Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
What to do in a home invasion (Read 18825 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: What to do in a home invasion
Reply #15 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:08pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:07pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 8:44pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 7:50pm:
It'ld be very fast and scary.

I have a baseball bat in the bedroom, that might buy us time till the cops come.

Grin Grin Grin

Good luck with that.

I had a 'home invader' a few years ago who tried to get in while knowing I was in here, and who must have known I'd called the police.

He stayed a full half hour trying to gain access to the backyard where no doubt he was intending to smash in the backdoor with no neighbours watching.

It took the police a good 45 minutes to arrive from the station that is only 5 minutes drive from my place.

Message: Under no circumstances rely on your EMERGENCY PHONE CALL SERVICE DIAL 000 to save you from a desperate situation that requires an immediate response.

Arm yourself with a gun ... a cross-bow ... a spear-fishing sling-shot ... any damned thing, and when the police finally arrive, tell them to go fack themselves.

"A large man is trying to break into my house with violent intent, could you please send some police around to my place as soon as possible?"

45 minutes later these fackers arrive with donut sugar stuck around their mouths .. Useless as tits on a bull.

If I'd had a gun, I would definitely have shot this fellow the moment he stepped into the house.

Yes, if I had a gun I'ld use it.

Wonder if I set off the fire alarm - OR rang the fire station, saying there was a fire here ?

One can only hope.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #16 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:27pm

I hope this helps:

How to call the Police…

George Phillips of Meridian Mississippi was going up to bed when his wife told him that he’d left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked “Is someone in your house?” and he said no. Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available.

George said “Okay,” hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again. “Hello. I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don’t have to worry about them now cause I’ve just shot them all.” Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips residence. Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed. One of the policemen said to George: “I thought you said that you’d shot them!”

George said, “I thought you said there was nobody available!”

All kidding aside being a sniveling coward in the face of a home invasion is never the answer. If you are totally compliant they own you and you are theirs to do with as they please. Don't expect mercy, it isn't something they understand. 

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #17 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:27pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 8:51pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 8:21pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 8:12pm:
You pathetic rightards live your entire lives in fear, every single minute of the day.

If it's not Muslim women in burqas that have you wetting your little knickers, it's bogeymen breaking into your house.

Get a life, you irrational cowards.

So you are denying the home invasions occur are you?

Or are you denying that criminals kill innocent people?

You are definitely trying to deny something, just wondering what it is?

Household burglary is one of the most widespread crimes in Australia – with around 335,700 break-ins recorded in 2009-10. Money is most commonly stolen (19 per cent) followed by jewellery (18 per cent), with other items such as firearms also taken from homes. Australians are wary of this crime with around 36 per cent believing their house is likely to be burgled in the forthcoming year. Steps can be taken to prevent homes from being burgled using a range of practical burglary prevention guides available on this webpage.

http://www.aic.gov.au/crime_types/property%20crime/burglary.html

The Tasmanian Opposition has renewed its calls for more funding to help police tackle major crime amid evidence of a rise in violent home invasions.

Police are still hunting for a gunman who bashed a Hobart father in a foiled invasion early on Wednesday morning.

The armed intruder broke into the house at Mount Rumney on Hobart's eastern shore and attacked the 65-year-old man, before fleeing when alarms were activated.

While police say it an isolated incident, the ABC can reveal at least four other homes in the Hobart area have been targeted in the past six months, at Battery Point, Mount Stuart, Lutana and Bridgewater.

In each attack, the victims were threatened with a shotgun or pistol.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-04/crime-funds-call/4800574

HOME invasions have swept Sydney with crooks "storming " into houses in the latest crime fad to hit our streets.
From Point Piper to Penrith the victims range from millionaires to housing commission tenants.

Since the beginning of the year there have been at least 24 "home invasions" made public, many of them violent.

Sydney Institute of Criminology lecturer Garner Clancy said they may just be a "fad' crime.

Improving home security systems making it harder for thieves has seen them hit when residents are home.

"In the same way car jackings increased when manufacturers made cars harder to steal the criminals evolve and adapt," he said.

"The same with homes."

"As other types of targets become harder there can be a displacement of crime."

He said it was hard to gauge how serious the problem is has been no research or figures about home invasions.

"Criminals will move on to other targets if they see perceive something as high risk and low reward."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/home-invasions-the-new-fad/news-story/bb43b43d8...

Yep, "Nothing to see here".  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I'm not denying anything.

I'm telling you that I don't spend my days hiding under my bed, quivering with irrational fear.

You rightards are the biggest bunch of panty-wetting little cowards I've ever seen.

You have more chance of being killed on the road than you do of being confronted by a home-invader, or killed by a terrorist.

Yet, you spend 24 hours a day shitting your knickers over those things, and don't think twice about getting in your 20 year old Holdens.

You really are a bunch of ignorant, irrational cowards.

You seem to be reading things that are not there, you sure that it is not you being an irrational little princess.

People are just discussing the facts around home invasion, I haven't anything like what you have described.

Is your menses coming on a bit early?

Place a water bottle on your lower abdomen, I believe it helps your condition.  Smiley

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #18 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:28pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 6:13pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 6:08pm:
Quote:
And if someone does get in? Comply says Mr Flavell. "Give them what they want.Don't engage with them.And whatever you do try to keep some space,such as keeping a table between you and them.And call for help as soon as it's safe to do so."
racv.com.au/membership/member-benefits/royalauto/news/what-to-do-in-a-home-invas...

There you go the RACV say hand over all your stuff and let them have their way with your wife or daughter is that what they mean by comply.

Once upon a time we were allowed to defend ourselves from home invaders, our politicians and leftists have turned us into a nation of victims.

Its just stuff.

I'll take your sister then.     [.....or your daughter.]

And use her as i will.

She is 'stuff' too.        [.....ask any moslem.]

Natural Law....

Quote:

"16.  The state of war is a state of enmity and destruction; and therefore declaring by word or action, not a passionate and hasty, but sedate, settled design upon another man's life puts him in a state of war with him against whom he has declared such an intention, and so has exposed his life to the other's power to be taken away by him, or any one that joins with him in his defence, and espouses his quarrel; it being reasonable and just I should have a right to destroy that which threatens me with destruction; for by the fundamental law of Nature, man being to be preserved as much as possible, when all cannot be preserved, the safety of the innocent is to be preferred, and one may destroy a man who makes war upon him, or has discovered an enmity to his being, for the same reason that he may kill a wolf or a lion, because they are not under the ties of the common law of reason, have no other rule but that of force and violence, and so may be treated as a beast of prey, those dangerous and noxious creatures that will be sure to destroy him whenever he falls into their power.
17.  And hence it is that he who attempts to get another man into his absolute power does thereby put himself into a state of war with him; it being to be understood as a declaration of a design upon his life. For I have reason to conclude that he who would get me into his power without my consent would use me as he pleased when he had got me there, and destroy me too when he had a fancy to it; for nobody can desire to have me in his absolute power unless it be to compel me by force to that which is against the right of my freedom- i.e.  make me a slave..."

Of the State of War

- John Locke (1632-1704)

"....he who attempts to get another man into his absolute power does thereby put himself into a state of war with him;.....

......For I have reason to conclude that he who would get me into his power without my consent would use me as he pleased when he had got me there, and destroy me too when he had a fancy to it;"

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:30pm

Yadda wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:28pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 6:13pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 6:08pm:
Quote:
And if someone does get in? Comply says Mr Flavell. "Give them what they want.Don't engage with them.And whatever you do try to keep some space,such as keeping a table between you and them.And call for help as soon as it's safe to do so."
racv.com.au/membership/member-benefits/royalauto/news/what-to-do-in-a-home-invas...

There you go the RACV say hand over all your stuff and let them have their way with your wife or daughter is that what they mean by comply.

Once upon a time we were allowed to defend ourselves from home invaders, our politicians and leftists have turned us into a nation of victims.

Its just stuff.

I'll take your sister then.

Growing tired of your own?    Undecided

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #20 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:35pm

I'd be OK - I'm a black belt in Judo.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:37pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:35pm:
Lets hope they arent boxers then.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #22 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:38pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 8:07pm:

I have a baseball bat in the bedroom, that might buy us time till the cops come.

We both have mobiles in the bedroom too and a landline.

SO,my line of defense is
1/ call the cops.

2/ call the cops.

3/ try to delay them from getting close

Should only take 10 or 20 minutes before they find your bodies.

Circa 2017, governments in every Western 'democracy' have made the protection of the [functioning of the] political 'state' the priority for 'the police service'.      .....this is the case in Australia too.

Circa 2017, the protection of the common citizen, is a secondary concern.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #23 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:45pm

rhino wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:37pm:

Don't underestimate Judo -

President Putin has a black belt in Judo.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #24 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:46pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:27pm:
I hope this helps:

How to call the Police…

George Phillips of Meridian Mississippi was going up to bed when his wife told him that he’d left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked “Is someone in your house?” and he said no. Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available.

George said “Okay,” hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again. “Hello. I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don’t have to worry about them now cause I’ve just shot them all.” Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips residence. Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed. One of the policemen said to George: “I thought you said that you’d shot them!”

George said, “I thought you said there was nobody available!”

All kidding aside being a sniveling coward in the face of a home invasion is never the answer. If you are totally compliant they own you and you are theirs to do with as they please. Don't expect mercy, it isn't something they understand.

mortdooley,

LOL

See, that is what i call critical/creative thinking !

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #25 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:47pm

Yadda wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:38pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 8:07pm:

We both have mobiles in the bedroom too and a landline.

SO,my line of defense is
1/ call the cops.

2/ call the cops.

3/ try to delay them from getting close

Should only take 10 or 20 minutes before they find your bodies.

Circa 2017, governments in every Western 'democracy' have made the protection of the [functioning of the] political 'state' the priority for 'the police service'.      .....this is the case in Australia too.

Circa 2017, the protection of the common citizen, is a secondary concern.

The motto of most police forces is "To Protect and Serve", they just don't say who or what they are protecting or serving.  Smiley Smiley

« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2017 at 10:31pm by BigOl64 »  

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #26 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:47pm

LOL

bobby,

I hope,             ......that you are kidding!!!!!

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:49pm

Whoah

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:51pm

Yadda wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:47pm:

LOL

bobby,

I hope,             ......that you are kidding!!!!!

I must admit - I'd prefer a 44 magnum to deal with punks:

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #29 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:55pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:45pm:
rhino wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:37pm:

Don't underestimate Judo -

President Putin has a black belt in Judo.

.......and probably a personal MP-443 Grach Semi-automatic pistol in his bedroom.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print