Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Who knows what this is? (Read 1944 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Who knows what this is?
May 24th, 2017 at 6:31pm

?

IBI

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Re: Who knows what this is?
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2017 at 6:35pm

IF your kids haven't got one or are wanting one ...... 5 bucks a pop, I think.  Wink

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - May 24th, 2017 at 6:43pm

Neferti wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 6:35pm:
IF your kids haven't got one or are wanting one ...... 5 bucks a pop, I think.  Wink

The shop I got it had a range from 7 to 25. This was 9 Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #3 - May 24th, 2017 at 6:44pm

Gordon wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 6:31pm:
?

They were called 'fidgets' and were given to kids with concentration problems to help them in schools.    There are quite a few different styles, but the idea is to keep the kid occupied with something in their hands, in the hope they could concentrate better in the classroom.  Someone has seen the opportunity to move them into the commercial area and start a new trend!   Just like pet rocks, tamagotchis, rubik's cube etc they will fade away when the new fad hits.  Many schools have banned them  unless the student has a classroom need for them

http://www.friendshipcircle.org/blog/2011/10/31/fidgets-what-are-they-and-how-ca...

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #4 - May 24th, 2017 at 6:49pm

Gordon wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 6:43pm:

Obviously Double Bay.  Grin

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #5 - May 27th, 2017 at 1:11am

Looks like a bearing for a little drone copter thing....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 27th, 2017 at 7:49am

Designed to help people like Booby, so I believe.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #7 - May 27th, 2017 at 8:06am

And you.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #8 - May 27th, 2017 at 8:09am

Neferti wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 6:49pm:

You know a number of years ago it was found that the supermarkets at Double Bay were the cheapest in NSW?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:54am

Neferti wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 6:49pm:

my grandson has one......years ago  son in laws son at that time about 14 had a habit of sitting whilst we are all talking and he would be tossing something [anything] in the air and catching it over and over and over...I musty have been the only one that noticed  as I could have hit him on more than one occasion... Angry Angry

yeah I was even a grumpy nickers back then....

anyway this thing will I am sure have the same effect on myself...you may be reading about a mad women who kills a fidget with a hammer. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #10 - May 28th, 2017 at 10:37pm

Quote:
Man Rushed To Hospital With Fidget Spinner Stuck In His Anus

A 27-year-old man managed to get his fidget spinner irretrievably lodged in his an@l cavity, forcing him to scream ‘medic’.

“I just heard this almighty scream coming from his house, so we rushed over and banged on the door,” said the man’s neighbor, a 52-year-old who’s too old for this sh!t. “He let us in and was clutching his behind. I asked him: ‘what’s wrong?’ and he just choked out that he needed an ambulance.”

The act of ‘choking out’ an ambulance request suggests catastrophic levels of pain, and unsurprisingly so: medical staff later found the not-at-all suppository-shaped fidget spinner lodged so tightly in the an@l cavity that they had to operate to remove it.

“We tried a number of lubrication methods but in the end we were forced to make an incision to remove the device,” said one of the surgeons involved.

A relative of the poor man confirmed that the man was basically using the toy to pleasure himself – successfully at first – but flew too close to the sun when he tried to insert it deeper into his anus. Hospital staff suspect he must have slipped and pushed it beyond the point of no return.

Medical experts are urging people to err on the side of caution when using their fidget spinners, and to not use them for unintended purposes. Of course, they didn’t specifically say “Don’t put them in your buttt”, so if that’s not quite black-and-white enough for you then let this story be a warning.

http://now77news.com/2017/05/24/man-rushed-hospital-fidget-spinner-stuck-anus/?u...

Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #11 - May 28th, 2017 at 10:42pm

Black Orchid wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 10:37pm:
Quote:
Man Rushed To Hospital With Fidget Spinner Stuck In His Anus

A 27-year-old man managed to get his fidget spinner irretrievably lodged in his an@l cavity, forcing him to scream ‘medic’.

“I just heard this almighty scream coming from his house, so we rushed over and banged on the door,” said the man’s neighbor, a 52-year-old who’s too old for this sh!t. “He let us in and was clutching his behind. I asked him: ‘what’s wrong?’ and he just choked out that he needed an ambulance.”

The act of ‘choking out’ an ambulance request suggests catastrophic levels of pain, and unsurprisingly so: medical staff later found the not-at-all suppository-shaped fidget spinner lodged so tightly in the an@l cavity that they had to operate to remove it.

“We tried a number of lubrication methods but in the end we were forced to make an incision to remove the device,” said one of the surgeons involved.

A relative of the poor man confirmed that the man was basically using the toy to pleasure himself – successfully at first – but flew too close to the sun when he tried to insert it deeper into his anus. Hospital staff suspect he must have slipped and pushed it beyond the point of no return.

Medical experts are urging people to err on the side of caution when using their fidget spinners, and to not use them for unintended purposes. Of course, they didn’t specifically say “Don’t put them in your buttt”, so if that’s not quite black-and-white enough for you then let this story be a warning.

http://now77news.com/2017/05/24/man-rushed-hospital-fidget-spinner-stuck-anus/?u...

Cheesy Grin

Gordon is missing lately. We should phone the hospitals.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 28th, 2017 at 10:43pm

Unforgiven wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 10:42pm:
Gordon is missing lately. We should phone the hospitals

so is john smith... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #13 - May 28th, 2017 at 11:00pm

cods wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 10:43pm:
Unforgiven wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 10:42pm:
Gordon is missing lately. We should phone the hospitals

so is john smith... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Be sure to warn you gson on the dangers of fidgets, just in case. Can't be too careful.

How TF do people get these ideas? Shocked

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #14 - May 29th, 2017 at 1:08am

Fidget spinners. They were doing a story about them a week or so ago on the news. Saw them being sold by a vendor in the shopping centre last week.

I figure they are just another waste of time accessory that people are being duped into getting. Someone had one on the counter at work tonight, and there was mild fascination about something that will be forgotten about in 6 months time.

I recall those wrist bands that we would get at the shop in the early 1990s. The fad died before it really began. Fidget spinners will die off very soon. I had almost forgotten about them until someone reminded me at work.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print