Send Topic Print
MasterCHef (Read 11137 times)
Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: MasterCHef
Reply #60 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 10:31pm

Yep, hope they both progress far within the industry. Ben's boy captured my heart....

« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2017 at 11:13pm by Alinta »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 7:51am

he came back from 4 down  not to be sneezed at...

lets hope we hear more of him  ..I didnt see his son at the end.. maybe it was too much for him...

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #62 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 4:11pm

Ben did come back but I still don't agree with the scoring for the final round.

Neither had the runny centre so that made them even there.

Diana's mandarin chocolate coating was too thick and just squished when cut and Ben's pear chocolate coating was too thick because he dropped it so that made them even there too.

But they all said Diana's mandarin just didn't have the flavour and they all said that Ben's had amazing flavour, especially Matt.

So in my opinion, Gary should not have marked Ben down with an 8 and Matt should not have marked Diana up with a 9, both of which were odd scores out.   But that would have meant that the scores would have been even so they pushed Diana into a win and knocked Ben out.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 5:47pm

Black Orchid wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 4:11pm:
Ben did come back but I still don't agree with the scoring for the final round.

Neither had the runny centre so that made them even there.

Diana's mandarin chocolate coating was too thick and just squished when cut and Ben's pear chocolate coating was too thick because he dropped it so that made them even there too.

But they all said Diana's mandarin just didn't have the flavour and they all said that Ben's had amazing flavour, especially Matt.

So in my opinion, Gary should not have marked Ben down with an 8 and Matt should not have marked Diana up with a 9, both of which were odd scores out.   But that would have meant that the scores would have been even so they pushed Diana into a win and knocked Ben out.

yes I got the feeling they didnt do the right thing  Bens looked a lot more like the original as well.....a bit sad really but I guess there can only be one winner.....lets hope she doesnt take the win back to Malaysia....I found her rather mechanical to be honest...

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #64 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 6:03pm

I had to wonder if it is because she is Malaysian that they chose put her over the line.   *shrug*

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 10:16am

I have started watching the Bachelor  I know a glutton for punishment.. Smiley

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #66 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 11:35am

cods wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 10:16am:

haha Cods.....to each their own I say.  I once watched a series of Big Brother! Embarrassed

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 12:54pm

Alinta wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 11:35am:
cods wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 10:16am:

haha Cods.....to each their own I say.  I once watched a series of Big Brother! Embarrassed

the trashier the better lately...lolol...I have a sneaky suss they go out of their way to find really bitchy females to go on these shows....not one nice word was spoken last night....and one of them is so vulgar  no one would want to date her..awful women...but I am hooked..and silly dresses that look so uncomfortable  its cringeworthy..

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #68 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 5:46pm

1 is it true there's never been a male master chef winner

2 was this a multi-culti fix

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #69 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 6:46pm

bogarde73 wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 5:46pm:

1. no

2. don't know.......am still scratching my head over the scoring in the final round of the GF that saw Diana win. My opinion only, but I think two of judges "got it wrong."  Interpret that as you wish.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2017 at 7:01pm by Alinta »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 8:20am

Alinta wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 6:46pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 5:46pm:

1. no

2. don't know.......am still scratching my head over the scoring in the final round of the GF that saw Diana win. My opinion only, but I think two of judges "got it wrong."  Interpret that as you wish.

spot on...I think the prize money is unfair as well....

winner $250.000+ and second $40.000... they both put in the same effort and in this case 1 point separated them....I think masterchef should do more for the runner up..

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #71 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 10:13am

I disagree with the scoring in the final round and thought, yet again, ARGHHHH!!!

The difference in prize money between 1st and 2nd doesn't bother me though and they do help the runner up.  I am sure Ben will be offered a great opportunity by one of the celebrity guest chefs.

He may even get his own tv food show.  Quite a few of the Masterchef contestants who did not win have their own food shows on various channels.   Poh, Hayden Quinn, Ben Milbourne, Justine Schofield.

I haven't watched The Block for awhile so I think that is going to be my replacement.  It starts on Sunday.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #72 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 1:23pm

I have been enjoying The Block because I haven't watched it for a few seasons.

Ronnie and Georgia are supposed to be experienced renovators with having done 10 houses?    You could have fooled me!!   I am not that keen on Georgia either.  There is always one though right?

Sticks and Wombat are a surprise packet with their detailing and styling.  I hope they do well.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 1:45pm

Black Orchid wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 1:23pm:
I have been enjoying The Block because I haven't watched it for a few seasons.

Ronnie and Georgia are supposed to be experienced renovators with having done 10 houses?    You could have fooled me!!   I am not that keen on Georgia either.  There is always one though right?

Sticks and Wombat are a surprise packet with their detailing and styling.  I hope they do well.

me too I havent watched the block in a long time....

what about the bathroom, $40.000 and I thought it was horrible...anyway...sheeees and they are sticking with the builder... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes makes me wonder what sort of builders they have as keithy comes along and makes them dig up just about every floor....

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #74 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 5:24pm

Ronnie amuses me but his wife, Georgia, irritates the Hell out of me.  God I hope she doesn't win.  She is way too self assured, cocky and   ...   well   ...   a bitch!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print