Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Right to Openly Discuss Ideas must be Defended... (Read 5233 times)
Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Re: Right to Openly Discuss Ideas must be Defended...
Reply #45 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:14pm

cods wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 10:59pm:
Emma wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 9:59pm:
Sadly Cods, we have been led to believe there IS such a thing as safety and security.
So we can sit around and feel smugly comfy, looking at THEM.. the others who don't live in this safe little world of ours.

A total fallacy, in fact.

LIFE is not safe, and never has been. It is the human condition. Anything is possible, and if it can happen it likely will.

I disagree with that.. we have a jails loaded at the moment.....with people who have been planning some not nice things on aussie soil..

which says to me our security is doing its job....

can we keep up with the games these people play   remains to be seen...

but speaking for myself I feel very safe in this country....

I read where M15 had this person the <Manchester bomber in their sights.. yet let him be....so something went wrong there..

we can only do the best we can.....if we love our country then we put up with all the inconvenience that we have at airports....at this point in time there is no fear of sending our kids to a pop concert....

as I said I feel very safe.........it is sad what is happening worldwide and I wish it would stop...

all I hope is it never comes here......and I thank the lord for those who never take their eye off the ball.

But you see Cods it has come here. Lindt Café, for one.

And as you pointed out, not even MI5 and all that security don't always get it right.

BUT.. you seem to be focused on outside threats....face it. the most danger comes from those we know. Time and again people are injured and killed by those nearest and dearest.

It isn't that mayhem happens somewhere else... terrorism is the flavour of the times, but death and disaster is always lurking, and apart from being aware and vigilant in that awareness, there is no-one out there that can really keep you safe.

It isn't someone else's responsibility. We are all individually responsible for our own lives and well-being, but there are NO GUARANTEES..
I understand you need to feel safe..it is in all of us, but don't be fooled into thinking you ARE.

live every day

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #46 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:31pm

and look at the massive cash drain muslims are to us

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:33pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 11:31pm:
and look at the massive cash drain muslims are to us

Very few of them actually work, and when they do a lot of the money goes overseas to "anonymous" Muslim charities.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #48 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:36pm

oh oh the trolls under the bridge have popped up their ugly heads.

Too bad your opinions are so vacuous. You could be entertaining if you really tried hard.

live every day

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print