Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Meth addicts to have their children removed (Read 2078 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Meth addicts to have their children removed
Reply #30 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:14am

y functional parents, I mean people who truly care for and love their kids. This isn't really about functionality at all, but compassion.

Some people, rich or poor, addicted or not, are just into themselves. They don't tend to make good parents.

Crazy parents, poor parents, drunken or addicted parents, they can still be good parents if they love their kids.

of course karnal  you are correct I understand that.... in fact when I read about another baby/child killed b y their parent  I could scream...why do these people have kids?????....but it is what it is...

we read one horror story after another today....

I do not know what the answer is..

I do believe  when ever a dept becomes involved  be it the police or DOCS....the parents by law should have to attend education classes....or in the case of drug addicts   abuse classes.....for as long as it takes...

some form of showing at least they want to do better...like AA classes   gambers annon..

there is nothing out there for how to be a decent parent.. it should be bloody compulsory

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 11:44am

Oh my another Stolen Generation in the making.

Followed by the law suits for compensation.

By the time that happens there won't be enough Australians in employment to meet tax base requirements for the govt. to pay out.

Onwards & upwards ... full steam ahead

don't spare the horses.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 3:24pm

mantra wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 8:55am:
rhino wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:30pm:
Methadone is just as addictive as heroin and more physically debilitating, the methadone program is a crock. 

When a junkie gets on the methadone program, I doubt anyone would give a stuff whether the drug is addictive or debilitating for the addict - it is better for everyone else who crosses paths with them.
In what way? They are still junkies who would steal off their grandmother to fund their habit, going on methadone does not stop junkies from taking other drugs and does nothing for the addiction.

Quote:
The crime rate decreases with every addict on methadone. The addict's life also improves because they're not constantly looking for their next hit or who they should steal from to pay for it.
Not true. See above comment. the methadone program is a crock designed to make it look as though there is help for junkies to cease their addiction. as i said, methadone does nothing to stop addiction as it is itself addictive. And junkies are well known to regurgitate their taxpayer funded $4 dose of methadone and proceed to sell it to help fund thier other addictions. 

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 3:32pm

rhino wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 3:24pm:
mantra wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 8:55am:
rhino wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:30pm:
Methadone is just as addictive as heroin and more physically debilitating, the methadone program is a crock. 

When a junkie gets on the methadone program, I doubt anyone would give a stuff whether the drug is addictive or debilitating for the addict - it is better for everyone else who crosses paths with them.
In what way? They are still junkies who would steal off their grandmother to fund their habit, going on methadone does not stop junkies from taking other drugs and does nothing for the addiction.

Quote:
The crime rate decreases with every addict on methadone. The addict's life also improves because they're not constantly looking for their next hit or who they should steal from to pay for it.
Not true. See above comment. the methadone program is a crock designed to make it look as though there is help for junkies to cease their addiction. as i said, methadone does nothing to stop addiction as it is itself addictive. And junkies are well known to regurgitate their taxpayer funded $4 dose of methadone and proceed to sell it to help fund thier other addictions. 

All true.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #34 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 3:42pm

I know that it's all those things Rhino. Like Cods - I have a family member who has been on the program for nearly 30 years, but the instant he got on it - he became trustworthy and responsible again. He's addicted to methadone, but his body has adapted to accommodate it.

Quote:
Quote:

Some of them do sell their methadone, but there are all sorts of people who use it to keep working and maintain a stable life.  It's not just subsidised for the benefit of the no-hopers. Those who work pay tax. The small government subsidy is nothing compared to the cost of an increased crime rate, paramedic attendance, hospitalisation, imprisonment and foster care for their neglected kids.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 3:46pm

mantra wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 3:42pm:

I know that it's all those things Rhino. Like Cods - I have a family member who has been on the program for nearly 30 years, but the instant he got on it - he became trustworthy and responsible again. He's addicted to methadone, but his body has adapted to accommodate it.
prescribing heroin would have had a similar result, but without the rotten teeth and other side effects that come from long term methadone use.

Quote:
Some of them do sell their methadone, but there are all sorts of people who use it to keep working and maintain a stable life.  It's not just subsidised for the benefit of the no-hopers. Those who work pay tax. The small government subsidy is nothing compared to the cost of an increased crime rate, paramedic attendance, hospitalisation, imprisonment and foster care for their neglected kids.
Nothing to do with methadone itself. Like I stated, prescribing heroin would have a similar effect. Methadone is just as if not more addictive than heroin, the positive results you are quoting have to do with the fact that the junkies daily dose is assured rather than being looked and bought for on the streets, there is nothing intrinsically better about methadone itself.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #36 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 3:50pm

rhino wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 3:46pm:
prescribing heroin would have had a similar result, but without the rotten teeth and other side effects that come from long term methadone use.

The Greens are all for prescription heroin and it is definitely less harmful and cheaper than methadone, but the average voter doesn't want to see heroin become a legally prescribed drug. Look at the controversy over making marijuana legal even for medical purposes. As far as rotten teeth go - I think a heroin addict's teeth have usually deteriorated a long time before they go on a methadone program.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 4:03pm

most of the legal pain killing drugs are just as lethal...when it comes to addiction...its a human fraility I am thinking... we find cures eventually for all our diseases....so it stand to reason there has to be something thats out of reach..

something some where where human become responsible for their own welfare..

look at STD.. since fining all sorts of meds to combat it.. no one cares anymore if they get it..

weve become our own worst enemy...

and eventually our system says  nup that dont work anymore you need something stronger and so it goes on until we are so addicted.... we think its normal...

I  think its high time we put children first no matter what... its ok for people to say oh yes but the home and family is whats important...these kids miss out on their childhood maybe we need to emphasise that more  how important it is we give every child a childhood to remember..... not one that creates depression and suicidal thought..

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 4:07pm

mantra wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 3:50pm:
rhino wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 3:46pm:

The Greens are all for prescription heroin and it is definitely less harmful and cheaper than methadone, but the average voter doesn't want to see heroin become a legally prescribed drug. Look at the controversy over making marijuana legal even for medical purposes. As far as rotten teeth go - I think a heroin addict's teeth have usually deteriorated a long time before they go on a methadone program.
yes, its all about politics. heroin addicts teeth can be rotten due to lifestyle, methadone does rot teeth, it also has a host of side effects heroin does not. Methadone is one of the biggest con jobs ever perpetuated, pharma companies are making big bucks out of the con though. Methadone does nothing for addiction except perpetuate it.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #39 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 4:18pm

Breaking Bad should be required viewing. As exaggerated as it is, it gives a good insight into the problems of drug abuse.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 5:17pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:35pm:
cods wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:28pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:13pm:
cods wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:09pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 2:13pm:
... wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 12:09pm:
We need to keep our eyes on the goal here.  Ice addicts dont usually force their kids to take ice.  Theyre not ingesting anything harmful, so in efect the kids are just getting a lesson in self reliance.

Compare this to real insidious dangers like vegans, who actively work to deny their children the nutrients they need to thrive, while filling their bodies with toxic food substitutes.

Neglect vs active harm - its obvious which is the lesser of two evils.

It's not so much what the drug does, but what people do with it. The sleepless nights are the worst. The hoarding, the people coming and going, the constant arguments and parties and dramas, the lack of routine.

Amphetamines encourage all these things. We've all done it.

It's probably the worst drug for bringing up kids. Alcohol is next. I can't see much of a problem with pot or opiates.

Amphetamines are inherently fake - fake happy moods, fake chatter, and after a few nights up, fake hallucinations and paranoia.

Kids on the other hand, are inherently authentic. They say what they think. They don't get caught up in ideologies or theories. They trust. They take things as they come.

It must be horrible as a kid watching a parent becoming so fake after a blast of ice, and then having to deal with their loud, relentless obsessions.

well this cookie hasnt  .. smoking norm ciggies was my personal addiction...

I am not so sure about HARMLESS karmal   surely anything with put in our bodies that doesnt imitate what your body already produces   

is harmful....I like to think the first part of our bodies harmed is the brain....

but what would I know...but its what I tell anyone thats young why they shouldnt use anything like that unless they want brain damage.

karmal this thread is about removing children...from these homes......are you confident they would be safe with these... selfish parents..??

He didn't say "harmless", cods.

He said "I can't see much of a problem with pot or opiates".

yes of course you are correct however it says almost same thing....i mean how many years were we all smoking before they decided it was killing us???..

now our eating patterns are killing us   but some folks think  pot and opiates are ok...

with all due respect... how much research has gone in to that???.....if they can have a problem with your driving.....what does that say?????????? Roll Eyes

There are no records of people overdosing on pot and dying.

The same can't be said for water, though.

Decades if not centuries of evidence/records of people overdosing or wasting away from Opiate abuse.

Heroine is an opiate ... no harm done there to the users, the families, children & the general public...... Roll Eyes

You have to be fargin joking.  Angry

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 5:22pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 5:17pm:
We need to keep our eyes on the goal here.  Ice addicts dont usually force their kids to take ice.  Theyre not ingesting anything harmful, so in efect the kids are just getting a lesson in self reliance.

Compare this to real insidious dangers like vegans, who actively work to deny their children the nutrients they need to thrive, while filling their bodies with toxic food substitutes.

It's not so much what the drug does, but what people do with it. The sleepless nights are the worst. The hoarding, the people coming and going, the constant arguments and parties and dramas, the lack of routine.

It's probably the worst drug for bringing up kids. Alcohol is next. I can't see much of a problem with pot or opiates.

Amphetamines are inherently fake - fake happy moods, fake chatter, and after a few nights up, fake hallucinations and paranoia.

Kids on the other hand, are inherently authentic. They say what they think. They don't get caught up in ideologies or theories. They trust. They take things as they come.

It must be horrible as a kid watching a parent becoming so fake after a blast of ice, and then having to deal with their loud, relentless obsessions.

I am not so sure about HARMLESS karmal   surely anything with put in our bodies that doesnt imitate what your body already produces   

is harmful....I like to think the first part of our bodies harmed is the brain....

but what would I know...but its what I tell anyone thats young why they shouldnt use anything like that unless they want brain damage.

karmal this thread is about removing children...from these homes......are you confident they would be safe with these... selfish parents..??

yes of course you are correct however it says almost same thing....i mean how many years were we all smoking before they decided it was killing us???..

now our eating patterns are killing us   but some folks think  pot and opiates are ok...

with all due respect... how much research has gone in to that???.....if they can have a problem with your driving.....what does that say?????????? Roll Eyes

Decades if not centuries of evidence/records of people overdosing or wasting away from Opiate abuse.

Heroine is an opiate ... no harm done there to the users, the families, children & the general public...... Roll Eyes

Jesus, you're a particularly thick one, aren't you?

I'll post what I said again - which was 100% correct - and then you see if you can figure out where you went so spectacularly wrong.

"There are no records of people overdosing on pot and dying.

"The same can't be said for water, though."

Let me know if you need a hint, Einstein.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #42 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 5:41pm

Opioids are a problem, long term use will mess the brain up.

Pot is about as harmless as a drug can be, particularly when it's grown by people who know what they're doing and get a good balance of THC and CBD.

I can't wait for my next USA holiday when I can go to a dispensary and get connoisseur grown edibles.

The stories you hear of people who smoke pot and sit around all day is mostly a correlation does not imply causation thing. They're probably people who would sit around being lazy anyway.

IBI

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 5:49pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 5:22pm:

I'll post what I said again - which was 100% correct - and then you see if you can figure out where you went so spectacularly wrong.

And the original comment was made about "pot & opiates".......

You just conveniently left out the opiates.

Yet besides your selective editing about pot & OD's & deaths ..... it is not harmless to chronic abusers.

So your genius quote is simply a ... durrrrrhh

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 5:50pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 5:49pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 5:22pm:

And the original comment was made about "pot & opiates".......

You just conveniently left out the opiates.

Yet besides your selective editing about pot & OD's & deaths ..... it is not harmless to chronic abusers.

So your genius quote is simply a ... durrrrrhh

Not my comment, doofus.

This is my comment:

Try to keep up, okay princess?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print