Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
trailer trash (Read 4706 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

trailer trash
Apr 27th, 2017 at 7:56am

[urlhttp://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/tradies-guilty-of-assault-of-father-after-sexually-harassing-daughter/news-story/34e51f32175d41e78a23e903cb3e159f][/url]

TWO brothers who attacked a Bundall father after he approached them about lurid gestures they were making at his 15-year-old daughter have been sentenced in a Gold Coast court.

Yesterday evening, Bodie, 29, and Kai Lajunen, 31, were found guilty of pushing Robert Pirie, 53, over a pile of concrete rubbish on his neighbour’s property after he asked them why they were “blowing kisses” and “making wanking gestures” at his 15-year-old daughter.

Mr Pirie injured his hand and wrist and was subjected to a barrage of punches and slaps from both the men during the incident last year.

On December 15, Mr Pirie got a text from his neighbour telling him the men working on the property were making lurid gestures to his 15-year-old daughter and her friends as they sat on the pontoon at the back of the property, the court heard.

In evidence, Mr Pirie said he drove to the house to ask the men why they were being so “unprofessional” toward his daughter and her friends, who were so terrified they had to leave the property.

“I was being assertive, not argumentative and I asked them why they were being so unprofessional and harassing my daughter,” he said.

Mr Pirie claims he also saw the men drinking on the job site.

In response, Bodie initially went back to work before his brother Kai came down out of the property and set on Mr Pirie, punching and “gangster slapping” him.

Bodie then also assaulted Mr Pirie before he was pushed over the pile of rubbish.

Defence barrister John Jacob argued the brothers were provoked and acting in self defence after being verbally harassed by Mr Pirie.

In cross-examination he put to Mr Pirie he believed the man was actually masturbating behind his daughter and was not “satisfied” with the brother’s responses.

“(Mr Pirie) started the conversation ... and he kept going,” Mr Jacob said.

“He has willingly remained and engaged in a confrontation.”

However, Magistrate Chris Callaghan found the brothers guilty, but conceded they had acted independently and it was not a two against one assault.

“You were the aggressors in this and that was clearly made out in the evidence,” he said.

“I am satisfied (you) were not provoked to such an extent which would justify Mr Pirie being assaulted in the way he was.”

Bodie and Kai Lajunen leave Southport Magistrates Court. Picture: Alexandria Utting.
Bodie Lajunen was handed a $750 fine and had no conviction recorded.

His brother Kai was sentenced to nine months’ jail but released on immediate parole.

Both men were ordered to pay $1500 each to Mr Pirie.

Outside court, the brothers showed no remorse, laughing and telling reporters they would give Mr Pirie a “thumbs down” when asked if they were sorry for their actions.

why does anyone defend garbage like this?..

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: trailer trash
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 2:53pm

Typical, a female causes all sorts of problems and men get blamed.

Obviously she enticed the men on, then played the innocent one to her Dad.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 10:07pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 2:53pm:

thats right two big burly men in their 30s  used by 15 year olds.. of course.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 10:36pm

When you introduce your sister at the backyard trash heap over a joint and a case of stubbies, and introduce your mother at the same time....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 12:53am

I presume you think it's a woman's fault if she is raped too?

Must be because of what she's wearing?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:09am

Because Australian men are unable to control themselves, a bit like those Muslims. That girl should have been wearing a burka and been accompanied by a male relative, her home should have been walled to keep her from tempting strangers.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:12am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:09am:

Because Australian men are unable to control themselves, a bit like those Muslims. That girl should have been wearing a burka and been accompanied by a male relative, her home should have been walled to keep her from tempting strangers.

Indeed Setanta. And it's all men, just as it is all Muslims.

We women have a whole lot to answer for. Ever since Eve picked the apple and Adam saw she was in the nuddie.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:14am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:12am:

We women have a whole lot to answer for. Ever since Eve picked the apple and Adam saw she was in the nuddie.

Oi!

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:15am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:14am:

Oi!

It's ok. It's our fault. You're only human.

Sprint says so.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:21am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:15am:

Oi!

Sprint says so.

But sprint is a member of one of those horrible desert religions, you should expect that kind of view.

I do have a question, why when people pay out on Islam, which deserves all the payout it gets, do you denounce them? I can understand sticking up for the followers of it, they are people. Islam is an idea and it sucks.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:27am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:21am:

Oi!

Sprint says so.

But sprint is a member of one of those horrible dessert religions, you should expect that kind of view.

I do have a question, why when people pay out on Islam, which deserves all the payout it gets, do you denounce them? I can understand sticking up for the followers of it, they are people. Islam is an idea and it sucks.

I believe in judging something by it's best case scenarios.

The kind of Islam that Malala Yousafzai follows is beautiful and peaceful. As with Gandalf, and many other Muslims i have met.

I personally am against all monotheistic religions but i can appreciate the good that people find in them. I was raised Catholic and learned compassion, humility and inclusiveness at that teat.

I learned a whole bunch of bullshit too ... but i've kept the nice bits as part of my life.

I believe in coexistence. I believe the good should be encouraged .. and there is always good to be found.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:34am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:27am:

Oi!

Sprint says so.

But sprint is a member of one of those horrible dessert religions, you should expect that kind of view.

The kind of Islam that Malala Yousafzai follows is beautiful and peaceful. As with Gandalf, and many other Muslims i have met.

I personally am against all monotheistic religions but i can appreciate the good that people find in them. I was raised Catholic and learned compassion, humility and inclusiveness at that teat.

I learned a whole bunch of bullshit too ... but i've kept the nice bits as part of my life.

I believe in coexistence. I believe the good should be encouraged .. and there is always good to be found.

Why not let them put their view of their religion forward and other followers of it do the same? If you are against them all, why weigh in unless someone is being attacked? Why defend something you are against? You can defend a person's right to their views, opinions, beliefs, without defending their ideas.

I have religious friends and co-existence is them being able to tell me about why they hold their ideas and me telling them why I think it's a load of crap. Neither of us gets angry and we agree to disagree, still are friends, knowing we think each other is wrong.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:41am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:34am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:27am:

Oi!

Sprint says so.

Why not let them put their view of their religion forward and other followers of it do the same? If you are against them all, why weigh in unless someone is being attacked? Why defend something you are against? You can defend a person's right to their views, opinions, beliefs, without defending their ideas.

I have religious friends and co-existence is them being able to tell me about why they hold their ideas and me telling them why I think it's a load of crap. Neither of us gets angry and we agree to disagree, still are friends, knowing we think each other is wrong.

I don't get angry Setanta. Ever.

But i will challenge ignorance and prejudice at every turn.

99% of what is said on here about Islam is just crap. As i have said a dozen times, if you want open discourse on Islam, you simply cannot start from a position of falsehood. You can't objectively critique something when you're misinformed about what you are critiquing.

I only tell the truth. I a happy to have an objective discussion about Islam ... as much as i know of it anyway ... as i'm sure is Gandalf ... but he's too busy defending outright lies and raging prejudice.

To have open discourse, you need to start at ground zero. There is none of that on this forum.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:49am

At least this Mr Pirie had some balls.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #14 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:53am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:41am:

99% of what is said on here about Islam is just crap. As i have said a dozen times, if you want open discourse on Islam, you simply cannot start from a position of falsehood. You can't objectively critique something when you're misinformed about what you are critiquing.

I only tell the truth. I a happy to have an objective discussion about Islam ... as much as i know of it anyway ... as i'm sure is Gandalf ... but he's too busy defending outright lies and raging prejudice.

To have open discourse, you need to start at ground zero. There is none of that on this forum.

Islam is a nasty ideology. Just because many people ignore parts of it and still follow it, does not change the root. If there were some nice Nazis would you defend it? Just as Christianity and Judaism are nasty Ideologies and they are the root of Islam. All of them suck and should not be defended. All that should be defended is peoples right to hold these ideologies.

I'm the same with the political spectrum. I'm a lefty, I think the righties are wrong but I won't judge them on their opinions. I won't support or agree with most of their ideology but I will allow them to hold those views without rancour, they are entitled as human beings to hold whatever ideas they deem worthy.

I'm not a thought policeman.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:57am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:53am:

Islam is a nasty ideology. Just because many people ignore parts of it and still follow it, does not change the root. If there were some nice Nazis would you defend it? Just as Christianity and Judaism are nasty Ideologies and they are the root of Islam. All of them suck and should not be defended. All that should be defended is peoples right to hold these ideologies.

I'm the same with the political spectrum. I'm a lefty, I think the righties are wrong but I won't judge them on their opinions. I won't support or agree with most of their ideology but I will allow them to hold those views without rancour, they are entitled as human beings to hold whatever ideas they deem worthy.

What do you think is nasty about Islam, Setanta?

Let's have an objective discussion now.

Why do you think so many millions of people are able to live peaceful lives following Islam, if it is so nasty?

There is nothing redeeming about Nazism. They are not equatable. No matter how often FD says it.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #16 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 2:08am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:57am:

Why do you think so many millions of people are able to live peaceful lives following Islam, if it is so nasty?

There is nothing redeeming about Nazism. They are not equatable. No matter how often FD says it.

Should a raped girl marry her raper? You can use this one in all three desert religions. Perhaps she should be stoned? What about the unbelievers? These are part of Islam just as stoning your rebellious son at the gates of the city is Christian and Judaic, their book says so. As I said, just because people choose to ignore part of their scriptures does not make the scriptures worthy of respect.

There is nothing to defend in Islam, the parts that people pick out that are good are the same in all of the religions, the golden rule.

Others may disagree with your opinion of Nazism, will you defend their right to hold those beliefs?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 2:13am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 2:08am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:57am:

Should a raped girl marry her raper? You can use this one in all three desert religions. Perhaps she should be stoned? What about the unbelievers? These are part of Islam just as stoning your rebellious son at the gates of the city is Christian and Judaic, their book says so. As I said, just because people choose to ignore part of their scriptures does not make the scriptures worthy of respect.

There is nothing to defend in Islam, the parts that people pick out that are good are the same in all of the religions, the golden rule.

Others may disagree with your opinion of Nazism, will you defend their right to hold those beliefs?

Those things are part of repressive regimes, Setanta. I categorically condemn all of the things you mentioned.

However, not all Muslims do those things. The majority in fact, do not do those things.

Yet they are every bit as Islamic.

And yes, i defend a person's right to be a Nazi. But i will call them on it. As will the law.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #18 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 2:20am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 2:13am:
Those things are part of repressive regimes, Setanta. I categorically condemn all of the things you mentioned.

However, not all Muslims do those things. The majority in fact, do not do those things.

And yes, i defend a person's right to be a Nazi. But i will call them on it. As will the law.

Nazi German was a repressive regime, not all Nazis wanted all Jews dead. Were all Nazis bad?

The problem is the scripture supports a repressive regime. The Muslims that do not support repressive regimes are not following scripture. They like most Christians choose to ignore the bad stuff. That's all well and good but it doesn't change the idea that Islam is. It's toxic as are the other desert religions and can be used to do any number of barbarities.

You can support Muslims(people) without supporting their ideas(Islam).

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 2:42am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 2:20am:

Nazi German was a repressive regime, not all Nazis wanted all Jews dead. Were all Nazis bad?

The problem is the scripture supports a repressive regime. The Muslims that do not support repressive regimes are not following scripture. They like most Christians choose to ignore the bad stuff. That's all well and good but it doesn't change the idea that Islam is. It's toxic as are the other desert religions and can be used to do any number of barbarities.

Setanta, the Muslims who choose to interpret the Quran peacefully claim they are interpreting the true meaning of it.

Ask Gandalf.

Malala Yousafzai says that when you hurt another, you are no longer a Muslim. The Dalai Lama says the same.

I prefer their interpretation to those of the war torn Middle East, that is still finding it's feet after decades of border shufflings, puppet dictators, wars and Western intervention.

It's about who you listen to.

As for Nazism, what is altruistic in it's ideology? What is peaceful? Does it speak of charity and compassion? Of peace and tolerance?

The Quran does. It does indeed.

Many, many millions of Muslims are testament to this.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #20 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 2:55am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 2:42am:

Setanta, the Muslims who choose to interpret the Quran peacefully claim they are interpreting the true meaning of it.

Ask Gandalf.

Malala Yousafzai says that when you hurt another, you are no longer a Muslim. The Dalai Lama says the same.

I prefer their interpretation to those of the war torn Middle East, that is still finding it's feet after decades of border shufflings, puppet dictators, wars and Western intervention.

As for Nazism, what is altruistic in it's ideology? What is peaceful? Does it speak of charity and compassion? Of peace and tolerance?

They can claim what they like, doesn't make it true, just look around at what other Moslems claim. This is the problem I have mentioned, just because they chose to ignore the nasties, it does not absolve the whole ideology. As Greg pointed out, Westborough Baptists. They are more biblical than almost all Christians. They follow their scripture literally.

Islam sucks, there is more than enough evidence of that in what it's adherents do in it's name. Support the Muslim, he is your brother, condemn the ideology, it is his chains.

edit: If you were a Nazi, sure it was. Even got 72 virgins to breed with. Lebensborn Grin Is Islam peaceful and altruistic? Are Islamic countries taking in their poor and downtrodden? I'm sure it's scriptural that they should.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:11am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:14am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 2:55am:

Ask Gandalf.

They can claim what they like, doesn't make it true, just look around at what other Moslems claim. This is the problem I have mentioned, just because they chose to ignore the nasties, it does not absolve the whole ideology. As Greg pointed out, Westborough Baptists. They are more biblical than almost all Christians. They follow their scripture literally.

Islam sucks, there is more than enough evidence of that in what it's adherents do in it's name. Support the Muslim, he is your brother, condemn the ideology, it is his slavery.

Too simplistic. You are negating all the good because of the bad.

I am asking you to try to negate the bad because of the good.

Scholars pour over these texts to try to fit them into modern minds. Look at Moses scramble over the use of the word "fulfill" in Matthew 5:17. But would you not argue that great charitable works are being done by Christians? That Pope Francis isn't just a bit of a dude? Whether you agree with him on everything or not.

As i said previously, some of the qualities i most pride myself on have come from my Catholic upbringing. My mother, who is still very Catholic is a damn good woman who fights for refugees and war victims and marched against the last Gulf War.

That said, i am not a Christian and find the whole thing unpalatable. Personally. I do not, however, focus on the Lord's Resistance Army and other revolting Christian groups to base my objections upon. My objections are my own. Deeply considered and well versed.

Likewise, i do not base my opinion of Islam on what i consider the misuse of it's tenets. I believe to interpret anything in the negative is a misuse. All of the alleged violent passages in the Quran can and have been explained by peaceful scholars. There is more in the Quran to recommend it to women, for example,  than there is in the Bible or the Torah... yet there is much to do in all of these religions before women are truly equal.

Part of my problem with them. I asked my mother once who God's mummy was. I never received a satisfactory answer.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:23am

"If you were a Nazi, sure it was. Even got 72 virgins to breed with. Lebensborn Grin Is Islam peaceful and altruistic? Are Islamic countries taking in their poor and downtrodden? I'm sure it's scriptural that they should."

First up, i'm pretty sure Nazis know their ideology is about supremacy of some people and the persecution of others.

Secondly, yes indeed Muslim majority countries are taking refugees. They are in fact, doing most of the heavy lifting.

Don;t judge them all by Saudi Arabia, the US ally. They are extreme human rights violators with absolutely no soul.

That said, i had a story pop up on my facebook feed about a Saudi girl living in the US who was teased about her hijab. She was accused of not being able to take it off or her father would beat her.

She sent him a message and it and his response went viral.

She asked him if she could take off her hijab, as she was being badly treated because of it,

He, a Saudi man, said, no man can tell you what to do. You must follow your own conscience.

So even in the worst of places, there are people who interpret Islam peacefully.

I think these people deserve a voice ... which, to answer your original question Setanta, is why i fight.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #23 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:23am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:14am:
Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 2:55am:

Ask Gandalf.

Islam sucks, there is more than enough evidence of that in what it's adherents do in it's name. Support the Muslim, he is your brother, condemn the ideology, it is his slavery.

Too simplistic. You are negating all the good because of the bad.

I am asking you to try to negate the bad because of the good.

Scholars pour over these texts to try to fit them into modern minds. Look at Moses scramble over the use of the word "fulfill" in Matthew 5:17. But would you not argue that great charitable works are being done by Christians? That Pope Francis isn't just a bit of a dude? Whether you agree with him on everything or not.

As i said previously, some of the qualities i most pride myself on have come from my Catholic upbringing. My mother, who is still very Catholic is a damn good woman who fights for refugees and war victims and marched against the last Gulf War.

That said, i am not a Christian and find the whole thing unpalatable. Personally. I do not, however, focus on the Lord's Resistance Army and other revolting Christian groups to base my objections upon. My objections are my own. Deeply considered and well versed.

Likewise, i do not base my opinion of Islam on what i consider the misuse of it's tenets. I believe to interpret anything in the negative is a misuse. All of the alleged violent passages in the Quran can and have been explained by peaceful scholars. There is more in the Quran to recommend it to women, for example,  than there is in the Bible or the Torah... yet there is much to do in all of these religions before women are truly equal.

Part of my problem with them. I asked my mother once who God's mummy was. I never received a satisfactory answer.

I guess this is where we agree to disagree. Islam is a pox on the world as are all religions that claim their god is the only one... out of none.

I'l not condemn it's followers because of it... Forgive them Father for they know not what they do--> Ignorance.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:29am

All gods are the same god. Even my Catholic mother agrees with that.

If you believe in god at all, that is.

Don't validate the war lovers, Setanta. Validate the peaceful. They are being drowned out by the war lovers, despite their best efforts.

And extremism wears many different clothes. We see extremism on this forum on a daily basis.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #25 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:42am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:29am:

Don't validate the war lovers, Setanta. Validate the peaceful. They are being drowned out by the war lovers, despite their best efforts.

And extremism wears many different clothes. We see extremism on this forum on a daily basis.

I won't validate bullshit, so I can't validate the ideology, I can separate the person from their ideology if they are reasonable.

You know, if you could do the same, you could be seen as a supporter of people(Muslims) rather than their ideology.

I guess we have different ideas about what constitutes the rights of people. I'm all for 18c being watered down, I think we should have the right to say what we like as long as it does not call for violence on another person. I don't care if anyone takes offence by what anyone says.

I don't support religion, it's a pox. I don't care what adherents say. I've seen what it has wrought. I'll accept any reasonable person, I will not support their fantasies.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #26 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:52am

Night Mothra, 3:50 and I have to do some shyte tomorrow. I could happily sit here for a few more hours but I'd be gefickt, must have some sleep to do what I need to do.

Edit: If you want to get a quick one in... I'm going to have a smoke before I hit the hay.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:52am

I and Greg, John, Brian and others are often accused on here of apologising for extremists.

We do not. We categorically condemn them. We say so often.

But we defend the peaceful. We fight against the inclusion of the "all" into the narrative against the few.

We remind people that horrible things are done by all sorts of people.

If we seem repetitive or even "trollish" in what we do, then that is an unfortunate consequence of having to say the same damn thing over and over again and it simply not registering.

See, i consider the feelings of Muslims. I would hate for one to look in on this forum, after coming across it in a google search, and seeing the kinds of comments that are made without them being challenged.

And while people like Gordy start thread after thread after thread demonising Muslims for sh1ts and giggles, you will have people like me and Greg and John and Brian and others providing a counter argument ... and calling him and those like him on their prejudice.

See? We fight extremism. All of it.   

« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:00am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #28 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:00am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:52am:
I and Greg, John, Brian and others are often accused on here of apologising for extremists.

But we defend the peaceful. We fight against the inclusion of the "all" into the narrative against the few.

If we seem repetitive or even "trollish" in what we do, then that is an unfortunate consequence of having to say the same damn thing over and over again and it simply not registering.

See, i consider the feelings of Muslims. I would hate for one to look in on this forum, after coming across it in a google search, and seeing the kinds of comments that are made without them being challenged.

And while people like Gordy start thread after thread after thread demonising Muslims for sh1ts and giggles, you will have people like me and Greg and John and Brian and others providing a counter argument ... and calling him and those like him on their prejudice.

(Sorry for the edit. Hit modify instead of quote)
Would you do the same and consider the feelings of Atheists on the recent beheading? Their anger at the ideology that made it happen?

Gordy has made it clear it's Islam and one particular branch, but when he points it out he is an islamophobe. After a while you will just go with it because you have no choice. Then you enter the feedback loop.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:04am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:42am:

I won't validate bullshit, so I can't validate the ideology, I can separate the person from their ideology if they are reasonable.

You know, if you could do the same, you could be seen as a supporter of people(Muslims) rather than their ideology.

I guess we have different ideas about what constitutes the rights of people. I'm all for 18c being watered down, I think we should have the right to say what we like as long as it does not call for violence on another person. I don't care if anyone takes offence by what anyone says.

I don't support religion, it's a pox. I don't care what adherents say. I've seen what it has wrought. I'll accept any reasonable person, I will not support their fantasies.

Yeah but Setanta, you are overlooking other people's perceptions.

I agree with you, indeed. But billions don't agree with us at all.

Who am i to tell my mother she is full of bullshit? Or to tell Gandalf that he is full of bullshit? Simply because i don't agree with them about some stuff that doesn't really matter all that much in my dealings with them?

Why would i choose to offend them so? That is not the way to peace.

Isn't there enough disagreement to go around than to pick fights with people who interpret old books peacefully and believe in a God of sorts?

Hasn't there been enough blood spilled over gods? Although it is indeed true that most religious wars have been about something else entirely.  As is currently the case in the Middle East.

You are, of course, absolutely entitled to think it's ll crap. But does it bring peace to tell other people that what they deeply believe is nothing but crap?

Why would you want to do that?

I don't understand.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:11am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:00am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:52am:

(Sorry for the edit. Hit modify instead of quote)
Would you do the same and consider the feelings of Atheists on the recent beheading? Their anger at the ideology that made it happen?

Gordy has made it clear it's Islam and one particular branch, but when he points it out he is an islamophobe. After a while you will just go with it because you have no choice. Then you enter the feedback loop.

Of course i would support an atheists rights to be offended. As i support LGBT rights to be offended. As i support women's rights to be offended.

I actively campaign against all of these human rights violations. I thought i made that clear?

But you are talking about repressive regimes. They perpetrate many hmuan rights violations. I condemn them all. Without question or reservation.

As i condemn the many US states that force the victims of rape who happen to become pregnant and bear a child being forced by law to co-parent with their rapist.

As i condemn the death penalty all over the world as an act of absolute barbarism.

As i condemn the domestic violence and rape statistics in our very own country.

As i condemn the slave trade in Australia.

As i condemn the sex tourism trade from Westerners that exploits women and children in Asia.

As i condemn the wars the US has embarked on in the token name of Christianity. How many killed now since WWII? Supporting the Saudis in Yemen?

I'm not fussy, Setanta. I see all sorts of human rights violations all over the world. I also see tremendous amounts of hypocrisy.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:24am

And Gordy is a tremendous Islamophobe. He is also a racist and a sexist.

He is an utterly revolting human being. I am surprised you are defending him, Setanta.

No matter how many times he says it's just Wahhabism.. no wait .. it's just Sunnis ... no wait, it's just people of Mediterranean/Middle Eastern appearance ... he says Muslims and he means Muslims. All of them.

Much as he means all "Abos" and all "curry-shitters".

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #32 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:25am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:04am:

Who am i to tell my mother she is full of bullshit? Or to tell Gandalf that he is full of bullshit? Simply because i don't agree with them about some stuff that doesn't really matter all that much in my dealings with them?

Isn't there enough disagreement to go around than to pick fights with people who interpret old books peacefully and believe in a God of sorts?

Hasn't there been enough blood spilled over gods? Although it is indeed true that most religious wars have been about something else entirely.  As is currently the case in the Middle East.

You are, of course, absolutely entitled to think it's ll crap. But does it bring peace to tell other people that what they deeply believe is nothing but crap?

I don't understand.

I told my mum she was "full of shyte" for her beliefs. Poor old thing was 78 and asked "are you an atheist?" She still loves me but it seemed to be a shock to her.

Exactly, enough blood sacrifice! Don't support it. Helping people with their beliefs will encourage them.

I don't care what they think, they don't care what I think. We can agree to disagree or pick up arms.

I don't unless others bring it up. Just like I don't get into the crap here. I might have a say and put my position forward and leave it at that, like I did with the free speech/muslim ABC lady I have never seen on TV. I don't mid discussing but I won't get into a shitfight. Once it gets it that stage, I'll walk away. If you for eg started calling me an islamophobe for my view, the interview would be over, I'm out. I like discussions but when it it moves to "you XXX"... That's not for me.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:34am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:25am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:04am:

I don't understand.

I told my mum she was "full of shyte" for her beliefs. Poor old thing was 78 and asked "are you an atheist?" She still loves me but it seemed to be a shock to her.

Exactly, enough blood sacrifice! Don't support it. Helping people with their beliefs will encourage them.

I don't care what they think, they don't care what I think. We can agree to disagree or pick up arms.

I don't unless others bring it up. Just like I don't get into the crap here. I might have a say and put my position forward and leave it at that, like I did with the free speech/muslim ABC lady I have never seen on TV. I don't mid discussing but I won't get into a shitfight. Once it gets it that stage, I'll walk away. If you for eg started calling me an islamophobe for my view, the interview would be over, I'm out. I like discussions but when it it moves to "you XXX"... That's not for me.

I would never call you an Islamophobe. You don't thump your chest about how all Muslims are CULTISTS, or spend all day every day starting threads on Muslims. You don't attribute the worst of behaviours by Muslims to the main.

As you said, you will defend individuals and their rights.

But i will damn straight call an Islamophobe an Islamophobe. I will call a racist a racist. I will call a sexist a sexist.

Listen Setanta, you and i have disagreed on gender politics, right? Have i ever called you a sexist? You are obviously not ... although we disagree, and i am a feminist.

It takes an extremist to be labelled with Islamophobe. Or racist. Or sexist.

We have no shortage of extremists on this forum.

They are not about peace.

They are about fear, hatred and disunity.

they push political agendas to foster fear hatred and disunity.

This is the literal definition of terrorist.

What do you think of Gordy's thread tonight on Mohammed raping a 3 year old? Do you think that is pushing a political agenda?

Using the violation of a small child to push a political agenda, no less.

Is this not extremism?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #34 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:34am

Kate Bush: Album: Common Ground

Tá bean in Éirinn a phronnfadh séad domh is mo sháith le n-ól
Is tá bean in Éirinn is ba bhinne léithe mo ráfla ceoil
Ná seinm théad; atá bean in éirinn is níorbh fhearr léi beo
Mise ag léimnigh nó leagtha i gcré is mo thárr faoi fhód

Tá bean in Éirinn a bheadh ag éad liom mur' bhfaighfinn ach póg
Ó bhean ar aonach, nach ait an scéala, is mo dháimh féin leo;
Tá bean ab fhearr liom nó cath is céad dhíobh nach bhfagham go deo
Is tá cailín spéiriúil ag fear gan Bhéarla, dubhghránna cróin.

Tá bean a déarfadh dá siulfainn léi go bhfaighinn an t-ór,
Is tá bean 'na léine is is fearr a méin ná na táinte bó
Le bean a bhuairfeadh Baile an Mhaoir is clár Thír Eoghain,
Is ní fheicim leigheas ar mo ghalar féin ach scaird a dh'ól

Quote:
Women of Ireland

There's a woman in Erin who'd give me shelter and my fill of ale;
There's a woman in Ireland who'd prefer my strains to strings beingplayed;
There's a woman in Eirinn and nothing would please her more
Than to see me burning or in a grave lying cold.

There's a woman in Eirinn who'd be mad with envy if I was kissed
By another on fair-day, they have strange ways, but I love them all;
There are women I'll always adore, battalions of women and more
And there's this sensuous beauty and she shackled to an ugly boar.

There's a woman who promised if I'd wander with her I'd find some gold
A woman in night dress with a loveliness worth more than the woman
Who vexed Ballymoyer and the plain of Tyrone;
And the only cure for my pain I'm sure is the ale-house down the road.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:40am

You and i can find common ground Setanta. We have proven that time and time again.

We ultimately believe in the rights for all people to live in dignity and peace, yes?

Yes.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #36 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:42am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:40am:
You and i can find common ground Setanta. We have proven that time and time again.

We ultimately believe in the rights for all people to live in dignity and peace, yes?

Yes.

Pretty much, people not ideology.

Common Ground. You can almost always find it if you look for it.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:48am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:42am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:40am:

Yes.

Pretty much, people not ideology.

People come with their ideologies Setanta. You have yours. I have mine.

Yet we have found common ground, of sorts.

That is because we are essentially peaceful. Despite our disagreements, we choose to focus upon what we agree on.

You and i, over several years, have mastered this.

We agree to disagree.

But back to Gordy, who you defend. What do you think of his his thread tonight about Mohammed raping a 3 year old?

Do you not think that warrants challenge?

It is, without question, highly offensive, Islamophobic and belittling to child rape survivors. And to all Muslims.

Do you defend that?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:52am

Because i find it pretty typical of Gordy.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #39 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:00am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:52am:

I have seen it when people are told something they tend to live it out. Why? It's the only option. Tell a kid he's bad and you'll get a bad kid. Tell someone they are an islamophobe and you will get one, people jack up.

Not sure I may say but I will, the Islamophobe racist is someone than xxx. That is the volunteer work he talks about but never says what it is. You judge people too quickly if you don't like what they say.

People are multi faceted.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:13am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:09am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:00am:

I haven't seen it but when people are told something they tend to live it out. Why? It's the only option. Tell a kid he's bad and you'll get a bad kid. Tell someone they are an islamophobe and you will get one, people jack up.

Not sure I may say but I will, the Islamophobe racist is someone than went vxxx. That is the volunteer work he talks about but never says what it is. You judge people too quickly if you don't like what they say.

Apologies for not believing you haven;t seen it Setanta. It is sitting at the very top of the general board.

Here:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1493285884/0

But are you suggesting that all of these extremists on this forum are only extremists because people like me call them extremists?

You should get onto the government with your solution. All this anti-radicalisation stuff has a much simpler answer to what they are working with. Yes?

If only i knew i could go through my life without sexism by simply not pointing it out when it happened. It works retrospectively, yes?

I, Greg, John, Karnal, Gandalf and Brian etc. created all of these Islamophobes and racists by telling them off for being Islmophobes and racists.

Gotcha.  Wink

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:11am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:00am:

I have seen it when people are told something they tend to live it out. Why? It's the only option. Tell a kid he's bad and you'll get a bad kid. Tell someone they are an islamophobe and you will get one, people jack up.

Not sure I may say but I will, the Islamophobe racist is someone than went xxx That is the volunteer work he talks about but never says what it is. You judge people too quickly if you don't like what they say.

People are multi faceted.

And so he says, Setanta. Do you judge him by what he claims to have done? Or how he presents?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #42 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:12am

I will remove part of the previous post and in yours if it's quoted in a minute, not sure he wants it public.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:14am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:12am:
I will remove part of the previous post and in yours if it's quoted in a minute, not sure he wants it public.

Of course he wants it public. It's part of his defense  against his general revoltingness.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #44 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:17am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:14am:
Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:12am:

Of course he wants it public. It's part of his defense  against his general revoltingness.

No it was in PMs with pictures when he was GrordyL. If he wanted public he would have done so not leave ir t me 12 months on.

Don't automatically think the worst. You said you looked for the best.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:25am

Perhaps you also missed the post about him asking about the status of Yassmin Abdel-Magied genitals?

You know, because she is a Muslim, it gives him the right to make a point of her woman's bits.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:31am

Apologies, Cods, for what has become of your thread.

Know that i support you in your intent on posting it.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:40am

I know you must have read it by now, Setanta.

Procrastinating?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #48 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:41am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:25am:
Perhaps you also missed the post about him asking about the status of Yassmin Abdel-Magied genitals?

You know, because she is a Muslim, it gives him the right to make a point of her woman's bits.

I see lotsa shyte Mothra. More than I want to. Remember what I said a few post back when you label someone?

People jack up. That will include trying to piss you off by any means. The more you take it as the truth of the person the more you will get what you expect.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #49 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:43am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:40am:
I know you must have read it by now, Setanta.

Procrastinating?

Gimme a break. When do I not answer you? I've been awake 24 hours now. I'm pissed, I might be a little slow. Cogent but a little lax on the reflexes.

edit: And I'm going to tell my wife you kept me up all night when she is pissed at me and she is going to be so pissed! You haven't been to bed yet? You know we have to do...

You're in trouble, Mothra! Grin

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:43am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:41am:

I see lotsa shyte Mothra. More than I want to. Remember what I said a few post back when you label someone?

People jack up. That will include trying to piss you off by any means. The more you take it as the truth of the person the more you will get what you expect.

So, you are once again arguing that the genesis of racism, sexism and Islamophobia lies with the people that decry racism, sexism and Islamophobia?

You can't be serious.

What do you think of Gordy's thread about Mohammed raping a 3 year old?

You seem to not want to say.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #51 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:49am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:43am:

So, you are once again arguing that the genesis of racism, sexism and Islamophobia lies with the people that decry racism, sexism and Islamophobia?

You can't be serious.

HuH? No, I say those that approach it like you and Greg can drive people to the other side. If I was on the fence and caught a night of You and Greg, I would be pissed of and likely to be antagonistic. Say things to piss you off, feedback loop.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #52 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:55am

Come on Mothra, I know you are there..

Procrastinating? Wink

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:56am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:49am:

You can't be serious.

HuH? No, I say those that approach it like you and Greg can drive people to the other side. If I was on the fence and caught a night of You and Greg, I would be pissed of and likely to be antagonistic. Say things to piss you off, feedback loop.

You would be antagonised by being called a racist, sexist or Islamophbe?

I would think most sensible people would strive to prove that they were none of those things.

Meh. I suppose it comes don to wht you value.

For me, being called one of those things would be the highest insult. I would not, upon being called one of those things, set about to be as racist, sexist an Islamophobic as i could manage.

I would question myself.

Why do you think people who are called those things don't question themselves, Setanta?

And whilst i am asking questions, what do you think of Gordy's thread on Mohammed raping a 3 year old gorl?
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:02am by mothra »  

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:01am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:55am:
Come on Mothra, I know you are there..

Procrastinating? Wink

What is your opinion on Gordy's thread about Mohammed raping a  year old girl?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #55 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:03am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:56am:

You can't be serious.

I would think most sensible people would strive to prove that they were none of those things.

For me, being called one of those things would be the highest insult. I would not, upon being called one of those things, set about to be as racist, sexist an Islamophobic as i could manage.

I would question myself.

Why do you think people who are called those things don't wuestion themselves, Setanta?

And whilst i am asking questions, what do you think of Gordy's thread on Mohammed raping a 3 year old gorl?

I am not everyone. I don't care what people think. My ego doesn't need validation. That doesn't mean things don't piss me off. I don't often get cranky but I did this week. At the soup kitchen someone used my knife to cut cheesecake in a ceramic tray. A razor edge against a ceramic. Closest to the most I've spat the dummy in a long time.

My Gordon Ramsay moment! Grin

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:06am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:03am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:56am:

You can't be serious.

I would question myself.

Why do you think people who are called those things don't wuestion themselves, Setanta?

I am not everyone. I don't care what people think. My ego doesn't need validation. That doesn't mean things don't piss me off. I don't often get cranky but I did this week. At the soup kitchen someone used my knife to cut cheesecake in a ceramic tray. A razor edge against a ceramic. Closest to the most I've spat the dummy in a long time.

My Gordon Ramsay moment! Grin

I'm only answering your questions, Setanta.

I would not be provoked by being called racist, sexist or Islamophobic into being more racist, sexist and Islamophobic.

I would be horrified by the accusations. I would question myself.

Now, what do you think of Gordy's thread about Mohammed raping 3 year olds?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:12am

You really don;t want to to say what you think about Gordy's thread about Mohammed raping a 3 year old, do you?

Like really alot.

Why is that Setanta?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #58 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:12am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:06am:

I would not be provoked by being called racist, sexist or Islamophobic into being more racist, sexist and Islamophobic.

A lot of people would. Challenge accepted. I have no idea if Mo did it or not so I reserve opinion. I know he was partial to little girls.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #59 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:14am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:12am:
You really don;t want to to say what you think about Gordy's thread about Mohammed raping a 3 year old, do you?

Like really alot.

Why is that Setanta?

Why TF are you pushing me to answer when I am and it's not fast enough for you. I've already asked "when do I not reply to you?"

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #60 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:17am

Spit it out woman!
Grin

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:18am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:12am:

A lot of people would. Challenge accepted. I have no idea if Mo did it or not so I reserve opinion. I know he was partial to little girls.

So you didn't read the thread.

Yet you prove my point. Entirely. And justify what Gordy was trying to do.

The thread is a about a man called Mohammed who is accused of indecent assault against a 3 year old girl.

There is neither any explanation of what that indecent assault represents or a conviction of guilt.

Yet the thread title "Mohammed rapes a 3 year old girl" remains.

And you thought it was about the prophet Mohammed.

Do you think that was Gordy's intention?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #62 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:19am

Why? You asked me if I read the thread. I said no. What does that prove?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:22am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:19am:
Why? You asked me if I read the thread. I said no. What does that prove?

Well, it proves that you don't read threads Setanta. Even when members tell you to read threads. Repeatedly.

Yet you were quite willing to accept that the prophet Mohammed raped a 3 year old ... based on a thread title from a known Islamophobe.

And you wonder what i am fighting?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #64 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:28am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:18am:

The thread is a about a man called Mohammed who is accused of indecent assault against a 3 year old girl.

There is neither any explanation of what that indecent assault represents or a conviction of guilt.

At this stage of the morning 6:21. I couldn't be buggered. I could probably continue our exchange and am up for that but I'm extremely tired and pissed and don't want to expand he terms of reference beyond where we were before whatever happened on Gordy's thread that I have not and will not read this morning.

I guess I just don't have the stamina you need. Wink

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:30am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:28am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:18am:

At this stage of the morning 6:21. I couldn't be buggered. I could probably continue our exchange and am up for that but I'm extremely tired and pissed and don't want to expand he terms of reference beyond where we were before whatever happened on Gordy's thread that I have not and will not read this morning.

I guess I just don't have the stamina you need. Wink

Yet i've been asking you to look at it for about 2 hours now.

Setanta. Own your bullshit.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:33am

Probably more like 3 hours.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:36am

setanta it is fast becoming where we all have to be very very ever so careful what we post on ozpol....

words are picked out selectively and used against you, if you are disliked.?????... they are even saved up and used against you...

I inadvertently used the word BELONG when doing my best to explain myself..[
for the umpteenth time
]

I am always being asked to explain myself... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

having admitted I "belonged"  I got the usual tirade.....

set so many people use a word in a title or a post without giving it enormous thought as to the consequences does that make them the "devil"?? 

gordy has a bit of a heavy foot but I find I can argue with him in quite a friendly way......a bit of argy bargy...gordy is a family man he works for himself he employs people...just because some of us are not as articulate and friendly and nice in how we speak of or too others  doesnt make us racists or ugly people who hate for the sake of it.. it makes us pretty human I think......we! well some of us make mistakes...I am sure if you questioned gordy on his choice of words for his thread title he would see your point of view....

in the mean time!I do not see where this thread has got a thing to do with gordies rape thread

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #68 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:40am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:33am:

Not this morning Mothra. 3 hours about was 3:30, now I'm really not going to. I'm happy to argue the point a bit but I'm not going out reading and judging in my state. let up on it is a failure on my behalf. I could have just not been here... Note to self.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #69 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:41am

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:42am

cods wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:36am:
setanta it is fast becoming where we all have to be very very ever so careful what we post on ozpol....

words are picked out selectively and used against you, if you are disliked.?????... they are even saved up and used against you...

for the umpteenth time
]

set so many people use a word in a title or a post without giving it enormous thought as to the consequences does that make them the "devil"?? 

gordy has a bit of a heavy foot but I find I can argue with him in quite a friendly way......a bit of argy bargy...gordy is a family man he works for himself he employs people...just because some of us are not as articulate and friendly and nice in how we speak of or too others  doesnt make us racists or ugly people who hate for the sake of it.. it makes us pretty human I think......we! well some of us make mistakes...I am sure if you questioned gordy on his choice of words for his thread title he would see your point of view....

in the mean time!I do not see where this thread has got a thing to do with gordies rape thread

Words aren't picked out selectively at all.

People are held accountable for what they type. Precisely for what they type.

If you have a problem with that, i suggest you be more deliberate in what you say.

Now Cods, what do you think of Gordy's thread about Mohammed raping a 3 year old?

Setanta doesn't seem to want to say ... aside from the statement that the prophet Mohammed did this or that.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:45am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:40am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:33am:

Not this morning Mothra. 3 hours about was 3:30, now I'm really not going to. I'm happy to argue the point a bit but I'm not going out reading and judging in my state. let up on it is a failure on my behalf. I could have just not been here... Note to self.

Well then, perhaps you shouldn't ry using using Gordy as an example of someone who doesn't deserve to be called an Islamophobe and a racist?

You know, if you don't have all the information at hand.

Despite the best efforts of forum members to point it out to you.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #72 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:50am

for the umpteenth time
]

WTF are you on about cods? Why do you have to be careful? What words did I use against you?

To be honest, I don't GaF what you post  unless some whiner complains.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:50am

this thread is now 5 pages long   it went pear shaped on page 1....the young men who went to court were not charged with rape  or even close to it...

just pointing that out!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:55am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:50am:

for the umpteenth time
]

WTF are you on about cods? Why do you have to be careful? What words did I use against you?

her e we go..

not me   I am talking about anyone  gordy used the rape word when a child had not been exactly raped....

wrong word   terrible crime....this thread is not about rape  or gordy or muslims...yet as you say its been talked about for 3 hours... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

but mostly about another member on here....and all his terrible faults...are you not just a little bit ashamed of yourself for indulging in a member slanging thread???

maybe I am wrong  but to me its not nice when a gmod gets involved in this type of thing....all I said set. was

we some of us all make mistakes and use words by error..  not deliberately ..just we happen to be humans thats all..

why do you have to use language like WTF are you on about.. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry.. to me but I dont see it to anyone else on the threads,. Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:03am

cods wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:55am:
Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:50am:

for the umpteenth time
]

her e we go..

not me   I am talking about anyone  gordy used the rape word when a child had not been exactly raped....

wrong word   terrible crime....this thread is not about rape  or gordy or muslims...yet as you say its been talked about for 3 hours... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

but mostly about another member on here....and all his terrible faults...are you not just a little bit ashamed of yourself for indulging in a member slanging thread???

maybe I am wrong  but to me its not nice when a gmod gets involved in this type of thing....all I said set. was

we some of us all make mistakes and use words by error..  not deliberately ..just we happen to be humans thats all..

why do you have to use language like WTF are you on about.. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry.. to me but I dont see it to anyone else on the threads,. Angry Angry Angry Angry

You are seriously arguing that Gordy started the thread with the thread title "Mohammed rapes 3 year old" as an accident?

That he didn't know full well what he was doing?

Are you for real, Cods?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #76 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 8:55am

Cool thread

IBI

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #77 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 2:34am

cods wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:50am:
this thread is now 5 pages long   it went pear shaped on page 1....the young men who went to court were not charged with rape  or even close to it...

just pointing that out!

yes, still I did my best to antagonize the topic

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #78 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 3:05am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 30th, 2017 at 2:34am:
cods wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:50am:

just pointing that out!

yes, still I did my best to antagonize the topic

You failed again. No surprises. Grab beer.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 10:42am

I think you did as  well set.... Angry

you do not address the facts I pointed out.. Angry

and how long the member bashing went on for .. Angry

you pointed out to me the error of my ways..

regarding me bringing something from one thread to another....bad form you said...so your had your say  as a gmod..

here you are bringing something else from another thread to bash another member as if he has committed a crime......I agree his wording could have been modified...but sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees..

3 hours...

get real.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print