4 Corners - The Siege (Read 2579 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: 4 Corners - The Siege
Reply #60 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:07pm

Gordon wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 1:48pm:
Psychology, mostly pseudo-science.

The psychologist brought in to consult police was strongly criticised - he was permitted to give advice about police tactics, made erroneous and unrealistic assessments about what was happening and went beyond his area of expertise to give advice about Islamic terrorism.

I have an idea gordy  if we ever find ourselves in a position like this again we get

the psychiatrist  the Coroner and maybe one or two experts from ozpol..

to be in attendance and run the show..

funny how they have all the answers after the facts..

wonder how they will go BEFORE the facts. Angry Angry

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #61 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:09pm

cods wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:07pm:

The psychologist brought in to consult police was strongly criticised - he was permitted to give advice about police tactics, made erroneous and unrealistic assessments about what was happening and went beyond his area of expertise to give advice about Islamic terrorism.

I have an idea gordy  if we ever find ourselves in a position like this again we get

Funnily enough, my opinions align with the coroner and that is the police should have gone in after he discharged his weapon when the 2nd? lot were escaping.

IBI

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #62 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:09pm

No! Round up the Ozpolitic conservative siege experts and give them control.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #63 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:14pm

Unforgiven wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:09pm:

Where were you that day you stupid prick. Were you there? I was.

IBI

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #64 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:17pm

Gordon wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:14pm:
Unforgiven wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:09pm:

Where were you that day you stupid prick. Were you there? I was.

Which particular act of heroism was Gordon engaged in?

Or was Gordon on Rent-a-Crowd's payroll?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:17pm

Gordon wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:09pm:

Funnily enough, my opinions align with the coroner and that is the police should have gone in after he discharged his weapon when the 2nd? lot were escaping.

yes in hindsight......were you johnny on the spot making the decisions at that moment in time???>.

ha,....therein lies my point.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #66 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:21pm

cods wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:17pm:
Gordon wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:09pm:

yes in hindsight......were you johnny on the spot making the decisions at that moment in time???>.

ha,....therein lies my point.

Cods, the coroner was highly critical of the Police policy to contain and rely so heavily on the psychologist. They're not on he spot decisions, they're policy and command errors. 

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #67 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:22pm

I agree with you on that cods.  Monday morning quarterbacks always get it right.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #68 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:23pm

Aussie wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:22pm:

I agree with you on that cods.  Monday morning quarterbacks always get it right.

You're truly truly stupid. The coroner is criticising systemic policies, not the split second decisions.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:39pm

Gordon wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:23pm:
Aussie wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:22pm:

You're truly truly stupid. The coroner is criticising systemic policies, not the split second decisions.

mate he is leaving a whole lot of people thinking it was my fault.... the poor lady who lost her life did so thanks to ricochet   no one  in this whole wide world  can be tried for something like that.....and thats basically what is coming through  some one is too blame...

I find it appalling....is this a new thing to use a psychiatrist at a siege????>. somehow I dont think so..

like I said my dear let all those who think they would have done a better job.. 

be at the next one and ...do it their way. Angry

I can only believe the psychiatrist is now in counselling.. he looks like he is wearing the full brunt of it..

of course we are all experts on human behavior after the fact are we not?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #70 - May 24th, 2017 at 10:01pm

Bullet fragments - one of the perils of using high velocity, thin jacketed ammunition...

Gordo I think it was said 9mm was more appropriate...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - May 24th, 2017 at 10:40pm

Im probably the only one here who has been involved in a similar situation and I agree with Gordy. I do not understand why people put so much faith in psychologists who I have found tend to over estimate their own expertise, lets not forget its a piece of paper given to them for studying at a uni for 4 years that gives them the title, not any real life experience in anything.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - May 24th, 2017 at 11:00pm

When I heard the word 'psychiatrist' I immediately said - "He's ONLY a psychiatrist - what would he know?"

I've met enough trick cyclists and sigh Kiama bits through DVA.... not one worth their salt... all taking money under false pretences.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - May 24th, 2017 at 11:06pm

rhino wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 10:40pm:

Im probably the only one here who has been involved in a similar situation and I agree with Gordy. I do not understand why people put so much faith in psychologists who I have found tend to over estimate their own expertise, lets not forget its a piece of paper given to them for studying at a uni for 4 years that gives them the title, not any real life experience in anything.

Now you're talking my language... never met a trick cyclist (psychologist)who didn't live in a severely cordoned off world of their own belief systems.... and lest we forget - the Supreme Court of Australia has ruled that the opinion of an 'expert' must be supported by fact and cannot stand alone....

Why anyone places faith in these voodoo doctors is beyond me...

In my auto-bio - one such reckoned I was a 'sociopathic personality disorder' sufferer - never met me, spoke to me twice on the phone briefly, and that opinion flew in the face of much more highly regarded psychiatrists who had me under direct consideration and view in a VA course for eight weeks + ... who said universally that I suffer no psychiatric disorders, but suffer from PTSD which they couldn't crack.

But I guess I was just deluded about the higher value opinions, they must have been wrong...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #74 - May 25th, 2017 at 10:03am

Unforgiven wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 10:03am:
The most serious of these is how did Monis get bail? It could only have happened by high level interference in the case either with the prosecutor or the judiciary.

That's the most crucial point about this whole sorry-ass affair.

We want names.

We want sackings and even jail-time for criminal negligence that cost two lives.

We want justice for the sobbing parents and others. Closure. They'll be no closure until the bastards who tipped Monis back onto the streets are Named-and-Shamed before being dealt with before a jury in a Criminal Court.

Enough with the cronyism that's protecting some very guilty people indeed.

'Coroner's Report' ~ my arse!

An admitted white-wash from start to finish ...

"But he added that gunman Man Haron Monis "deserves to be the sole focus of our condemnation".

The sole focus.

Blatant and pathetic. It almost amounts to corruption.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print