Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
a different perspective on human rights (Read 3946 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
a different perspective on human rights
May 21st, 2017 at 6:25pm

According to Aussie, caning homosexuals is not a human rights issue, because it's the legitimacy of the law that counts, so before being gay homosexusals should flee Muslim countries and illegally immigrate to western nations.

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 7:56am:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:11pm:
freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:58pm:
freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:33pm:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:08pm:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:00pm:
freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:53pm:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:48pm:
freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:02pm:
I recall when they first introduced this, all the apologists were reassuring us that it was voluntary and would only apply to Muslims.

Tell me Effendi for I do not know.  Is the legitimate Law of the State of Aceh, Sharia Law?

Oh great, team leader is back. Arabia is for Arabs. Let them slaughter the Jews and Christians. Let the Indonesians cane faggots. So long as the 'law' is enforced, what is the problem, wot?

Ever so droll, Effendi.  So....how about answering the question?

Don't worry your ever so busy self Effendi.  I have found the answer.

Indeed, in the State of Aceh, the LAW is Sharia Law.

So...the Thread Title is a fraud.  It is the criminal law of the democratic State of Aceh.

Aussie if we voted to start building gas chambers would you be standing up for the law?

Aussie, what is your obsession with the legitimacy of law?

Oh well.....I am aware that we have anarchy without it Effendi.  But, when a democracy elects people on a platform of policy concerning Law, (whatever it is) that's what happens.....in this case, Aceh State Law.

Should we invade Aceh and overthrow the democratically elected Government, Effendi?

So it's either caning gays or anarchy? Is that why you are afraid to criticise them?

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 11:11am:
freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 11:04am:
Quote:
No.....there is no point posturing here about the Laws enacted by a democratically elected Government.

Why not? Are the human rights of foreigners irrelevant?

Would you have said the same thing about apartheid in South Africa? Or the Jews in Nazi Germany?

Are you seriously suggesting there is some equivalence between Nazis gassing Jews and Dutch pricks murdering Blacks?

Human rights for foreigners?  Whaaaat....speshul treatment, different Laws if you are a foreigner in a Country?

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:08pm:
freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:03pm:
Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 11:31am:
freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 11:19am:
Would you say that caning gay people is a human rights issue Aussie?

No more than any other sort of criminal justice punishment is a human rights issue.  Better than being hung or made dead in an electric chair, or poisoned, or whatever is your preferred method of delivering capital punishment.

So if we make being Jewish a crime, it is OK to send them off to the gas chambers? Respect for the law trumps all else? You never actually were a lawyer, were you? You just idolise them for some reason.

And how do 'we' just 'make being Jewish a crime?'  Magic wand?  How do 'we' just ignore Section 116 of the Constitution, Effendi?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: a different perspective on human rights
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2017 at 6:26pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 5:51pm:
freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 5:47pm:
Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 5:27pm:
freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 5:22pm:
Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:26pm:
Quote:
It's the principle that counts - in my (still) developing thesis, the Rule of Law based on solid bedrock rights is the constitution for lawmaking... and none may create a law that does not fully accord with the rule of law.

Yes it does and there goes Effendi's silly proposition.

So it is OK to cane gay people so long as it is based on "solid bedrock rights"?

That was not my term.  I had the Constitution per se in mind. 

Oh, and Effendi, don't worry about not answering my questions which are often more important than anything else I post.  If you don't answer, you are easily able to slither away from reality and just play hypotheticals of a useless kind.

And no, it is not okay to cane people because they are poofs.  But.....if they engage in acts of poofery and the Law of the Land says 'Thou shalt not,' don't whinge about the consequences.  Get out of that place and go to another where the Law is 'Thee may engage in acts of poofery.'

So it's their fault for not leaving the country before being gay?

Are you suggesting it is somehow more legally valid to expect vast waves of minority groups to flee Muslim countries, with the march of Islam on their heels? Do the other countries get a say in this?

Rubbish.  They fly to Australia, overstay their Visa, claim asylum which they'll get, as likely to be persecuted at home.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2017 at 6:29pm

Aussie is special tho

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2017 at 6:43pm

I could have swore it was thanks to Human Rights that we have section  18c in the first place... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

funny how they can influence Australian laws but not Muslim laws...

how about we make whipping in a public place a LAW 

I am sure when we hear about monsters who ill treat and murder babies   we wouldnt mind seeing them flogged

I bet Human Rights would be up ion arms  if we did that.. Angry Angry

its the same with animal treatment...they blow Australia up for selling live cattle 

and do bugger all at the end where the ill treatment is dished out  and not only to cattle sent from Australia.. Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2017 at 6:44pm

not sure why fd bothers to argue with people who are n ever wrong..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - May 21st, 2017 at 6:52pm

Quote:
According to Aussie, caning homosexuals is not a human rights issue, because it's the legitimacy of the law that counts, so before being gay homosexusals should flee Muslim countries and illegally immigrate to western nations.

That's not what I said, Effendi, especially "before being gay homosexuals should flee Muslim countries and illegally immigrate to western nations."

I said that before engaging in acts of poofery where said acts are illegal, if poofs want to commit acts of poofery...leave.  I said that if they elect to stay, commit acts of poofery and get caught, don't whinge.

It is not illegal to fly to Australia with a visa, Effendi.  It is within UN established rights (which Australia has agreed to honour) that from the moment that Visa expires, the holder can legally claim asylum on the basis of persecution if they returned home.

Is that not what I said, Effendi?

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:01pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 6:52pm:

Quote:

That's not what I said, Effendi, especially "before being gay homosexuals should flee Muslim countries and illegally immigrate to western nations."

I said that before engaging in acts of poofery where said acts are illegal, if poofs want to commit acts of poofery...leave.  I said that if they elect to stay, commit acts of poofery and get caught, don't whinge.

It is not illegal to fly to Australia with a visa, Effendi.  It is within UN established rights (which Australia has agreed to honour) that from the moment that Visa expires, the holder can legally claim asylum on the basis of persecution if they returned home.

Is that not what I said, Effendi?

Interesting you said fly, how about boat poofters Aussie, the ones who can't get a visa? 

Or has labor legislation with mandatory detention and never ever settle in Australia made it a bit awkward for boat poofters to just leave...to Australia at least. 

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:04pm

miketrees wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 6:29pm:
Aussie is special tho

Aussies great solutions to great problems.

Move the Jews to Tasmania

Poofters should just go elsewhere.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:06pm

Quote:
Interesting you said fly, how about boat poofters Aussie, the ones who can't get a visa?

Yeas, they are between a rock and a hard place politically, but it is quite clear there is nothing illegal about them getting on a boat, arriving at some northern Australian beach and claiming asylum.

Quote:
Or has labor legislation with mandatory detention and never ever settle in Australia made it a bit awkward for boat poofters to just leave...to Australia at least.

Of course it has.  I think that legislation sucks but that is another argument which has been done to death here at OzPol a gazillion times.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:08pm

Secret Wars wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 7:04pm:
Aussie is special tho

Not what I said.  I said....move the State of Israel to Tasmania.

I also did not say "Poofters should just go elsewhere."

There is no need to repeat what I did say, because it is in this very Thead.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:09pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 7:06pm:
Quote:

Yeas, they are between a rock and a hard place politically, but it is quite clear there is nothing illegal about them getting on a boat, arriving at some northern Australian beach and claiming asylum.

Quote:

Of course it has.  I think that legislation sucks but that is another argument which has been done to death here at OzPol a gazillion times.

Yes, and one that the luvvies would rather remain silent, which is why you specified flyers and not country shoppers in boats. 

The inconvenient truth of your poofters should just go elsewhere is impossible in the case of Australia, and that is down to Labor, God bless them. 

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:10pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate it's this mindset that's steered Aussies carer away from being a brilliant human rights lawyer like Geoffrey Robertson or Amal Clooney to being a cab driver who cleans bogan puke off his back seat every Friday night.

IBI

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:11pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 7:08pm:
Secret Wars wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 7:04pm:
Aussie is special tho

Not what I said.  I said....move the State of Israel to Tasmania.

I also did not say "Poofters should just go elsewhere."

There is no need to repeat what I did say, because it is in this very Thead.

Indeed you did say poofters should just go elsewhere, if they want to do poofy things that is.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:14pm

Quote:
Yes, and one that the luvvies would rather remain silent, which is why you specified flyers and not country shoppers in boats.

I referred to flyers to keep the argument relevant and not swamped by another issue you are trying to bring in.  Please don't attempt to impute intent when you have no idea what that is beyond the words I type.

Quote:
The inconvenient truth of your poofters should just go elsewhere is impossible in the case of Australia, and that is down to Labor, God bless them.

It is not impossible.  Just get a Visa and get on a plane.

Quote:
Indeed you did say poofters should just go elsewhere, if they want to do poofy things that is.

Correct, and that  is a far cry from what Effendi tried to verbal me with, the silly possum.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:18pm

Oh yes, who could forget Aussie's "non-racist" platform of "Arabia is for Arabs".

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print