Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20
Send Topic Print
personal trauma (Read 16972 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: personal trauma
Reply #180 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:03pm

Jayzuz....how precious can you get, Mr Smith?  Really!  You take the cake.

Post it all again, but do not whinge to anyone, especially Setanta, if it is thrown back at you.....even without your express permission.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #181 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:10pm

John Smith wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:18pm:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:12pm:
You call it editing. 

no, pretty sure it's the English language that calls it edit

edit
ˈɛdɪt/Submit
verb
prepare (written material) for publication by correcting,
condensing, or otherwise modifying it.

"Volume I was edited by J. Johnson"
synonyms:      correct, check, copy-edit; More

Stop shouting, John. You'll wake the kids.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #182 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:11pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:03pm:

Post it all again, but do not whinge to anyone, especially Setanta, if it is thrown back at you.....even without your express permission.

no i'm not going to post it again. I already wrote it out once, you put it up.

And contrary to whatever poo you believe, you don't get to dictate what I do and don't say to setanta. You really need to get over yourself.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #183 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:20pm

John Smith wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:34pm:
Aussie deleted and said I couldn't post it unless I first gave permission for other posters to throw it back at me and abuse me with it in the future. 

I think it's fkken outrageous.

I agree with you.

Anyone using personal information divulged by a member of this board with the rightful expectation that it not be used as a tool for embarrassing, harassing, and ridiculing him or her should be given a suspension and the post deleted.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #184 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:26pm

John Smith wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:11pm:

And contrary to whatever poo you believe, you don't get to dictate what I do and don't say to setanta. You really need to get over yourself.

It's the age of Aquarius and Jupiter is aligning with Mars here.

Setanta has introduced a sensible edict (which should have gone further.....but one step at a time I guess) and then, after he did so, out of the blue...you post stuff about your personal life that automatically and irresistibly would attract crabs who will throw it back at you.  If they did, Setanta would ban them.

I removed the bait.

Shut up and grow up, Precious Pup.

Go to the sewer where you can whinge about Black Orchid deleting a Post of yours...as you have been now for days, even starting a push to have her removed as a Mod......because she deleted a Post of yours.

Maaaaaate, you are not that important, you know.

If you do not like my hospitality....far cough.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #185 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:36pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:26pm:

Setanta has introduced a sensible edict (which should have gone further.....but one step at a time I guess) and then, after he did so, out of the blue...you post stuff about your personal life that automatically and irresistibly would attract crabs who will throw it back at you.  If they did, Setanta would ban them.

I removed the bait.

Go to the sewer where you can whinge about Black Orchid deleting a Post of yours...as you have been now for days, even starting a push to have her removed as a Mod......because she deleted a Post of yours.

don't play the hero ... you didn't do it to save anyone. There was nothing there anyone could have used anyway. You just couldn't help but play the nazi.

And you're right, I did whinge about BO. I don't like any nazi editing comments, not you and not her . You both can't help but let a little bit of power get to your head.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #186 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:54pm

Not playing hero, Precious.  I am able to see likely outcomes of conduct and that one was obvious.

I am the Mod who will have to deal with the fall-out here of the new edict, so I will act to limit potential damage, and that stuff of yours was openly inviting it.

It is done, over, yet you, like some spoiled little precocious wanker cannot accept reality......and want to continue pissing into the wind.

Give it up, Mr Smith.  All you'll get is your own back at you.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #187 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:35pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:54pm:
Not playing hero, Precious.  I am able to see likely outcomes of conduct and that one was obvious.

I am the Mod who will have to deal with the fall-out here of the new edict, so I will act to limit potential damage, and that stuff of yours was openly inviting it.

It is done, over, yet you, like some spoiled little precocious wanker cannot accept reality......and want to continue pissing into the wind.

Sure you were. YOu were trying to save me ..
and you don't see sh1t. You just can't help yourself can you? You need to show everyone what a big boy you are with the mods button.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #188 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:54pm

no  you must respect Aussies forum..he is in charge here, he takes his duties very seriously

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #189 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:09pm

John Smith wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:36pm:
Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:26pm:

I removed the bait.

don't play the hero ... you didn't do it to save anyone. There was nothing there anyone could have used anyway. You just couldn't help but play the nazi.

And you're right, I did whinge about BO. I don't like any nazi editing comments, not you and not her . You both can't help but let a little bit of power get to your head.

He probably did it with the best intentions, right or wrong, but carry on.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #190 - May 21st, 2017 at 1:07pm

John Smith wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 9:36pm:

I understand how you feel. I've had at least a dozen posts of mine deleted in various threads in the last few months. Other members would have experienced the same. It's annoying. You make an effort to make a thoughtful post and when you go back to look at the responses - the thread and its contents are gone.

Editing is probably worse if the thread is still there but the actual substance of your post is gone. I don't include obscenities, abuse or personal information about other members in that comment.

Unfortunately John you'll have to accept it or go somewhere else. FD relies on volunteers - if they were paid, some of them might get the sack.

I don't blame Aussie for my posts being deleted. Other members were involved in the relevant threads being deleted.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #191 - May 23rd, 2017 at 1:22am

mantra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:55pm:
mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:27am:
But you never answered,Mantra. Do you think a person can develop PTSD from losing a job?

Yes I do, but I would think it occurs in older people more often than younger ones. Retirement for some people after working hard for half a century can kill them. Younger people are more resilient to change and should try not to use PTSD as an excuse not to work again if they've still got some good working years ahead of them. If it's allowed to manifest to the extent that they're only fit for a disability pension - then in the long term they are going to be a lot worse off because they sink into a quagmire and lose their confidence and ability to be independent.

I 'retired' early, after working for the PS for 17 years.
I still dream( have nightmares) about that type of work after 17+ yrs of retirement. I'll never work again, so in fact YES.. it can be very traumatic.

live every day

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #192 - May 23rd, 2017 at 12:05pm

Emma wrote on May 23rd, 2017 at 1:22am:
I 'retired' early, after working for the PS for 17 years.
I still dream( have nightmares) about that type of work after 17+ yrs of retirement. I'll never work again, so in fact YES.. it can be very traumatic.

The public service has a reputation for being soul destroying. Being an employee there for a decade or more gives them excellent financial benefits if they leave for whatever reason.

The same person working for private enterprise isn't so lucky, but it's easier for a smart person to move up the ladder fairly quickly or change jobs when they gain some experience in a particular area. When you join the PS you swap stimulation for security. You're at the mercy of stupid people telling you what to do so you lose your confidence and that can be very stressful.

You can retire early in the public service and have your doctor answer for you and then you can go home and indulge in your PTSD, but with financial security to keep you comfortable.

As much as PTSD can be a real disorder in the workplace, a lot of people in the private sector aren't able to use that as a reason not to work again.

Working is good for us. We need a reason to get up in the morning.
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2017 at 2:55pm by mantra »  

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #193 - May 23rd, 2017 at 5:20pm

Love the conciliatory tone here.
Have you considered social work?

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #194 - May 23rd, 2017 at 5:23pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 23rd, 2017 at 5:20pm:

Love the conciliatory tone here.
Have you considered social work?

Never, and knowing that I'd likely have to deal with people like you, consideration of that is further away than it ever was.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20
Send Topic Print