Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Petrol cars will vanish in 8 years (Read 6040 times)
Stig

>_<

Re: Petrol cars will vanish in 8 years
Reply #15 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:10pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 3:41pm:
...............  a heart thumping 650Nm at 1600-2600rpm ............

I love a good V8 as much as anyone, but if you like torque EVs win hands-down.

650nM? A basic Model S makes 600nM from 0rpm, while the top line P100 makes 1250nM, also from zero.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #16 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:43pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOÒOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I like my petrol powered car belching toxic fumes all over the place.
I like the noise and fun

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #17 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:51pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 4:39pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 12:07pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 11:58am:
I will give you ONE MILLION DOLLARS if petrol fuel cars vanish in 8 years...

Hell... make it TWO MILLION DOLLARS...

I don't think nails can tell the difference between a fact and a hypothesis.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The bloke who wrote that story is fkken dreaming.

Its just common sense: who wins in the car market between petrol engines and EVs with a fraction of the moving parts, a fraction of the running costs and virtually no wear and tear? Its a no brainer. And I agree with the author that once driverless EV's are viable and available on mass (which they will be) - most people won't think twice about ditching their "manual" vehicles.

I'm guessing people like bigol were similarly scoffing at the predicted demise of film cameras and CDs.

All petrol vehicle gone in 8 years, is that what you are also saying is it?

Because I am scoffing at the shear stupidity of the statement and the 'predictions' made by nails and the author, and Im more than happy to show you some contempt as well, if you believe that horse sh1t as well.

This has no basis in fact, is is a delusion and stupid in the extreme.

Im not some anti-tech luddite, exactly the opposite, I base my position of what is reasonable possible not on some cretinous man-child's predictions.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #18 - May 19th, 2017 at 5:54pm

More like 20 years. Driverless cars and pedestrians need to be on different levels and the cost of petrol needs to go up and the capacity of batteries to increase tenfold.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #19 - May 19th, 2017 at 6:27pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 5:54pm:
More like 20 years. Driverless cars and pedestrians need to be on different levels and the cost of petrol needs to go up and the capacity of batteries to increase tenfold.

At least.

Sh1t, Im still waiting for my fkken jet pack that was promised all those years ago, supposed to get them by the mid 80s.   Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #20 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:20pm

I’m still waiting for those and for power so cheap they won’t bother billing.

Driverless cars will arrive and in a decade or two.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:58pm

Stig wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 5:10pm:

I love a good V8 as much as anyone, but if you like torque EVs win hands-down.

650nM? A basic Model S makes 600nM from 0rpm, while the top line P100 makes 1250nM, also from zero.

ssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yes, electric motors make 100% of their torque at 0 rpm

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - May 19th, 2017 at 8:11pm

Valkie wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 5:43pm:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OÒOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I like my petrol powered car belching toxic fumes all over the place.
I like the noise and fun

yes

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:38am

I don't think nails can tell the difference between a fact and a hypothesis.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Its just common sense: who wins in the car market between petrol engines and EVs with a fraction of the moving parts, a fraction of the running costs and virtually no wear and tear? Its a no brainer. And I agree with the author that once driverless EV's are viable and available on mass (which they will be) - most people won't think twice about ditching their "manual" vehicles.

I'm guessing people like bigol were similarly scoffing at the predicted demise of film cameras and CDs.

Bighole still uses a film camera and a typewriter Cheesy LOL

He's having trouble sourcing the film and can't find anyone to fix his typewriter Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 20th, 2017 at 10:46am

BigOl64 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 5:51pm:

Because I am scoffing at the shear stupidity of the statement and the 'predictions' made by nails and the author, and Im more than happy to show you some contempt as well, if you believe that horse sh1t as well.

Im not some anti-tech luddite, exactly the opposite, I base my position of what is reasonable possible not on some cretinous man-child's predictions.

Then how come GMC is ramping down production of right hand drive cars and is pulling out of Sth Africa and India and quite possibly Australia. The motor industry is changing and technology has a way of leaving established players in the dust unless they change !! Just look what happened to Kodak. Owned lots of digital camera patents in the 70's but decided to milk as much out of film as it could thinking that it would never go away. History says otherwise.

Don't base your opinions on what happens in Australia. We are a technological backwater rusted onto the past glories of Ford and Holden's racing around Bathhurst. The rest of the world couldn't give a toss about Australia and its fixation to everything oil !

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:07am

Quote:
............. A major reason for the LandCruiser's legendary status lurks under the vehicle's bonnet. There are two engine variants to choose from: a 4.6L V8 Dual VVT-i Petrol (not available on GX) with 6-speed automatic transmission and a 4.5L V8 Twin Turbo-diesel with 6-speed automatic transmission. Each of these brilliantly engineered V8 engine units offers loads of jaw-dropping horse power.

The output figures speak for themselves, the petrol V8 engine delivers an awesome 227kW at 5500rpm, while the diesel V8 engine is close behind with a thumping 200kW at 3600rpm.

Torque it up

The V8 power units deliver massive torque, giving the LandCruiser 200 more grunt and pulling power than ever before, enabling the car to venture where other 4WDs might struggle.

With the petrol variant V8 engine (not available on GX) offering 439Nm at 3400rpm and the diesel variant delivering a heart thumping 650Nm at 1600-2600rpm, you can forget old boundaries and limitations. Get ready to push the envelope on-road and off ..............

Big fizz !! It's already obsolete.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #26 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:41am

Sir lastnail wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:46am:

Then how come GMC is ramping down production of right hand drive cars and is pulling out of Sth Africa and India and quite possibly Australia. The motor industry is changing and technology has a way of leaving established players in the dust unless they change !! Just look what happened to Kodak. Owned lots of digital camera patents in the 70's but decided to milk as much out of film as it could thinking that it would never go away. History says otherwise.

Don't base your opinions on what happens in Australia. We are a technological backwater rusted onto the past glories of Ford and Holden's racing around Bathhurst. The rest of the world couldn't give a toss about Australia and its fixation to everything oil !

Always nice when you post evidence to support your opinions.

Unsubstantiated opinions and wild predictions aren't worth a snatch full of cold water out here in the real world.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:46am

BigOl64 wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:41am:
Sir lastnail wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 10:46am:

Always nice when you post evidence to support your opinions.

Unsubstantiated opinions and wild predictions aren't worth a snatch full of cold water out here in the real world.

Whilst I don't quite agree with the original author that fossil fool cars will disappear completely because there will still be some in the Museums Cheesy LOL

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #28 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:47am

Always assuming everybody who drives can afford a Tesla 'in 8 years'.....

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - May 20th, 2017 at 11:55am

Fuzzball wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 11:47am:
Always assuming everybody who drives can afford a Tesla 'in 8 years'.....

Well I'm sure that Tesla won't be the only EV you can buy in 8 years time, suffice to say that we will probably be importing them from china like everything else Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print