Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Sharia Law. (Read 7797 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sharia Law.
May 20th, 2017 at 5:08pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/brutal-punishment-85-lashes-for-gay-...

IT’S pretty easy to wind up being publicly caned by authorities in a province on the northern tip of Indonesia’s Sumatra island.

Canings in the region of Aceh are typically conducted using a thin, rattan cane in front of huge crowds outside mosques.

It’s a punishment for gambling, drinking alcohol, women who wear tight clothes and men who skip Friday prayers. Young, unmarried adults are commonly sentenced to lashings for standing in proximity to someone of the opposite sex. And the casting net has now been widened.

On Wednesday, two men aged 20 and 23, were sentenced by a panel of judges in a sharia court to 85 lashes of the cane for having sexual relations with each other.

The sentencing coincided with International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia.

It marked the first time the punishment has been handed down for homosexuality since a sharia regulation banning the practice in Aceh was introduced in 2014.

In some cases, like that of the two men sentenced on Wednesday, authorities are going out of their way to ensure homosexual people are punished

The men were caught together in bed in March by vigilantes who burst into the boarding house where they were staying in provincial capital Banda Aceh.

Shaky phone footage of the raid that circulated online showed the vigilantes kicking, slapping and insulting the men, with one of them slumped naked on the ground during the attack.

The footage was used in court as evidence against the pair.

Presiding judge, Khairil Jamal, said the men were “legally and convincingly proven to have committed gay sex”.

“The defendants are proven to have committed sodomy and are found guilty,” he said.

One of the men pleaded for leniency and wept as his sentence was read out.

The chief prosecutor, Gulmaini, who goes by one name, said they will be caned next week, before the holy Muslim month of Ramadan starts about May 25.

Homosexuality is not illegal elsewhere in Indonesia but a case before the country’s top court is seeking to criminalise gay sex and sex outside marriage.

Indonesian police take away two men, convicted of having sex in contravention of sharia law, in Banda Aceh on May 10, 2017. Picture: AFP / Hendri Abik

A sharia court on May 17 sentenced two men to be publicly caned for gay sex for the first time in Indonesia's conservative province of Aceh, the latest sign of a backlash against homosexuals in the Muslim-majority country. Picture: AFP
Human Rights Watch said public caning constitutes torture under international law.

“The prosecution is very harsh. The verdict is harsher,” Indonesia researcher for Human Rights Watch Andreas Harsono said.

“It shows the increasingly conservative judiciary in Indonesia.”

There has been a surge in Indonesians punished by caning for engaging in sexual acts out of wedlock and homosexuality since a law adopted by Indonesia’s sharia-ruled province of Aceh was introduced three years ago.

The 2014 bylaw known as qanun jinaya, new criminal offences were introduced, including: consensual intimacy or sexual activity for unmarried couples; consensual sex outside marriage and same-sex sexual relations.

The law allows for up to 200 lashes in public as a punishment and has been heavily enforced, for unmarried couples and sex outside marriage, since it was introduced.
An Acehnese woman is whipped in front of the public for violating sharia law in Banda Aceh, Indonesia, 27 February 2017. The woman was whipped for having a sex without being married. Picture: Hotli Simanjuntak

An Acehnese man is whipped in front of the public for violating sharia law in Banda Aceh, Indonesia, 27 February 2017. His crime was having sex without being married. Picture: EPA / Hotli Simanjuntak
Hundreds of people are caned for offences including selling alcohol, gambling, and sex outside marriage in Aceh every year.

In February this year, an Acehnese man and women were among many people in the region to be lashed for having sex without being married.

In 2016, Aceh authorities caned 339 people for a range of crimes, according to Human Rights Watch.

Among them were seven men and six women who were caned between nine and 25 times at Al Ikhlas Mosque, Aceh in October 2016 for being alone with someone of the opposite sex who was not a marriage partner or relative (khalwat), and committing sexual intimacy outside marriage (ikhtilath).

PUNISHED FOR BEING IN ‘CLOSE PROXIMITY’ TO A MAN

A Muslim woman cries out as she gets caned for being caught in proximity with a male in Banda Aceh on October 17, 2016. Indonesia's Aceh province has gained international infamy for its strict Islamic laws. Picture: AFP
Acehnese woman, Nur Elita, 20, was punished for the offence of “kwalwat” — being in “proximity” to a man other than her husband or relative. — in December 2015. She was viciously caned in public as a punishment for the alleged crime.

The crowd cheered as Ms Elita was struck by a man wearing a mask.

A Muslim woman cries out as she gets caned for being caught in proximity with a male in Banda Aceh on October 17, 2016. Indonesia's Aceh province has gained international infamy for its strict Islamic laws. Picture: AFP

A Muslim woman cries out as she gets caned for being caught in proximity with a male in Banda Aceh on October 17, 2016. Indonesia's Aceh province

[b]awful stuff...my god never let it come her

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Sharia Law.
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:02pm

I recall when they first introduced this, all the apologists were reassuring us that it was voluntary and would only apply to Muslims.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #2 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:40pm

Where is bwyannnnnnn

Telling us just how compasionate, nice and safe shara law is,
And how ALL muzzos are such wonderful people.

Now,
How many muzzo run countries in thevworld are wonderful places to visit?
How many refugees run to muzzo run countries for safety?
How many muzzo run countries are tolerant as we are?

Ill tell you.......NONE

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:48pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:02pm:
I recall when they first introduced this, all the apologists were reassuring us that it was voluntary and would only apply to Muslims.

Tell me Effendi for I do not know.  Is the legitimate Law of the State of Aceh, Sharia Law?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:53pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:48pm:

Tell me Effendi for I do not know.  Is the legitimate Law of the State of Aceh, Sharia Law?

Oh great, team leader is back. Arabia is for Arabs. Let them slaughter the Jews and Christians. Let the Indonesians cane faggots. So long as the 'law' is enforced, what is the problem, wot?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:53pm

oh you mean if it came here... lolol.. why would it be okay to whip someone here  under sharia Law...

if it happened in our own system, we would be condemned .. Angry Angry

even Human rights are mentioned in that op.. but they dont sound nearly as LOUD or as ANGRY as they do when they they criticise Australia... Angry Angry 

this is more than  barbaric it is cruel and isnt it attacking on a minority group?

can you imagine if a western country was doing something like that..   and they complain about Manus.. what a crazy world.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:56pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:53pm:

Oh great, team leader is back. Arabia is for Arabs. Let them slaughter the Jews and Christians. Let the Indonesians cane faggots. So long as the 'law' is enforced, what is the problem, wot?

oh you are a glutton for punishment... Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:56pm

Lazy people equate minority status with victimhood, and the are 2 billion Muslims playing the victim card, just like Muhammad did when he went on a rampage.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #8 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:00pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:56pm:
Lazy people equate minority status with victimhood, and the are 2 billion Muslims playing the victim card, just like Muhammad did when he went on a rampage.

Ahhhhh.
Muthumaid
The sociopath, pedophile, retarded, nutcase that talked with the devil, watched the sun sink into the muddy pond and raped 9 year old children.

Muthumaid
The prophet that the most retarded, violent and barbaric CULT on earth revere.

What a total disgusting waste of oxygen he was, if it was a he and not just a turd that some pig passed.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:00pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:53pm:

Ever so droll, Effendi.  So....how about answering the question?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:02pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:56pm:

this is about Sharia Law fd.. who came up with that?.. was it Muhammad as well..

seems to me they just want to control everyones sex lives.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. maybe Muhammad was bi sexual..and wanted a bit each way.,

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:04pm

Where is bwyannnnnn
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin so funny!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:04pm

sorry Fd thought you were pushing it
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:04pm

I hope Cods doesn't see this thread. She'd be well ticked off. It belongs in Islam.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 20th, 2017 at 7:05pm

Oh, my mistake.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print