Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print
Sexual harassment and hospitality (Read 11909 times)
Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Sexual harassment and hospitality
Reply #270 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:46pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:31pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:05pm:
rhino wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:56pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:49pm:
mantra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:47pm:
aquascoot wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 2:52pm:
it is highly likely lisa is correct. my two daughters have worked in fast food places thru school and uni and the idea that someone would experience "100's if not 1000's of sexual harrasments" sounds far fetched. in fact my 2 daughters in a combined work life of 10 years have experienced a total of maybe 1 or 2 incidents.
their main complaint BY FAR is the other women in the office, the bitchiness, the nepotism, the favouritism and the bullying from women bosses, especially when they start to perform well and try to move up the peck order

That's probably the biggest problem in the workplace. Females, when they have the opportunity, would probably choose to work in an all male environment. Dealing with a male who leers at you all day is easier than dealing with a bullying female.

What Jones has failed to point out about that is this - that claim was made by the author of the Article, not the victim 'Erin.'
Your point being what exactly?

This is my point.  Did you not read it?

What Jones has failed to point out about that is this - that claim was made by the author of the Article, not the victim 'Erin.'

Oh dear God....another clueless buffoon...sigh.

Listen retired Cab Driver....

The detailed personal workforce experiences relating to Erin Thompson in that article came from somewhere.

Wanna guess from where?

Tip/Hint :This article appeared in the SMH. Fairfax Publishing operates within certain legal guidelines and under a specific code of conduct.

Lisa, I think what Aussie is saying is that Erin did not mention 00's or 000's instances of harassment in her interview (audio supplied within link).
It was the author who stated this.

It may well not be the complete interview......Erin may have said it, but we don't know for certain.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #271 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:50pm

Alinta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:46pm:
Lisa, I think what Aussie is saying is that Erin did not mention 00's or 000's instances of harassment in her interview (audio supplied within link).

It may well not be the complete interview......Erin may have said it, but we don't know for certain.

It is exactly that which I am saying.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #272 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:52pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:37pm:
cods wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:26pm:
well what I find interesting is why havent we heard much more on this in this industry than we have...or at least I have...I am sure a lot goes on and I am not saying this young lady is lying.. but lets be honest   if you had a daughter who at 15 is sexually harassed and it continued no matter where she went in the industry   two things at least come to mind..

find another job outside of the awful industry or join the union and report every instant...thats what unions are for isnt it?...but if she was my daughter I would say get out my love....and if this is now in the media surely someone is horrified by this and is doing something about it   how about Bill Shorten  doesnt he have influence???..

the hospitality industry is full of females  if this was the norm  as this story maintains  I am staggered it hasnt been exposed before now...

....because that is so wrong.

and silence is even more wrong.

I had a GF who worked as waitstaff, and was always copping it from customers. The vast majority was low level flirting. She was a toughy and would deflect and shut them down, but obviously there are people who aren't as hardy.

what about barmaids  imagine what they put up with....dont hear them saying much do you??...women need to toughen up especially since womens lib  I know it isnt right but at the end of the day.. working in a mostly male environment   I often saw blokes trying to grab at each other as they waked past...they would roar their heads off.... women demanded equality   and of course the first thing we gave up was good manners   blokes dont open doors anymore  and when it come to first in best dressed they dont care who they knock over......it is now the way of the world and we do need to toughen up and maybe when they try something knee them in the gonads...

well just sayin thats all.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #273 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:54pm

it is highly likely lisa is correct. my two daughters have worked in fast food places thru school and uni and the idea that someone would experience "100's if not 1000's of sexual harrasments" sounds far fetched. in fact my 2 daughters in a combined work life of 10 years have experienced a total of maybe 1 or 2 incidents.
their main complaint BY FAR is the other women in the office, the bitchiness, the nepotism, the favouritism and the bullying from women bosses, especially when they start to perform well and try to move up the peck order

That's probably the biggest problem in the workplace. Females, when they have the opportunity, would probably choose to work in an all male environment. Dealing with a male who leers at you all day is easier than dealing with a bullying female.

The detailed personal workforce experiences relating to Erin Thompson in that article came from somewhere.

Wanna guess from where?

Tip/Hint :This article appeared in the SMH. Fairfax Publishing operates within certain legal guidelines and under a specific code of conduct.

hes trying to make trouble for someone lisa.. as per his usual reason for leaving his safe place relationship.. just shite stirring that all..

hes happy decking women remember i am sure he couldnt careless about this thread.... Angry

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #274 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:01pm

Quote:
hes happy decking women remember i am sure he couldnt careless about this thread.... Angry

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #275 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:06pm

Wanna guess from where?

why would a Journalist say this?

Quote:
Thompson has worked in 11 hospitality jobs since that first one. She has experienced hundreds, possibly thousands, of other frightening and humiliating experiences.

why would a writer for a newspaper write something that wasnt true?????>....

the writer and I presume  the girl both mentioned Hungry Jacks...   if I was a hungry jack owner/manager  I would be real pizzzzzzzzzzzzzed off... I can tell ya.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #276 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:28pm

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:20am:

Almost nine out of 10 reported sexist remarks (87 per cent), comments on their body (85 per cent) and sexual innuendo (84 per cent).[/b]
.[/b]

http://www.smh.com.au/interactive/2017/harassment-in-hospitality/
Thats a normal work day for me and I work mostly with males.  Grin.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #277 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:31pm

Wanna guess from where?

wow, you think?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #278 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:41pm

Wanna guess from where?

1. Thank you for explaining Aussie's point. It's a shame (but no surprise) that Aussie was unable to do this himself.

2. Just so you know....I've already indicated in no uncertain terms, my contempt and disdain for this appalling piece of journalism.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #279 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:45pm

Which part of this:
Quote:

....was not exactly what Alinta posted, and is not crystal clear, Jones?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #280 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:46pm

rhino wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:31pm:

Wanna guess from where?

wow, you think?

It's called WISHFUL THINKING  Grin

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #281 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:55pm

rhino wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:31pm:

Wanna guess from where?

wow, you think?

What I know first hand in dealing with media is they do whatever it takes to garner maximum interest........delete/distort/ misconstrue interviewees' words, etc etc.  .......I've no reason to think those tactics are absent in the case of Erin. 

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #282 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 8:01pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:01pm:
Quote:

Roll Eyes

at least you didnt have to "store" this did you r.sole.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #283 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 8:05pm

Alinta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:55pm:
What I know first hand in dealing with media is they do whatever it takes to garner maximum interest........delete/distort/ misconstrue interviewees' words, etc etc.  .......I've no reason to think those tactics are absent in the case of Erin.

if you were a Hungry Jacks owner or manager how would you like to read that article..???>..because while its mentioned she had 11 jobs...no other business name was mentioned

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #284 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 8:54pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:01pm:
Quote:

Roll Eyes

cods, if you post that garbage allegation once more, I will report it to Effendi and every GMod.

This is my only warning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print