Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll closed Poll
Question: Will the Special Counsel Find Damaging Evidence?
*** This poll has now closed ***

No    
  13 (61.9%)
Yes    
  4 (19.0%)
Maybe    
  0 (0.0%)
I'm not sure    
  1 (4.8%)
He's a Republican....what do you think.    
  3 (14.3%)

Total votes: 21
« Created by: Panther on: May 18th, 2017 at 9:10am »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Special Council Appointed by the DOJ (Read 8117 times)
Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Special Council Appointed by the DOJ
May 18th, 2017 at 8:50am

Robert Mueller appointed "Special Counsel" to oversee probe into Russia's interference in 2016 election

Source:      
ABC
     Quote:

The United States Department of Justice has announced that a special counsel has been appointed to investigate Russian interference into last year's presidential election and links or coordination with the campaign of President Donald Trump.

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller was assigned by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to "oversee the previously-confirmed FBI investigation of Russian government efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election, and related matters."

In a statement, Rosenstein said, "My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted. I have made no such determination. What I have determined is that based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command."

Mueller will have 60 days to put together a budget for resources to conduct the investigation and that budget must be approved by Rosenstein. Attorney General Jeff Sessions previously recused himself from all matters related to the presidential campaign.

"Special Counsel Mueller will have all appropriate resources to conduct a thorough and complete investigation, and I am confident that he will follow the facts, apply the law and reach a just result," said Rosenstein in the statement.

Justice Department officials were in touch with Mueller within days of the firing of FBI Director James Comey last week. Comey confirmed in March that the bureau was actively investigating Russian influence and collusion with the Trump campaign.

As special counsel, Mueller can be expected to have the full powers and independent authority to exercise all investigative and prosecutorial functions of any United States attorney. These powers include the ability to take matters before a grand jury, issue subpoenas and assign federal agents to the case.

The White House was informed of the decision an hour before it was publicly announced Wednesday. Administration officials have previously said that they see no need for a special counsel. On Monday, White HousepPress secretary Sean Spicer said the investigations led by committees in the House and Senate, plus the FBI, were sufficient.

"I don’t know why you need additional resources when you already have three entities," said Spicer.

Mueller, 72, served as FBI director for 12 years after his nomination by President George W. Bush in 2001. Prior to leading the bureau, Mueller was the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of California and served as an assistant attorney general in between stints in private practice.

A lifelong Republican, appointed FBI Director by Republican President George Bush in 2001, & served as the FBI Director 2001-2013.

He answers Directly to the US Attorney General, & can be fired by either AG Jeff Sessions, or President Donald Trump.

Can he be considered credible?  WHY?

Will this work in President Trump's favor, or against him?   WHY?
Wink

« Last Edit: May 18th, 2017 at 9:22am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Re: Special Council Appointed by the DOJ
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:10am

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:50am

And the end of Trump has just begun. The Russia investigation will lead to impeachment of Trump if he doesnt get impeached before then. And a number of Trump staff are going to jail including possibly Trump.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #3 - May 18th, 2017 at 10:26am

longweekend58 wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:50am:
And the end of Trump has just begun. The Russia investigation will lead to impeachment of Trump if he doesnt get impeached before then. And a number of Trump staff are going to jail including possibly Trump.

You get worse with every post you make.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2017 at 10:52am

Fuzzball wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 10:26am:
longweekend58 wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:50am:

You get worse with every post you make.

48 people from the Nixon administration went to jail. Many people - including republicans - believe the current scandal and crisis is WORSE than watergate.

get used to a major scandal leading to the end of Trump and many of them going to jail.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #5 - May 18th, 2017 at 11:00am

TRIVIA QUESTIONS:

★ For what offenses can a sitting President of the United States be charged & then tried for Impeachment?

★ What is the process which must be followed to Impeach & Prosecute a sitting President of the United States.

★ How many Presidents were ever charged for Impeachment?

★ How many of those were ever tried & Impeached?

★ How many of those that were actually tried & Impeached, were subsequently removed from Office?

★ If a President is tried, found guilty, & Impeached, must he be removed from office, or are there other alternatives?

► ► ► I'd like to know, & surely so do others,  if all those that are squawking about
President Trump's ...   impending   ...  Impeachment actually know what it means,
know the laws regarding Impeachment, or the exact steps that are required to actually
accomplish a Presidential Impeachment.    Or are they only blowin' smoke up their own asses? ...

« Last Edit: May 18th, 2017 at 11:06am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2017 at 11:05am

Panther wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 11:00am:
TRIVIA QUESTIONS:

★ For what offenses can a sitting President of the United States be charged & then tried for Impeachment?

★ What is the process which must be followed to Impeach & Prosecute a sitting President of the United States.

★ How many of those that were actually tried & Impeached, were subsequently removed from Office?

★ If a President is tried, found guilty, & Impeached, must he be removed from office, or are there other alternatives?

► ► ► I'd like to know, & surely so do others,  if all those that are squawking about President Trump's http://mysmileys.web44.net/smileys/chuckle002.gif   impending   http://mysmileys.web44.net/smileys/chuckle002.gif  Impeachment actually know what it means, know the laws regarding Impeachment, or the exact steps that are required to actually accomplish a Presidential Impeachment.    Or are they only blowin' smoke up their own asses? http://33sm.net16.net/smileys/imthinkin6.gif

your problem is that you are not understanding what is going on. Watergate was up until now the worst scandal of US political history and now, Trumpgate is looming as far worse and potentially uncovering treason.  Trump and even Pence may lose their jobs.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #7 - May 18th, 2017 at 11:11am

longweekend58 wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 11:05am:
TRIVIA QUESTIONS:

► ► ► I'd like to know, & surely so do others,  if all those that are squawking about President Trump's http://mysmileys.web44.net/smileys/chuckle002.gif   impending   http://mysmileys.web44.net/smileys/chuckle002.gif  Impeachment actually know what it means, know the laws regarding Impeachment, or the exact steps that are required to actually accomplish a Presidential Impeachment.    Or are they only blowin' smoke up their own asses? http://33sm.net16.net/smileys/imthinkin6.gif

your problem is that you are not understanding what is going on. Watergate was up until now the worst scandal of US political history and now, Trumpgate is looming as far worse and potentially uncovering treason.  Trump and even Pence may lose their jobs.

So then longweakend58, by your  obvious 'dodge',  I'd have to conclude you don't know dick squat about the American Constitution, the Impeachment process, America's history pertaining to Impeachment, & you're only blowin' lil puffs of smoke up your own ass!  Figures as much!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 18th, 2017 at 11:35am

Panther wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 11:11am:
TRIVIA QUESTIONS:

So then longweakend58, by your  obvious 'dodge',  I'd have to conclude you don't know dick squat about the American Constitution, the Impeachment process, America's history pertaining to Impeachment, & you're only blowin' lil puffs of smoke up your own ass!  Figures as much!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

good grief you are stupid.  I know all about the impeachment process, but that is nothing to do with it. Trump is headed for removal from office one way or the other - and quickly.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #9 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:07pm

Excellent. 

Democrats bluff has been called, they'll wish they never said anything.   Lets see just how deep this rabbit hole goes.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:26pm

... wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 12:07pm:
Excellent. 

Democrats bluff has been called, they'll wish they never said anything.   Lets see just how deep this rabbit hole goes.

wow.... your stupidity is more than most expected. you do know they are investigating TRUMP and trump  alone, right?

idiot

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #11 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:59pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 11:35am:
TRIVIA QUESTIONS:

.......I know all about the impeachment process, but that is nothing to do with it. Trump is headed for removal from office one way or the other - and quickly.

......     ...   ......

longweakend58, I've been reading your bullsh!t for months, & that's all it is.......PURE BULLSH!T.......

You pretend to know about American History, about American Laws, about the American Constitution, & about what will become of the American President in the future (Impeachment for example)......the only problem is the FACT you know little if anything about any of those topics........much less than I suspected, so much so it is abundantly obvious that you are nothing but a bold faced liar.... ...

There are only 2 ways President Trump "MIGHT" be removed from office......If God calls him home, or he is Impeached, tried, found guilty of Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors, & then, & only then, by a possible decision & subsequent vote of the U.S. Senate.

Even at that, it isn't a surety that the U.S. Senate will remove President Trump from office.......Constitutionally, it is not mandatory.

« Last Edit: May 18th, 2017 at 1:11pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #12 - May 18th, 2017 at 1:03pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 12:26pm:
... wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 12:07pm:
Excellent. 

wow.... your stupidity is more than most expected. you do know they are investigating TRUMP and trump  alone, right?

idiot

100% wrong longy.

Quote:
The broad mandate, beyond any specific Trump-Russia connection, also covers "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."

You need to stop lying, and apologise.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - May 18th, 2017 at 1:05pm

Panther wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 12:59pm:
TRIVIA QUESTIONS:

.......I know all about the impeachment process, but that is nothing to do with it. Trump is headed for removal from office one way or the other - and quickly.

https://i.imgsafe.org/ce77171.gifhttps://i.imgsafe.org/ce77171.gif     https://i.imgsafe.org/ef4d9b7.gif   https://i.imgsafe.org/ce77171.gifhttps://i.imgsafe.org/ce77171.gif

There are only 2 ways President Trump "MIGHT" be removed from office......If God calls him home, or he is Impeached, tried, found guilty of Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors, & then, & only then, by a possible decision & subsequent vote of the U.S. Senate.

Even at that, it isn't a surety that the U.S. Senate will remove President Trump from office.......Constitutionally, it is not mandatory.

longweakend58, I've been reading your bullsh!t for months, & that's all it is.......PURE BULLSH!T.......

You pretend to know about American History, about American Laws, about the American Constitution, & about what will become of the American President in the future (Impeachment for example)......the only problem is the FACT you know little if anything about any of those topics........much less than I suspected, so much so it is abundantly obvious that you are nothing but a bold faced liar.... http://33sm.net16.net/smileys/cleanteeth09.gif

Actually I read an article where by (and you'll love this one Panther, since you're such a constitution fan) that it could be argued under the 25th amendment that Trump could be removed. UNlikely but poissible.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #14 - May 18th, 2017 at 1:23pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 1:05pm:
Panther wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 12:59pm:
TRIVIA QUESTIONS:

https://i.imgsafe.org/ce77171.gifhttps://i.imgsafe.org/ce77171.gif     https://i.imgsafe.org/ef4d9b7.gif   https://i.imgsafe.org/ce77171.gifhttps://i.imgsafe.org/ce77171.gif

You pretend to know about American History, about American Laws, about the American Constitution, & about what will become of the American President in the future (Impeachment for example)......the only problem is the FACT you know little if anything about any of those topics........much less than I suspected, so much so it is abundantly obvious that you are nothing but a bold faced liar.... http://33sm.net16.net/smileys/cleanteeth09.gif

There are really only 2 ways President Trump "MIGHT" be removed from office......If God calls him home, or he is Impeached, tried, found guilty of Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors, & then, & only then, by a possible decision & subsequent vote of the U.S. Senate.

Actually I read an article where by (and you'll love this one Panther, since you're such a constitution fan) that it could be argued under the 25th amendment that Trump could be removed. UNlikely but poissible.

Nice theory......but the 25 Amendment never "removes" the President from office.

That 25th Amendment was passed to facilitate the transition of the VP to assume the Presidency....temporarily....if the President should be incapacitated/unable to perform his Presidential duties. It's only been used a few times. When the President was operated on, & he would be unconscious or recuperating....therefore the VP would take over temporarily, & the President would resume his duties when he's capable again.....the other time it was used is when President Reagan was shot.....While he was being operated on, & during his recovery, VP Bush took over his duties, until Reagan was able to resume his duties.

At no time is the President "removed" from office.

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print