x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: Missing in action
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2017 at 7:40am

Hi AG - I'm still alive. Thanks for your concern. I appreciate it.

When I do cark it - my daughter has been instructed to log in and advise Ozpoitic of my passing.

I'm only joking. I had my second flu injection last week and unlike the one last year - it's knocked me around. I don't know why I let my doctor talk me into it.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2017 at 7:44am

not nearly as bad as the real flu virus though mantra...

so I am told..

not sure why I believe everything I am told.. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2017 at 7:54am

Maybe Cods. I don't think I've ever had the flu, but I've had bronchitis in winter since I was a child. After the first flu shot last year it was the first time I didn't have any symptoms. This year is different. I had an allergic reaction after the needle. I just wonder if they've added a new bug in addition to last year's concoction.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2017 at 8:05am

mantra wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 7:54am:
Maybe Cods. I don't think I've ever had the flu, but I've had bronchitis in winter since I was a child. After the first flu shot last year it was the first time I didn't have any symptoms. This year is different. I had an allergic reaction after the needle. I just wonder if they've added a new bug in addition to last year's concoction.

I believe (but I could be wrong) that the bugs they use in the vaccines change every year to keep up with what's going around. You're already immunised against last years viruses, No need for more of the same

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #5 - May 15th, 2017 at 8:17am

John Smith wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 8:05am:
I believe (but I could be wrong) that the bugs they use in the vaccines change every year to keep up with what's going around. You're already immunised against last years viruses, No need for more of the same

I should have had the foresight to think of that. I was slack in looking up reviews on this year's vaccination. If this last shot doesn't kill me - I'll wait for a few years before thinking of having another one.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 15th, 2017 at 8:31am

mantra wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 8:17am:
John Smith wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 8:05am:

I should have had the foresight to think of that. I was slack in looking up reviews on this year's vaccination. If this last shot doesn't kill me - I'll wait for a few years before thinking of having another one.

Negative interference, Mantra. All flu shots protect against 3 or 4 strains. If a flu strain introduced to your bloodstream hasn't changed very much from a flu strain introduced into your bloodstream previously, the antibodies from the first shot will neutralise some of the vaccine from the second shot before an immune response can be mounted.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #7 - May 15th, 2017 at 8:34am

mothra wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 8:31am:
Negative interference, Mantra. All flu shots protect against 3 or 4 strains. If a flu strain introduced to your bloodstream hasn't changed very much from a flu strain introduced into your bloodstream previously, the antibodies from the first shot will neutralise some of the vaccine from the second shot before an immune response can be mounted.

That makes sense mothra - that's why I think something new has been introduced. There were 4 strains in last year's shot - so what have they added since then?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 15th, 2017 at 8:53am

mantra wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 8:34am:
mothra wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 8:31am:

That makes sense mothra - that's why I think something new has been introduced. There were 4 strains in last year's shot - so what have they added since then?

No Mantra, you misunderstand. Not that i blame you, it's hard to get your head around.

If something new was added this year, it's not that that has made you feel awful.

It is the incomplete immune response from a strain already in your blood stream.

See, the vaccine works by informing the immune system about certain proteins on the surface of the flu virus. When the immune system comes across those proteins again, it mounts an attack, having already being "taught" what to do.

Negative interference means that when you are shot full of the same flu strain in subsequent years, the antibodies created from a previous shot will neutralise parts of the vaccine you're topping up with, leaving the flu virus itself free to trigger illness.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #9 - May 15th, 2017 at 9:15am

mothra wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 8:53am:
No Mantra, you misunderstand. Not that i blame you, it's hard to get your head around.

If something new was added this year, it's not that that has made you feel awful.

It is the incomplete immune response from a strain already in your blood stream.

See, the vaccine works by informing the immune system about certain proteins on the surface of the flu virus. When the immune system comes across those proteins again, it mounts an attack, having already being "taught" what to do.

Negative interference means that when you are shot full of the same flu strain in subsequent years, the antibodies created from a previous shot will neutralise parts of the vaccine you're topping up with, leaving the flu virus itself free to trigger illness.

So in effect mothra - I've got the flu from a vaccination even though I've never had the flu before. Like most of my generation I've had a lot of vaccinations, but this last one is probably the worst. A day after there was a huge inflamed lump where the needle went in. I've got aches and pains I've never experienced before. I wouldn't recommend it now to anyone.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 15th, 2017 at 9:32am

mantra wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 9:15am:

So in effect mothra - I've got the flu from a vaccination even though I've never had the flu before. Like most of my generation I've had a lot of vaccinations, but this last one is probably the worst. A day after there was a huge inflamed lump where the needle went in. I've got aches and pains I've never experienced before. I wouldn't recommend it now to anyone.

Sure sounds like the flu, Mantra.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 15th, 2017 at 1:49pm

mantra wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 9:15am:

I had what they called the Hong Kong flu many years ago before vaccination....and it was horrible was in bed for two weeks  it affected me all over and took about two years to really recover ... if you are having nothing more than a bad cold..that makes you feel yuck but you can still get around then I think you will live mantra...the virus' we are dealing with these days  can put you in hospital.

you are only young yet   plenty of time to knock you over...I have had the injections for years....and the germs just bounce off me...lolol..

maybe you were coming down with something before you had them...anyway wish you better and outside getting some of this Autumn sunshine into your bones its gorgeous out there..

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #12 - May 15th, 2017 at 2:08pm

If you are 65 or over you should have received a vaccination against pneumonia.

I don’t believe too much in flu injections—flu virus mutates rapidly.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #13 - May 15th, 2017 at 5:15pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 2:08pm:
If you are 65 or over you should have received a vaccination against pneumonia.

The pneumonia vaccination is a great innovation. It will save thousands of lives.

cods wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 1:49pm:
I had what they called the Hong Kong flu many years ago before vaccination....and it was horrible was in bed for two weeks  it affected me all over and took about two years to really recover ... if you are having nothing more than a bad cold..that makes you feel yuck but you can still get around then I think you will live mantra...the virus' we are dealing with these days  can put you in hospital.

you are only young yet   plenty of time to knock you over...I have had the injections for years....and the germs just bounce off me...lolol..

maybe you were coming down with something before you had them...anyway wish you better and outside getting some of this Autumn sunshine into your bones its gorgeous out there..

The days are beautiful in Autumn Cods. It's my favourite time of year. I've been doing some gardening today - everything is so fresh and green.

I know that as you get older - it takes longer to recover from an illness, but as the vaccination only covers 4 strains - you could catch any old strain if the wrong person sneezes on you.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #14 - May 15th, 2017 at 6:41pm

cods wrote on May 15th, 2017 at 7:44am:
not sure why I believe everything I am told.. Smiley Smiley

I would re assess that outlook on life cods!

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print