Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
ouch! this would hurt Taxmans son in Tax fraud. (Read 4124 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ouch! this would hurt Taxmans son in Tax fraud.
Reply #60 - May 21st, 2017 at 6:17pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 7:33pm:
Gnads wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 8:05am:
Skimming payroll tax into 2nd tier companies with straw directors.

Surely Daddy should have been suspicious of the over lavish lifestyle & expenditure?

I thought I read they weren't paying income tax to the ATO.... could be payroll tax....

thats right  maybe they were disappearing employees isnt that how payroll tax works.. by how many work for the business....

it all seems really weird  but the son knew he was being audited   and thats what got daddy involved....daddy would have know what it meant by and audit.... Sad Sad.. meaning they were suspicious.. meaning his boy was doing something not quite lawful.

as a dad I would have been  asking some very hard/tough questions.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #61 - May 21st, 2017 at 6:39pm

I finally read an Article today which explained it simply.

There is a Company called 'Rip Off.'  The Owners of this Company included Daddy's Son.

There are other Companies, but I'll keep it simple and refer to just one ~ called "Rip Off Big Time," also owned by people including Daddy's Son with muppet Directors......dumbnut people recruited to do a simple job.

So.....Rip Off gets contracts with large organisations and does a deal with them which is.....'You give us the money, and we will do all the administration associated with paying your employees and handing to the ATO the associated PAYG tax payments.'

So, organisations hand over the money to them. 

Rip Off pays the employee's entitlements, including the super, so all is well there.....employees getting what they ought.

Rip Off then hands over to Rip Off Big Time what ought be the PAYG tax component of those wages to pass onto to the ATO.  Rip Off Big Time hands over to the ATO what Rip Off gave them.

Here is the kicker.  Rip Off DID not give Rip Off Big Time ALL of the PAYG due to go to the ATO. 

They kept some and bought the bling with it.

It was always going to come to grief as I do not yet understand how the employees of those organisations reacted when they did not get the Tax Assessment they expected from the ATO, given they would have seen their PAYG withheld from their 'pay envelope' and likely got a Bill from the ATO.

Clear as mud?

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - May 22nd, 2017 at 2:12pm

So the company rip off - withheld PAYG tax from Payees.  Gee... and they did this for 165 million dollars before the house of cards crumble?  There have to be some kind of inside 'adjustment' going on.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print