Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Sharia Law. (Read 7796 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sharia Law.
May 20th, 2017 at 5:08pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/brutal-punishment-85-lashes-for-gay-...

IT’S pretty easy to wind up being publicly caned by authorities in a province on the northern tip of Indonesia’s Sumatra island.

Canings in the region of Aceh are typically conducted using a thin, rattan cane in front of huge crowds outside mosques.

It’s a punishment for gambling, drinking alcohol, women who wear tight clothes and men who skip Friday prayers. Young, unmarried adults are commonly sentenced to lashings for standing in proximity to someone of the opposite sex. And the casting net has now been widened.

On Wednesday, two men aged 20 and 23, were sentenced by a panel of judges in a sharia court to 85 lashes of the cane for having sexual relations with each other.

The sentencing coincided with International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia.

It marked the first time the punishment has been handed down for homosexuality since a sharia regulation banning the practice in Aceh was introduced in 2014.

In some cases, like that of the two men sentenced on Wednesday, authorities are going out of their way to ensure homosexual people are punished

The men were caught together in bed in March by vigilantes who burst into the boarding house where they were staying in provincial capital Banda Aceh.

Shaky phone footage of the raid that circulated online showed the vigilantes kicking, slapping and insulting the men, with one of them slumped naked on the ground during the attack.

The footage was used in court as evidence against the pair.

Presiding judge, Khairil Jamal, said the men were “legally and convincingly proven to have committed gay sex”.

“The defendants are proven to have committed sodomy and are found guilty,” he said.

One of the men pleaded for leniency and wept as his sentence was read out.

The chief prosecutor, Gulmaini, who goes by one name, said they will be caned next week, before the holy Muslim month of Ramadan starts about May 25.

Homosexuality is not illegal elsewhere in Indonesia but a case before the country’s top court is seeking to criminalise gay sex and sex outside marriage.

Indonesian police take away two men, convicted of having sex in contravention of sharia law, in Banda Aceh on May 10, 2017. Picture: AFP / Hendri Abik

A sharia court on May 17 sentenced two men to be publicly caned for gay sex for the first time in Indonesia's conservative province of Aceh, the latest sign of a backlash against homosexuals in the Muslim-majority country. Picture: AFP
Human Rights Watch said public caning constitutes torture under international law.

“The prosecution is very harsh. The verdict is harsher,” Indonesia researcher for Human Rights Watch Andreas Harsono said.

“It shows the increasingly conservative judiciary in Indonesia.”

There has been a surge in Indonesians punished by caning for engaging in sexual acts out of wedlock and homosexuality since a law adopted by Indonesia’s sharia-ruled province of Aceh was introduced three years ago.

The 2014 bylaw known as qanun jinaya, new criminal offences were introduced, including: consensual intimacy or sexual activity for unmarried couples; consensual sex outside marriage and same-sex sexual relations.

The law allows for up to 200 lashes in public as a punishment and has been heavily enforced, for unmarried couples and sex outside marriage, since it was introduced.
An Acehnese woman is whipped in front of the public for violating sharia law in Banda Aceh, Indonesia, 27 February 2017. The woman was whipped for having a sex without being married. Picture: Hotli Simanjuntak

An Acehnese man is whipped in front of the public for violating sharia law in Banda Aceh, Indonesia, 27 February 2017. His crime was having sex without being married. Picture: EPA / Hotli Simanjuntak
Hundreds of people are caned for offences including selling alcohol, gambling, and sex outside marriage in Aceh every year.

In February this year, an Acehnese man and women were among many people in the region to be lashed for having sex without being married.

In 2016, Aceh authorities caned 339 people for a range of crimes, according to Human Rights Watch.

Among them were seven men and six women who were caned between nine and 25 times at Al Ikhlas Mosque, Aceh in October 2016 for being alone with someone of the opposite sex who was not a marriage partner or relative (khalwat), and committing sexual intimacy outside marriage (ikhtilath).

PUNISHED FOR BEING IN ‘CLOSE PROXIMITY’ TO A MAN

A Muslim woman cries out as she gets caned for being caught in proximity with a male in Banda Aceh on October 17, 2016. Indonesia's Aceh province has gained international infamy for its strict Islamic laws. Picture: AFP
Acehnese woman, Nur Elita, 20, was punished for the offence of “kwalwat” — being in “proximity” to a man other than her husband or relative. — in December 2015. She was viciously caned in public as a punishment for the alleged crime.

The crowd cheered as Ms Elita was struck by a man wearing a mask.

A Muslim woman cries out as she gets caned for being caught in proximity with a male in Banda Aceh on October 17, 2016. Indonesia's Aceh province has gained international infamy for its strict Islamic laws. Picture: AFP

A Muslim woman cries out as she gets caned for being caught in proximity with a male in Banda Aceh on October 17, 2016. Indonesia's Aceh province

[b]awful stuff...my god never let it come her

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Sharia Law.
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:02pm

I recall when they first introduced this, all the apologists were reassuring us that it was voluntary and would only apply to Muslims.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #2 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:40pm

Where is bwyannnnnnn

Telling us just how compasionate, nice and safe shara law is,
And how ALL muzzos are such wonderful people.

Now,
How many muzzo run countries in thevworld are wonderful places to visit?
How many refugees run to muzzo run countries for safety?
How many muzzo run countries are tolerant as we are?

Ill tell you.......NONE

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:48pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:02pm:
I recall when they first introduced this, all the apologists were reassuring us that it was voluntary and would only apply to Muslims.

Tell me Effendi for I do not know.  Is the legitimate Law of the State of Aceh, Sharia Law?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:53pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:48pm:

Tell me Effendi for I do not know.  Is the legitimate Law of the State of Aceh, Sharia Law?

Oh great, team leader is back. Arabia is for Arabs. Let them slaughter the Jews and Christians. Let the Indonesians cane faggots. So long as the 'law' is enforced, what is the problem, wot?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:53pm

oh you mean if it came here... lolol.. why would it be okay to whip someone here  under sharia Law...

if it happened in our own system, we would be condemned .. Angry Angry

even Human rights are mentioned in that op.. but they dont sound nearly as LOUD or as ANGRY as they do when they they criticise Australia... Angry Angry 

this is more than  barbaric it is cruel and isnt it attacking on a minority group?

can you imagine if a western country was doing something like that..   and they complain about Manus.. what a crazy world.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:56pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:53pm:

Oh great, team leader is back. Arabia is for Arabs. Let them slaughter the Jews and Christians. Let the Indonesians cane faggots. So long as the 'law' is enforced, what is the problem, wot?

oh you are a glutton for punishment... Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:56pm

Lazy people equate minority status with victimhood, and the are 2 billion Muslims playing the victim card, just like Muhammad did when he went on a rampage.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #8 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:00pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:56pm:
Lazy people equate minority status with victimhood, and the are 2 billion Muslims playing the victim card, just like Muhammad did when he went on a rampage.

Ahhhhh.
Muthumaid
The sociopath, pedophile, retarded, nutcase that talked with the devil, watched the sun sink into the muddy pond and raped 9 year old children.

Muthumaid
The prophet that the most retarded, violent and barbaric CULT on earth revere.

What a total disgusting waste of oxygen he was, if it was a he and not just a turd that some pig passed.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:00pm

Ever so droll, Effendi.  So....how about answering the question?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:02pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:56pm:

this is about Sharia Law fd.. who came up with that?.. was it Muhammad as well..

seems to me they just want to control everyones sex lives.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. maybe Muhammad was bi sexual..and wanted a bit each way.,

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:04pm

Where is bwyannnnnn
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin so funny!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:04pm

sorry Fd thought you were pushing it
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:04pm

I hope Cods doesn't see this thread. She'd be well ticked off. It belongs in Islam.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:05pm

Oh, my mistake.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #15 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:05pm

Aceh is a microcosm of the middle east. It was the first Muslim outpost in south east Asia. Being the oldest Islamic enclave there, it is also the most conservative and backwards. Just like the Saudis are the most backwards in the middle east, and every place that fell and remained under the first Caliphate remained a shithole to this day. The longer Islam infests a place, the worse it is for humanity.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:08pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:00pm:

Don't worry your ever so busy self Effendi.  I have found the answer.

Indeed, in the State of Aceh, the LAW is Sharia Law.

So...the Thread Title is a fraud.  It is the criminal law of the democratic State of Aceh.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:11pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:05pm:
Oh, my mistake.

yes pet you make plenty!

but  we are used to them

this is about LAW..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:12pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:05pm:
Aceh is a microcosm of the middle east. It was the first Muslim outpost in south east Asia. Being the oldest Islamic enclave there, it is also the most conservative and backwards. Just like the Saudis are the most backwards in the middle east, and every place that fell and remained under the first Caliphate remained a shithole to this day. The longer Islam infests a place, the worse it is for humanity.

now that belongs in ISLAM   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:14pm

so do we agree PUBLIC WHIPPING IS A.OK.. Smiley Smiley

I believe gwegs having a break so we cant rely on him putting us straight.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:15pm

cods wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:11pm:
Oh, my mistake.

yes pet you make plenty!

but  we are used to them

this is about LAW..

Australian law?

I want to be clear. I don'y want to make any more mistakes or anything.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:17pm

cods wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:14pm:
so do we agree PUBLIC WHIPPING IS A.OK.. Smiley Smiley

I believe gwegs having a break so we cant rely on him putting us straight.

That is the Law of that State whose Government is democratically elected.

What would you say if they started telling us what Laws we ought have, cods?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #22 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:18pm

Share Ya Law,Mate - we all deserve a fair go...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:19pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:15pm:
Oh, my mistake.

yes pet you make plenty!

but  we are used to them

this is about LAW..

Australian law?

I want to be clear. I don'y want to make any more mistakes or anything.

Cods?  Is it Australian Law?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:23pm

Hush now Aussie. Threads like these belong in Islam.

Cods has said so multiple times.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:23pm

in case some folks havent heard   but there have been a few pushes for SHARIA LAW TO be used in Australia...

it does have a huge possibility of coming here we already have Muslims in Fed  Govt...

from little acorns.. as the saying goes..

I dont know of anything "Democratic" in Muslims countries.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:24pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:23pm:

poor dear !.. go and harass agnes.. you like her. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:24pm

cods wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:56pm:

Everything the NAZIs and the Stalinists did was 'lawful', having been passed into law by their respective bodies.... it's just that the rest of the world happened to disagree, and at Nuremburg hanged many a German for crimes against humanity... pity they didn't get some of the Stalinists before Stalin did.....

Citing 'it is the law' is not a defence....... Australian politicians beware - you have been flouting the rule of law and doing end runs around it for years now to generate opportunities for State intrusion and imposition on the populace....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:27pm

cods wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:23pm:
in case some folks havent heard   but there have been a few pushes for SHARIA LAW TO be used in Australia...

it does have a huge possibility of coming here we already have Muslims in Fed  Govt...

I dont know of anything "Democratic" in Muslims countries.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #29 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:28pm

The railroading of Ahok into jail was....demokratis.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:29pm

cods wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:24pm:

Agnes is harassing me Cods. But being a bully, you know that already.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:29pm

What?  No elections in Muslim Countries, cods?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:34pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:24pm:
cods wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:56pm:

Everything the NAZIs and the Stalinists did was 'lawful', having been passed into law by their respective bodies.... it's just that the rest of the world happened to disagree, and at Nuremburg hanged many a German for crimes against humanity... pity they didn't get some of the Stalinists before Stalin did.....

Citing 'it is the law' is not a defence....... Australian politicians beware - you have been flouting the rule of law and doing end runs around it for years now to generate opportunities for State intrusion and imposition on the populace....

Ah....yes.  But, had the outcome of that War been different, it would not have been Nazis on Trial at Nuremburg.  Nuremburg was the consequence of a military victory, and the results were therefore perfectly foreseeable.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:35pm

I agree with her.  I wonder why she did not follow her own advice?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:39pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:35pm:

I agree with her.  I wonder why she did not follow her own advice?

She didn't feel like it at the time i reckon.

That's usually the way with her perpetual hypocrisy.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #35 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:55pm

you are such a pain in the ass tryhard    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #36 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:56pm

Oh, my mistake.

yes pet you make plenty!

but  we are used to them

this is about LAW..

lol love it  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #37 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:58pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:27pm:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/4d/4dad2d006aec22cbee56d3f69e3e295f13152cd09ee59e545...

and you would know

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:00pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:55pm:

Don't know why you'd bring abuse to this Thread, Agnes.  Did you see where Effendi answered my question?  I didn't so if you did, could you quote it for me, Agnes?  Thanks.

This question Agnes:

Quote:

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #39 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:01pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:29pm:

Not likely but I do have a bullshiit radar and are you saying you dont like me- or cods   Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #40 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:02pm

cods wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:12pm:
freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:05pm:

now that belongs in ISLAM   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin..

and he is spot on...

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:04pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:01pm:

Not likely but I do have a bullshiit radar and are you saying you dont like me- or cods   Cry Cry Cry Cry

Agnes are you denying all of the foul abuse you've dumpec on me today?

What does who i do or don't like matter in the face of that?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #42 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:05pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:00pm:
Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:55pm:

Don't know why you'd bring abuse to this Thread, Agnes.  Did you see where Effendi answered my question?  I didn't so if you did, could you quote it for me, Agnes?  Thanks.

This question Agnes:

Quote:

might have something to do with the act that I dont know who the heck effendi is-or is this you just trying to make yourself look interesting again  Grin Grin Grin Grin

So edgy arsie !

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:09pm

There's a hint ^^^^^ there Agnes.  See if you can work it out.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #44 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:11pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:04pm:

You say that my  replying to your stupidity and dissecting your crap is abuse -you think pp who reply with an opinion are actually abusing you -cutting through your drama queening is easy- now stay on topic dear- or are you trying to derail cods' thread.?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #45 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:12pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:09pm:

Poor FD humours you Arsie  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:12pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:11pm:

You say that my  replying to your stupidity and dissecting your crap is abuse -you think pp who reply with an opinion are actually abusing you -cutting through your drama queening is easy- now stay on topic dear- or are you trying to derail cods' thread.?

Case in point.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #47 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:16pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:12pm:
Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:11pm:

Case in point.

You dont have a case or a point-- you have started derailing cids thread like long before I came on..look at yourself and your own behaviour for once .might be useful Mothra...I will provide the point at which you started to troll cods on this thread shall I..

reply 13

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1495264130/0

You always start the crap with cods... always..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:17pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:12pm:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:09pm:

Poor FD humours you Arsie  Roll Eyes

Of course he does Agnes, we are all his much loved children.

Could you ask him to answer my question, Agnes?  It might help get this Thread back on track.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:17pm

Yes i do.

And again.

Poor Agnes.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:18pm

You wanted the gloves off, yes?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #51 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:21pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:18pm:

To prove what point ? Do you even have one? You started on me before I got here,..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #52 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:22pm

The 'crap' started at Post # 6.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:23pm

Are you saying, Agnes, that Cods didn't post repeatedly in certain threads started in General that they should be moved ti Islam?

She even had a whinge about it on a mod thread.

Are you surprised that she is being held account to her own word?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:23pm

Where are you Herbert?  Can you please sort your Harem out?  All this graffiti is getting out of hand.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:23pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:21pm:

To prove what point ? Do you even have one? You started on me before I got here,..

You just outright lie, don't you.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #56 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:25pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:23pm:
Are you saying, Agnes, that Cods didn't post repeatedly in certain threads started in General that they should be moved ti Islam?

Am I surprised that you are cowardly bully..NO- and if you want gloves off we will do it face to face- we live in roughly the same part of the world I believe...do not threaten me from behind a keyboard....time and place ?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #57 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:26pm

stop picking on those you believe to be weaker than you-

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #58 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:27pm

Oh well, far kit...the Thread is trashed anyway.

That was cods who first mentioned you Agnes, not Mothra.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #59 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:28pm

Yes ok - pick the time and place..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #60 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:28pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:25pm:

Am I surprised that you are cowardly bully..NO- and if you want gloves off we will do it face to face- we live in roughly the same part of the world I believe...do not threaten me from behind a keyboard....time and place ?

Gawd!  Hair pulling and finger-nails at dawn, is it?

Cheesy

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #61 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:29pm

terrible liar that I am..

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:30pm

Oh calm your farm. You really care about this place that much.. that you would go from being friends with a person to wanting them to be harmed in the space of a few hours?

Seriously?

you seriously need to reassess.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #63 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:31pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:04pm:
I hope Cods doesn't see this thread. She'd be well ticked off. It belongs in Islam.

and this is where YOU started harrassing cods...

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:31pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:28pm:

Gawd!  Hair pulling and finger-nails at dawn, is it?

Cheesy

Handbags at 20 paces ... Grin

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #65 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:33pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:30pm:

Oh calm your farm. You really care about this place that much.. that you would go from being friends with a person to wanting them to be harmed in the space of a few hours?

Seriously?

so you dont want to take me up after threatening gloves off...not in the least surprised !!!! You must be drinking because it is you who is going off the rails here...you threatened me harm..I just said ok..its all there in the the replies dear.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #66 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:37pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:31pm:

No....it was Mothra reminding cods that she has complained that Islam Threads ought be moved to the Islam sub-forum.

And, in any event, what does it have to do with you, Agnes?  You riding shotgun for cods now?  Is she unable to look after herself, and if not, why would she want the assistance of you in particular, Agnes?

I wonder when this Thread will be put where it belongs now....in Relationships?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:37pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:33pm:

Seriously?

so you dont want to take me up after threatening gloves off...not in the least surprised !!!! You must be drinking because it is you who is going off the rails here...you threatened me harm..I just said ok..its all there in the the replies dear.

You're either out of your mind or really stupid. Which is it?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #68 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:39pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:37pm:

No....it was Mothra reminding cods that she has complained that Islam Threads ought be moved to the Islam sub-forum.

And, in any event, what does it have to do with you, Agnes?  You riding shotgun for cods now?  Is she unable to look after herself, and if not, why would she want the assistance of you in particular, Agnes?

Just like you ride shotgun for this thing.. I dont like to see anyone picked on simply because a certain person cannot hold her drugs/grog and is itching to slap someone down all the time..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #69 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:40pm

Quote:
you threatened me harm

Like this sort of harm, Agnes?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #70 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:43pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:40pm:
Quote:
you threatened me harm

https://media.giphy.com/media/myMQkYuinutZ6/giphy.gif

No Aussie..if she threatens me gloves off..I do take it literally..I will take her up on it, if she still wants too.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #71 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:46pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:37pm:

Seriously?

Two things you are obviously an expert on ..

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:46pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:43pm:
Quote:
you threatened me harm

No Aussie..if she threatens me gloves off..I do take it literally..I will take her up on it, if she still wants too.

Good lord! Are you related to Rhino?

There are ... similarities.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #73 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:49pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:46pm:
Quote:
you threatened me harm

Good lord are you related to Aussie..there are similarities - [[ox-mule-goat-stubborn-stupid]] oh and beard Wink

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:49pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:46pm:
mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:37pm:

Seriously?

Two things you are obviously an expert on ..

No prizes for second, dopey.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #75 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:49pm

Gawd....please any GMod.....???  Can this be moved to where it belongs?

Quote:
Just like you ride shotgun for this thing..

Classic.  It was only an hour or two ago that you, in the Tavern, admonished Unforgiven for referring to someone as 'it.'  You said it was abuse.  Is 'this thing' in any way different, Agnes?  If so, how, in what way, Agnes?

Quote:
I dont like to see anyone picked on simply because a certain person cannot hold her drugs/grog and is itching to slap someone down all the time..

Let's not play games Agnes.  You are clearly referring to Mothra, and you have absolutely no way of knowing whether she cannot hold her drugs/alcohol or is itching for anything.

Ger back in your box, and back on topic, is the best advice I can give you Agnes.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #76 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:52pm

there was no second there I got you- bang to rights dopey. Now my ass is getting a bit numb.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:52pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:49pm:
Quote:
you threatened me harm

Good lord are you related to Aussie..there are similarities - [[ox-mule-goat-stubborn-stupid]]

Qualify.

You and Rhino are similar because you both wish harm on someone who typed stuff at you.

Now how am i similar to Aussie?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #78 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:54pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:52pm:
Quote:
you threatened me harm

Good lord are you related to Aussie..there are similarities - [[ox-mule-goat-stubborn-stupid]]

Qualify.

You and Rhino are similar because you both wish harm on someone who typed stuff at you.

and you call me stupid..you threatened me-its all there.now you have buyers remorse..sorry about that-liar.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #79 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:57pm

this is where YOU THREATENED me..

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:58pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:49pm:

Quote:

Classic.  It was only an hour or two ago that you, in the Tavern, admonished Unforgiven for referring to someone as 'it.'  You said it was abuse.  Is 'this thing' in any way different, Agnes?  If so, how, in what way, Agnes?

Quote:
I dont like to see anyone picked on simply because a certain person cannot hold her drugs/grog and is itching to slap someone down all the time..

Let's not play games Agnes.  You are clearly referring to Mothra, and you have absolutely no way of knowing whether she cannot hold her drugs/alcohol or is itching for anything.

Ger back in your box, and back on topic, is the best advice I can give you Agnes.

Agnes has been going me hard all day. Much to Cods' delight.

It's seriously weird. I'm supposed to care because of "allegiances" and stuff.

They're coming to get me, Aussie.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:59pm

I threatened you? Oh please elaborate. This will be fun.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #82 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:00pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:58pm:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:49pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Agnes has been going me hard all day. Much to Cods' delight.

It's seriously weird. I'm supposed to care because of "allegiances" and stuff.

They're coming to get me, Aussie.

You try to play the victim Mothra and it wont work.

And how are you like Aussie you asked..I wished you hadn't  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #83 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:03pm

Nite Beavis and Butthead I am getting sick of handing your hairy ass Aussie and Mothra keep leading with your jaw but please first- have a shave maaatte. Cool

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:03pm

You've got to tell me how i threatened you before you tell me how i'm like Aussie.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:05pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:03pm:
Nite Beavis and Butthead I am getting sick of handing your hairy ass Aussie and Mothra keep leading with your jaw but please first- have a shave maaatte. Cool

You never answered. Insane or stupid?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #86 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:06pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:57pm:

here for the last time

This is where you threatened me....Aussie..err mantrap.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #87 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:08pm

Quote:
you threatened me harm

Qualify.

If I have to speak to you one more time Mantrap.. you I will have to take away your pet monkey...arsie

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #88 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:09pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:06pm:

here for the last time

Ah.  Bugger!  I've been exposed!  Not only am I Unforgiven, I am also Mothra and........'mantrap' which was a term used to abuse Mantra elsewhere when Agnes  was there.

You're on a roll, Agnes.  Who else am I?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #89 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:10pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:08pm:
Quote:
you threatened me harm

Qualify.

If I have to speak to you one more time Mantrap.. you I will have to take away your pet monkey...arsie

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #90 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:10pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:09pm:
Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:06pm:

here for the last time

Ah.  Bugger!  I've been exposed!  Not only am I Unforgiven, I am also Mothra and........'mantrap' which was a term used to abuse Mantra elsewhere when Agnes  was there.

You're on a roll, Agnes.  Who else am I?

You are a drongo.and a fewl. I am heading off.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:11pm

Where is the threat?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #92 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:12pm

Yes, I'm also skippy, but don't tell anyone.  Just keep that between you and me okay?  It'll be our little secret.

Wink

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:14pm

Agnes, are you seriously trying to say "the gloves are comng off" is a threat?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:19pm

Moderators.. moderators.. this strand is getting out of control... somebody call security.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #95 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:25pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:05pm:
Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:03pm:

You never answered. Am I insane or stupid?

Both.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:26pm

Really sad.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:28pm

repeatedly you say ???????  links please yes I did start a thread about the many many thread on MUSLIMS...

this is not about MUSLIMS its about SHARIA LAW...

and as I havent seen any MUSLIMS threads sent to ISLAM..  that means NOTHING HAS CHANGED>>

even your bitter complaining about cods hasnt changed...

has it pet?..

ooops thats right you never complain do you?...never whinge? .. never bitch?

always right...never wrong...goodness me  ozpol won the jackpot didnt they.. Sad

so I posted this thread in general'who bloody cares?  I didnt see fd complaining.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

so what do  you plan to do about it!!!!!! other

than complain and whinge and bitch

about cods... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

or are you the account keeping POLICE at ozpol???..

when did that happen?

aussie thinks hes the accounting police... Grin Grin

what a joke you pair are.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #98 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:33pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:08pm:

So...the Thread Title is a fraud.  It is the criminal law of the democratic State of Aceh.

Aussie if we voted to start building gas chambers would you be standing up for the law?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:37pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:37pm:

for someone who is hanging off mothras coat tails  I find that hilarious...

andrei thinks your a joke as well..I am sure you have read your own nonfan mail...

you are the best at jumping in to help out someone to   gang  up on one of your ex mates...

.yes we all remember how close you were to agnes during your exiles from PA on two occasions..during the good old days of PA bashing....

yes we all remember those   I  sure bet skippy does as well  ....

but now  agnes is out and mothras the flavor of the month....

you are such a phony 

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #100 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:42pm

he used me and a few others to rig an election at PA cods  - branch stacking I think its called..lol and he was complicit in the mole saga etc etc...he told me who the mole was too. Aussie is all class.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #101 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:43pm

Cods. Grow up.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:44pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:43pm:
Cods. Grow up.

let me know when you plan on doing just that   and I will see.. Sad

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #103 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:45pm

Cods. Grow up.

take your own advice..

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:47pm

cods wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:44pm:
Cods. Grow up.

It's not me whining like a little girl. Again. Plotting alliegances. Obsessing over people.

That's all you. Don't you think it's time you grew up?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #105 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:47pm

Does this sort of learned discussion always have to descend into the gutter?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #106 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:49pm

Where have you been, cods.  You're late!

Quote:
for someone who is hanging off mothras coat tails  I find that hilarious...

I hang off the coat-tails of no-one cods.  I am part of no team and there is no Team Aussie.

Quote:
andrei thinks your a joke as well..I am sure you have read your own nonfan mail...

I have not seen him have the courage to post that in public, cods.  Did he PM you with that?

Quote:
you are the best at jumping in to help out someone to   gang  up on one of your ex mates...

I have no www mates, cods.  El Lobo.

Quote:
.yes we all remember how close you were to agnes during your exiles from PA on two occasions..during the good old days of PA bashing....

I have never been 'close' to Agnes or anyone on the www, cods.

Quote:
yes we all remember those   I  sure bet skippy does as well  ....

I don't care what skippeeee does.  He is insignificant.

Quote:
but now  agnes is out and mothras the flavor of the month....

No-one is 'in' or 'out' with me  cods.  If people post garbage, I'll say so.

Quote:
you are such a phony

If you say so, cods, it must be true.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:49pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:42pm:
he used me and a few others to rig an election at PA cods  - branch stacking I think its called..lol and he was complicit in the mole saga etc etc...he told me who the mole was too. Aussie is all class.

oh yes I think we also remember what he did at reds place..as well... tittletattleing as a threat wasnt it??..

he also tried to get me to do something unlawful  you know those rules he swears he wouldnt ever break!!! Wink Wink

unless its on PM of course then its ok.... all to get back at PA>.. didnt work though....but that doesnt mean he didnt try...yes he also tried to sign me up back then... and then I was told I did vote at PA and I wasnt a members but sure enough my name was there.. lolol.  he though fd was a push over.... Grin Grin Grin..

I guess there are a few members here who could finger aussie.... Wink Wink.. he has no shame when it comes to asking for favors..

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #108 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:50pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:47pm:
Cods. Grow up.

It's not me whining like a little girl. Again. Plotting alliegances. Obsessing over people.

well when is that going to happen Mothra..? You tell us

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:51pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:47pm:
Cods. Grow up.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

your delusional pet
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:49pm:
I hang off the coat-tails of no-one cods.  I am part of no team and there is no Team Aussie.

so are you pet...
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

you must both see the same psychiatrist....

ask for a refund next time it aint working.. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:55pm

Dangerously obsessed. Well, i suppose if it's all you've got. Undecided

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:56pm

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

London
Re: John Smith ~ MIA
Reply #105 - Today at 1:36am Quote  Aussie wrote on May 9th, 2017 at 8:48pm:
...... I stay out of arguments on an issue I know SFA about.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I've heard some in my time but this one..

there ya go aussie..

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:57pm

Methinks some here have been rained in all day and have been too long at the bottle - welcome back, cods...

You add to the fun.... but seriously - share ya law, mate.. it's free for all and a free-for-all.

Thing about Sharia Law handled by mullahs etc is that their decisions are very subjective and not objective, and often err on the side of the accuser.  I know full well that in reality ours is little different, but at least we have the theoretical framework on which to build a proper rule of Law, whereas Sharia remains a hodge-podge dependent on the local court jockey.

Again - not much different here in reality, but it's the difference in potential between the two systems that is important.

While ever one hangs a man on religious grounds and often on the assumption that the god figure will resolve it if wrong has been done, and the other at least pretends to look at facts... then they decently hang the defendant....  then ours simply has to be the better option Shocked

I recall reading a book about the Iranian revolution, and a rich man accused went before the mullahs, was pronounced innocent, and the guards outside never thought that would happen since nobody else got that finding, and shot him anyway.  Better to be safe than sad, eh?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #113 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:58pm

What a pile of smouldering crap that is Agnes.  Really?  How desperate are you?

I recall that you had a Forum, and there....you were plotting the overthrow of whoever was Admin at the time at the sewer.  I knew nothing about it until you asked me to go there......and later...I did.

And there, you led the discussion.....skippy was a fellow conspirator.....as to how you would install me as your Patsy Admin.  Yeas, Agnes?

Of course there was a Mole.  I have never told anyone who it was, but you claim I did.

Pretty easy solution.

Tell us all who I said was the Mole, Agnes.  Better still.....post in public what I told you.  That'll be like the non-existant nasty PMs, I guess.  They'll never materialise.

Cheesy

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #114 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:58pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:33pm:

Aussie if we voted to start building gas chambers would you be standing up for the law?

Aussie, what is your obsession with the legitimacy of law?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #115 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:05pm

cods wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:49pm:

oh yes I think we also remember what he did at reds place..as well... tittletattleing as a threat wasnt it??..

he also tried to get me to do something unlawful  you know those rules he swears he wouldnt ever break!!! Wink Wink

unless its on PM of course then its ok.... all to get back at PA>.. didnt work though....but that doesnt mean he didnt try...yes he also tried to sign me up back then... and then I was told I did vote at PA and I wasnt a members but sure enough my name was there.. lolol.  he though fd was a push over.... Grin Grin Grin..

I guess there are a few members here who could finger aussie.... Wink Wink.. he has no shame when it comes to asking for favors..

Cods, if you voted at the sewer and you say you did not register there....it was not me who hi-jacked your nick.  That would have been AiA or NOIQ.

I doubt it happened at all, because it seems you had no problem registering as cods whenever you did, and it is obviously you, posting there.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #116 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:07pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:58pm:

What a pile of smouldering crap that is Agnes.  Really?  How desperate are you?

I recall that you had a Forum, and there....you were plotting the overthrow of whoever was Admin at the time at the sewer.  I knew nothing about it until you asked me to go there......and later...I did.

And there, you led the discussion.....skippy was a fellow conspirator.....as to how you would install me as your Patsy Admin.  Yeas, Agnes?

Of course there was a Mole.  I have never told anyone who it was, but you claim I did.

Pretty easy solution.

Tell us all who I said was the Mole, Agnes.  Better still.....post in public what I told you.  That'll be like the non-existant nasty PMs, I guess.  They'll never materialise.

Cheesy

I have a very long memory Aussie. yes it was a little far flung forum and that was where you were trying desperately trying too get your smelly butt back in as Admin at PA..umm skippy was there, lets ask him..and you told me it was a  PA mod was the mole...there you have it...not going digging for it woudnt know where to start but that is the truth of the matter. I havent named the mod because I quite like him...

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:08pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:58pm:

The law as abused here has always been the bastard child of a convict colony birth... and will remain so until The Revolution..

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:09pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:57pm:
Methinks some here have been rained in all day and have been too long at the bottle - welcome back, cods...

You add to the fun.... but seriously - share ya law, mate.. it's free for all and a free-for-all.

Thing about Sharia Law handled by mullahs etc is that their decisions are very subjective and not objective, and often err on the side of the accuser.  I know full well that in reality ours is little different, but at least we have the theoretical framework on which to build a proper rule of Law, whereas Sharia remains a hodge-podge dependent on the local court jockey.

Again - not much different here in reality, but it's the difference in potential between the two systems that is important.

While ever one hangs a man on religious grounds and often on the assumption that the god figure will resolve it if wrong has been done, and the other at least pretends to look at facts... then they decently hang the defendant....  then ours simply has to be the better option Shocked

I recall reading a book about the Iranian revolution, and a rich man accused went before the mullahs, was pronounced innocent, and the guards outside never thought that would happen since nobody else got that finding, and shot him anyway.  Better to be safe than sad, eh?

n ot sure what mullahs are grap... so cant comment....I just hope we never see Sharia Law here in oz thats all....I mean i know its part of the all feminine religion known as Islam...and that is supposed to mean something special   but all the same  when I see what happens to a women who stand near someone she isnt married too....well I dunno.I dont think I care for that.

maybe I am being a bit harsh in my judgement.. what do you think?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #119 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:11pm

aussie FD asked you a question...^^^^^ ?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #120 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:11pm

Oh well.....I am aware that we have anarchy without it Effendi.  But, when a democracy elects people on a platform of policy concerning Law, (whatever it is) that's what happens.....in this case, Aceh State Law.

Should we invade Aceh and overthrow the democratically elected Government, Effendi?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:14pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:05pm:
cods wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:49pm:

Cods, if you voted at the sewer and you say you did not register there....it was not me who hi-jacked your nick.  That would have been AiA or NOIQ.

I doubt it happened at all, because it seems you had no problem registering as cods whenever you did, and it is obviously you, posting there.

yes I saw my name there   not sure if it voted though.... from memory I think it as pansi who told me...and no those votes were not counted that is in PA folk law....I think even fd would remember that time..  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

why would AiA put me down to vote for you??...  Cheesy Cheesy

I know hes weird but hes not cuckoo!

there was a few ozpol names listed before the election...in those times you and I were getting along  in fact I think I may have been standing up for you against the onslaught from PA members who knew you better than I did in those days.. Smiley

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #122 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:23pm

Quote:
I have a very long memory Aussie. yes it was a little far flung forum and that was where you were trying desperately trying too get your smelly butt back in as Admin at PA..umm skippy was there, lets ask him..and you told me it was a  PA mod was the mole...there you have it...not going digging for it woudnt know where to start but that is the truth of the matter. I havent named the mod because I quite like him...

It was your little far flung Forum to which you invited me....I recall getting there and seeing a post from skippy....'Where is Aussie?'  (I was desperate for nothing.  I did not even know you were plotting until you asked me to go there.)  My first post there was, 'Here I am,' and you all hatched your plan....and we won the next sewer election......boxy may have been the incumbent....not sure.

Okay....get on with it Agnes.  Name the Mole you reckon I fingered to you.

I know you are posting more of your stupid crap....but....name away, and let's see if your nominee agrees with you.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2017 at 11:29pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #123 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:29pm

Quote:

At the last sewer election in which I was a candidate, both AiA and NOIQ registered accounts using the names of OzPol Members to distort the outcome.

Go there and ask NOIQ especially, because it was him who outed AiA's 'corrupt' scheme.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #124 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:29pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:23pm:
Quote:

It was your little far flung Forum to which you invited me....I recall getting there and seeing a post from skippy....'Where is Aussie?'  (I was desperate for nothing.  I did not even know you were plotting until you asked me to go there.)  My first post there was, 'Here I am,' and you all hatched your plan....and we won the next sewer election......boxy may have been the incumbent....not sure.

I know you are posting more of your stupid crap....but....name away, and let's see if your nominee agrees with you.

lol Aussie got fingered...and thank you , my work here is done. no more fingering to anyone now Aussie ... it is so unseemly tsk  and gets you in all kinds of strife. Which reminds me is the trouble and strife home yet..?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #125 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:35pm

Agnes wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:29pm:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:23pm:
Quote:

lol Aussie got fingered...and thank you , my work here is done. no more fingering to anyone now Aussie ... it is so unseemly tsk  and gets you in all kinds of strife. Which reminds me is the trouble and strife home yet..?

TIB is not yet back from Scotland.

Nice to see you say that your work is done when in fact what is done is you making outrageous untruthful claims and when given the obvious option as to how to prove them as correct, you wimp off with that silly stuff which fools no-one, Agnes.

Go ahead.  Name the Mole you reckon I fingered just to you because you are so special to me.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:35pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:29pm:
Quote:

At the last sewer election in which I was a candidate, both AiA and NOIQ registered accounts using the names of OzPol Members to distort the outcome.

Go there and ask NOIQ especially, because it was him who outed AiA's 'corrupt' scheme.

why would they do that ?   

I am not saying you did it.. but you did ask me to sign up there..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #127 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:42pm

cods wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:35pm:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:29pm:
Quote:

why would they do that ?   

I am not saying you did it.. but you did ask me to sign up there..

Yes I did, you and many others from here, and you and many others did, cods.

It was probably at the same election that AiA realised what was happening so he and NOIQ (whom he asked to assist him.....as NOIQ himself exposed when, later, he was pissed off with AiA) registered OzPol tags and used them to vote for me......with the deliberate intent of stuffing the election, and it worked.

Need I explain why?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:49pm

Yes I did, you and many others from here, and you and many others did, cods.

NO I DID NOT....

it was last year I signed into PA.. until then never..

Quote:
Need I explain why?

it could help.. Angry

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #129 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:59pm

It works like this.....and I am using examples only.....not reality.

Setanta (aka AiA or NOIQ) suddenly registers at the sewer after other legitimate, genuine OzPol registrations.

'He' votes for me at the election.

AiA or NOIQ call that vote a scam.....and, here, 'innocently' ask the real Setanta if he had made the registration.

He says, as is obvious,  "No, I did not."

Outcome = all OzPol registrants are under suspicion and their votes are easily ignored.

Ask them, cods.....they did that, not me.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - May 21st, 2017 at 1:09am

.....in breaking news.... conspiracy theory has been shown in a recent poll to be totally out of control on OzPol and PA..... an unidentified source close to the inner circle has revealed that in the past twelve months there have been countless attempted coups and branch stacking..... Federal ICAC has publicly declared that it is not within their province to investigate Australian politics or Australian political discussion....... AFP Shadow Commissioner Anne Onymous(who can not be named publicly) says that investigations are under way to find whether or not there is clear evidence of the removal of many uncounted billions of dollars from the economy to fund a retirement package in an unidentified offshore location, for the benefit of all politicians and their mates and cronies....in other breaking news.... Queensland has once again cemented its place in the smart State contest by giving away $320 million dollars to an offshore company to rip out coal resources in the Galilee Basin.... Premier of Queensland says there is not hint of corruption involved as with past governments, and the paper bags seen moving into Ministerial and senior ;public service offices are merely barf bags in the event that staff become ill on the job..... 

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - May 21st, 2017 at 1:10am

blip.... blip... BLIP.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #132 - May 21st, 2017 at 1:20am

cods wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:53pm:
can you imagine if a western country was doing something like that..   

Does Singapore count as a "western country", Cods?  I seem to remember menial crimes, such as chewing gun, graphitti or malicious damage earn the culprits the cane there.  I also seem to remember Herbie and other right-wings cheering them on when it happened to a young American boy...  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - May 21st, 2017 at 1:26am

Brian Ross wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 1:20am:

Does Singapore count as a "western country", Cods?  I seem to remember menial crimes, such as chewing gun, graphitti or malicious damage earn the culprits the cane there.  I also seem to remember Herbie and other right-wings cheering them on when it happened to a young American boy...  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

No - so Why the Shaitan has our petrol price been tied to that isolated pissy little island for over forty years now on some myth of 'parity' (a precursor to the current myth of the global economy forcing us to accept top dollar prices for everything)?

(A>  To benefit the government by giving it a greater levy on excise and to keep the peasants in poverty and thus in line)......

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:19am

NO PET it doesnt..

Where is Singapore? / Where is Singapore Located in The World ...
www.worldatlas.com/as/sg/where-is-singapore.html
Located in the continent of Asia, Singapore covers 687 square kilometers of land and 10 square kilometers of water, making it the 196th largest nation in the world with a total area of 697 square kilometers.

that kinda blows your theory doesnt it?. Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #135 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:32am

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:59pm:
It works like this.....and I am using examples only.....not reality.

Setanta (aka AiA or NOIQ) suddenly registers at the sewer after other legitimate, genuine OzPol registrations.

'He' votes for me at the election.

AiA or NOIQ call that vote a scam.....and, here, 'innocently' ask the real Setanta if he had made the registration.

He says, as is obvious,  "No, I did not."

Outcome = all OzPol registrants are under suspicion and their votes are easily ignored.

Ask them, cods.....they did that, not me.

why would ozpol members sign up to PA just to vote for you aussie????.....really thats a long bow you are drawing... what proof do you have that any were genuine????

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:33am

grap I am not sure you are in the right thread?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #137 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:56am

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:11pm:

Oh well.....I am aware that we have anarchy without it Effendi.  But, when a democracy elects people on a platform of policy concerning Law, (whatever it is) that's what happens.....in this case, Aceh State Law.

Should we invade Aceh and overthrow the democratically elected Government, Effendi?

So it's either caning gays or anarchy? Is that why you are afraid to criticise them?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #138 - May 21st, 2017 at 10:52am

No.....there is no point posturing here about the Laws enacted by a democratically elected Government.  If caning is what the people voted for.....that's what the outcome of democracy is, Effendi.  I thought you'd know that....silly me.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:04am

cods wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 7:33am:
grap I am not sure you are in the right thread?

A very affirmative way of pointing out that Singapore (or Sweden or whatever) has nothing to do with this nation, and our propensity, due to cultural cringe and a deep-seated sense of inferiority, to take on values and standards from them, is part of the problem.

Singapore is mentioned - they cane people, we don't - Singapore is mentioned, we produce 90% + of our own petroleum, Singapore doesn't - our petrol price has been tied to their for the convenience of government for damned near fifty years now.

We are discussing Singapore and its contrast with Oz - there are many ways and many things that need to be aired properly for once.

― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #140 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:04am

Quote:
No.....there is no point posturing here about the Laws enacted by a democratically elected Government.

Why not? Are the human rights of foreigners irrelevant?

Would you have said the same thing about apartheid in South Africa? Or the Jews in Nazi Germany?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #141 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:11am

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 11:04am:
Quote:
No.....there is no point posturing here about the Laws enacted by a democratically elected Government.

Why not? Are the human rights of foreigners irrelevant?

Would you have said the same thing about apartheid in South Africa? Or the Jews in Nazi Germany?

Are you seriously suggesting there is some equivalence between Nazis gassing Jews and Dutch pricks murdering Blacks?

Human rights for foreigners?  Whaaaat....speshul treatment, different Laws if you are a foreigner in a Country?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #142 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:19am

Would you say that caning gay people is a human rights issue Aussie?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #143 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:31am

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 11:19am:

No more than any other sort of criminal justice punishment is a human rights issue.  Better than being hung or made dead in an electric chair, or poisoned, or whatever is your preferred method of delivering capital punishment.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #144 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:03pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 11:31am:

No more than any other sort of criminal justice punishment is a human rights issue.  Better than being hung or made dead in an electric chair, or poisoned, or whatever is your preferred method of delivering capital punishment.

So if we make being Jewish a crime, it is OK to send them off to the gas chambers? Respect for the law trumps all else? You never actually were a lawyer, were you? You just idolise them for some reason.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #145 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:08pm

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:03pm:

So if we make being Jewish a crime, it is OK to send them off to the gas chambers? Respect for the law trumps all else? You never actually were a lawyer, were you? You just idolise them for some reason.

And how do 'we' just 'make being Jewish a crime?'  Magic wand?  How do 'we' just ignore Section 116 of the Constitution, Effendi?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:15pm

Exackery - as I already said somewhere, everything the NAZIs (and the Stalinists) did was legal and voted on by their ruling body... the rest of the world disagreed that any nation can make anyone an enemy of the State, or can apply cruel and unusual punishment, or can even behave in a totally autocratic way.

The only real difference between Hitler and Stalin was the philosophy or ideology they espoused - the end results were the same for many millions...  Henry Kissinger titled Stalin as 'Russia's Greatest Tsar'.... murdered more millions than Adolph's crew.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #147 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:21pm

Quote:
the rest of the world disagreed that any nation can make anyone an enemy of the State, or can apply cruel and unusual punishment, or can even behave in a totally autocratic way.

That the rest of the World disagreed loudly from the roof-tops, made not a pinch of chits difference.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:22pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:08pm:

And how do 'we' just 'make being Jewish a crime?'  Magic wand?  How do 'we' just ignore Section 116 of the Constitution, Effendi?

It's the principle that counts - in my (still) developing thesis, the Rule of Law based on solid bedrock rights is the constitution for lawmaking... and none may create a law that does not fully accord with the rule of law.

The point of departure for me began when I first spied the incoming 'domestic violence' laws and the way they were designed deliberately for entrapment and in a manner so that they could be used as an end run around legal and civil rights - by generating a climate in which guilt could be accorded without proper proof in the first instance, and then expanded into criminal action against the accused without proper legal constraint.

Somewhere in the Law Reform Commission, buried as deep as The Ark in Raiders of the Lost Ark, methinks, is my submission in 1991-2 to that commission over this issue.

'Whenever we leave principles and clear positive laws we are soon lost in the wild regions of imagination and possibility where arbitrary power sits upon her brazen throne and governs with an iron scepter' .

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States.

'The power of government is abused and directed to an end for which it is not constituted when employed to promote rather than to detect crime and to bring about the downfall of those who, left to themselves, might well have obeyed the law.  Human nature is weak enough and sufficiently beset by temptations without government adding to them and generating crime'.

Justice Felix Frankfurter, US Supreme Court.

"... that someone carelessly had lied; that someone carelessly had blundered; and that all concerned were determined not to own themselves or anyone else...to be in the wrong.  A mistake had been made; and, by quibbles, by evasions, by threats, by every hole-and-corner means conceivable, the mistake was going to be perpetuated".

- Frederick Rolfe, Hadrian VII.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #149 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:24pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:21pm:
Quote:
the rest of the world disagreed that any nation can make anyone an enemy of the State, or can apply cruel and unusual punishment, or can even behave in a totally autocratic way.

That the rest of the World disagreed loudly from the roof-tops, made not a pinch of chits difference.

Unfortunately not - but the principle remains sound... as the NAZIs hanged found out....

You've been arguing with Mothra for too long, Aussie - you are becoming testy on all subjects.  sit down, draw a long cool glass of beer, turn on the telly... relax...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #150 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:26pm

Quote:
It's the principle that counts - in my (still) developing thesis, the Rule of Law based on solid bedrock rights is the constitution for lawmaking... and none may create a law that does not fully accord with the rule of law.

Yes it does and there goes Effendi's silly proposition.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #151 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:29pm

The first can of VB is still half full Mr Grappler, I am watching Knights play Penrith on the TV while I sit at this computer, and am having a great day all round.

Quote:
Unfortunately not - but the principle remains sound... as the NAZIs hanged found out....

As I have already posted...that was an outcome of military victory, nothing else.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #152 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:42pm

Very surprised by your stance on this Aussie expecting a Zieg Heil! to come bellowing out any tic of the clock

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #153 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:43pm

red baron wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:42pm:
Very surprised by your stance on this Aussie expecting a Zieg Heil! to come bellowing out any tic of the clock

Not gonna happen, Mr Baron.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #154 - May 21st, 2017 at 4:26pm

Some interesting vision and commentary (including that these blokes could opt for imprisonment or payment) in this:

Bloke seemed unharmed after some lashes......80 + could have a different outcome.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #155 - May 21st, 2017 at 4:29pm

Let's take the bullsh.t out of this argument

Countries are comprised of human beings who make the laws

The laws of any given Country can be good or despicably bad like in Nazi Germany

Because they are 'laws' doesn't mean they are just nor does it mean they are right

Laws are made by human beings and human beings are fallible

No Country makes uniformly good laws and few make extremely bad laws

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #156 - May 21st, 2017 at 4:37pm

red baron wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 4:29pm:
Let's take the bullsh.t out of this argument

Countries are comprised of human beings who make the laws

The laws of any given Country can be good or despicably bad like in Nazi Germany

Because they are 'laws' doesn't mean they are just nor does it mean they are right

Laws are made by human beings and human beings are fallible

No Country makes uniformly good laws and few make extremely bad laws

Jayzuz....talk about the penetrating obvious!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #157 - May 21st, 2017 at 4:44pm

cods wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 7:19am:

NO PET it doesnt..

Located in the continent of Asia, Singapore covers 687 square kilometers of land and 10 square kilometers of water, making it the 196th largest nation in the world with a total area of 697 square kilometers.

Not really.  Singapore considers itself a "Western country", Cods.  Just as Japan, Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines do.   Being a "Western country" is more about attitude than "race", you realise?   

Surely what the Singaporeans believe counts?   Or are we seeing rather a subjective viewpoint on display from you?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

As for caning, it is something that is practised in Singapore, as I've already mentioned.  So, don't go chewing gum there, OK?

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #158 - May 21st, 2017 at 5:22pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:26pm:
Quote:

So it is OK to cane gay people so long as it is based on "solid bedrock rights"?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #159 - May 21st, 2017 at 5:27pm

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 5:22pm:
Quote:

So it is OK to cane gay people so long as it is based on "solid bedrock rights"?

That was not my term.  I had the Constitution per se in mind. 

Oh, and Effendi, don't worry about not answering my questions which are often more important than anything else I post.  If you don't answer, you are easily able to slither away from reality and just play hypotheticals of a useless kind.

And no, it is not okay to cane people because they are poofs.  But.....if they engage in acts of poofery and the Law of the Land says 'Thou shalt not,' don't whinge about the consequences.  Get out of that place and go to another where the Law is 'Thee may engage in acts of poofery.'
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2017 at 5:39pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #160 - May 21st, 2017 at 5:47pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 5:27pm:
Quote:

Oh, and Effendi, don't worry about not answering my questions which are often more important than anything else I post.  If you don't answer, you are easily able to slither away from reality and just play hypotheticals of a useless kind.

And no, it is not okay to cane people because they are poofs.  But.....if they engage in acts of poofery and the Law of the Land says 'Thou shalt not,' don't whinge about the consequences.  Get out of that place and go to another where the Law is 'Thee may engage in acts of poofery.'

So it's their fault for not leaving the country before being gay?

Are you suggesting it is somehow more legally valid to expect vast waves of minority groups to flee Muslim countries, with the march of Islam on their heels? Do the other countries get a say in this?

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - May 21st, 2017 at 5:47pm

Quote:

Despite the Aussie if you don't like it, bugger off elsewhere doctrine, unfortunately the elsewheres are a small group of countries that cannot afford the hosting of the rest of the world, and are increasingly resistant to the bugger off elsewhere mentality of open border advocates.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #162 - May 21st, 2017 at 5:51pm

Rubbish.  They fly to Australia, overstay their Visa, claim asylum which they'll get, as likely to be persecuted at home.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #163 - May 21st, 2017 at 5:52pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 4:44pm:

NO PET it doesnt..

Not really.  Singapore considers itself a "Western country", Cods.  Just as Japan, Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines do.   Being a "Western country" is more about attitude than "race", you realise?   

Surely what the Singaporeans believe counts?   Or are we seeing rather a subjective viewpoint on display from you?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

As for caning, it is something that is practised in Singapore, as I've already mentioned.  So, don't go chewing gum there, OK? 

Gad Zoookes.... you are doing something I see others on here do brian...

invent  evidence to fit in with your thinking..lol Singapore thinks they are more Western... really...lol...

Member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

██ ASEAN full members
██ ASEAN observers
██ ASEAN candidate members
██ ASEAN Plus Three
███ East Asia Summit
██████ ASEAN Regional Forum
As of 2010, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has 10 member states, one candidate member state, and one observer state.

ASEAN was founded on 8 August 1967 with five members: Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.

I think Singapore of all nations  thinks it is far superior to Western countries.. Grin Grin

their attitude is far more strict than ours will ever be...and they all look down on us for that very reason..... guess what Brian they laugh in our face  they dont need us.;. we need them   thats their attitude..

and for all I know they could be right!

just because you think something brian doesnt make it so.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #164 - May 21st, 2017 at 5:53pm

Quote:

Effendi, now you are being ridiculous!  It seems to be a developing habit with you. 

Where did I say that?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #165 - May 22nd, 2017 at 12:11am

cods wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 5:52pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 4:44pm:

NO PET it doesnt..

Gad Zoookes.... you are doing something I see others on here do brian...

invent  evidence to fit in with your thinking..lol Singapore thinks they are more Western... really...lol...

Member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

██ ASEAN full members
██ ASEAN observers
██ ASEAN candidate members
██ ASEAN Plus Three
███ East Asia Summit
██████ ASEAN Regional Forum
As of 2010, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has 10 member states, one candidate member state, and one observer state.

ASEAN was founded on 8 August 1967 with five members: Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.

I think Singapore of all nations  thinks it is far superior to Western countries.. Grin Grin

their attitude is far more strict than ours will ever be...and they all look down on us for that very reason..... guess what Brian they laugh in our face  they dont need us.;. we need them   thats their attitude..

and for all I know they could be right!

just because you think something brian doesnt make it so.

Singaporeans consider themselves to be a "Western Nation", Cods.   How about you ask Singaporeans if they look down on "Western nations"?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #166 - May 22nd, 2017 at 7:43pm

Secret Wars wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 5:47pm:
Quote:

Despite the Aussie if you don't like it, bugger off elsewhere doctrine, unfortunately the elsewheres are a small group of countries that cannot afford the hosting of the rest of the world, and are increasingly resistant to the bugger off elsewhere mentality of open border advocates.

Not just that, it is illegal. You cannot force other countries to accept your citizens who disagree with your laws.

Plus, it kind of defeats the purpose of having human rights in the first place. We don't call them "human rights, so long as you don't mind running from Aussie's gestapo".

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 5:53pm:
Quote:

Effendi, now you are being ridiculous!  It seems to be a developing habit with you. 

Where did I say that?

If you had said it, I would not need to ask. I would say you slithered it.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #167 - May 22nd, 2017 at 7:51pm

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 7:43pm:
Secret Wars wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 5:47pm:
Quote:

Not just that, it is illegal. You cannot force other countries to accept your citizens who disagree with your laws.

Plus, it kind of defeats the purpose of having human rights in the first place. We don't call them "human rights, so long as you don't mind running from Aussie's gestapo".

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 5:53pm:
Quote:

Where did I say that?

If you had said it, I would not need to ask. I would say you slithered it.

Tell me Effendi, if I walked into Aceh and announced loud and long that I am a poof...what would happen to me.....before I committed any act of poofery in Aceh?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #168 - May 22nd, 2017 at 8:50pm

I have no idea. Perhaps you would like to make your point rather than further subjecting us to the tedium of your thought process?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #169 - May 22nd, 2017 at 9:09pm

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 8:50pm:
I have no idea. Perhaps you would like to make your point rather than further subjecting us to the tedium of your thought process?

I reckon everyone gets it Effendi, other than you.  Being a poof is not gonna get you caned in Aceh.  A proven act of poofery will.

Is that clear enough, Effendi?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #170 - May 22nd, 2017 at 9:29pm

Were you a human rights lawyer before you got your taxi licence Aussie?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #171 - May 22nd, 2017 at 9:34pm

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 9:29pm:
Were you a human rights lawyer before you got your taxi licence Aussie?

I could argue I was.....but I did not specialise or practice in that specific field at any time before I retired.

Care to answer my question now, Effendi?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #172 - May 22nd, 2017 at 10:50pm

Aussie wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 7:51pm:
[
Tell me Effendi, if I walked into Aceh and announced loud and long that I am a poof...what would happen to me.....before I committed any act of poofery in Aceh?
Probably nothing, whats your point?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #173 - May 22nd, 2017 at 10:52pm

rhino wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 10:50pm:
Aussie wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 7:51pm:
[
Probably nothing, whats your point?

That is my point.  If you read the Thread, you will see that Effendi is unable to make a distinction between being a poof in Aceh, and committing an act of poofery in Aceh.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - May 22nd, 2017 at 10:55pm

why not just state your point instead of all this posturing?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #175 - May 22nd, 2017 at 10:57pm

rhino wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 10:55pm:
why not just state your point instead of all this posturing?

I did....many pages ago, but it went right over the head of Effendi.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print