fluvac (Read 12892 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: fluvac
Reply #30 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:05pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 24th, 2017 at 1:50pm:
Cold & Flu are good for you (long term).
It's a 'natural' immunity build-up that keeps nastier things away.

The one I have now is similar to a strain I had in high school and early adulthood. I think the first time I got this bad case of influenza I was about 7 years old and could not get out of bed. My mother was demanding that we head to the Yeppoon Show for the day. But I did not want to move. In high school, some feral thought it fun to spread his disease around. I don't recall getting this type of influenza again until more recently. That is, probably 2 years ago when I got over the strain quite quickly.

Last night, I could not fall asleep until 3am because I was too worried about suffocating from the mucous in my lungs. Apparently, Codral sore throat lozengers (honey and lemon) are great for cutting the cough down really well. I just need to unblock my ears, and I should be right for Monday.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #31 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 8:55am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 4:05pm:

The one I have now is similar to a strain I had in high school and early adulthood. I think the first time I got this bad case of influenza I was about 7 years old and could not get out of bed. My mother was demanding that we head to the Yeppoon Show for the day. But I did not want to move. In high school, some feral thought it fun to spread his disease around. I don't recall getting this type of influenza again until more recently. That is, probably 2 years ago when I got over the strain quite quickly.

Last night, I could not fall asleep until 3am because I was too worried about suffocating from the mucous in my lungs. Apparently, Codral sore throat lozengers (honey and lemon) are great for cutting the cough down really well. I just need to unblock my ears, and I should be right for Monday.

Does JaSinner know anything about immunity?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #32 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 1:18pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 8:55am:

I think he is on the right track. I had a severe strain of some virus when I was a child. Took me a month to get over it. Every year I had the same sort of virus. I was better able to handle it every year. Eventually, it got to a point where people would cough and splutter their influenza during outbreaks, and I would be immune. Maybe a day or two of tiredness, but not more.

When stress hits people, their immunity is down. I turned down a go kart participation yesterday because I knew that I would have a coughing fit and relapse into some runny nosed man-child. You just need to build up your immunity every year, and not allow those stupid flu vaccinations to let your own immune system get lazy.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #33 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 1:31pm

Not really, but ok.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:32pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 1:18pm:
[quote author=JaSin link=1494198446/18#18 date=1503546657]Cold & Flu are good for you (long term).

I think he is on the right track. I had a severe strain of some virus when I was a child. Took me a month to get over it. Every year I had the same sort of virus. I was better able to handle it every year. Eventually, it got to a point where people would cough and splutter their influenza during outbreaks, and I would be immune. Maybe a day or two of tiredness, but not more.

When stress hits people, their immunity is down. I turned down a go kart participation yesterday because I knew that I would have a coughing fit and relapse into some runny nosed man-child. You just need to build up your immunity every year, and not allow those stupid flu vaccinations to let your own immune system get lazy.[/quote]

You got that in a nutshell Unsubrocky.

I totally support vaccination if one had to go into hospital for a major operation, etc. Last thing you need is a cold or flu when trying to recover from something else. But these vaccinations should be used like an 'Ace up the sleeve' - when needed. Not a convenience upon a whim.

I get a cold/flu ever year - as if to adjust to the hot and cold climate change of season. They are very minimal experiences of less than a week thankfully. Going overseas, does have me experience a more severe version that could last a few weeks - but that's just my system getting up to date with the latest 'global' fad of cold/flu's.

Yes - people do suffer really really severe versions of Cold/Flu ...but I do wonder why?
Is it because they haven't had one or both for a few years or longer?
Is it because they suddenly find themselves unable to get another year's worth of jabs?
Is it because they are biologically stressed and run-down, that makes them more susceptible and fragile?
I'm sure there is more.
Yes - I do know that some people have died from such.
I do know that 'elderly' can be prone from dying from such.
But I'm sure there are many reasons why.

So in all - the cold & flu are 'short term' pain, so to speak - for long term gain. To take a 'short cut' and 'sterilise' people from ever getting such is just ...well, insane.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #35 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:56pm

Had to get some codral day&night for this bug I have. I went from being on the mend to not being able to breathe well, in a matter of hours. This is what happens when you don't get the flu in over 2 years. Your immune system gets lazy.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #36 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:47am

Jasin wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:32pm:
[quote author=JaSin link=1494198446/18#18 date=1503546657]Cold & Flu are good for you (long term).

When stress hits people, their immunity is down. I turned down a go kart participation yesterday because I knew that I would have a coughing fit and relapse into some runny nosed man-child. You just need to build up your immunity every year, and not allow those stupid flu vaccinations to let your own immune system get lazy.[/quote]

I totally support vaccination if one had to go into hospital for a major operation, etc. Last thing you need is a cold or flu when trying to recover from something else. But these vaccinations should be used like an 'Ace up the sleeve' - when needed. Not a convenience upon a whim.

I get a cold/flu ever year - as if to adjust to the hot and cold climate change of season. They are very minimal experiences of less than a week thankfully. Going overseas, does have me experience a more severe version that could last a few weeks - but that's just my system getting up to date with the latest 'global' fad of cold/flu's.

Yes - people do suffer really really severe versions of Cold/Flu ...but I do wonder why?
Is it because they suddenly find themselves unable to get another year's worth of jabs?
Is it because they are biologically stressed and run-down, that makes them more susceptible and fragile?
I'm sure there is more.

So in all - the cold & flu are 'short term' pain, so to speak - for long term gain. To take a 'short cut' and 'sterilise' people from ever getting such is just ...well, insane.

Flu vaccinations dont make your immune system lazy. Flu is not short term pain for everyone.
Still committing the same errors JaSinner.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 5:12pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:47am:
Jasin wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:32pm:

I'm sure there is more.

Flu vaccinations dont make your immune system lazy. Flu is not short term pain for everyone.

No. Just using common sense rather than trying to use intellectual over-achieving based on just relying on 'technology' to solve everything. Let 'nature' take its course and stop taking short cuts to immortality.

It only takes a few generations. Do you wonder if women who find it hard to fall pregnant have come from a line of women who used the pill often in their lives? Just as 'environment' changes people physiologically (be they Sherpas or FreeDivers) - so too do the chemicals we put in our bodies 'consistently' over long times.
The Polynesians changed their systems to adapt to the long voyages across the oceans (they were the last to die in whaling lifeboats lost at sea, while the fatless Negroes died pretty quick) - but now, the bad side-effect is that with today's 'Fast Foods' they put on weight considerable faster and more so than others.

The 'witch-hunt' by the Australian Medical Industry against anyone who opposes 'mandatory' Flu vaccinations yearly is just atrocious. Reminds me of those 'rich people' who just fly into Lukla (Himalayas) at high altitude, rather than slog it out from the lowlands with the poor people who 'acclimatise' their way up. Of course, 80% of these 'rich people' going for the short cut - end up with Altitude sickness. I saw many of them carried back down past me in stretches often.

But hey, I've seen the Medical Industry recall millions of dollars worth of gloves from the Hospitals, etc just because 'one' person had a bad reaction to them. They never consider the hundreds of thousands of people who have a 'good reaction'.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #38 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:34pm

Backed up with zero evidence

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #39 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 4:23am

My recent bout, one that I have not had since 2015, had given me chest pains when I coughed and agony stings when I sneezed. Going a night where I would awake every 10 minutes to have a coughing fit, it was torture.

And being that I did not have influenza since 2015, my immune system had weakened enough to have forgotten how to deal with it. I have not had the flu vaccination. However, I have heard people's accounts that they had the vaccinations in May, and were very sick with influenza by June. We might well say that the vaccinations are not working.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #40 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 8:42am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 4:23am:

My recent bout, one that I have not had since 2015, had given me chest pains when I coughed and agony stings when I sneezed. Going a night where I would awake every 10 minutes to have a coughing fit, it was torture.

And being that I did not have influenza since 2015, my immune system had weakened enough to have forgotten how to deal with it. I have not had the flu vaccination. However, I have heard people's accounts that they had the vaccinations in May, and were very sick with influenza by June. We might well say that the vaccinations are not working.

No, we may well not for several reasons.
1. Many respiratory tract infections occur, and their symptoms are similar to the flu. People usually self-diagnose with the flu when it could be something else.
2. The flu changes its antigens (shift and drift) thereby evading the immune system. Australias vaccination program is based on the Northern Hemispheres winter flu antigen types. So its possible that you were vaccinated against the most common flu type at the moment, but encountered a new strain.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #41 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 10:19am

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #42 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 11:49pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 8:42am:

1. Many respiratory tract infections occur, and their symptoms are similar to the flu. People usually self-diagnose with the flu when it could be something else.
2. The flu changes its antigens (shift and drift) thereby evading the immune system. Australias vaccination program is based on the Northern Hemispheres winter flu antigen types. So its possible that you were vaccinated against the most common flu type at the moment, but encountered a new strain.

I have never been vaccinated against influenza. I don't intend on doing so in the future.

I am currently feeling like my flu is in its death throes. But food tastes funny. It is like I need to digest my stomach mucous in order to get passed the last hurdle.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #43 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:59am

Too much information over breakfast.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #44 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 10:45am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 11:49pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 8:42am:

I have never been vaccinated against influenza. I don't intend on doing so in the future.

I am currently feeling like my flu is in its death throes. But food tastes funny. It is like I need to digest my stomach mucous in order to get passed the last hurdle.

So this bollocks about your immune system weakening is just bullshit you know right?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print