Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 33
Send Topic Print
Rapists are getting too little jail time (Read 15309 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Rapists are getting too little jail time
Reply #135 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:36pm

Quote:
There is a legal term called contributory negligence...

Which has exactly zero application in Criminal Law, including.....rape.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:37pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:31pm:
mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:27pm:
I don't understand. Why contribute a whole heap of bullshit purporting to represent victim culpability in a rape thread with absolutely nothing to back it up?

Is it just me who is suspicious?

I never made any such statement, I did state the law blames the victim for being the victim of a crime or in some cases for assisting the potential for a crime. There is a legal term called contributory negligence and its very basis is to blame the victim at least partially for their predicament and I have covered ALL of this already,

Do you have a serious learning disability that prevents you from reading english at a basic level, because it would explain this inane conversation.

Nope. You have not covered that before. This is a first.

Could you expand on what jurisdictions factor in contributory negligence and how that translates to rape cases?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #137 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:49pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:36pm:
Quote:

But the law will and does fine people (victims) for contributing to the potential for criminals to commit crimes, as they do in QLD. An example of victim blaming

I was only giving an example  in victim blaming in the law relating to compensation as it applies to victims. I made no statement that this was applicable across all law.

Look I was fairly detailed and accurate when I made the statements about the law and victim blaming, about 4 fkken pages ago.

But that for jumping at this late stage.

So you don't have to exert yourself looking

[/quote]
mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:20am:
Upon serious reflection, Gnads, it's probably time for you to call me a man-hater and move on to another thread.

I think we've exhausted your capacity for input on this discussion.

Unless you want to try a spot of victim blaming?

The police, the government & the courts victim blame for a multitude offences. It is just the way it is, whether you agree with it or not.

It is an offence to leave your window open in Queensland, lest a thief breaks into your car and commits an actual crime.

Under Queensland law, if a driver is more than 3m from their car, the vehicle must be "secured" with the engine off, hand brake applied, ignition key removed (if no one over 16 remains in vehicle) and windows up with a gap no more than 5cm

http://www.couriermail.com.au/brisbane-motorist-fined-for-leaving-car-window-sli...

Refusing to take responsibility for your own personal security will not help you in anyway avoiding being a victim of crime, in fact it will in all likelihood vastly increase your chances of becoming a victim.

The world is sh1tty that way.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2017 at 4:55pm by BigOl64 »  

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #138 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:51pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:37pm:
I don't understand. Why contribute a whole heap of bullshit purporting to represent victim culpability in a rape thread with absolutely nothing to back it up?

I never made any such statement, I did state the law blames the victim for being the victim of a crime or in some cases for assisting the potential for a crime. There is a legal term called contributory negligence and its very basis is to blame the victim at least partially for their predicament and I have covered ALL of this already,

Do you have a serious learning disability that prevents you from reading english at a basic level, because it would explain this inane conversation.

Could you expand on what jurisdictions factor in contributory negligence and how that translates to rape cases?

I never made any such assertion so why would i contribute to this stupid conversation now.

Look 1 = 1 does not equal 8949751298789 no matter how much you need it to.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:58pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:49pm:
Quote:

But the law will and does fine people (victims) for contributing to the potential for criminals to commit crimes, as they do in QLD. An example of victim blaming

I was only giving an example  in victim blaming in the law relating to compensation as it applies to victims. I made no statement that this was applicable across all law.

Look I was fairly detailed and accurate when I made the statements about the law and victim blaming, about 4 fkken pages ago.

You weren't even remotely detailed and accurate.

You've been called on your bullshit for pages now and still you cling tenaciously to what you are pretending you already said.

You're abslutlely full of horseshit.

Now the question is, why would you seek to establish reduced culpability for rapists?

Seriously?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #140 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:58pm

Quote:

Upon serious reflection, Gnads, it's probably time for you to call me a man-hater and move on to another thread.

The police, the government & the courts victim blame for a multitude offences. It is just the way it is, whether you agree with it or not.

It is an offence to leave your window open in Queensland, lest a thief breaks into your car and commits an actual crime.

Under Queensland law, if a driver is more than 3m from their car, the vehicle must be "secured" with the engine off, hand brake applied, ignition key removed (if no one over 16 remains in vehicle) and windows up with a gap no more than 5cm

http://www.couriermail.com.au/brisbane-motorist-fined-for-leaving-car-window-sli...

Refusing to take responsibility for your own personal security will not help you in anyway avoiding being a victim of crime, in fact it will in all likelihood vastly increase your chances of becoming a victim.

[/quote] [/quote]

What has any of that got to do with Criminal Law....including, rape?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - May 20th, 2017 at 5:01pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:51pm:

I never made any such assertion so why would i contribute to this stupid conversation now.

You're very confused, aren't you.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #142 - May 20th, 2017 at 5:06pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:58pm:
Quote:

[/quote]

What has any of that got to do with Criminal Law....including, rape?
[/quote]

Firstly I was pointing out that the law doesn't give a fkk about whether you're victim or not, that in fact it is illegal to potentially facilitate a crime even though you would be the unwitting victim of the crime.

Secondly I NEVER stated it was directly applicable to rape that is something you and that liar mothra made up.

Mopthra seems to think that the law is there to protect victims from crime, it is not, it does give a fkk about victims only the law.

Now you stepped in after she has sh1t all over the walls and I have to fkken re-explain everything again.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #143 - May 20th, 2017 at 5:08pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 5:01pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:51pm:

You're very confused, aren't you.

Only about your fkking sanity.

But you seem to crave drama and to facilitate that extreme emotional instability, you lie like a politician; pity I don't give a fkk and you end up looking a deranged harpie.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - May 20th, 2017 at 5:16pm

BigOl, you are aware all your posts are still visible, yes?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - May 20th, 2017 at 5:19pm

It's like Rhino... just with more abuse.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #146 - May 20th, 2017 at 5:21pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 5:16pm:

Yes and anyone with at least a Grade 5 education will see exactly what I wrote and at no time did Im blame rape victims no matter how many time you tried to get me to say it.

I gave an example of how the law does blame victim and at no time did I state that was directly applicable to rape victims no matter how many times you tried to get me to say so.

You are failing miserably at setting me up, even your lies are looking a little insane.

Read what I write not some insane interpretation you need to fuel you drama queen psychopathy.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #147 - May 20th, 2017 at 5:23pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 5:19pm:
It's like Rhino... just with more abuse.

I have been amazingly tolerant of your insanity.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - May 20th, 2017 at 5:24pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 5:21pm:
mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 5:16pm:

Yes and anyone with at least a Grade 5 education will see exactly what I wrote and at no time did Im blame rape victims no matter how many time you tried to get me to say it.

I gave an example of how the law does blame victim and at no time did I state that was directly applicable to rape victims no matter how many times you tried to get me to say so.

You are failing miserably at setting me up, even your lies are looking a little insane.

Read what I write not some insane interpretation you need to fuel you drama queen psychopathy.

We've just sat back and watched. You're telling the story.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2017 at 5:29pm by mothra »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #149 - May 20th, 2017 at 5:34pm

Quote:
I gave an example of how the law does blame victim

If you are referring to the 3m/car thing.....no....that is not blaming at all.  It is Government imposing a responsibility.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 33
Send Topic Print