Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Meth addicts to have their children removed (Read 2100 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Meth addicts to have their children removed
Reply #15 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:09pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 2:13pm:
... wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 12:09pm:
We need to keep our eyes on the goal here.  Ice addicts dont usually force their kids to take ice.  Theyre not ingesting anything harmful, so in efect the kids are just getting a lesson in self reliance.

Compare this to real insidious dangers like vegans, who actively work to deny their children the nutrients they need to thrive, while filling their bodies with toxic food substitutes.

Neglect vs active harm - its obvious which is the lesser of two evils.

It's not so much what the drug does, but what people do with it. The sleepless nights are the worst. The hoarding, the people coming and going, the constant arguments and parties and dramas, the lack of routine.

Amphetamines encourage all these things. We've all done it.

It's probably the worst drug for bringing up kids. Alcohol is next. I can't see much of a problem with pot or opiates.

Amphetamines are inherently fake - fake happy moods, fake chatter, and after a few nights up, fake hallucinations and paranoia.

Kids on the other hand, are inherently authentic. They say what they think. They don't get caught up in ideologies or theories. They trust. They take things as they come.

It must be horrible as a kid watching a parent becoming so fake after a blast of ice, and then having to deal with their loud, relentless obsessions.

well this cookie hasnt  .. smoking norm ciggies was my personal addiction...

I am not so sure about HARMLESS karmal   surely anything with put in our bodies that doesnt imitate what your body already produces   

is harmful....I like to think the first part of our bodies harmed is the brain....

but what would I know...but its what I tell anyone thats young why they shouldnt use anything like that unless they want brain damage.

karmal this thread is about removing children...from these homes......are you confident they would be safe with these... selfish parents..??

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:13pm

cods wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:09pm:
We need to keep our eyes on the goal here.  Ice addicts dont usually force their kids to take ice.  Theyre not ingesting anything harmful, so in efect the kids are just getting a lesson in self reliance.

Compare this to real insidious dangers like vegans, who actively work to deny their children the nutrients they need to thrive, while filling their bodies with toxic food substitutes.

It's not so much what the drug does, but what people do with it. The sleepless nights are the worst. The hoarding, the people coming and going, the constant arguments and parties and dramas, the lack of routine.

It's probably the worst drug for bringing up kids. Alcohol is next. I can't see much of a problem with pot or opiates.

Amphetamines are inherently fake - fake happy moods, fake chatter, and after a few nights up, fake hallucinations and paranoia.

Kids on the other hand, are inherently authentic. They say what they think. They don't get caught up in ideologies or theories. They trust. They take things as they come.

It must be horrible as a kid watching a parent becoming so fake after a blast of ice, and then having to deal with their loud, relentless obsessions.

I am not so sure about HARMLESS karmal   surely anything with put in our bodies that doesnt imitate what your body already produces   

is harmful....I like to think the first part of our bodies harmed is the brain....

but what would I know...but its what I tell anyone thats young why they shouldnt use anything like that unless they want brain damage.

karmal this thread is about removing children...from these homes......are you confident they would be safe with these... selfish parents..??

He didn't say "harmless", cods.

He said "I can't see much of a problem with pot or opiates".

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:28pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:13pm:

yes of course you are correct however it says almost same thing....i mean how many years were we all smoking before they decided it was killing us???..

now our eating patterns are killing us   but some folks think  pot and opiates are ok...

with all due respect... how much research has gone in to that???.....if they can have a problem with your driving.....what does that say?????????? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:35pm

cods wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:28pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:13pm:

yes of course you are correct however it says almost same thing....i mean how many years were we all smoking before they decided it was killing us???..

now our eating patterns are killing us   but some folks think  pot and opiates are ok...

with all due respect... how much research has gone in to that???.....if they can have a problem with your driving.....what does that say?????????? Roll Eyes

There are no records of people overdosing on pot and dying.

The same can't be said for water, though.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:49pm

You don't remove children from functional parents who use drugs, dear. The majority of Ice users are the weekend party crowd.

In child protection, you remove children from parental abuse and/or neglect. Drugs only contribute to this. In themselves, they are not a problem - unlike, for example, driving under the influence. Do this, and you lose your license.

Most people use one drug or another at some point in their life, legal or not. This shouldn't disqualify you from being a parent.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #20 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:58pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:49pm:

You don't remove children from functional parents who use drugs, dear. The majority of Ice users are the weekend party crowd.

In child protection, you remove children from parental abuse and/or neglect. Drugs only contribute to this. In themselves, they are not a problem - unlike, for example, driving under the influence. Do this, and you lose your license.

Most people use one drug or another at some point in their life, legal or not. This shouldn't disqualify you from being a parent.

Maybe a system where one man could have 10 wives would be better. They can take shifts getting off their tit while the other mummies look after them.

Let's hope it happens, inshala

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:59pm

All amphetamines do is speed up the nervous system, focus people's attention and decrease their appetite.

Use lots of amphetamines for days or weeks, however, and it's a totally different story.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 7:10pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 6:58pm:

Maybe a system where one man could have 10 wives would be better. They can take shifts getting off their tit while the other mummies look after them.

Let's hope it happens, inshala

This is how families and communities traditionally worked. My dad remembers a time, even in urban England, when mothers would watch out for other kids on the street. The mothers knew everybody's family's business, and kids were taken care of by communities.

The loss of communities has led to the need for child and family services. Once, extended families and communities would care for orphans, for example. Today, the state has taken on this role.

We've gone from big, church-run institutions (many full of abuse) to carefully-assessed foster families. Nuclear families. Our idea of what a family is has changed, along with gender roles and the role of the state.

Unfortunately, there's no simple way to turn things around.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #23 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:04pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 11:38am:
Drugs can never be controlled in a free society.

Better to allow safer drugs to be used and crack down on the most harmful ones.

This is the only answer. The Greens have been denigrated for years because they advocate that some illegal drugs should be legalised and by that they mean - by prescription, similar to the methadone program which has saved many lives.

Maybe the chemists need to get working on an ice substitute.

The children of meth addicts haven't got a hope in hell of living a decent life and growing up to be productive citizens.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:30pm

well you seem very knowledgeable on the subject  my knowledge is very limited.... so I have no choice but to believe you

but my concern  is for the children..

because no matter how bad a parent is for the child to be taken away is extremely traumatic....at the time....
so it isnt and shouldnt be done lightly..

what do you mean my functional parents??? karmal...

from what we see today parents using drugs have no inhibitions  and do not seem to carry a guilt complex....

how can you say drugs are harmless unless you are driving???

no one is suggesting anyone who experiments taking drugs should never be a parent...

its the ADDICTS that are the problem....

I dont want to see illegal drugs made legal but at the same time what we are doing is not working either  ./.

so maybe a middle road somewhere....

so whats the plan then  open drug houses for those wanting to experience the pleasures..

wonder what age they will start them at.. isnt it against the law to sell cigarettes/alcohol  to kids....so will they have to wait until they are 18... which I cant see happening...although it could be worth a try...

I am lucky I dont see the drug scene   I only read about it......but I have read about the neglect and babies being born addicted...this cant be good.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:30pm

mantra wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:04pm:

This is the only answer. The Greens have been denigrated for years because they advocate that some illegal drugs should be legalised and by that they mean - by prescription, similar to the methadone program which has saved many lives.

The children of meth addicts haven't got a hope in hell of living a decent life and growing up to be productive citizens.

Methadone is just as addictive as heroin and more physically debilitating, the methadone program is a crock.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #26 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:34pm

mantra wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:04pm:

NO

Death penalty for dealers and manufacturers

Compulsory drying out for users

All costs borne by the users, dealers and manufacturers.

I dont use drugs, WHY should I pay for others?

Seriously,
Why should I have to pay for other deadbeats to explore chemical pleasure and get hooked?

Dry them out without any substitute drugs, simply put them in a cell and leave them until they can walk out clean.
And charge them for the privilege.

I like chocolate, no one pays for that but me.
I like traveling, no one pays for me.
I like swimming, no one pays for me.

WHY should I pay for some FOOL to use drugs???????????

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:39pm

cods wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:30pm:

well you seem very knowledgeable on the subject  my knowledge is very limited.... so I have no choice but to believe you

but my concern  is for the children..

because no matter how bad a parent is for the child to be taken away is extremely traumatic....at the time....
so it isnt and shouldnt be done lightly..

what do you mean my functional parents??? karmal...

from what we see today parents using drugs have no inhibitions  and do not seem to carry a guilt complex....

how can you say drugs are harmless unless you are driving???

no one is suggesting anyone who experiments taking drugs should never be a parent...

its the ADDICTS that are the problem....

I dont want to see illegal drugs made legal but at the same time what we are doing is not working either  ./.

so maybe a middle road somewhere....

so whats the plan then  open drug houses for those wanting to experience the pleasures..

wonder what age they will start them at.. isnt it against the law to sell cigarettes/alcohol  to kids....so will they have to wait until they are 18... which I cant see happening...although it could be worth a try...

I am lucky I dont see the drug scene   I only read about it......but I have read about the neglect and babies being born addicted...this cant be good.

By functional parents, I mean people who truly care for and love their kids. This isn't really about functionality at all, but compassion.

Some people, rich or poor, addicted or not, are just into themselves. They don't tend to make good parents.

Crazy parents, poor parents, drunken or addicted parents, they can still be good parents if they love their kids.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #28 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 8:55am

rhino wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:30pm:
Methadone is just as addictive as heroin and more physically debilitating, the methadone program is a crock. 

When a junkie gets on the methadone program, I doubt anyone would give a stuff whether the drug is addictive or debilitating for the addict - it is better for everyone else who crosses paths with them. The crime rate decreases with every addict on methadone. The addict's life also improves because they're not constantly looking for their next hit or who they should steal from to pay for it.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 9:08am

mantra wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 8:55am:
rhino wrote on Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:30pm:

When a junkie gets on the methadone program, I doubt anyone would give a stuff whether the drug is addictive or debilitating for the addict - it is better for everyone else who crosses paths with them. The crime rate decreases with every addict on methadone. The addict's life also improves because they're not constantly looking for their next hit or who they should steal from to pay for it.

yes I agree I have someone in the family who has just served 7 years for hold up to get drugs   he at this point is coming good   a few stumbles but is doing methadone..  its not the first time   but we never give up hope..sadly his life is ruined  we think he has mild brain damage from all the years... but he is doing his best at this stage...thankfully he isnt a parent..
and he is in a better place than doing heroin.

mantra I take a handful of drugs every day   just because they are legal  doesn t mean I am not addict  because I am  however I dont crave them  in fact I would like to throw them out the window..lol.. but some of them make me easier to live with I am sure.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print