Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Muslim refugees are a ticking time bomb (Read 7191 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Muslim refugees are a ticking time bomb
Reply #30 - May 27th, 2017 at 10:45pm

they don't have to be muslim refugees, just muslims

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 27th, 2017 at 10:47pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 10:24pm:
And as I have pointed out, Soren, the UNHCR is not the be all and end all of Refugee matters internationally.   When you acknowledge that your source was flawed, then we might be able to continue this conversation.  Until then, you're as usual, just pissing into the wind.  Tsk, tsk

I think even you would have to admit brian  that Muslim countries  which already surround places like Syria...would be rather selective in who they take in.. I believe there are many branches of Islam..I mainly know of Sunnis and shiites .. who seem to hate each other.....so I could only imagine it would be harder to just walk into an Arab country and say I want asylum......I did read somewhere where countries like Turkey and Egypt were starting to be more careful or selective......did I read that wrong??..

btw dont you think all sources are flawed after all the stats they tell us ......   are mostly weeks old....

and I believe it goes for all sources... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #32 - May 28th, 2017 at 1:05am

cods wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 10:47pm:
And as I have pointed out, Soren, the UNHCR is not the be all and end all of Refugee matters internationally.   When you acknowledge that your source was flawed, then we might be able to continue this conversation.  Until then, you're as usual, just pissing into the wind.  Tsk, tsk

I think even you would have to admit brian  that Muslim countries  which already surround places like Syria...would be rather selective in who they take in.. I believe there are many branches of Islam..I mainly know of Sunnis and shiites .. who seem to hate each other.....so I could only imagine it would be harder to just walk into an Arab country and say I want asylum......I did read somewhere where countries like Turkey and Egypt were starting to be more careful or selective......did I read that wrong??..

btw dont you think all sources are flawed after all the stats they tell us ......   are mostly weeks old....

Statistics only provide, as you have pointed out, indirectly, a snapshot of events or attitudes at the time that they are gathered, Cods.   Anybody who has studied statistics knows this.  What is interesting is longitudinal surveys, those taken over extended periods - usually of the same peoples' attitudes - allowing you to measure what their thinking is to events around them.   FD and the other Islamophobes like to quote the Pew Surveys.   Problem is, if you look at the attitudes of Muslims at various times over the last ~17 years, they have changed quite markedly, as events have occurred, realisations of what the implications of their attitudes have become and so on.  However, they never quote the later surveys for some reasons.  Could it be because they aren't as explicit as the early ones?   Who knows?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

As for the Muslim countries which surround Syria - they have taken IIRC about 1 third of the Syrian population in as refugees.   Jordan in particular has let in a couple of million Syrians.  Just as they let in previously, a large number of Palestinians.   Turkey has let in even more.   So, to claim that they don't accept refugees is false but typical of the Islamophobes.   Roll Eyes

As to them becoming "more particular" about who they accept, I have no idea, I must admit.  However, it really isn't all that surprising really.   They are just as subject to the same fears and myths as are the West, it appears.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 28th, 2017 at 2:18am

Strange. The countries neighbouring Syria - Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq - have taken in about 6 million Syrian refugees.

Do you want to tell the old boy, dear, or should Brian?

Don't worry, Cods. Frank already knows.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 28th, 2017 at 11:57am

Mattyfisk wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 2:18am:

Strange. The countries neighbouring Syria - Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq - have taken in about 6 million Syrian refugees.

We are talking about settling, refugees, not merely being holding pens (as they have been for the Palestinians).

Resettling, Karnal, Muslim Arab countries are not resettling Muslim Arab refugees. Muslim Arab solidarity stops short of resettling the brothers sisters.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 28th, 2017 at 12:00pm

And as I have pointed out, Soren, the UNHCR is not the be all and end all of Refugee matters internationally.   When you acknowledge that your source was flawed, then we might be able to continue this conversation.  Until then, you're as usual, just pissing into the wind.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

You have not pointed out any such thing, Brian.

Show us how many Muslim Arabs refugees are re-settled by Muslim Arab countries. Go on.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #36 - May 28th, 2017 at 5:15pm

Frank wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 12:00pm:
And as I have pointed out, Soren, the UNHCR is not the be all and end all of Refugee matters internationally.   When you acknowledge that your source was flawed, then we might be able to continue this conversation.  Until then, you're as usual, just pissing into the wind.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Show us how many Muslim Arabs refugees are re-settled by Muslim Arab countries. Go on.

Even muzzos hate muzzos.

EVERYONE HATES MUZZOS

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #37 - May 29th, 2017 at 12:10am

I have.  It appears your selective memory has made you forget it already.  Such a shame.  Tsk, tsk.   I think you need some memory therapy, Soren.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #38 - May 29th, 2017 at 12:11am

Valkie wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 5:15pm:

Even muzzos hate muzzos.

EVERYONE HATES MUZZOS

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Move along folks, more along.  Nothing of interest here, just the same tired old Islamophobia again.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #39 - May 29th, 2017 at 6:03pm

Bwyannnnnnnnnn's back

With his feeble pointless and sycophantic pro muzzo name callling.

Rember bwyannnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Islamophobia is a made up word.
You might one day understand that.

Another thing you may begin to understand is that islam is a disgusting cancer on the human race.
It must be eradicated or the human race is doomed.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #40 - May 29th, 2017 at 7:23pm

Valkie wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 6:03pm:
Bwyannnnnnnnnn's back

With his feeble pointless and sycophantic pro muzzo name callling.

Rember bwyannnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Islamophobia is a made up word.
You might one day understand that.

Another thing you may begin to understand is that islam is a disgusting cancer on the human race.
It must be eradicated or the human race is doomed.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  More ad hominem argument, Valkie?  Tsk, tsk, such childishness.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 29th, 2017 at 8:50pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 12:10am:

I have.  It appears your selective memory has made you forget it already.  Such a shame.  Tsk, tsk.   I think you need some memory therapy, Soren.   Roll Eyes

I don't believe you have, Brian. I think you are lying once again

But if not it should be very easy for you to point out the post where you pointed out that Muslim Arab countries are resettling Muslim Arab refugees outside the system administered by the UNHCR.

Go on, it should be very easy for you if you weren't lying.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #42 - May 29th, 2017 at 8:56pm

Frank wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 8:50pm:

But if not it should be very easy for you to point out the post where you pointed out that Muslim Arab countries are resettling Muslim Arab refugees outside the system administered by the UNHCR.

Its the muzzo influence.

Lying is a prerequisite for muzzos, and sympathisers, sycophants and traitors to the human race.

Like.............bwyannnnnnnnnnnn

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 30th, 2017 at 11:51am

Frank wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 11:57am:
Mattyfisk wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 2:18am:

We are talking about settling, refugees, not merely being holding pens (as they have been for the Palestinians).

Oh, I know, old chap, but you seem to be confusing settling with being a signatory to the Refugee Treaty. Refugees from Palestine have been living in neighbouring countries since the 67 war. The UNHCR does not list them as settled, but only a mendacious old dear would try to pretend that they aren't.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #44 - May 30th, 2017 at 9:38pm

Frank wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 8:50pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  If I have lied - "knowingly told an untruth" - prove it, Soren.  Here is some space for you to put your proof:

Quote:

I look forward to your reply, Soren.  And no, I won't find you the post, you do your own research.  It is there.   You even commented on it IIRC.   Funny that.  Tsk, tsk.   Such a selective memory you have.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print