Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Police advice for home invasion victims (Read 21576 times)
Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Re: Police advice for home invasion victims
Reply #30 - May 25th, 2017 at 11:49pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 5:38pm:
Mortdooley wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 8:14am:
Any Country that wishes to survive needs to only let settle people who will assimilate. Having people that set up Colony's within the Host Country are not an asset.

So, been to China Town?  How about Little Tokyo?   What about the Jewish Ghetto?   Oh, and lets not forget Little Italy, shall we?   People set up their own neighbourhoods to answer their needs, in an often hostile environment created by people like you, Mort.   People don't get off the boat/plane able to speak the dominant language as well as the dominate cultural group, nor do they feel the need to dress identically to how the dominant cultural group dresses.   These are not "colonies" they are enclaves. formed for protection and they have existed as long as Migration has been occurring.   Immigrants assimilate at their rate, not yours.    Roll Eyes

How is my opinion hostile? I have been to both China Town and little Italy in Chicago and San Francisco. The Italians are gone and the Chinese are very Americanized. Assimilation works like this. The first generation struggles with English and speaks their native language at home. The second generation is bilingual and considers themselves American with roots in the "Old Country". The third generation generally only speaks English and have American values.

American Television is nothing like real life here, the liberal spin on our history is insultingly inaccurate as well. Over here when there is a home invasion someone in the home is usually involved in some form of criminal behavior. Drugs or large sums of cash are the target unless their purpose is to do harm to someone. Burglary is a different crime where the criminal wants to rob an empty house and not be confronted by the homeowner.    

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #31 - May 26th, 2017 at 12:58am

Mortdooley wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 11:49pm:
Any Country that wishes to survive needs to only let settle people who will assimilate. Having people that set up Colony's within the Host Country are not an asset.

So, been to China Town?  How about Little Tokyo?   What about the Jewish Ghetto?   Oh, and lets not forget Little Italy, shall we?   People set up their own neighbourhoods to answer their needs, in an often hostile environment created by people like you, Mort.   People don't get off the boat/plane able to speak the dominant language as well as the dominate cultural group, nor do they feel the need to dress identically to how the dominant cultural group dresses.   These are not "colonies" they are enclaves. formed for protection and they have existed as long as Migration has been occurring.   Immigrants assimilate at their rate, not yours.    Roll Eyes

How is my opinion hostile? I have been to both China Town and little Italy in Chicago and San Francisco. The Italians are gone and the Chinese are very Americanized. Assimilation works like this. The first generation struggles with English and speaks their native language at home. The second generation is bilingual and considers themselves American with roots in the "Old Country". The third generation generally only speaks English and have American values.

American Television is nothing like real life here, the liberal spin on our history is insultingly inaccurate as well. Over here when there is a home invasion someone in the home is usually involved in some form of criminal behavior. Drugs or large sums of cash are the target unless their purpose is to do harm to someone. Burglary is a different crime where the criminal wants to rob an empty house and not be confronted by the homeowner.    

And yet, over here, the reverse is true, Mort.  Aggravated Burglaries occur when some low life decides to steal something while the home is occupied.

As for your hostility, it is implied from what you're saying, Mort.   People who migrate do so to seek a better life for themselves and their offspring.   You're claiming they don't "assimilate".  Here's a question for you, how is "assimilation" measured?   Is there an agreed upon, neutral observation scale?   Who makes the measurements?  The migrants or the Xenophobes?   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #32 - May 26th, 2017 at 1:43am

Tennessee Mother Chases Away Five Suspected Burglars

Source:      
BearingArms
       Quote:
A mother in Tennessee was forced to pull out the big guns Monday morning after a home intruder forced his way into her house as four more suspects waited outside.

Elsie Lee, who lives alone with her son, told WJJB TV that she awoke to the sounds of someone inside her house.

“We were asleep, and I thought I had heard something but I wasn’t for sure,” Lee recalled. “I thought I was just dreaming something, and then I heard a big bang again.”

“I got up and came running through the hallway,” she continued. “The guy was standing in the kitchen. He had just busted my door open.”

Lee then reached for her .45-caliber handgun and her shotgun and forced the intruder out of her home.

“I put the gun in his face and asked him if there was something I could do for him, and he was gone just that quick,” Lee told WJJB TV. “I chased him out the back door.”

“I almost killed him,” she added. “One of them could have been dead. Had he not ran, he would have been dead.”

Lee told WJJB TV that the only thought running through her mind that morning was “protect my son.”

Mere minutes after she chased the man away, Madison County police arrived on scene and arrested all five men, one of whom was a minor. Each suspect is being charged with aggravated burglary. None were armed.

Lee couldn’t have been more thankful to the police and how quickly they responded.

“I congratulate our sheriff’s department for what they did,” the mother told WJJB TV. “And it couldn’t have been done any faster or better.”

Armed Robber Shot, Killed by Homeowner in Indiana

Source:    
BearingArms
       Quote:
On Sunday, an armed robber in Evansville, Indiana learned the hard way that more homeowners are buying guns for home security.

According to police, officers were dispatched to a home in the 1100 block of Washington Avenue shortly before 4 a.m. on a report of shots fired. As they approached the residence, they were flagged down by an individual who informed them that the suspect of a home invasion had been shot and fled the scene on foot.

Officers canvassed the area and found Malcolm Payton, 25, in the 1100 block of Adams Avenue suffering from an obvious gunshot wound. Police immediately began to administer first aid to the suspect and found a gun on the ground underneath him in the process.

Paramedics arrived and transported Payton to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The homeowner told police Payton was wearing a mask and armed with a gun when he crawled in through the man’s bedroom window. The homeowner armed himself, took aim, and shot at the armed home intruder to protect himself.

Police say physical evidence investigators found at the scene corroborate the homeowner’s account of the incident and it appears the shooting was a clear case of self-defense.

Burglars beware: homeowners have guns, and they know how to use them!

Americans don't depend on the government or the police for their personal protection. They take self-defense as a personal responsibility.......

« Last Edit: May 26th, 2017 at 1:54am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #33 - May 26th, 2017 at 3:15am

Brian Ross wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 12:58am:

And yet, over here, the reverse is true, Mort.  Aggravated Burglaries occur when some low life decides to steal something while the home is occupied.

As for your hostility, it is implied from what you're saying, Mort.   People who migrate do so to seek a better life for themselves and their offspring.   You're claiming they don't "assimilate".  Here's a question for you, how is "assimilation" measured?   Is there an agreed upon, neutral observation scale?   Who makes the measurements?  The migrants or the Xenophobes?   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

I think you are projecting.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #34 - May 26th, 2017 at 5:21am

Brian Ross wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 10:07pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 6:39pm:

I don't know, they tend to not to try and kill the occupants through terrorist activities of their host country, which is nice of them and could be an adequate level of assimilation.

Could be.  Considering that the overwhelming majority of all Immigrants are peaceful, law-abiding and are making efforts towards assimilation, BigOl64, you don't think you might be singling out for attention the very people who are making an effort to satisfy your demands?

Quote:
Better than some of the filthy scum that has managed to infest this and many other countries.  Smiley Smiley

Why the smilies, BigOl64, does something amuse you?  Tsk, tsk, you ever notice that Islamist Terrorism hasn't arisen really until the West decided to interfere in Muslim countries and undertake "regime change"?    Roll Eyes

I never said they didn't, in fact if you read my post properly I think I said the very thing about assimilation of most immigrants. So your comment was pointless wasn't it. tsk, fkken tsk

I agree we should have let the sand monkeys just kill each other without putting one single boot on the ground. If fact we should just leave that disgusting sh1t hole and export the mussies back to the beloved muslim homeland they came from. I think everyone would be much better off.

« Last Edit: May 26th, 2017 at 12:58pm by BigOl64 »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #35 - May 26th, 2017 at 7:08am

One of these would be handy especially since the invasion
recently by 8 thugs:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4531942/Residents-terrified-four-Melbour...

Quote:
How else can you be after you've had eight Sudanese men break into you, rough you up, beat up my step dad

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #36 - May 26th, 2017 at 12:46pm

Baronvonrort wrote on May 23rd, 2017 at 5:28pm:
Quote:
Assistant Commissioner Fontana advised residents to give up their car or property to violent home invaders to avoid being injured.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4531942/Residents-terrified-four-Melbourne-home-inv...

Once upon a time we were allowed to have weapons for self defence and home invasions were unheard of.

The police cannot protect us they advise us to hand over everything to avoid being injured.

We have become a nation of victims.

and yes the native people of this land also said the same thing ..

how the world turns no ?

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #37 - May 26th, 2017 at 1:02pm

it_is_the_light wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 12:46pm:
Quote:
Assistant Commissioner Fontana advised residents to give up their car or property to violent home invaders to avoid being injured.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4531942/Residents-terrified-four-Melbourne-home-inv...

Once upon a time we were allowed to have weapons for self defence and home invasions were unheard of.

The police cannot protect us they advise us to hand over everything to avoid being injured.

and yes the native people of this land also said the same thing ..

how the world turns no ?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7040/6972268314_dd6fd67e89.jpg

dear sir master Light,

doth ye supporteth home invasions by gangs of Sudanese?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #38 - May 26th, 2017 at 3:38pm

Mortdooley wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 3:15am:
Brian Ross wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 12:58am:

I think you are projecting.

Really?  Why?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #39 - May 26th, 2017 at 3:43pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 5:21am:

I don't know, they tend to not to try and kill the occupants through terrorist activities of their host country, which is nice of them and could be an adequate level of assimilation.

Could be.  Considering that the overwhelming majority of all Immigrants are peaceful, law-abiding and are making efforts towards assimilation, BigOl64, you don't think you might be singling out for attention the very people who are making an effort to satisfy your demands?

Quote:
Better than some of the filthy scum that has managed to infest this and many other countries.  Smiley Smiley

Why the smilies, BigOl64, does something amuse you?  Tsk, tsk, you ever notice that Islamist Terrorism hasn't arisen really until the West decided to interfere in Muslim countries and undertake "regime change"?    Roll Eyes

I never said they didn't, in fact if you read my post properly I think I said the very thing about assimilation of most immigrants. So your comment was pointless wasn't it. tsk, fkken tsk

I agree we should have let the sand monkeys just kill each other without putting one single boot on the ground. If fact we should just leave that disgusting sh1t hole and export the mussies back to the beloved muslim homeland they came from. I think everyone would be much better off.

Well, addressing your first point.  BigOl64, you appear to like having a bet each way.  What a shame you sit on the fence so broadly.

Addressing your second.  there are two problems with that idea.  The World is heavily dependent on the Oil which exists below the ground of many of the Muslim countries.  If we do not seek to influence them, what would we do when the oil drills cease and the oil refineries are all burnt down?   Then there is problem, you seem to be ascribing the views of a minority of Islamists to the majority of Muslims.  And of course, most Muslims in Western Nations have been born there or are citizens of those nations.   They have a natural right to live there as a consequence.  They have never known life in a Muslim country.   You appear to desire to eject them from their homelands.  Hardly fair or nice, BigOl64.  You are displaying the typical bigotry of the Islamophobe.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #40 - May 26th, 2017 at 3:56pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 3:43pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 5:21am:

Quote:

Well, addressing your first point.  BigOl64, you appear to like having a bet each way.  What a shame you sit on the fence so broadly.

Addressing your second.  there are two problems with that idea.  The World is heavily dependent on the Oil which exists below the ground of many of the Muslim countries.  If we do not seek to influence them, what would we do when the oil drills cease and the oil refineries are all burnt down?   Then there is problem, you seem to be ascribing the views of a minority of Islamists to the majority of Muslims.  And of course, most Muslims in Western Nations have been born there or are citizens of those nations.   They have a natural right to live there as a consequence.  They have never known life in a Muslim country.   You appear to desire to eject them from their homelands.  Hardly fair or nice, BigOl64.  You are displaying the typical bigotry of the Islamophobe.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

No I am not, I have never said immigrants are bad, you must be confusing me with someone else. tsk fkken tsk

Im fine with gaoling them if they don't want to be deported. Its not the 'good ones being treated like terrorists that is the problem, it is terrorists being treated like the 'good ones' that I find offensive.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #41 - May 26th, 2017 at 4:57pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 3:56pm:
No I am not, I have never said immigrants are bad, you must be confusing me with someone else. tsk fkken

I doubt it, BigOl64.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Im fine with gaoling them if they don't want to be deported. Its not the 'good ones being treated like terrorists that is the problem, it is terrorists being treated like the 'good ones' that I find offensive.

Who ever said that "terrorists [are] being treated like the 'good ones"?  The problem is, until they commit a Terrorist act, as defined by the Anti-Terrorism Legislation, BigOl64 and are convicted of it, in a court of law, they are innocent until proven guilty.  That is how our judicial system treats all offenders.   Until you prove they are Terrorists, they are just ordinary people.  If you wish to overturn that, then you are no better IMHO than the Terrorists themselves.    Is that what you want to happen?  A reversion to the Rule of Man over the Rule of Law?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 12:32am

Brian Ross wrote on May 23rd, 2017 at 10:39pm:
Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me, poor, poor, Baron.  So, despite that there are more firearms now in private hands than ever before and despite that in several states, the use of firearms to defend onself in your own home is enshrined in law

Cite the law that allows you to use firearms for self defence

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #43 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 8:11am

Brian Ross wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 5:45pm:
A Current Affair is not a human being

Neither are you.......Tsk, tsk..... Roll Eyes

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #44 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 4:06pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 12:32am:
Brian Ross wrote on May 23rd, 2017 at 10:39pm:
Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me, poor, poor, Baron.  So, despite that there are more firearms now in private hands than ever before and despite that in several states, the use of firearms to defend onself in your own home is enshrined in law

Cite the law that allows you to use firearms for self defence

Do your own research, Baron.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print