Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Petrol cars will vanish in 8 years (Read 6027 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: Petrol cars will vanish in 8 years
Reply #30 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:59am

Fuzzball wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:47am:
Always assuming everybody who drives can afford a Tesla 'in 8 years'.....

Nails has been crapping on about battery cars for over a decade now and even he doesn't own one, so why the fkk the rest of the planet would drop everything to buy one is a bit horse sh1t.

The author is a deluded idiot and needs to be ignored it just isn't going to happen.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 20th, 2017 at 12:01pm

Model 3 is already at $35k US. A vast improvement in price on the S. It'll only get better

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #32 - May 20th, 2017 at 12:10pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:59am:

Nails has been crapping on about battery cars for over a decade now and even he doesn't own one, so why the fkk the rest of the planet would drop everything to buy one is a bit horse sh1t.

The author is a deluded idiot and needs to be ignored it just isn't going to happen.

Hi BigOl,
Nail does have a point though -

what is the most valuable car manufacturer in the USA?

surprise - surprise - it's Tesla - making battery cars.

https://futurism.com/tesla-is-now-the-most-valuable-u-s-automaker-but-its-more-t...

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #33 - May 20th, 2017 at 12:15pm

Bobby. wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:10pm:

Hi BigOl,

https://futurism.com/tesla-is-now-the-most-valuable-u-s-automaker-but-its-more-t...

And the situation will most likely change at some point in the future. Personally I would rather a vastly less polluting hydrogen car that a lithium battery car, that sh1t is toxic as hell and we will be swapping one planet destroying problem for another.

But for nails to to stand up and state the petrol cars will disappear in 8 years, is just fkken stupid. I will in all likelihood own an electric car before he does.  Smiley

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #34 - May 20th, 2017 at 12:21pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:15pm:
Bobby. wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:10pm:

Hi BigOl,

And the situation will most likely change at some point in the future. Personally I would rather a vastly less polluting hydrogen car that a lithium battery car, that sh1t is toxic as hell and we will be swapping one planet destroying problem for another.

But for nails to to stand up and state the petrol cars will disappear in 8 years, is just fkken stupid. I will in all likelihood own an electric car before he does.  Smiley

BigOl,
stop your ad hominem attacks on sir Nail.
He's futuristic & can see what will happen.

It will only take the Chinese to put electric cars into production
that are say worth under $20K with a 10 year warranty on the battery
& people will just love them.
They'll charge  them up with solar cells on their roofs on the weekend &
drive to work & back all week on one charge.

Petrol companies will hate it - people getting free energy!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #35 - May 20th, 2017 at 12:26pm

Quote:
Petrol cars will vanish in 8 years

What happens if you are driving one at the time ?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #36 - May 20th, 2017 at 12:28pm

rhino wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 3:59pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 12:10pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 11:58am:
I will give you ONE MILLION DOLLARS if petrol fuel cars vanish in 8 years...

Hell... make it TWO MILLION DOLLARS...

Yeh aussies will still be buying ford and holden sh.tboxes whilst the rest of the world will have moved on to electric !!

What are you going to do with your 1982 volvo?

You don't need to do anything - apparently it is going to vanish.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #37 - May 20th, 2017 at 12:46pm

UK thinks all diesel vehicles will be gone by 2020, despite the fact that the labour government of old promoted them as less polluting than petrol. Now of course, after many changed to diesel, the Tory government has established that they are more polluting and are encouraging owners to scrap them with a government payback and price reductions on environmentally friendly vehicles.

I wonder what is going to happen to all those diesel (thousands) Black Cabs, lorries, buses, and locos?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 20th, 2017 at 1:06pm

Some complete idiot probably said the same thing about horses and longbows.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 20th, 2017 at 1:50pm

How many people apart from yourself still use film cameras ? Who would buy a film camera when you can snap a picture using digital and see the results instantly ?

I rest my case.

Likewise who would buy a fossil fool car when you can charge up an EV at home using your own solar energy ? Even better Tesla offer free chargeups at their charging stations Wink Go in for a cup of coffee and 30 minutes later you've got an extra 50k range on the clock for free. Where do you get this from Mr oily greedy guts ?  Dirty sump oil needs replacing !! Pay pay pay says Mr oily greedy guts !!

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #40 - May 20th, 2017 at 1:54pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:50pm:

How many people apart from yourself still use film cameras ? Who would buy a film camera when you can snap a picture using digital and see the results instantly ?

I rest my case.

Likewise who would buy a fossil fool car when you can charge up an EV at home using your own solar energy ? Even better Tesla offer free chargeups at their charging stations Wink Go in for a cup of coffee and 30 minutes later you've got an extra 50k range on the clock for free. Where do you get this from Mr oily greedy guts ? Pay pay pay says Mr oily greedy guts !!

So you actually own a battery power electric car do you?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 20th, 2017 at 1:55pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:54pm:

I rest my case.

Likewise who would buy a fossil fool car when you can charge up an EV at home using your own solar energy ? Even better Tesla offer free chargeups at their charging stations Wink Go in for a cup of coffee and 30 minutes later you've got an extra 50k range on the clock for free. Where do you get this from Mr oily greedy guts ? Pay pay pay says Mr oily greedy guts !!

How does that change the argument ? Can I talk about the virtues of space exploration without owning a Saturn 5 rocket ?

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #42 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:09pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:55pm:

I rest my case.

How does that change the argument ? Can I talk about the virtues of space exploration without owning a Saturn 5 rocket ?

It's just that you accused my of not owning a digital camera, as though it mattered.   Smiley Smiley

So it seems owning the piece of technology is important to you when it comes to what I own.

I mean EV's do exist and have done for years and their is no reason for you not own one is there?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:19pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 2:09pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 1:55pm:

I rest my case.

It's just that you accused my of not owning a digital camera, as though it mattered.   Smiley Smiley

So it seems owning the piece of technology is important to you when it comes to what I own.

I mean EV's do exist and have done for years and their is no reason for you not own one is there?

The analogy of film cameras disappearing in a matter of years obviously went over your head. Sorry if your level of comprehension is lacking.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:36pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:07am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 3:41pm:
Quote:
............. A major reason for the LandCruiser's legendary status lurks under the vehicle's bonnet. There are two engine variants to choose from: a 4.6L V8 Dual VVT-i Petrol (not available on GX) with 6-speed automatic transmission and a 4.5L V8 Twin Turbo-diesel with 6-speed automatic transmission. Each of these brilliantly engineered V8 engine units offers loads of jaw-dropping horse power.

The output figures speak for themselves, the petrol V8 engine delivers an awesome 227kW at 5500rpm, while the diesel V8 engine is close behind with a thumping 200kW at 3600rpm.

Torque it up

The V8 power units deliver massive torque, giving the LandCruiser 200 more grunt and pulling power than ever before, enabling the car to venture where other 4WDs might struggle.

With the petrol variant V8 engine (not available on GX) offering 439Nm at 3400rpm and the diesel variant delivering a heart thumping 650Nm at 1600-2600rpm, you can forget old boundaries and limitations. Get ready to push the envelope on-road and off ..............

...............  a heart thumping 650Nm at 1600-2600rpm ............

Big fizz !! It's already obsolete.

I was surprise the petrol cars got so close.

Esp liked it when the tesla driver asked the supercar driver what he was listening to.

Thanks nail.

the torque electric engine produce is immense.
Electric engine reliability is ........ about 4X that of an internal combustion engine, if not more.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print