Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
'Stalker' allegation. (Read 7241 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

'Stalker' allegation.
May 11th, 2017 at 8:55pm

It is made quite often here, and just like an accusation that someone is a paedophile, has very serious criminal implications.

Can it be placed in the same 'do not use' basket as paedophile is?

I am not suggesting this is anything other than the most recent example, but it was what inspired this Thread:

Link.

I'm not suggestion there is direct equivalence between the two....just highlighting the common factor....an allegation of very serious criminal conduct that ought be referred to Plod, not made here.

« Last Edit: May 11th, 2017 at 9:10pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: 'Stalker' allegation.
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2017 at 10:18pm

I have said many times here that what people call stalking is not stalking. "You posted straight after me in a public forum! Stalker!" Obviously doesn't meet the legal definition.

Perhaps, Aussie, perhaps. Let's see what FD has to say. I for one really do not like people being accused of illegal activities to get one up on another member.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - May 11th, 2017 at 10:23pm

Setanta wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 10:18pm:
I have said many times here that what people call stalking is not stalking. "You posted straight after me in a public forum! Stalker!" Obviously doesn't meet the legal definition.

Perhaps, Aussie, perhaps. Let's see what FD has to say. I for one really do not like people being accused of illegal activities to get one up on another member.

Yet, the accusation is made far too often to blacken the name of a Member who is not stalking (as you say) whatsoever.

Mud sticks and that is the very deliberate intent......impugn a Member, and quite falsely, as happened in that Thread I linked.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - May 11th, 2017 at 10:41pm

Aussie wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 10:23pm:

Yet, the accusation is made far too often to blacken the name of a Member who is not stalking (as you say) whatsoever.

Mud sticks and that is the very deliberate intent......impugn a Member, and quite falsely, as happened in that Thread I linked.

I read that before you posted this and o be honest I didn't see Gordy's that way, more of a joke. But still I'd like members to be free from accusations of activities that are illegal. I saw no malice in his post.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - May 11th, 2017 at 10:57pm

Setanta wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 10:41pm:
Aussie wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 10:23pm:

I read that before you posted this and o be honest I didn't see Gordy's that way, more of a joke. But still I'd like members to be free from accusations of activities that are illegal. I saw no malice in his post.

As I said....I used that as an example of how casually the allegation is made.....malice aside.

It is a nasty and insidious thing to be accused of and carries significant legal sanctions, both civilly and criminally.

I doubt I can say anything more on the matter.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #5 - May 11th, 2017 at 10:59pm

You have made allegations that a member here has hacked both this forum, PA and Yahoo yet I see no actions have been taken against you Aussie, the accuser. Maybe you should not be so quick to point the finger at someone else without considering your own behaviour first.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #6 - May 11th, 2017 at 11:08pm

AiA wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 10:59pm:
You have made allegations that a member here has hacked both this forum, PA and Yahoo yet I see no actions have been taken against you Aussie, the accuser. Maybe you should not be so quick to point the finger at someone else without considering your own behaviour first.

As I said, I'd like to see all allegations of illegality against members be gone. I think it's a pretty low form of debate.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #7 - May 11th, 2017 at 11:09pm

Setanta wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 11:08pm:

I think it's a pretty low form of debate.

Agreed.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - May 12th, 2017 at 8:32pm

Troll

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - May 12th, 2017 at 9:50pm

freediver wrote on May 12th, 2017 at 8:32pm:
Troll

I know why you say that but on a wider scale, do you think members should be slandered with illegalities? I don't.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jun 25th, 2017 at 9:31pm

Setanta wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 11:08pm:

As I said, I'd like to see all allegations of illegality against members be gone. I think it's a pretty low form of debate.

Yet Aussie throws out all kinds of lies in Relationshits weekly with impunity ...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 7:52am

On the original question, I am not going to ban the stalker accusation. It is not the same thing as being called a pedophile.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin

Reply #12 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 9:11pm

Gee - if there was a paedophile or terrorist exploiting or roaming this Forum.
I for one would totally support anyone who has a sincere 'question' about that kind of person.
Better to be proved wrong (understandably), than to let such a person go unchecked.
"Just smile for the cameras Pope John Paul." (and turn a blind eye to it all)

I think it would 'shame' this Forum pretty bad, if such a person went 'un-checked'.
I would prefer 'proof', rather than 'opinionated whims'.

And it should be assessed by no other(s) except FreeDiver and Myself !!

Oh - I'm putting myself out on a limb here  Shocked

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #13 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 9:17pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 26th, 2017 at 9:11pm:
Gee - if there was a paedophile or terrorist exploiting or roaming this Forum.
I for one would totally support anyone who has a sincere 'question' about that kind of person.
Better to be proved wrong (understandably), than to let such a person go unchecked.
"Just smile for the cameras Pope John Paul." (and turn a blind eye to it all)

I think it would 'shame' this Forum pretty bad, if such a person went 'un-checked'.
I would prefer 'proof', rather than 'opinionated whims'.

And it should be assessed by no other(s) except FreeDiver and Myself !!

Oh - I'm putting myself out on a limb here  Shocked

Ozpolitic pedophilia experts?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Jasin

Reply #14 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 9:34pm

It remains to be seen.
Gotta start somewhere.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print