Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Lindt Cafe & Man Monis Coroner's finding (Read 582 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

The Lindt Cafe & Man Monis Coroner's finding
May 25th, 2017 at 9:49am

It's been a white-wash encapsulated by the coroner saying ...

"But he added that gunman Man Haron Monis "deserves to be the sole focus of our condemnation".

That's the cop-out in a nutshell.

No one is to go home from the coroner's presentation with their pants or skirts around their ankles. Reputations are protected, PC and cronyism wins the day.

apologist shenanigans.

So many holes in it you don't know where to begin.

So I won't.

Central to the whole saga of the Lindt Café siege was the fear that Man Monis would set off a bomb if the police tried to breach.

No condemnation was made against the criminal idiots who released Monis on bail while he was facing a whole category of very serious charges. The idiots who let him back onto the streets should be doing jail-time for Criminal Irresponsibility that was an endangerment to Public Safety.

But no, as usual, Leftwing liberal-progressive ideology has won the day again.

Everybody goes home happy.

« Last Edit: May 25th, 2017 at 9:54am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Lindt Cafe & Man Monis Coroner's finding
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2017 at 9:52am

Thanks Herbie. We needed another thread about this.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1495410366

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - May 25th, 2017 at 9:56am

mothra wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 9:52am:
Thanks Herbie. We needed another thread about this.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1495410366

I looked but didn't see this.

So!

Your comments please, before I go out and do some more chainsawing now that the morning has warmed up a tad.

Don't disappoint me.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 25th, 2017 at 10:29am

Lord Herbert wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 9:49am:

"But he added that gunman Man Haron Monis "deserves to be the sole focus of our condemnation".

No one is to go home from the coroner's presentation with their pants or skirts around their ankles. Reputations are protected, PC and cronyism wins the day.

apologist shenanigans.

So I won't.

Central to the whole saga of the Lindt Café siege was the fear that Man Monis would set off a bomb if the police tried to breach.

No condemnation was made against the criminal idiots who released Monis on bail while he was facing a whole category of very serious charges. The idiots who let him back onto the streets should be doing jail-time for Criminal Irresponsibility that was an endangerment to Public Safety.

its not about jail time herb...the  magistrate and the DPP  have all had a mention the DPP in particular.....its about seeing it never happens again..

lets hope they do something about the fixing....and do it soon......

he should never have been on the street   thats a fact....why didnt the DPP stop it... Sad Sad..

I think they were extra busy at that time.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - May 25th, 2017 at 10:43am

Such a review is normal procedure.  Meantime back at the Bat Cave, the police and others involved would already have done a de-briefing immediately after the incident, and would have derived 'lessons learned'.  As a result, changes would already have been implemented.

It is important to de-brief and do so several times over so as to ensure that memory is not clouded by too much thought and re-think, and so that, with several versions of events from the same contributor, cross-checking of memory can take place.

Not sure how the police are going to get around the need for crisis intervention officers to also do other duties.... a dedicated counter-strike force is very expensive.

As for intervention by the military forces - already covered... ONLY in the event that the situation has escalated out of control of the civilian forces may the military be asked to intervene.  Mind you - the Commando teams in Sydney would already have had their plans ready to go at a moment's notice, and undoubtedly had at least liaison present and troops ready for rapid deployment, so I think the television generation can back off a little here and realise it's not all Rambo without notice.

There are rules on the use of military forces on home territory, for good reason.

I haven't read the whole thing from the Coroner, but it would seem that he (she?) has glossed over such things for reasons of 'security' - which is a bit silly since, to me anyway, all this is common knowledge.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #5 - May 25th, 2017 at 1:43pm

This will shock you but probably no more than anything else I say.

I think with these situations the law enforcement people have to go in hard & fast. None of this negotiation crap.
Let it be seen & known that if you start something like this you are going to die as soon as possible.
There is never any certainty anyway that easy go is going to save lives.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - May 25th, 2017 at 2:05pm

Lord Herbert wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 9:49am:

apologist shenanigans.

So I won't.

There needs to be a mass hanging.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 25th, 2017 at 2:12pm

bogarde73 wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 1:43pm:
This will shock you but probably no more than anything else I say.

I think with these situations the law enforcement people have to go in hard & fast. None of this negotiation crap.
Let it be seen & known that if you start something like this you are going to die as soon as possible.
There is never any certainty anyway that easy go is going to save lives.

yeah that was fine in the days before body bombs.....

I think there were quite a few mistakes made...but at the end of the day   so many more could have been killed the man was mad.. and should not have been on the streets

it isnt as if they had no Red Flags is it??

I mean come on even ISIL didnt want to know him..
Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 25th, 2017 at 2:13pm

There was a host of people along the line that did not do their job,, any one of them could have stopped the murders, had they done their jobs

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 25th, 2017 at 2:20pm

miketrees wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 2:13pm:
There was a host of people along the line that did not do their job,, any one of them could have stopped the murders, had they done their jobs

ok give us your list...

for instance did man monis stand in front of the window??...

did the police have the guns to fire through the plate glass.... you do know a copper put his life on the line being first on the scene with no BP vest just his gun dont you...he had no idea what he was facing  as that news wastnt coming through....

its a shame we dwell on what SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED rather than what they did....I thought it was most heroic to be honest...all those calling the shots and now doing the pointing were not in the front line were they?>???? Angry Angry

those men could have been blown to pieces just as would the hostages have  been.. but they didnt flinch or run away... they had no idea what they were facing..

it would be like running into a burning house.....its heroic....even if you dont save anyone.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #10 - May 25th, 2017 at 2:47pm

What was Monis asking for?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 25th, 2017 at 2:51pm

Lord Herbert wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 2:47pm:

he wanted to talk to the then PM Tony Abbott..

probably wanted his pension increased. Angry

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #12 - May 25th, 2017 at 3:00pm

cods wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 2:51pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 2:47pm:

he wanted to talk to the then PM Tony Abbott..

probably wanted his pension increased. Angry

On a telephone?

Who better to negotiate a deal and save lives than Abbott?

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #13 - May 25th, 2017 at 3:07pm

They had an opportunity to shoot him well before he started to kill people. A police marksman had him in his sights at the window of the Lindt Cafe and plate glass wouldn't have stopped the police marksman's bullet. It was not armoured glass. They waited too long because of some psychologist's advice that Monis wouldn't kill.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #14 - May 25th, 2017 at 3:09pm

Fuzzball wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 3:07pm:
They had an opportunity to shoot him well before he started to kill people. A police marksman had him in his sights at the window of the Lindt Cafe and plate glass wouldn't have stopped the police marksman's bullet. It was not armoured glass. They waited too long.

He was under orders not to fire.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print