Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Right to Openly Discuss Ideas must be Defended... (Read 5179 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Right to Openly Discuss Ideas must be Defended...
Reply #30 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:25am

It always amuses me when people who claim the right to express their opinions whinge about people "trying to silence them" by presenting a counter-argument.

If you claim the right to say whatever is on your poisoned mind, expect people like me to not only rip you to shreds but to openly laugh at you while we do it.

Quid pro quo, innit.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #31 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:32am

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 2:25am:
It always amuses me when people who claim the right to express their opinions whinge about people "trying to silence them" by presenting a counter-argument.

If you claim the right to say whatever is on your poisoned mind, expect people like me to not only rip you to shreds but to openly laugh at you while we do it.

Quid pro quo, innit.

Aye..

Ban the feminists and their running dogs

Get some reality into the paradigm of family violence

Throw affirmative action out with the slops as it deserves

Demand that the burden of proof be properly upheld in rape and violence against women cases!

Now..... let's hear a counter-ARGUMENT without the personal vilification and the ad hominems.. if I want Ad Hominems I'll go to a gay advertising agency and chat with the boys .. (oh you Brute.. you BRUTE!)...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:40am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 2:32am:
mothra wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 2:25am:

Quid pro quo, innit.

Aye..

Ban the feminists and their running dogs

Get some reality into the paradigm of family violence

Throw affirmative action out with the slops as it deserves

Demand that the burden of proof be properly upheld in rape and violence against women cases!

Now..... let's hear a counter-ARGUMENT without the personal vilification and the ad hominems.. if I want Ad Hominems I'll go to a gay advertising agency and chat with the boys .. (oh you Brute.. you BRUTE!)...

You speak of banning feminists and our "running dogs" and you accuse me of ad hominem?

Anyway, how many times do you want me to try to debate this  stuff with you, Grap? I consider you to be very, very wrong. I've told you before. It didn't change your opinion in the slightest. No doubt because you consider me to be very, very wrong.

I hope you are humble enough to at leat notice that i'm not calling for your banning though.

That may just give you a clue into the difference between us.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #33 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:23pm

Mattyfisk wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 12:49am:
Mr Hammer wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 9:59pm:
The right of someone to openly express their views shouldn't be confused with a person's responsibility for what they say. The audience has a right to take the speaker seriously.

If a person indicates they are a danger by the language they use, they can fully expect to be taken seriously as a danger.

Kill them.

Absolutely !

Off with their heads !

How dare they offend our feelings !

IMAGE...

Sydney, 2012, moslem street protests.

Moslems,        religious bigots,         'demonstrating', just how 'peaceful' ISLAM and moslems really are.

Moslems demanding their 'human right' to exercise the 'freedom of religion' of the moslem.

THE RIGHT OF THE MOSLEM [which is set out within ISLAMIC law!], to kill people who do not believe as they [moslems] believe.

IMAGE...

"Behead those who insult ISLAM"

Islamic street protest - IN AUSTRALIA - on the streets of Sydney from Hyde Park to George Streets, September 15, 2012.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #34 - May 23rd, 2017 at 1:04am

Aye, the world is filled with lunatics.

Ideas should be defended not dogma .

Anything based on old religious texts written by the clerics of that religion, whatever it may be, should be discarded as irrelevant today.

live every day

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 23rd, 2017 at 8:42am

I think differ.  I believe all of our sufferings in the world are actually caused by human themselves.   And that goes down to the principle of greed.  Greed happens when someone wants something that they cant have.  And this causes suffering within the individual.  And often, it then externalizes by the brain to reduce this suffering by any means possible. 

Mark my words.  Even if this word, have no Islam, there will still be another god or gods in another name.  Even if there is no nazis there will still be another organization who does the same.   People here want the easier way out to blame or to kill certain people who they believe are associated with evil.   But that is just another way for their minds to externalize their fear, suffering and hatred. 

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #36 - May 23rd, 2017 at 10:25am

'Lets NOT examine what ISLAM is, too closely.

Lets NOT examine what is        motivating        ISLAMIC violence too closely.

In fact......   i'm sure, that if we simply ignore       the cause      of ISLAMIC violence, and instead, if we are nice to moslems, then moslems will reciprocate, and be nice to us.

Surely!

And then       the cause       of ISLAMIC violence will simply fade away and disappear!'

Honest!

/sarc off

Quote:

By Christine Williams on May 20, 2017 11:30 am

UK: Muslims outraged by question “How Islamic is Islamic State?”

A question just as relevant as “how Islamic is Islamic State?” is this one: why should any such question anger Muslims and a leading Muslim group?

This perpetual defensiveness and victimhood posturing, and the shutting down of legitimate discourse actually shows that these Muslim groups share much in common with the Islamic State’s doctrine, which.....

Google

PROPOSITION;
How ridiculous it is, in our so-called 'enlightened' West,
          that so few 'intellectuals' [e.g. academic experts in human philosophy, and societal politics] and so few in the MSM here in the West,
are prepared to make any critical argument against that stance which is being exhibited by moslems and by all moslem communities,
....THE STANCE, that is should be wholly acceptable to those 'enlightened' ones [our political policymakers], when we witness moslems actively seek to stifle scrutiny and critical examination of what mainstream ISLAM is.
i.e. The 'enlightened' ones among us, are so, so happy to       NOT       [publicly] examine what mainstream ISLAM                allows, forbids and seeks to impose upon others.

Why so ?

n.b.
There are many moslems, living among us here in Australia, that would commit such atrocities [detail article below], upon 'everyday' Australians.
[those who live among us, are devout moslems, they are 'ISLAMIC State' cadres !!!!]

-------- >

The only reason that 'Aussie' moslems do not try to behave in this way, is that they are not yet strong enough, or confident enough, to be able to successfully commit such atrocities, upon 'everyday' Australians.

But, many moslems who live among us have demonstrated, that they want to commit such atrocities upon us !!!          [Google;  MCG terror bomb plot]

-------- >

Quote:

By Christine Williams on May 20, 2017 11:17 am

Islamic State beheads and dismembers dozens of women and children in jihad attack on Shia villages

The series of deadly attacks in the central Hama province targeted villages where most residents belong to the Ismaili branch of Shia Islam.

The Islamic State considers Ismailis apostates, and the Sharia punishment for apostasy is death.

But you won’t hear much about Muslim-on-Muslim violence committed in the name of Islam from the mainstream media......

Google

QUESTION;
Why do we allow these people to live among us ?
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1469402078/0#0

"Fighting [against disbelievers] is prescribed for you, and [if] ye dislike it.....Allah knoweth, and ye know not."
Koran 2.216

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."
Koran 9.123

"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain:...."
Koran 9.111

-------- >

IMAGE...

Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar outside Parramatta police headquarters

QUESTION;
What 'set off' Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar on that fateful day, to decide to murder Australian Curtis Cheng in Parramatta, NSW ???

ANSWER;
ONLY ALLAH KNOWS!

n.b.
ISLAMIC culture encouraged Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar, to murder Australian Curtis Cheng.

Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar was inspired by ISLAM's imperative, which urged him TO KILL THE ENEMIES OF ALLAH.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #37 - May 23rd, 2017 at 10:33am

Emma wrote on May 23rd, 2017 at 1:04am:

Aye, the world is filled with lunatics.

Ideas should be defended not dogma .

Anything based on old religious texts written by the clerics of that religion, whatever it may be, should be discarded as irrelevant today.

Emma,

Are you suggesting that mankind can learn nothing from written ancient wisdom ?

Aye, the world is filled with ignorance and complacency.

No ?

Proverbs 14:16
A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

Proverbs 14:22
Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.

Proverbs 14:25
A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1214199336/462#462

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #38 - May 24th, 2017 at 12:06am

No Yadda. I was talking about ancient religious texts. Totally different to ancient wisdom. Unless you are of the belief that only religious texts contain wisdom.

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #39 - May 24th, 2017 at 12:10am

tickleandrose wrote on May 23rd, 2017 at 8:42am:
I think differ.  I believe all of our sufferings in the world are actually caused by human themselves.   And that goes down to the principle of greed.  Greed happens when someone wants something that they cant have.  And this causes suffering within the individual.  And often, it then externalizes by the brain to reduce this suffering by any means possible. 

Mark my words.  Even if this word, have no Islam, there will still be another god or gods in another name.  Even if there is no nazis there will still be another organization who does the same.   People here want the easier way out to blame or to kill certain people who they believe are associated with evil.   But that is just another way for their minds to externalize their fear, suffering and hatred. 

Agree

live every day

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #40 - May 27th, 2017 at 8:38am

Luckily, ancient wisdom was not written down (otherwise it would be a text), so you can just make it up.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #41 - May 27th, 2017 at 10:30am

Quote:
: Right to Openly Discuss Ideas must be Defended...

Then there is the topic arguing the exact opposite ???

Quote:
High time to Change the way we handle Terrorism

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - May 27th, 2017 at 10:38am

Dnarever wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 10:30am:
Quote:
: Right to Openly Discuss Ideas must be Defended...

Then there is the topic arguing the exact opposite ???

Quote:
High time to Change the way we handle Terrorism

not sure I see a conflict there dna?>....

security  is something I would think we all crave...

as well as what we laughing call  FOS..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

of course like most things  we have a group of goons living amongst us that always carry everything far to far...

into the realms of abuse and chaos..

not much we can do about them.. BUT...we do have to control them if we want to win the war against all forms of terrorism.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #43 - May 27th, 2017 at 9:59pm

Sadly Cods, we have been led to believe there IS such a thing as safety and security.
So we can sit around and feel smugly comfy, looking at THEM.. the others who don't live in this safe little world of ours.

A total fallacy, in fact.

LIFE is not safe, and never has been. It is the human condition. Anything is possible, and if it can happen it likely will.

live every day

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - May 27th, 2017 at 10:59pm

Emma wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 9:59pm:
Sadly Cods, we have been led to believe there IS such a thing as safety and security.
So we can sit around and feel smugly comfy, looking at THEM.. the others who don't live in this safe little world of ours.

A total fallacy, in fact.

LIFE is not safe, and never has been. It is the human condition. Anything is possible, and if it can happen it likely will.

I disagree with that.. we have a jails loaded at the moment.....with people who have been planning some not nice things on aussie soil..

which says to me our security is doing its job....

can we keep up with the games these people play   remains to be seen...

but speaking for myself I feel very safe in this country....

I read where M15 had this person the <Manchester bomber in their sights.. yet let him be....so something went wrong there..

we can only do the best we can.....if we love our country then we put up with all the inconvenience that we have at airports....at this point in time there is no fear of sending our kids to a pop concert....

as I said I feel very safe.........it is sad what is happening worldwide and I wish it would stop...

all I hope is it never comes here......and I thank the lord for those who never take their eye off the ball..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print