Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Using members personal traumas (Read 3768 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Using members personal traumas
May 19th, 2017 at 8:17pm

I'd like to say make it clear that using members personal traumas they may have suffered, rape, deaths in family etc against them in any way will be considered by me to be extreme personal abuse.

You may hold the view that they should not publicise them and that it's fair game because they do, I don't and will treat is as abuse. There is no need to dig your fingers into members personal wounds in a debate, don't do it, address the argument.

Feel free to share your views.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2017 at 8:25pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Using members personal traumas
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2017 at 8:37pm

Why?  You have made your decision.  Stick with it.  Why do you want it debated?

Peccary is under a ban at the moment for not breaching a Rule....he was obnoxious, I agree, but so have many been obnoxious.

That needs to be addressed as well.

Otherwise, I agree.  Why ought 'Family' be used as a poke in the eye....including that my Wife is Indian, which is certainly not a 'wound.'

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #2 - May 19th, 2017 at 8:41pm

Aussie wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 8:37pm:
Why?  You have made your decision.  Stick with it.  Why do you want it debated?

Peccary is under a ban at the moment for not breaching a Rule....he was obnoxious, I agree, but so have many been obnoxious.

That needs to be addressed as well.

Otherwise, I agree.  Why ought 'Family' be used as a poke in the eye....including that my Wife is Indian, which is certainly not a 'wound.'

Because some members might want to get something off their chest about it, like you. Thanks Aussie, your input is noted.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2017 at 8:54pm

Does this include stating that members are on welfare?  Or "should get a job"?  Losing a job is pretty traumatic.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #4 - May 19th, 2017 at 8:59pm

stunspore wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 8:54pm:
Does this include stating that members are on welfare?  Or "should get a job"?  Losing a job is pretty traumatic.

Would you really consider that a personal trauma? I've lost a job and never felt traumatised by it.

I've stated what I consider personal trauma. If you think losing a loved one is less traumatic than losing a job or smashing your beloved SLR...

Let's not try and trivialise this.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2017 at 9:17pm

Setanta wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 8:17pm:
I'd like to say make it clear that using members personal traumas they may have suffered, rape, deaths in family etc against them in any way will be considered by me to be extreme personal abuse.

You may hold the view that they should not publicise them and that it's fair game because they do, I don't and will treat is as abuse. There is no need to dig your fingers into members personal wounds in a debate, don't do it, address the argument.

Very well said.

I totally agree.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 19th, 2017 at 9:34pm

Lord Herbert wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 9:17pm:

Very well said.

I totally agree.

You wrote etc. I want to make sure what is part of this probable limited list.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - May 19th, 2017 at 9:54pm

stunspore wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 9:34pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 9:17pm:

Very well said.

I totally agree.

You wrote etc. I want to make sure what is part of this probable limited list.

Don't worry Stun, it won't include smashing the Kingswood, your boss firing you, your iphone battery dying, or your other first world problems. It will include rapes, deaths of family, divorces, children not being able to be accessed, real personal traumas, not first world probs.

If that's not clear enough I guess you'll just have to test the waters.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:39am

So calling members names or using nicknames is ok.  But saying something about your mother, etc isn't?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #9 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:15am

X2 SPOT ON...... Cool

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #10 - May 20th, 2017 at 12:43pm

Ajax wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:15am:

X2 SPOT ON...... Cool

What if the "members personal traumas" are fantasized or invented?

You have no knowledge of the truth of anybody's claims on this forum.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:00pm

Unforgiven wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:43pm:

X2 SPOT ON...... Cool

Does it matter? Using that sort of info against someone is low and I'll not tolerate it. If you want to get down in the gutter and use it against someone, true or not, you have problems if you sink that low.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #12 - May 20th, 2017 at 6:24pm

Setanta wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:00pm:
Unforgiven wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:43pm:

X2 SPOT ON...... Cool

Does it matter? Using that sort of info against someone is low and I'll not tolerate it. If you want to get down in the gutter and use it against someone, true or not, you have problems if you sink that low.

Space in the Ozpolitic gutter is at a premium. The gutter is full of rednecks and conservatives.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 21st, 2017 at 7:46pm

here here...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #14 - May 21st, 2017 at 9:12pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 7:46pm:

here here...

x2

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print