Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Cocaine Cassie... (Read 10415 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Cocaine Cassie...
May 12th, 2017 at 6:35pm

who is it this Buzzard is getting Millions of dollars thrown at her and her family and no one says a word about it???

Meanwhile...

Schapelle Corby is not allowed to make a cent from TV interviews or books etc...

wtf??  Undecided

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Cocaine Cassie...
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2017 at 6:40pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on May 12th, 2017 at 6:35pm:
who is it this Buzzard is getting Millions of dollars thrown at her and her family and no one says a word about it???

Meanwhile...

Schapelle Corby is not allowed to make a cent from TV interviews or books etc...

wtf??  Undecided

True.  Her Family have.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 12th, 2017 at 6:46pm

Meanwhile...

wtf??  Undecided

Corby is a convicted criminal.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - May 12th, 2017 at 6:47pm

I couldn't give a sheet about MJ, but cocaine brings untold death and misery all up and down the supply chain, including the terrible environmental cost. Cocaine labs in the jungle are like toxic waste dumps.

An unethical drug that I've never touched.

Shitpell is a stupid bogan, but I don't mind if she makes a buck out of her ordeal.

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 13th, 2017 at 2:25pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 12th, 2017 at 6:46pm:

Meanwhile...

wtf??  Undecided

she wasn't at the time of the money ban...

and what about Chopper Read?

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - May 13th, 2017 at 2:32pm

Meanwhile...

wtf??  Undecided

It's hypocrisy of the highest order when television stations make 100's of 1000's of dollars on commercial advertising while showing docos and interviews with the likes of Corby, and yet she doesn't get paid a cent.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - May 13th, 2017 at 2:36pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on May 13th, 2017 at 2:25pm:

Meanwhile...

wtf??  Undecided

she wasn't at the time of the money ban...

and what about Chopper Read?

I was on the money, maybe.

Link.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #7 - May 13th, 2017 at 2:41pm

Aussie wrote on May 13th, 2017 at 2:36pm:

Link.

As you can see in the link - Corby is hiding her face because of its commercial value when she arrives back in Australia.

She's going to make a killing with magazine photos and interviews, and appearances on the commercial channels.

Hollywood movie rights to her story, etc.

No wonder her bogan family is smiling like Cheshire cats.

All this kerfuffle over some weed which is legal in some states of the US and Australia.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2017 at 2:54pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 13th, 2017 at 4:12pm

Lord Herbert wrote on May 13th, 2017 at 2:41pm:

Link.

As you can see in the link - Corby is hiding her face because of its commercial value when she arrives back in Australia.

She's going to make a killing with magazine photos and interviews, and appearances on the commercial channels.

All this kerfuffle over some weed which is legal in some states of the US and Australia.

Good luck to her.

If people are willing to pay, and watch, I have no problem with it.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - May 13th, 2017 at 4:48pm

Hmmm.. easy to see how someone could con you into transporting 5-6 kilos of coke, telling you it's washing powder for their mum or whatever ...happens every day..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 13th, 2017 at 4:48pm

Meanwhile...

wtf??  Undecided

Is that a core conviction or a non-core one?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 13th, 2017 at 4:59pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 13th, 2017 at 4:12pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on May 13th, 2017 at 2:41pm:

Link.

Good luck to her.

If people are willing to pay, and watch, I have no problem with it.

I hope she does get millions..

im 100% against drugs but she has been hung out to dry in this case and has paid back 500% of the crime she committed...

I'm certain she is now stuffed in the head...

but if TV is willing to pay then so be it... how can they make a movie or mini series with filthy executives filling their pockets with millions while corby goes penniless??

some of that money should come back to help her mental health... although I think its lost...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #12 - May 13th, 2017 at 6:30pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 13th, 2017 at 4:48pm:
Hmmm.. easy to see how someone could con you into transporting 5-6 kilos of coke, telling you it's washing powder for their mum or whatever ...happens every day..

It does.

I read articles about it years ago where people told their stories of how by sheer luck they discovered drugs stashed in their travel bag before getting onto flights to different destinations. The crooks would cleverly switch bags on you that are exactly the same as your own bag, or bump into you and deposit a packet of drugs in your bag ... etc etc.

A thousand and one skillful 'legerdemain' manipulations to plant drugs on you.

When people who are caught claim to be innocent, I'm not so quick to be cynical nowadays.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 13th, 2017 at 6:39pm

Lord Herbert wrote on May 13th, 2017 at 6:30pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 13th, 2017 at 4:48pm:

It does.

I read articles about it years ago where people told their stories of how by sheer luck they discovered drugs stashed in their travel bag before getting onto flights to different destinations. The crooks would cleverly switch bags on you that are exactly the same as your own bag, or bump into you and deposit a packet of drugs in your bag ... etc etc.

A thousand and one skillful 'legerdemain' manipulations to plant drugs on you.

When people who are caught claim to be innocent, I'm not so quick to be cynical nowadays.

I can see it happening.... whale oil beef hooked... (say it quickly)...

Always lock your bags and never let them out of your sight.

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 21st, 2017 at 6:30pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/cassie-sainsbury-claims-she-was-f...

and the PLOT THICKENS  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

ASSIE Sainsbury claims she was threatened by a mystery international drugs syndicate and forced to act as a cocaine mule — or her family would be hurt.

The explosive explanation for her arrest on April 13 at Bogota’s El Dorado Airport, with 5.8 kilograms of the drug in her luggage has been revealed in documents lodged by her Australian lawyers, in their failed attempt to stop Channel 7 broadcasting its interview with her fiance Scott Broadbridge.

In the statement of facts lodged with the Federal Court of Australia, it is alleged Sainsbury “has fallen victim to an international drug trafficking syndicate” which “threatened her life and the life of her family if she did not comply with their demands.”

As a result, [Sainsbury] has applied to the Colombian authorities and the Australian Federal Police to be placed into a witness protection program.”

Cassie claims she was ‘forced’ to act as a drug mule. Picture: AFP
Her legal team were reportedly alarmed by early publicity surrounding her fiance’s paid appearance on Seven’s Sunday Night program, in which he had hinted he would reveal her involvement with the drug cartel and more background details which led to her arrest.

Recordings of Broadbridge’s phone conversations with Cassie were set to be broadcast as part of the program, but her lawyers objected to the tapings, complaining they were made without her knowledge or consent.

Seven’s lawyers rejected any claims “it has in any way acted unlawfully during the preparation of an upcoming report regarding Mr Scott Bainbridge’s visit to see his fiance.”

Seven's Sunday Night have released a new pic of Scott Broadbridge with his drug accused fiance, Cassie Sainsbury. Picture: Supplied/Seven
Justine Munsie, a partner for Addisons law firm acting for Seven, wrote to Sainsbury’s lawyers last week stating: “you may wish to inform the Colombian Prosecutor that Seven’s Sunday Night program is not broadcast or available in Colombia as this should allay any concerns they may have expressed.”

Cassie Sainsbury’s lawyers have lost an injunction against Channel Seven. Picture: Seven
Justice John Sackar dismissed the application from Sainsbury’s lawyers after the court was closed to the media to hear evidence.

“I dismiss the plaintiff’s application and there is no restraint on Channel Seven in relation to their Sunday program this evening,” he said in court.

Sainsbury’s lawyers had also sought to enforce an injunction against News Corp from publishing as well but this was dropped before the bid against Channel 7 was defeated.

60 Minutes reporter Liam Bartlett, who travelled to Bogota with Sainsbury’s mother Lisa Evans and sister Khala, has revealed prosecutors “want to interview him — sit down and ask him some questions” over her case.

Cassie Sainsbury's mother Lisa Evans and sister Khala in Bogota. Picture: Channel 9
“Over here, from what I can gather, the prosecutor’s office has to rely on Scott volunteering to sit down. Whether or not that happens is in the lap of the gods. It hasn’t happened yet. What he (Broadbridge) does or doesn’t know is a very big question mark.

“I know her (Sainsbury’s) legal team were very surprised to see him here. I asked Lisa and Khala whether or not they had suspicions about him and their answer was ‘we have suspicions about a few people’. They refused to say no.”

SEVEN’S SUNDAY NIGHT AND NINE’S 60 MINUTES WILL BOTH AIR AT 8.30PM, SUNDAY MAY 21.

they will be selling movie rights next

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print