need to change the way we approach the plague of terrorism it is now

If we don't heed the lessons from Manchester then we are doomed to have it repeated on our own door step

What did Manchester learn, red?

This is the third terrorist bomb attack in Manchester.

And, guess what - most of them were the IRA.

Did you forget that?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #18 - May 26th, 2017 at 6:41pm

crocodile wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 2:15pm:
red baron wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
Napolean I introduced a system of justice in France in 1800AD that has spread throughout continental Europe and beyond. It is described as an inquisitorial or investigative system rather than an adversarial system, though prosecutors, defendants and victims are all entitled to representation.
http://www.unjustjustice.org.au/the-solu...

The "Napoleonic Code," which continues in France and other countries conquered by France, hold that the accused is guilty until proven innocent (thus, the point of Victor Hugo's Les Miserables). This was a re-working of previous monarchical attitudes toward law enforcement (and as Napoleon was emperor, one isn't surprised.)

Suspects in the American judicial system have a presumption of innocence, or being innocent until proven guilty. Other countries, such as France, maintain protections of a suspect and ensure a fair trail but use a presumption of guilt until proven innocent.

Gee, that'd be a long list.

Yep
Every single muzzo.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #19 - May 26th, 2017 at 6:43pm

I have forgotten nothing Pec. When I said terrorists I include all forms of low life terrorists on that list

The proposal: Any person on a watch list who has been found to have been communicating with terrorist links should be incarcerated until that person can prove they are no threat to society

Like I keep saying if it was your parents or family that got blown up would you then think my proposal wrong?

You can beat your chest all you like but if someone took out your family you would be screaming for blood

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 26th, 2017 at 6:46pm

The vast majority of terrorist attacks in Manchester, were carried out by Christians.

Did you know that, Valkie?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #21 - May 26th, 2017 at 6:50pm

What track are you on Pec, what attacks, what Christians, be specific

Regarding the horrific recent Manchester attack

The terrorist WAS on a Watch List, he was in concert with I.S.I.S. yet they let this terrorist run until he blew up women and kids

Under my proposal he would have been rotting in a cell

PS So would the IRA terrorist or any other freaking terrorist on a watch list
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2017 at 6:55pm by red baron »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 26th, 2017 at 6:56pm

red baron wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 6:50pm:

You're kidding, surely.

In 1992, on December 4, Manchester was attacked by Christian terrorists.

Two bombs!

In 1996, on June 15, they were attacked by Christian terrorists again.

A 1,500 kg bomb!

Terrorism didn't start in 2001.  You do realise that, don't you?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - May 26th, 2017 at 7:03pm

red baron wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 6:50pm:

Regarding the horrific recent Manchester attack

The terrorist WAS on a Watch List, he was in concert with I.S.I.S. yet they let this terrorist run until he blew up women and kids

Under my proposal he would have been rotting in a cell

PS So would the IRA terrorist or any other freaking terrorist on a watch list

What is the criteria you would use before anyone could be put on your watch list, given that on arrival on it according to you, they are imprisoned.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #24 - May 26th, 2017 at 7:06pm

I realise this

Intelligence Agencies know full well who are the main threats, they have identified them and have records of their inter actions with I.SI.S. and other terrorist groups

However, because in our archaic system they can't be detained on suspicion these aholes fester and plot until one day what happened in Manchester will happen here

You are left wing bleeding heart Pec but like I say if your family was taken down brother wouldn't we witness a sea change in your attitude

I deal in the here and the now

What I say makes sense. If they communicate with terrorist they go straight to gaol until authorities can satisfy themselves that they are or are not a major threat

If that Law had been in place Man Monis would never have been in the Lindt Café he would have been in prison

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #25 - May 26th, 2017 at 7:09pm

red baron wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 7:06pm:
I realise this

Intelligence Agencies know full well who are the main threats, they have identified them and have records of their inter actions with I.SI.S. and other terrorist groups

However, because in our archaic system they can't be detained on suspicion these aholes fester and plot until one day what happened in Manchester will happen here

You are left wing bleeding heart Pec but like I say if your family was taken down brother wouldn't we witness a sea change in your attitude

What I say makes sense. If they communicate with terrorist they go straight to gaol until authorities can satisfy themselves that they are or are not a major threat

If that Law had been in place Man Monis would never have been in the Lindt Café he would have been in prison

You're right Baron,
the cops always know the people who do these crimes.
The cops have their hands tied behind their backs -
they can't protect us like that.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - May 26th, 2017 at 7:11pm

Quote:

Here I am communicating with you.  I have no idea you are a terrorist, but turns out....you are.  So, I go to the slammer, straight to the slammer, I do not pass go and I do not get $200.00.

Solid idea there, Mr Baron.

And....how do they get to do this communicating?  Ought not known terrorists already be in custody and communication with them very well regulated and controlled?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #27 - May 26th, 2017 at 7:12pm

I realise this

If they communicate with terrorists, mix with anyone with radical ideals or express terrorist ideas, such as beheading all who insult the asshole, they and their families should be rounded up and put on a plane straight to a muzzo country where they can openly express their perverted ideas with impunity.

No more screwing around,
They are no longer welcome

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 26th, 2017 at 7:12pm

Not sure where you're getting that from.

I have no time for murderers; I want them all locked up.

If you believe I've said anything to the contrary, now's the time to present the evidence.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #29 - May 26th, 2017 at 7:13pm

Aussie wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 7:11pm:
Quote:

Here I am communicating with you.  I have no idea you are a terrorist, but turns out....you are.  So, I go to the slammer, straight to the slammer, I do not pass go and I do not get $200.00.

Solid idea there, Mr Baron.

And....how do they get to do this communicating?  Ought not known terrorists already be in custody and communication with them very well regulated and controlled?

Aussie - it's a war - innocent people will get their lives destroyed on both sides of any war.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print