Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
fluvac (Read 12851 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: fluvac
Reply #45 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:43pm

So you're saying 'everyone' should be mandatorily vaccinated yearly against both Flu & Cold by the Medical Industry ( a Medical Industry that works for nations more apt at winning Wars)?
That 'Western' society should 'sterilise' its populations from Cold/Flus?

Talk about making a 'simple' thing more complicated than it needs to be.
Roll Eyes

That person who has 'supressed' the effects of Cold/Flu for decades upon the reliance (and dependency) of 'technological advancement' (just another 'gimmick' for the Medical Industry to pump out and make money, create more medical jobs) ...suddenly finds themselves unable to attain the following year's 'jab' and they suddenly find themselves with a Flu or Cold.
They will ...die!

Just making more little allergy prone, cotton woolled, fragile little eggshells - totally dependent on 'technological superiority' ...like a handicap needs a wheelchair.  Tongue

Science does some wonderful things ...but it also does some really stupid things.

"Over-Achievers".

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #46 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:55pm

Bobby. wrote on May 8th, 2017 at 10:10pm:
bogarde73 wrote on May 8th, 2017 at 9:07am:
I never have had any reaction to the flu shot over god knows how many years.
But I had one Thursday and I've been feeling washed out just like you do when you're just getting over a flu bug or something like that.

Anybody else had a similar reaction?

You can get a slight temperature the next day - say 37.5 C
& you might also get a headache.
It's nothing that 2 panadols won't fix.

yes, I think that is a normal sort of reaction

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #47 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:13pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 10:45am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 11:49pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 8:42am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 4:23am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:47am:
Flu vaccinations dont make your immune system lazy. Flu is not short term pain for everyone.
Still committing the same errors JaSinner.

My recent bout, one that I have not had since 2015, had given me chest pains when I coughed and agony stings when I sneezed. Going a night where I would awake every 10 minutes to have a coughing fit, it was torture.

And being that I did not have influenza since 2015, my immune system had weakened enough to have forgotten how to deal with it. I have not had the flu vaccination. However, I have heard people's accounts that they had the vaccinations in May, and were very sick with influenza by June. We might well say that the vaccinations are not working.

No, we may well not for several reasons.
1. Many respiratory tract infections occur, and their symptoms are similar to the flu. People usually self-diagnose with the flu when it could be something else.
2. The flu changes its antigens (shift and drift) thereby evading the immune system. Australias vaccination program is based on the Northern Hemispheres winter flu antigen types. So its possible that you were vaccinated against the most common flu type at the moment, but encountered a new strain.

I have never been vaccinated against influenza. I don't intend on doing so in the future.

I am currently feeling like my flu is in its death throes. But food tastes funny. It is like I need to digest my stomach mucous in order to get passed the last hurdle.

So this bollocks about your immune system weakening is just bullshit you know right?

Well, I would not know. That is why I raised the question. A number of people talking about having the vaccination, only to be hit with a strong bout of influenza a month or two later.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #48 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:27pm

... wrote on May 8th, 2017 at 2:45pm:
"Flu like symptoms" are common when you get a shot of the flu.

Who woulda thunk it?

Nonsense. I've had 'flu shots for yonkers but never once felt any backwash from them.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #49 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 11:20am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:13pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 10:45am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 11:49pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 8:42am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 4:23am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:47am:
Flu vaccinations dont make your immune system lazy. Flu is not short term pain for everyone.
Still committing the same errors JaSinner.

My recent bout, one that I have not had since 2015, had given me chest pains when I coughed and agony stings when I sneezed. Going a night where I would awake every 10 minutes to have a coughing fit, it was torture.

And being that I did not have influenza since 2015, my immune system had weakened enough to have forgotten how to deal with it. I have not had the flu vaccination. However, I have heard people's accounts that they had the vaccinations in May, and were very sick with influenza by June. We might well say that the vaccinations are not working.

No, we may well not for several reasons.
1. Many respiratory tract infections occur, and their symptoms are similar to the flu. People usually self-diagnose with the flu when it could be something else.
2. The flu changes its antigens (shift and drift) thereby evading the immune system. Australias vaccination program is based on the Northern Hemispheres winter flu antigen types. So its possible that you were vaccinated against the most common flu type at the moment, but encountered a new strain.

I have never been vaccinated against influenza. I don't intend on doing so in the future.

I am currently feeling like my flu is in its death throes. But food tastes funny. It is like I need to digest my stomach mucous in order to get passed the last hurdle.

So this bollocks about your immune system weakening is just bullshit you know right?

Well, I would not know. That is why I raised the question. A number of people talking about having the vaccination, only to be hit with a strong bout of influenza a month or two later.

MMm, see I debate the influenza part. Replace that with bad respiratory tract infection and I buy it.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #50 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 4:54pm

Quote:
What are the symptoms?
People with influenza typically experience some or all of the following symptoms:

fever and chills
cough, sore throat and runny or stuffy nose
muscle aches, joint pains , headaches and fatigue (feeling very tired)
nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea (more common in children than adults).

http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/influenza_factsheet.asp...

Had all those symptoms. From one day to the next. Apart from this cough, I am symptom-free, now. Perhaps a little more tired than usual, though.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #51 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 8:42pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 4:54pm:
Quote:
What are the symptoms?
People with influenza typically experience some or all of the following symptoms:

fever and chills
cough, sore throat and runny or stuffy nose
muscle aches, joint pains , headaches and fatigue (feeling very tired)
nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea (more common in children than adults).

http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/influenza_factsheet.asp...

Had all those symptoms. From one day to the next. Apart from this cough, I am symptom-free, now. Perhaps a little more tired than usual, though.

Symptoms of lots of other things.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print