Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
What to do in a home invasion (Read 18795 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: What to do in a home invasion
Reply #75 - May 1st, 2017 at 11:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 11:21pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 10:32pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 10:20pm:
Mortdooley wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 1:00am:
Bigol64 hit on the real defense to home invasions.

The best protection against home invasion is wealth. Live in a good part of town away from the lower socio-economic filth that commits these types of crimes.

Where you live and where you go has everything to do with how safe you are in life. No one around me seems to be dealing in drugs or illegal aliens so undesirables have little reason to come around.

*SIGH*, while wealth may protect you, it also attracts those "lower socio-economic filth" to your address, as it is obvious you have more to be stolen.

I find your characterisation of your fellow citizens as "filth", rather interesting.   It indicates your attitude towards them leaves a great deal to be desired...   Roll Eyes

Not every wants to hug a vicious criminal and asked them if they are okay, even if you do.

Never visited a prison, BigOl64?  I have.  Never met a sorrier mob of people in my life.  Even the so-called "vicious" ones.  I had a girlfriend once who was a criminologist.  She took me along on one of her visits ones.   Most interesting.  No hugging but I did shake hands with a mass murderer.   I didn't care how they were, I just was interested to see what interested my girlfriend.   Roll Eyes
wow, shook hands with a mass murderer. Brians experienced.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - May 1st, 2017 at 11:41pm

rhino wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 11:04pm:
John Smith wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 7:53am:
rhino wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 11:28pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 11:25pm:
rhino wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 11:19pm:
No prizes for 2nd John Wink unless its your missus.

she wouldn't take you anyway rhino so you've no need to worry about it.
You misunderstood my comment. Lol. As if id have sex with someone dumb enough to marry you. I could get arrested for that.

I understood your comment perfectly, you admitted to playing second fiddle.
It's OK to be gay rhino.
Your partner is a man? Ok, Im out. Try pecca, hes currently conducting an online fantasy about gay sex in a forest. Kamahls licking his lips and offering to be 2nd man in.

keep trying rhino ..... just like you do with your boyfriend.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #77 - May 1st, 2017 at 11:47pm

rhino wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 11:36pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 11:21pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 10:32pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 10:20pm:
Mortdooley wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 1:00am:
Bigol64 hit on the real defense to home invasions.

The best protection against home invasion is wealth. Live in a good part of town away from the lower socio-economic filth that commits these types of crimes.

Where you live and where you go has everything to do with how safe you are in life. No one around me seems to be dealing in drugs or illegal aliens so undesirables have little reason to come around.

*SIGH*, while wealth may protect you, it also attracts those "lower socio-economic filth" to your address, as it is obvious you have more to be stolen.

I find your characterisation of your fellow citizens as "filth", rather interesting.   It indicates your attitude towards them leaves a great deal to be desired...   Roll Eyes

Not every wants to hug a vicious criminal and asked them if they are okay, even if you do.

Never visited a prison, BigOl64?  I have.  Never met a sorrier mob of people in my life.  Even the so-called "vicious" ones.  I had a girlfriend once who was a criminologist.  She took me along on one of her visits ones.   Most interesting.  No hugging but I did shake hands with a mass murderer.   I didn't care how they were, I just was interested to see what interested my girlfriend.   Roll Eyes

wow, shook hands with a mass murderer. Brians experienced.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #78 - May 2nd, 2017 at 12:02am

BigOl64 wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 11:35pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 11:18pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 10:30pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 10:18pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 12:42am:
Reinforces exactly what I've been saying.

The full weight of the police and the judiciary will be waiting for you if you kill or seriously maim a criminal in your home.

It will cost you everything you own, including the home you tried to defend to keep you out of gaol.

Bullshit.  Total and utter bullshit, BigOl64.  All that is required is an adequate defence lawyer and proof that you feared for your own life or the lives of others who were threatened and the court will (more than likely) find in your favour.   As I have pointed, there have been several court cases which were won, despite the defendent using a firearm to defend themselves, post Port Arthur.    Roll Eyes

You will be arrested and charged - correct?

You will be forced to pay out of your own pocked your defence team - correct

You will need to "prove" to a legal standard that you "feared for your life or the lives of others" - correct

That is exactly what I fkken said genius.

And I would love to read the extract where the home owner had enough time to collect his weapon from the secured locker, assemble weapon (replace the bolt), open a separate secured container for the ammo, load it and legally 'protect' himself before the intruders got to him.

So yeah I would love to see or hear how that all happened, because it sounds like a load of sh1t to me or it happened before 1997.

You were in the RAAF.  Your exposure to firearms was at best, minimal, wasn't it, BigOl64?

Someone who practices a lot, knows how to assemble a firearm quickly, very quickly, indeed. I could assemble an L1a1 rifle from a base stripped down configure to be able to fire it in less than 15 seconds.  I could assemble it to be able to be a semi-automatic firearm in 45 seconds.   Add another 15 seconds to doing it in the dark.   I could still come close to that, despite not having handled one in over 20 years.  A bolt-action firearm is even easier to assemble, all you need do is place the bolt into the guides and drive it home.

As to Australian defendants successfully defending themselves, with a firearm, post Port Arthur, I'd recommend you do a Google search.  I won't do your research for you.    One case was in Queensland IIRC.   Roll Eyes   

Tsk, tsk, tsk resorting to demeaning me now it it.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

I do believe you stated you were a 'blanket counter' in the army, where as my trade was armourer, so let's not whip out the ruler too quickly there, champ.

I was many things, including a Storeman.  One of my jobs was to run the Armoury.  So, lets not get too over-anxious.  I was also, for 12 months a qualified Rifleman in an Infantry Battalion before I got bored and requested a transfer to RAAOC.   Life was much more interesting and demanding there.   

Quote:
Not bad being able to assemble a stripped down SLR:

1. Spring onto piston, piston into gas tube, gas plug locked into position, notch uppermost

2. Spring onto firing pin, firing pin into bolt, retainer into bolt & secure

3. Bolt into carrier, carrier into weapon, dust cover into weapon

4. Close weapon, careful not to catch 'rats tail'

5. Load magazine, fit magazine

6. Cock weapon, selector onto fire.

All in 15 seconds

If you don't have the evidence to back up your claim just say so and be done with it.

Oh, yes, I really keep results from lessons I took and gave when I was in the Army 20+ years ago, BigOl64.  However, like most amateurs you've taken the textbook approach to the problem facing you.   In the infantry we worked things a little differently.

1. Place bolt into carrier, place carrier into body sides, close the lower body to the upper.

3. Place pre-filled magazine onto weapon, cock weapon.  Place selection lever to "R" (for Repetition), pull trigger.  Recock weapon.  Fire again.

When you have a chance, place the safety catch to "S" (for Safe),

1. Spring into gas cylinder,  Gas piston into gas cylinder.  Gas plug onto the cylinder end, notch uppermost.

2. You then "break" the weapon, place the dust cover over the working parts.  Turn the gas plug so the notch is upright if necessary.  Recock the weapon, carry on firing.

That way you have a functioning weapon faster than reassembling the entire weapon.   Cool

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #79 - May 2nd, 2017 at 12:13am

Brian Ross wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 12:02am:
BigOl64 wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 11:35pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 11:18pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 10:30pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 10:18pm:
BigOl64 wrote on May 1st, 2017 at 12:42am:
Reinforces exactly what I've been saying.

The full weight of the police and the judiciary will be waiting for you if you kill or seriously maim a criminal in your home.

It will cost you everything you own, including the home you tried to defend to keep you out of gaol.

Bullshit.  Total and utter bullshit, BigOl64.  All that is required is an adequate defence lawyer and proof that you feared for your own life or the lives of others who were threatened and the court will (more than likely) find in your favour.   As I have pointed, there have been several court cases which were won, despite the defendent using a firearm to defend themselves, post Port Arthur.    Roll Eyes

You will be arrested and charged - correct?

You will be forced to pay out of your own pocked your defence team - correct

You will need to "prove" to a legal standard that you "feared for your life or the lives of others" - correct

That is exactly what I fkken said genius.

And I would love to read the extract where the home owner had enough time to collect his weapon from the secured locker, assemble weapon (replace the bolt), open a separate secured container for the ammo, load it and legally 'protect' himself before the intruders got to him.

So yeah I would love to see or hear how that all happened, because it sounds like a load of sh1t to me or it happened before 1997.

You were in the RAAF.  Your exposure to firearms was at best, minimal, wasn't it, BigOl64?

Someone who practices a lot, knows how to assemble a firearm quickly, very quickly, indeed. I could assemble an L1a1 rifle from a base stripped down configure to be able to fire it in less than 15 seconds.  I could assemble it to be able to be a semi-automatic firearm in 45 seconds.   Add another 15 seconds to doing it in the dark.   I could still come close to that, despite not having handled one in over 20 years.  A bolt-action firearm is even easier to assemble, all you need do is place the bolt into the guides and drive it home.

As to Australian defendants successfully defending themselves, with a firearm, post Port Arthur, I'd recommend you do a Google search.  I won't do your research for you.    One case was in Queensland IIRC.   Roll Eyes   

Tsk, tsk, tsk resorting to demeaning me now it it.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

I do believe you stated you were a 'blanket counter' in the army, where as my trade was armourer, so let's not whip out the ruler too quickly there, champ.

I was many things, including a Storeman.  One of my jobs was to run the Armoury.  So, lets not get too over-anxious.  I was also, for 12 months a qualified Rifleman in an Infantry Battalion before I got bored and requested a transfer to RAAOC.   Life was much more interesting and demanding there.   

Quote:
Not bad being able to assemble a stripped down SLR:

1. Spring onto piston, piston into gas tube, gas plug locked into position, notch uppermost

2. Spring onto firing pin, firing pin into bolt, retainer into bolt & secure

3. Bolt into carrier, carrier into weapon, dust cover into weapon

4. Close weapon, careful not to catch 'rats tail'

5. Load magazine, fit magazine

6. Cock weapon, selector onto fire.

All in 15 seconds

If you don't have the evidence to back up your claim just say so and be done with it.

Oh, yes, I really keep results from lessons I took and gave when I was in the Army 20+ years ago, BigOl64.  However, like most amateurs you've taken the textbook approach to the problem facing you.   In the infantry we worked things a little differently.

1. Place bolt into carrier, place carrier into body sides, close the lower body to the upper.

3. Place pre-filled magazine onto weapon, cock weapon.  Place selection lever to "R" (for Repetition), pull trigger.  Recock weapon.  Fire again.

When you have a chance, place the safety catch to "S" (for Safe),

1. Spring into gas cylinder,  Gas piston into gas cylinder.  Gas plug onto the cylinder end, notch uppermost.

2. You then "break" the weapon, place the dust cover over the working parts.  Turn the gas plug so the notch is upright if necessary.  Recock the weapon, carry on firing.

That way you have a functioning weapon faster than reassembling the entire weapon.   Cool

First up I was pointing out to the people all the steps you accomplished in 15 seconds, just so they would know.

Also, you forgot your firing pin, or didn't you lot bother cleaning that bit?

This may surprise you, but 'running' an armoury is NOTHING like being an amourer. But thanks for the comment.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

I get how the army truly believes they are 'switched on' but where your world stops our only just starts. But thanks for the lesson in entry level weapons assembly.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #80 - May 2nd, 2017 at 12:55am

BigOl64 wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 12:13am:
First up I was pointing out to the people all the steps you accomplished in 15 seconds, just so they would know.

Ah, but you assumed I was following the Pam on how to reassemble the weapon, now didn't you, BigOl64...   Roll Eyes

[quote]
Also, you forgot your firing pin, or didn't you lot bother cleaning that bit?

The "firing pin" is contained in the Bolt (or "Breech block" to be technical).  We didn't take it out of the bolt for a basic weapon strip, BigOl64, which you, as an Armourer should know...

Quote:
This may surprise you, but 'running' an armoury is NOTHING like being an amourer. But thanks for the comment.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh, I am well aware of the differences.  I was thinking about becoming an Armourer at one point but it would have required another Corps change and I wasn't that interested in it.  "Running an Armoury" might have been different in the RAAF but in the Army it was doing many things from the most basic to the more complex.   I know how to strip and assemble a 106mm Recoilless Rifle, if you're interested, along with an L35a1 Carl Gustav RCL,  the M60 GPMG, the L4a4 Bren Gun, the L7 GPMG, the F88 Steyr, the M16, the F1 SMG and the L9 pistol.  I also know how to strip and assemble an Owen Gun (but that I gained through working at the SMR where they had one on the wall of the Range Control (quite illegally as it was still capable of firing).   I also knew how to account for all the hardware under my control.

Quote:
I get how the army truly believes they are 'switched on' but where your world stops our only just starts. But thanks for the lesson in entry level weapons assembly.  Smiley Smiley

Believe what you like, BigOl64.   I know my experience is very different to your own.  My "world" never stopped and ran 24x7, 365 days a year - that was what I was paid for.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - May 2nd, 2017 at 1:07am

who cares brian, you shook hands with an actual mass murderer thats the important thing. And you had a girlfriend who was a criminologist, wow. well she had a criminology degree anyway, lets not split hairs.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #82 - May 2nd, 2017 at 7:51am

rhino wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 1:07am:
who cares brian, you shook hands with an actual mass murderer thats the important thing. And you had a girlfriend who was a criminologist, wow. well she had a criminology degree anyway, lets not split hairs.

Yes, we are suitable impressed.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #83 - May 2nd, 2017 at 1:26pm

Oh,dearie, dearie, me.  So many assumptions tehre, Rhino, just so many.  Run along now, your playfriends are calling for you in the schoolyard.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #84 - May 2nd, 2017 at 1:27pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 7:51am:

Yes, we are suitable impressed.

Really? Wow!  Doesn't take much to impress you, Sprint.   Tsk, tsk, such schoolyard play you enjoy engaging with, hey?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print