Send Topic Print
Sharia Law. (Read 7800 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Sharia Law.
Reply #135 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:32am

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:59pm:
It works like this.....and I am using examples only.....not reality.

Setanta (aka AiA or NOIQ) suddenly registers at the sewer after other legitimate, genuine OzPol registrations.

'He' votes for me at the election.

AiA or NOIQ call that vote a scam.....and, here, 'innocently' ask the real Setanta if he had made the registration.

He says, as is obvious,  "No, I did not."

Outcome = all OzPol registrants are under suspicion and their votes are easily ignored.

Ask them, cods.....they did that, not me.

why would ozpol members sign up to PA just to vote for you aussie????.....really thats a long bow you are drawing... what proof do you have that any were genuine????

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:33am

grap I am not sure you are in the right thread?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #137 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:56am

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:11pm:
freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:58pm:
freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:33pm:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:08pm:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:00pm:
freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:53pm:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:48pm:
freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:02pm:
I recall when they first introduced this, all the apologists were reassuring us that it was voluntary and would only apply to Muslims.

Tell me Effendi for I do not know.  Is the legitimate Law of the State of Aceh, Sharia Law?

Oh great, team leader is back. Arabia is for Arabs. Let them slaughter the Jews and Christians. Let the Indonesians cane faggots. So long as the 'law' is enforced, what is the problem, wot?

Ever so droll, Effendi.  So....how about answering the question?

Don't worry your ever so busy self Effendi.  I have found the answer.

Indeed, in the State of Aceh, the LAW is Sharia Law.

So...the Thread Title is a fraud.  It is the criminal law of the democratic State of Aceh.

Aussie if we voted to start building gas chambers would you be standing up for the law?

Aussie, what is your obsession with the legitimacy of law?

Oh well.....I am aware that we have anarchy without it Effendi.  But, when a democracy elects people on a platform of policy concerning Law, (whatever it is) that's what happens.....in this case, Aceh State Law.

Should we invade Aceh and overthrow the democratically elected Government, Effendi?

So it's either caning gays or anarchy? Is that why you are afraid to criticise them?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #138 - May 21st, 2017 at 10:52am

No.....there is no point posturing here about the Laws enacted by a democratically elected Government.  If caning is what the people voted for.....that's what the outcome of democracy is, Effendi.  I thought you'd know that....silly me.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #139 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:04am

cods wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 7:33am:
grap I am not sure you are in the right thread?

A very affirmative way of pointing out that Singapore (or Sweden or whatever) has nothing to do with this nation, and our propensity, due to cultural cringe and a deep-seated sense of inferiority, to take on values and standards from them, is part of the problem.

Singapore is mentioned - they cane people, we don't - Singapore is mentioned, we produce 90% + of our own petroleum, Singapore doesn't - our petrol price has been tied to their for the convenience of government for damned near fifty years now.

We are discussing Singapore and its contrast with Oz - there are many ways and many things that need to be aired properly for once.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #140 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:04am

Quote:
No.....there is no point posturing here about the Laws enacted by a democratically elected Government.

Why not? Are the human rights of foreigners irrelevant?

Would you have said the same thing about apartheid in South Africa? Or the Jews in Nazi Germany?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #141 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:11am

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 11:04am:
Quote:
No.....there is no point posturing here about the Laws enacted by a democratically elected Government.

Why not? Are the human rights of foreigners irrelevant?

Would you have said the same thing about apartheid in South Africa? Or the Jews in Nazi Germany?

Are you seriously suggesting there is some equivalence between Nazis gassing Jews and Dutch pricks murdering Blacks?

Human rights for foreigners?  Whaaaat....speshul treatment, different Laws if you are a foreigner in a Country?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #142 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:19am

Would you say that caning gay people is a human rights issue Aussie?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #143 - May 21st, 2017 at 11:31am

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 11:19am:

No more than any other sort of criminal justice punishment is a human rights issue.  Better than being hung or made dead in an electric chair, or poisoned, or whatever is your preferred method of delivering capital punishment.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #144 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:03pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 11:31am:

No more than any other sort of criminal justice punishment is a human rights issue.  Better than being hung or made dead in an electric chair, or poisoned, or whatever is your preferred method of delivering capital punishment.

So if we make being Jewish a crime, it is OK to send them off to the gas chambers? Respect for the law trumps all else? You never actually were a lawyer, were you? You just idolise them for some reason.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #145 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:08pm

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:03pm:

So if we make being Jewish a crime, it is OK to send them off to the gas chambers? Respect for the law trumps all else? You never actually were a lawyer, were you? You just idolise them for some reason.

And how do 'we' just 'make being Jewish a crime?'  Magic wand?  How do 'we' just ignore Section 116 of the Constitution, Effendi?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:15pm

Exackery - as I already said somewhere, everything the NAZIs (and the Stalinists) did was legal and voted on by their ruling body... the rest of the world disagreed that any nation can make anyone an enemy of the State, or can apply cruel and unusual punishment, or can even behave in a totally autocratic way.

The only real difference between Hitler and Stalin was the philosophy or ideology they espoused - the end results were the same for many millions...  Henry Kissinger titled Stalin as 'Russia's Greatest Tsar'.... murdered more millions than Adolph's crew.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #147 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:21pm

Quote:
the rest of the world disagreed that any nation can make anyone an enemy of the State, or can apply cruel and unusual punishment, or can even behave in a totally autocratic way.

That the rest of the World disagreed loudly from the roof-tops, made not a pinch of chits difference.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:22pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:08pm:

And how do 'we' just 'make being Jewish a crime?'  Magic wand?  How do 'we' just ignore Section 116 of the Constitution, Effendi?

It's the principle that counts - in my (still) developing thesis, the Rule of Law based on solid bedrock rights is the constitution for lawmaking... and none may create a law that does not fully accord with the rule of law.

The point of departure for me began when I first spied the incoming 'domestic violence' laws and the way they were designed deliberately for entrapment and in a manner so that they could be used as an end run around legal and civil rights - by generating a climate in which guilt could be accorded without proper proof in the first instance, and then expanded into criminal action against the accused without proper legal constraint.

Somewhere in the Law Reform Commission, buried as deep as The Ark in Raiders of the Lost Ark, methinks, is my submission in 1991-2 to that commission over this issue.

'Whenever we leave principles and clear positive laws we are soon lost in the wild regions of imagination and possibility where arbitrary power sits upon her brazen throne and governs with an iron scepter' .

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States.

'The power of government is abused and directed to an end for which it is not constituted when employed to promote rather than to detect crime and to bring about the downfall of those who, left to themselves, might well have obeyed the law.  Human nature is weak enough and sufficiently beset by temptations without government adding to them and generating crime'.

Justice Felix Frankfurter, US Supreme Court.

"... that someone carelessly had lied; that someone carelessly had blundered; and that all concerned were determined not to own themselves or anyone else...to be in the wrong.  A mistake had been made; and, by quibbles, by evasions, by threats, by every hole-and-corner means conceivable, the mistake was going to be perpetuated".

- Frederick Rolfe, Hadrian VII.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #149 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:24pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:21pm:
Quote:
the rest of the world disagreed that any nation can make anyone an enemy of the State, or can apply cruel and unusual punishment, or can even behave in a totally autocratic way.

That the rest of the World disagreed loudly from the roof-tops, made not a pinch of chits difference.

Unfortunately not - but the principle remains sound... as the NAZIs hanged found out....

You've been arguing with Mothra for too long, Aussie - you are becoming testy on all subjects.  sit down, draw a long cool glass of beer, turn on the telly... relax...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print