Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33
Send Topic Print
Rapists are getting too little jail time (Read 15341 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Rapists are getting too little jail time
Reply #120 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:23pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:41pm:
mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:31pm:
mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:21pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:13pm:
mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:00pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:56pm:
mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:39pm:
What is "the situation" BigOl?

Victim blaming, it was the core of my initial post.

So what do you suggest women and girls do to prevent them being raped?

I'll just assume you don't want to offer any suggestions on how to stop men raping.

Priorities, innit.

Like I said before and Ill repeat it again for your benefit.

It has NOTHING to do with me.

NOTHING I say or do will make any difference to the situation.

Demanding I supply solutions for something that has nothing to do with me, and is NOT of my making, is pointless.

But you have an opinion. You've stated it.

Women and girls are responsible for their own safety, yes?

Actually I stated a fact, the law considers victims of crime to be responsible (in part) and in some cases will fine a potential victim for potentially facilitating a crime.

Under other law (WHS / compensation) where are person is injured or killed the courts will consider contributory negligence in their assessment of the case.

This a simple statement of fact, NOT my opinion.

I consider my personal security MY business, what other people do is THEIR business, another fact.

You need to consider for yourself whether your personal security is your responsibility or not; nothing to do with me.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Yes, as a matter of fact.

What must girls and women do to ensure they're not raped?

You're saying that the victim is at least partially responsible in the eyes of the law. Yes?

So what should we do? Considering, i'm sure you know because well, you just know so much, that most rapes are committed by someone the victim knows?

How do we girls and women protect ourselves, BigOl?

Once again, nothing to do with me, so I not hold an opinion on this matter. Im sure I have made this perfectly clear at least once previously.

And when I say anything else, I mean literally anything else other than this subject.

So you claim that the law takes the actions of the victims into account but because it has nothing to do with you, you cannot elaborate?

Would you like to try again?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #121 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:45pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:26pm:
What do you propose are the legal requirements for a person to protect themselves against rape?

Wear a hijab at all times.

Raping a Muslim girl guarantees you an early death inside or outside of prison.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:48pm

Lord Herbert wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 2:45pm:
mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:26pm:
What do you propose are the legal requirements for a person to protect themselves against rape?

Wear a hijab at all times.

Raping a Muslim girl guarantees you an early death inside or outside of prison.

You jest Herbie, but there are men on this very forum who think it is a woman's responsibility not to get raped.

Now how is that superior to anywhere?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #123 - May 20th, 2017 at 3:14pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 2:23pm:

I'll just assume you don't want to offer any suggestions on how to stop men raping.

Priorities, innit.

Demanding I supply solutions for something that has nothing to do with me, and is NOT of my making, is pointless.

Actually I stated a fact, the law considers victims of crime to be responsible (in part) and in some cases will fine a potential victim for potentially facilitating a crime.

Under other law (WHS / compensation) where are person is injured or killed the courts will consider contributory negligence in their assessment of the case.

I consider my personal security MY business, what other people do is THEIR business, another fact.

You need to consider for yourself whether your personal security is your responsibility or not; nothing to do with me.

You're saying that the victim is at least partially responsible in the eyes of the law. Yes?

So what should we do? Considering, i'm sure you know because well, you just know so much, that most rapes are committed by someone the victim knows?

Once again, nothing to do with me, so I not hold an opinion on this matter. Im sure I have made this perfectly clear at least once previously.

And when I say anything else, I mean literally anything else other than this subject.

So you claim that the law takes the actions of the victims into account but because it has nothing to do with you, you cannot elaborate?

But I did elaborate, I gave examples of where the law does hold victims accountable for the crimes or actions committed against them.

And since Im not in charge of 'the law' you're damn right it has nothing to do with me.

I don't know what  you think i can do for ALL women in this case, but I can assure you it is absolutely nothing and will always remain so.

The law will do nothing for women any more than it does and judging by the title of this thread it is not enough

The rapist themselves prolly won't do anything to help the situation

So who do you think should do something?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #124 - May 20th, 2017 at 3:15pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 2:48pm:
You jest Herbie, but there are men on this very forum who think it is a woman's responsibility not to get raped.

It's a vexed question.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say something that won't win me any friends :-

Why O why was rape/murder victim Jill Meagher to Adrian Bailey in Melbourne dressed like a prostitute in a short skirt and high-heeled clickety-clickety-come-phuk-me shoes?

She was married, for Christ sake. In a nightclub late at night on a Friday with friends from work, but dressed to kill. She deliberately made herself look sexy and desirable, and I haven't slightest doubt she would have been happy with the male attention she was attracting.

Once you're married you have an obligation to your husband to not go traipsing around looking like a prostitute when you're alone without him.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - May 20th, 2017 at 3:27pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 3:14pm:

Priorities, innit.

But I did elaborate, I gave examples of where the law does hold victims accountable for the crimes or actions committed against them.

And since Im not in charge of 'the law' you're damn right it has nothing to do with me.

I don't know what  you think i can do for ALL women in this case, but I can assure you it is absolutely nothing and will always remain so.

The law will do nothing for women any more than it does and judging by the title of this thread it is not enough

No you didn't. Are you imagining things again Big Ol?

But seeing as about 70% of reported rape victims know their rapsts, how do you propose girls and women protect themselves from that?

Because, of course, you are all about women and girl's responsibility for being raped.

Heaven forfend we talk about what compels a man to rape.

Blame the woman!

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - May 20th, 2017 at 3:30pm

Lord Herbert wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 3:15pm:

It's a vexed question.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say something that won't win me any friends :-

Why O why was rape/murder victim Jill Meagher to Adrian Bailey in Melbourne dressed like a prostitute in a short skirt and high-heeled clickety-clickety-come-phuk-me shoes?

She was married, for Christ sake. In a nightclub late at night on a Friday with friends from work, but dressed to kill. She deliberately made herself look sexy and desirable, and I haven't slightest doubt she would have been happy with the male attention she was attracting.

Once you're married you have an obligation to your husband to not go traipsing around looking like a prostitute when you're alone without him.

I don't know where to start.

Except to say you are absolute filth, Herbert.

Absolute filth.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #127 - May 20th, 2017 at 3:36pm

It's a vexed question.

Isn't that what some dumbarse Imam said...something about uncovered meat?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - May 20th, 2017 at 3:44pm

Aussie wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 3:36pm:

It's a vexed question.

Isn't that what some dumbarse Imam said...something about uncovered meat?

Yes. All of this victim blaming (i predicted it) while clinging tenaciously to the higher moral ground.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #129 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:18pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 3:27pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 3:14pm:

Priorities, innit.

No you didn't. Are you imagining things again Big Ol?

But seeing as about 70% of reported rape victims know their rapsts, how do you propose girls and women protect themselves from that?

Because, of course, you are all about women and girl's responsibility for being raped.

Heaven forfend we talk about what compels a man to rape.

Blame the woman!

Never made any such statement.

I stated what the law was, and I gave examples. I at no time, made any statement about my opinion, in fact I stated every single time you wanted my opinion that I had none.

So stop being a little grub liar and stick with what has actually been said.

You may need me to say these things so you can go onto your rant, but you are wasting your time try to goad me into saying some I did NOT say.

I can see others treat you the way they do.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:23pm

Nope. You did not state what the law is.

You did not give any examples.

Seriously, who do you think you are kidding?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:27pm

I don't understand. Why contribute a whole heap of bullshit purporting to represent victim culpability in a rape thread with absolutely nothing to back it up?

Is it just me who is suspicious?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #132 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:27pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:23pm:

Yeah I did.

Stop embarrassing yourself, it's just getting sad to look at.

Stop demanding others solve problems that have nothing to do with them

Stop lying about what other people have said, just so you can get offended,

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:30pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:27pm:
mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:23pm:

Yeah I did.

Stop embarrassing yourself, it's just getting sad to look at.

Stop demanding others solve problems that have nothing to do with them

Stop lying about what other people have said, just so you can get offended,

No you really didn't. I just double-checked.

Why do you want to push the message that girls and women deserve to be raped because of their own actions?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #134 - May 20th, 2017 at 4:31pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 4:27pm:
I don't understand. Why contribute a whole heap of bullshit purporting to represent victim culpability in a rape thread with absolutely nothing to back it up?

Is it just me who is suspicious?

I never made any such statement, I did state the law blames the victim for being the victim of a crime or in some cases for assisting the potential for a crime. There is a legal term called contributory negligence and its very basis is to blame the victim at least partially for their predicament and I have covered ALL of this already,

Do you have a serious learning disability that prevents you from reading english at a basic level, because it would explain this inane conversation.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33
Send Topic Print