Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Manny Pacquiao V Jeff Horn (Read 13949 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Manny Pacquiao V Jeff Horn
Reply #15 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:59pm

Quote:
...........Height  5 ft 5 1⁄2 in (166 cm)
Reach      67 in (170 cm)
Nationality      Filipino..............

Quote:
...........Height      5 ft 9 in (175 cm)
Reach      68 in (173 cm)
Nationality      Australian............

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - May 20th, 2017 at 3:11pm

Jeffs most recent fight

He's a bit loose, moves quite freely, throws some heavy leather.

Due to age and experience, you'ld think he will improve after this fight

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - May 27th, 2017 at 3:35am

he was gunshy here before getting KOed at 3rd minute.
this was 5 years ago, he's 5 years slower now.

manny might not be as good at taking big shots now.
appears counterfighting is good against him

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - May 27th, 2017 at 7:27pm

If Jeff tags Manny early on, the title is his.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 2:50pm

Quote:
Pacquiao vs Horn now biggest fight in Australian history

MANILA, Philippines – Manny Pacquiao’s upcoming fight with Jeff Horn in Brisbane, Australia will go down as the biggest boxing match in the country’s history.

The bout, which will be held at the 55,000-capacity Suncorp Stadium in Horn’s hometown of Brisbane on July 2, has already sold 40,000 tickets, according to Queensland’s minister for tourism and major events Kate Jones.

Jones also expressed confidence that the fight is headed for a sellout.

“We always knew this fight would pack a punch for Brisbane,” Jones said. “With 40,000 tickets already sold it will be the biggest boxing crowd ever seen in Australia.”

“This fight also has the potential to host a record Suncorp Stadium crowd of 55,000 fans, with more than a month to go,” she added.

The fight, officially called “Battle of Brisbane” in Australia, will see Pacquiao staking his WBO welterweight title against the 29-year-old Horn, who, interestingly, is also a licensed school teacher.

Jones said the last time they had a fight of this magnitude was in 1992, when Azumah Nelson defended the WBC super featherweight championship against Australian great Jeff Fenech in their rematch.

“The current crowd record for a boxing match in Australia sits at 38,000 people who saw Azumah Nelson beat Jeff Fenech in Melbourne in 1992,” Jones explained.

Horn will have the same chance as Fenech when he tries to take Pacquiao’s title, something Australians are very much looking forward to.

“The chance to see our local hero take on one of the greatest boxers of all time is an opportunity too good to miss,” said Jones.

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2017/06/01/1705705/pacquiao-vs-horn-now-biggest-f...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 8:17pm

I feel over training happening

Quote:
AFTER the most savage sparring session of his life – that included low blows, head clashes and punches after the bell - Jeff Horn says he is ready for anything Manny Pacquiao throws at him at Suncorp Stadium on July 2.

Horn and Filipino-born Melbourne slugger Czar Amonsot went at it like fighting cocks for 12 torrid rounds on Wednesday with Amonsot’s veteran trainer Ray Giles saying that Horn’s timing is impeccable and that he will ``definitely’’ catch Pacquiao with his lightning right hand.

``Jeff is in great shape,’’ said Giles, a former professional sprinter, who has been involved in boxing since the days he helped the great Lionel Rose with roadwork 50 years ago.

``His timing is spot on and he will catch Manny. Jeff fires a very fast right hand lead out of the blue and that’s a perfect punch against a southpaw (left-hander) like Pacquiao.’’

Horn sparred at 1.30 - the time he is expected in the ring on July 2 - and he had a recording of crowd noises pumped through the speakers at his gym to simulate the sound of the 50,000 fans expected at Suncorp to see him challenge for Pacquiao’s World Boxing Organization welterweight title.

``I’ve tried to set up the mental imagery of what it will be like on the day of the fight and I picture myself winning,’’ he said.

After slugging it out with Amonsot for more than half an hour Horn said: ``That was hard work. The toughest spar I’ve had. We did 12 rounds on Monday but today was even more intense. Czar is a quality opponent.

I know I’ve got the fitness to keep punching hard into the later rounds and that I’ll have plenty left in the tank late in the fight but I want to land on Manny the first chance I get.

``I’ve heard that he isn’t training with anything like the intensity I’m showing in the gym and I really suspect that he thinks I’m going to be an easy fight for him. I’m training harder than ever and in the late rounds we’ll find out which of us has prepared the better.’’

Horn and Amonsot traded bombs throughout the 12 rounds and at one stage Horn was hit with a low blow. Several times Amonsot threw punches after the bell.

`It was rough but that’s what Pacquiao will bring. Czar showed me that I have to keep my hands up at all times and be prepared for anything.’’

Horn finished the 12-round sparring session and immediately did another 15 rounds of fitness work.

His trainer Glenn Rushton said he was pleased with Horn’s work but there was still room for improvement.

``It’s two weeks to fight time,’’ Rushton said, ``and we will refine a few things between then and now. But I think we are exactly where we need to be to cause a huge upset and bring the world title to Brisbane.’’

Horn will have just two more sparring sessions next week before tapering for the fight in the final week.

Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach is adamant that Pacquiao must knock out Horn and that he should then pursue a rematch with Floyd Mayweather. The 2015 fight which Mayweather won on points generated more than $A800 million ($A800 million) in revenue.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/boxing-mma/jeff-horn-to-catch-manny-pacquiao-o...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 10:05pm

Pacquiao is a 'points puncher'.
Much like Cazalaghe (Wales) and even Australia's Daniel Geale.

Boxers like these don't have knock-out punches (naturally).
But they punch like machine-guns and can be way ahead on points within just a few rounds.
Opponents get flustered by their prolific work-rate and only have a knockout to win against them.

I remember watching Geale - superfit and furious with his fists (while I was getting hammered by retired Pro 'The Liberty Valance at the Old School Grange).

Horn will not win, unless Pacquiao has slowed down, or Horn power-punches the Pac-man into the corner and down a few times.
It could end up like Tszyu v Hatton, where Kostya called it quits in round 11 against the younger opponent ...due to feeling buggered, more than out-classed.

I see Mayweather has manipulated another opponent and already won the fight before it has begun.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 7:44pm

Why did manny fight Jeff Horn and not Keith Thurman ?

http://boxrec.com/boxer/426053

Thurman is # 2 in that division and unbeaten.

KOs      76%

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 8:03pm

or Errol Spence Jr,  4th in that division

KOs      86%

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:45pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 10:05pm:
Pacquiao is a 'points puncher'.
Much like Cazalaghe (Wales) and even Australia's Daniel Geale.

Boxers like these don't have knock-out punches (naturally).
But they punch like machine-guns and can be way ahead on points within just a few rounds.
Opponents get flustered by their prolific work-rate and only have a knockout to win against them.

I remember watching Geale - superfit and furious with his fists (while I was getting hammered by retired Pro 'The Liberty Valance at the Old School Grange).

Horn will not win, unless Pacquiao has slowed down, or Horn power-punches the Pac-man into the corner and down a few times.
It could end up like Tszyu v Hatton, where Kostya called it quits in round 11 against the younger opponent ...due to feeling buggered, more than out-classed.

I see Mayweather has manipulated another opponent and already won the fight before it has begun.

Why do you think that Jasin ?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 7:17pm

It's his trademark style.
Not only is he a 'money' orientated Boxer, he will manipulate everything about a fight with a contender until it is 'his' fight that he is going to have.
Mundine would do the same and many other Boxers do it as well.
But Mayweather Jr is the best at it - not only getting more money over the opponent, but for preparation, rules, etc.
He did it against Pacquiao and the Pac-Man caved in.
It was reflected in their fight - how Mayweather Jr dictated the fight and Pacquiao chased him around like a puppy.

To fight someone like Mayweather Jr (or Mundine) - one must just 'do it for free' and thus negate the possibility of being 'bought' and one must climb in the ring and throw money at them as well. These are both a start to saying to Mayweather Jr (Mundine, etc) is that you are more than happy to 'pay' to beat them up, let alone for free.

Professional Boxing doesn't have 'money' makers ranked that high. Kostya is considered by Ring Magazine as the GREATEST EVER of his weight division - because of his 'Professionalism' upon his performance.
Yes - act like a Professional and you should and will defeat the likes of Mayweather Jr (if you are up to scratch as well - but 'pound for pound' you should  Wink )

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 8:51pm

Yes Mayweather is very well managed.
Same as Manny and Mundine.

They pick the right fights in the right time for their boxers.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 8:59pm

Mayweather, like him or not ....... he is a champion, no losses, takes few big hits.

And is loaded

Quote:
................Floyd Money Team Mayweather at The Bank Making A Deposit .............

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 10:58pm

Totally agree.
He has superb Boxing skills and his 'defence' is one of the best. Attack, not so.
When it comes to 'money management' - he is the best.
I wouldn't be surprised if he replaces Don King <nudge nudge wink wink>

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 12:26am

Some people dislike his 'lack of aggression .......'

I agree 100 %  ' .....superb Boxing skills and his 'defence' is one of the best..........'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Send Topic Print