trailer trash (Read 4692 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: trailer trash
Reply #30 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:11am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:00am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:52am:
I and Greg, John, Brian and others are often accused on here of apologising for extremists.

We do not. We categorically condemn them. We say so often.

But we defend the peaceful. We fight against the inclusion of the "all" into the narrative against the few.

We remind people that horrible things are done by all sorts of people.

If we seem repetitive or even "trollish" in what we do, then that is an unfortunate consequence of having to say the same damn thing over and over again and it simply not registering.

See, i consider the feelings of Muslims. I would hate for one to look in on this forum, after coming across it in a google search, and seeing the kinds of comments that are made without them being challenged.

And while people like Gordy start thread after thread after thread demonising Muslims for sh1ts and giggles, you will have people like me and Greg and John and Brian and others providing a counter argument ... and calling him and those like him on their prejudice.

See? We fight extremism. All of it.   

(Sorry for the edit. Hit modify instead of quote)
Would you do the same and consider the feelings of Atheists on the recent beheading? Their anger at the ideology that made it happen?

Gordy has made it clear it's Islam and one particular branch, but when he points it out he is an islamophobe. After a while you will just go with it because you have no choice. Then you enter the feedback loop.

Of course i would support an atheists rights to be offended. As i support LGBT rights to be offended. As i support women's rights to be offended.

I actively campaign against all of these human rights violations. I thought i made that clear?

But you are talking about repressive regimes. They perpetrate many hmuan rights violations. I condemn them all. Without question or reservation.

As i condemn the many US states that force the victims of rape who happen to become pregnant and bear a child being forced by law to co-parent with their rapist.

As i condemn the death penalty all over the world as an act of absolute barbarism.

As i condemn the domestic violence and rape statistics in our very own country.

As i condemn the slave trade in Australia.

As i condemn the sex tourism trade from Westerners that exploits women and children in Asia.

As i condemn the wars the US has embarked on in the token name of Christianity. How many killed now since WWII? Supporting the Saudis in Yemen?

I'm not fussy, Setanta. I see all sorts of human rights violations all over the world. I also see tremendous amounts of hypocrisy.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:24am

And Gordy is a tremendous Islamophobe. He is also a racist and a sexist.

He is an utterly revolting human being. I am surprised you are defending him, Setanta.

No matter how many times he says it's just Wahhabism.. no wait .. it's just Sunnis ... no wait, it's just people of Mediterranean/Middle Eastern appearance ... he says Muslims and he means Muslims. All of them.

Much as he means all "Abos" and all "curry-shitters".

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #32 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:25am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:04am:
Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:42am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:29am:
All gods are the same god. Even my Catholic mother agrees with that.

If you believe in god at all, that is.

Don't validate the war lovers, Setanta. Validate the peaceful. They are being drowned out by the war lovers, despite their best efforts.

And extremism wears many different clothes. We see extremism on this forum on a daily basis.

I won't validate bullshit, so I can't validate the ideology, I can separate the person from their ideology if they are reasonable.

You know, if you could do the same, you could be seen as a supporter of people(Muslims) rather than their ideology.

I guess we have different ideas about what constitutes the rights of people. I'm all for 18c being watered down, I think we should have the right to say what we like as long as it does not call for violence on another person. I don't care if anyone takes offence by what anyone says.

I don't support religion, it's a pox. I don't care what adherents say. I've seen what it has wrought. I'll accept any reasonable person, I will not support their fantasies.

Yeah but Setanta, you are overlooking other people's perceptions.

I agree with you, indeed. But billions don't agree with us at all.

Who am i to tell my mother she is full of bullshit? Or to tell Gandalf that he is full of bullshit? Simply because i don't agree with them about some stuff that doesn't really matter all that much in my dealings with them?

Why would i choose to offend them so? That is not the way to peace.

Isn't there enough disagreement to go around than to pick fights with people who interpret old books peacefully and believe in a God of sorts?

Hasn't there been enough blood spilled over gods? Although it is indeed true that most religious wars have been about something else entirely.  As is currently the case in the Middle East.

You are, of course, absolutely entitled to think it's ll crap. But does it bring peace to tell other people that what they deeply believe is nothing but crap?

Why would you want to do that?

I don't understand.

I told my mum she was "full of shyte" for her beliefs. Poor old thing was 78 and asked "are you an atheist?" She still loves me but it seemed to be a shock to her.

Exactly, enough blood sacrifice! Don't support it. Helping people with their beliefs will encourage them.

I don't care what they think, they don't care what I think. We can agree to disagree or pick up arms.

I don't unless others bring it up. Just like I don't get into the crap here. I might have a say and put my position forward and leave it at that, like I did with the free speech/muslim ABC lady I have never seen on TV. I don't mid discussing but I won't get into a shitfight. Once it gets it that stage, I'll walk away. If you for eg started calling me an islamophobe for my view, the interview would be over, I'm out. I like discussions but when it it moves to "you XXX"... That's not for me.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:34am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:25am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:04am:
Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:42am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:29am:
All gods are the same god. Even my Catholic mother agrees with that.

If you believe in god at all, that is.

Don't validate the war lovers, Setanta. Validate the peaceful. They are being drowned out by the war lovers, despite their best efforts.

And extremism wears many different clothes. We see extremism on this forum on a daily basis.

I won't validate bullshit, so I can't validate the ideology, I can separate the person from their ideology if they are reasonable.

You know, if you could do the same, you could be seen as a supporter of people(Muslims) rather than their ideology.

I guess we have different ideas about what constitutes the rights of people. I'm all for 18c being watered down, I think we should have the right to say what we like as long as it does not call for violence on another person. I don't care if anyone takes offence by what anyone says.

I don't support religion, it's a pox. I don't care what adherents say. I've seen what it has wrought. I'll accept any reasonable person, I will not support their fantasies.

Yeah but Setanta, you are overlooking other people's perceptions.

I agree with you, indeed. But billions don't agree with us at all.

Who am i to tell my mother she is full of bullshit? Or to tell Gandalf that he is full of bullshit? Simply because i don't agree with them about some stuff that doesn't really matter all that much in my dealings with them?

Why would i choose to offend them so? That is not the way to peace.

Isn't there enough disagreement to go around than to pick fights with people who interpret old books peacefully and believe in a God of sorts?

Hasn't there been enough blood spilled over gods? Although it is indeed true that most religious wars have been about something else entirely.  As is currently the case in the Middle East.

You are, of course, absolutely entitled to think it's ll crap. But does it bring peace to tell other people that what they deeply believe is nothing but crap?

Why would you want to do that?

I don't understand.

I told my mum she was "full of shyte" for her beliefs. Poor old thing was 78 and asked "are you an atheist?" She still loves me but it seemed to be a shock to her.

Exactly, enough blood sacrifice! Don't support it. Helping people with their beliefs will encourage them.

I don't care what they think, they don't care what I think. We can agree to disagree or pick up arms.

I don't unless others bring it up. Just like I don't get into the crap here. I might have a say and put my position forward and leave it at that, like I did with the free speech/muslim ABC lady I have never seen on TV. I don't mid discussing but I won't get into a shitfight. Once it gets it that stage, I'll walk away. If you for eg started calling me an islamophobe for my view, the interview would be over, I'm out. I like discussions but when it it moves to "you XXX"... That's not for me.

I would never call you an Islamophobe. You don't thump your chest about how all Muslims are CULTISTS, or spend all day every day starting threads on Muslims. You don't attribute the worst of behaviours by Muslims to the main.

As you said, you will defend individuals and their rights.

But i will damn straight call an Islamophobe an Islamophobe. I will call a racist a racist. I will call a sexist a sexist.

Listen Setanta, you and i have disagreed on gender politics, right? Have i ever called you a sexist? You are obviously not ... although we disagree, and i am a feminist.

It takes an extremist to be labelled with Islamophobe. Or racist. Or sexist.

We have no shortage of extremists on this forum.

They are not about peace.

They are about fear, hatred and disunity.

they push political agendas to foster fear hatred and disunity.

This is the literal definition of terrorist.

What do you think of Gordy's thread tonight on Mohammed raping a 3 year old? Do you think that is pushing a political agenda?

Using the violation of a small child to push a political agenda, no less.

Is this not extremism?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #34 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:34am

Kate Bush: Album: Common Ground

Tá bean in Éirinn a phronnfadh séad domh is mo sháith le n-ól
Is tá bean in Éirinn is ba bhinne léithe mo ráfla ceoil
Ná seinm théad; atá bean in éirinn is níorbh fhearr léi beo
Mise ag léimnigh nó leagtha i gcré is mo thárr faoi fhód

Tá bean in Éirinn a bheadh ag éad liom mur' bhfaighfinn ach póg
Ó bhean ar aonach, nach ait an scéala, is mo dháimh féin leo;
Tá bean ab fhearr liom nó cath is céad dhíobh nach bhfagham go deo
Is tá cailín spéiriúil ag fear gan Bhéarla, dubhghránna cróin.

Tá bean a déarfadh dá siulfainn léi go bhfaighinn an t-ór,
Is tá bean 'na léine is is fearr a méin ná na táinte bó
Le bean a bhuairfeadh Baile an Mhaoir is clár Thír Eoghain,
Is ní fheicim leigheas ar mo ghalar féin ach scaird a dh'ól

Quote:
Women of Ireland

There's a woman in Erin who'd give me shelter and my fill of ale;
There's a woman in Ireland who'd prefer my strains to strings beingplayed;
There's a woman in Eirinn and nothing would please her more
Than to see me burning or in a grave lying cold.

There's a woman in Eirinn who'd be mad with envy if I was kissed
By another on fair-day, they have strange ways, but I love them all;
There are women I'll always adore, battalions of women and more
And there's this sensuous beauty and she shackled to an ugly boar.

There's a woman who promised if I'd wander with her I'd find some gold
A woman in night dress with a loveliness worth more than the woman
Who vexed Ballymoyer and the plain of Tyrone;
And the only cure for my pain I'm sure is the ale-house down the road.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:40am

You and i can find common ground Setanta. We have proven that time and time again.

We ultimately believe in the rights for all people to live in dignity and peace, yes?

Yes.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #36 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:42am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:40am:
You and i can find common ground Setanta. We have proven that time and time again.

We ultimately believe in the rights for all people to live in dignity and peace, yes?

Yes.

Pretty much, people not ideology.

Common Ground. You can almost always find it if you look for it.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:48am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:42am:
mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:40am:

Yes.

Pretty much, people not ideology.

People come with their ideologies Setanta. You have yours. I have mine.

Yet we have found common ground, of sorts.

That is because we are essentially peaceful. Despite our disagreements, we choose to focus upon what we agree on.

You and i, over several years, have mastered this.

We agree to disagree.

But back to Gordy, who you defend. What do you think of his his thread tonight about Mohammed raping a 3 year old?

Do you not think that warrants challenge?

It is, without question, highly offensive, Islamophobic and belittling to child rape survivors. And to all Muslims.

Do you defend that?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:52am

Because i find it pretty typical of Gordy.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #39 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:00am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:52am:

I have seen it when people are told something they tend to live it out. Why? It's the only option. Tell a kid he's bad and you'll get a bad kid. Tell someone they are an islamophobe and you will get one, people jack up.

Not sure I may say but I will, the Islamophobe racist is someone than xxx. That is the volunteer work he talks about but never says what it is. You judge people too quickly if you don't like what they say.

People are multi faceted.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:13am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:09am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:00am:

I haven't seen it but when people are told something they tend to live it out. Why? It's the only option. Tell a kid he's bad and you'll get a bad kid. Tell someone they are an islamophobe and you will get one, people jack up.

Not sure I may say but I will, the Islamophobe racist is someone than went vxxx. That is the volunteer work he talks about but never says what it is. You judge people too quickly if you don't like what they say.

Apologies for not believing you haven;t seen it Setanta. It is sitting at the very top of the general board.

Here:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1493285884/0

But are you suggesting that all of these extremists on this forum are only extremists because people like me call them extremists?

You should get onto the government with your solution. All this anti-radicalisation stuff has a much simpler answer to what they are working with. Yes?

If only i knew i could go through my life without sexism by simply not pointing it out when it happened. It works retrospectively, yes?

I, Greg, John, Karnal, Gandalf and Brian etc. created all of these Islamophobes and racists by telling them off for being Islmophobes and racists.

Gotcha.  Wink

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:11am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:00am:

I have seen it when people are told something they tend to live it out. Why? It's the only option. Tell a kid he's bad and you'll get a bad kid. Tell someone they are an islamophobe and you will get one, people jack up.

Not sure I may say but I will, the Islamophobe racist is someone than went xxx That is the volunteer work he talks about but never says what it is. You judge people too quickly if you don't like what they say.

People are multi faceted.

And so he says, Setanta. Do you judge him by what he claims to have done? Or how he presents?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #42 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:12am

I will remove part of the previous post and in yours if it's quoted in a minute, not sure he wants it public.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:14am

Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:12am:
I will remove part of the previous post and in yours if it's quoted in a minute, not sure he wants it public.

Of course he wants it public. It's part of his defense  against his general revoltingness.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #44 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:17am

mothra wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:14am:
Setanta wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:12am:

Of course he wants it public. It's part of his defense  against his general revoltingness.

No it was in PMs with pictures when he was GrordyL. If he wanted public he would have done so not leave ir t me 12 months on.

Don't automatically think the worst. You said you looked for the best.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print